Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 27, 2010 18:53

ChrisM
Worst defeats in English history: Yorktown: October 1781, Dunkirk, June 1940 and perhaps the worst of all, a 4 to 1 castration at the hands of the Germans. This, alas, has not been their finest hour...

?????????????? We are talking about football

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 27, 2010 18:53

"Some people are having a bitch. They think the ball's over."

The disallowed goal changed the impetus of the game somewhat, but it would be hard to argue that Germany fully deserved to win.

Worst defending against German opposition since Dunkirk. Those four goals were absolutely criminal. Saturday morning schoolboy stuff.

England have been utterly horrible in this tournament, unfortunately, and arguing about a disallowed goal doesn't change that.

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: June 27, 2010 18:54

44 years later, history repeats.
When video-checking, hawk-eye or whatever in football?

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: June 27, 2010 19:03

So let me understand this. IF it was 2-2 at half instead of 2-1; then England would have actually played with some enthusiasm and heart in the second half? Sorry the the goal didn't count BUT the English got BEAT either way. They played a poor cup all around and is Wayne Rooney EVER going to show up in a Cup game?

Date: June 27, 2010 19:05

Wayne Rooney EVER going to show up in a Cup game?

When I saw him walk from the field I thought no

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 27, 2010 19:07

The ref stole the match. It would have been an entirely different game if England got that goal. England always plays better if they have a moral boost, rather than pressure on their shoulders. Had the score been 2-2, England would have played better because not many takes back a 2-0 lead against Germany in 5 minutes. The referee wasn't bad, but he made that glaring mistake, and that is what the game will be remembered for more than anything I think. Too bad for England. This is one of the few games where it actually WAS the refs fault.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: June 27, 2010 19:07

DrPete
So let me understand this. IF it was 2-2 at half instead of 2-1; then England would have actually played with some enthusiasm and heart in the second half? Sorry the the goal didn't count BUT the English got BEAT either way. They played a poor cup all around and is Wayne Rooney EVER going to show up in a Cup game?

I dont see anyone disputing that Germany would have won anyway, Pete - although a team that had conceded two goals in two minutes would have played a bit differently.

Maybe a blessing in disguise that England lost today. Argentina would have really embarrassed them.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: June 27, 2010 19:09

JumpingKentFlash
The ref stole the match. It would have been an entirely different game if England got that goal. England always plays better if they have a moral boost, rather than pressure on their shoulders. Had the score been 2-2, England would have played better because not many takes back a 2-0 lead against Germany in 5 minutes. The referee wasn't bad, but he made that glaring mistake, and that is what the game will be remembered for more than anything I think. Too bad for England. This is one of the few games where it actually WAS the refs fault.

Thats pure speculation Kent and i disagree. Germany was way better than england, they would have won anyway

Date: June 27, 2010 19:10

JumpingKentFlash

A referee cant give what he doesnt see. If he cant see that the ball was over the line, then he cant allow a goal.

FIFA - despite the wishes of 99% of football clubs and supporters - wont use goal line technology to reduce or eliminate the risk of human error. Totally ridiculous that in a billion dollar industry where so much money is at stake that they wont allow something which can clear something like that up in a manner of seconds.

FIFA - and especially that shitstick Blatter - are to blame for that. No one else.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-27 19:10 by Gazza.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 27, 2010 19:15

THe better has wone, by far. Dont think argentina will have a chance against germany

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 27, 2010 19:16

Germany deserved, but the incredible mistake of the referees against England
changed TOTALLY the match. England would have played in a different way the 2nd half. So, great Germany, but we have seen a great theft against England.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 27, 2010 19:19

Rolling Hansie

Sepp Blatter. He is the FIFA boss who simply refuses to allow the help of video cameras.

A simple 'home tv' is enough. Btw if Germany very conspicously would have let England score a goal to correct this FIFA blunder it would have made itself immortal and beloved by all football lovers. A historically missed chanche, dear eastern neighbours! Hopefully Argentina will set things straight.

Blatter is only interested in money and power and the interests of the big companies.

Date: June 27, 2010 19:21

kleermaker
Btw if Germany very conspicously would have let England score a goal to correct this FIFA blunder it would have made itself immortal and beloved by all football lovers. A historically missed chanche, dear eastern neighbours!

You cant be serious..

Date: June 27, 2010 19:29

Gazza
kleermaker
Btw if Germany very conspicously would have let England score a goal to correct this FIFA blunder it would have made itself immortal and beloved by all football lovers. A historically missed chanche, dear eastern neighbours!

You cant be serious..

It's sport Gazza, not war. And it would have been a fantastic gesture. I hope my country's team would have done that, but I think it wouldn't do it either, to be honest. Imagine Germany becomes the new wc, what do you think people remember first? It would be a dubious champion.

Date: June 27, 2010 19:32

kleermaker
Gazza
kleermaker

You cant be serious..

It's sport Gazza, not war. And it would have been a fantastic gesture. I hope my country's team would have done that, but I think it wouldn't do it either, to be honest. Imagine Germany becomes the new wc, what do you think people remember first? It would be a dubious champion.

Nonsense. By that yardstick, every time a team benefits from a dubious decision (a wrongly disallowed goal, getting away with a legitimate penalty claim etc) they'd be morally obliged to 'rectify' it. Total chaos.

Germany won the game fair and square. The disallowed goal didnt matter that much in the end.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: June 27, 2010 19:35

eye popping smiley

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 27, 2010 19:35

NICOS
ChrisM
Worst defeats in English history: Yorktown: October 1781, Dunkirk, June 1940 and perhaps the worst of all, a 4 to 1 castration at the hands of the Germans. This, alas, has not been their finest hour...

?????????????? We are talking about football
Indeed we are Nicos. Apparently the tongue in cheek that was part of my comment and attempt at humor in what is perhaps English football's darkest hour was lost on you. Lighten up...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-27 20:07 by ChrisM.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 27, 2010 19:36

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: June 27, 2010 19:37

Dubious Champion? Don't hear anyone claim the 86 Argentine team dubious and they benefitted from an obvious hand ball ( also strange that the most famous goal in history was illegal and a bad non call by the ref).

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 27, 2010 19:47

1966 - 2010 - finally: Balanced out!
Great game of my team. England was
very disappointig.

Date: June 27, 2010 19:55

DrPete
Dubious Champion? Don't hear anyone claim the 86 Argentine team dubious and they benefitted from an obvious hand ball ( also strange that the most famous goal in history was illegal and a bad non call by the ref).

Argentina 1986 was a champion without glamour to me, just by that action of Maradona. I'm a big admirer of M, but that action did no good to his reputation, at least for me. That BS remark about The hand of God, I didn't buy it. But maybe others did.

Btw: Though England made hugh defending mistakes, it would have been 2-2 after 45 min., and it's football, you know. The whole second half could have been totally different and nobody can say what would have been the result of this game. Anyway, the match has been ruined. A deception not only for England fans, but also for neutral football fans. Well, I'm waiting for Max' comment!

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 27, 2010 20:03

Just hope to see the following final

Germany vs The netherlands

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Date: June 27, 2010 20:09

Why to embarrass your self? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-27 20:14 by NICOS.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 27, 2010 20:09

A grudging congrats to the Germans. They made the English look like a team of OAPs...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 27, 2010 20:16

Havo
Just hope to see the following final

Germany vs The netherlands

And getting a heart attack.confused smiley

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 27, 2010 20:18

...what's lost in the missed goal...was the fact that these 2 teams played without diving, and without whining...I appreciated that.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 27, 2010 20:20

firebird
JumpingKentFlash

Thats pure speculation Kent and i disagree. Germany was way better than england, they would have won anyway

In the 2nd half Germany was better for sure, but that was AFTER England got disenchanted. Germany played best in the beginning, getting 2 goals. Then England woke up and got their first one. Minutes later England made another crystal clear goal (The Danish commentator even said that he saw it with his own naked eyes from row 84). After that England went to the dogs, but who wouldn't? I'm not saying that Germany wouldn't have won if the ref saw the goal, and I'm not saying that they would have lost either. We would have had an entirely different match if the score was 2-2. If the ref wasn't blind in the said situation, my guess is that England would have played more like what we saw in those 15 minutes (Where they played very good), than playing like 11 warthogs on meds, as was the case after the ref didn't see the goal. Who knows? Maybe Germany would have played like shite if England got their second. Either way the match is over and Germany won. That's the reality, but why did it have to happen in such a shite way? Wouldn't everybody be more happy if one team beat the other fair and square? That certainly wasn't the case in this one. The ref stole the match, and that is, as far as I'm concerned, as much reality as the fact the Germany is in the quarter finals.

I agree with Gazza about FIFA and their @#$%& reluctance to have some kind of technology to show if there was a goal or not.

.... And Gary Lineker was right....

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: June 27, 2010 20:21

officals make mistakes, players make mistakes, that is football,

if the ref or linesmand had seen it clearer they would hava allowed a goal
if the english centerhalfpair had not totally messed it up in the 1st goal , it would not have happened
if gerard he had been more accurate in one of his shoots, he would have scored..
if
if
if

i love this game,not despite the ifs, more for its ifs.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 27, 2010 20:26

JumpingKentFlash

Look up the history books - the same in England, 1966. A goal that wasn´t one for
England. So if the ref would have said "no goal" the game would have been....

A lot of guessing, Kent. Did Cappello say: Don´t score in the 2nd half?

Date: June 27, 2010 20:27

officals make mistakes, players make mistakes, that is football,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-27 20:30 by NICOS.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1808
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home