Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 27, 2010 22:22

....Mexican drug lords have a new enemy.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 27, 2010 23:01

I am pleased to see people here finally getting pissed about
these fkn BS biased refs. I hold my tongue, because I am not
sure, but if FIFA wants it fair, beyond reporaoch, there are
easy ways to do that .... but maybe they do not wnat that.

Congrats to Germany
and it looks like soon conrgats to ..... well lets wait..

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: June 27, 2010 23:07

JumpingKentFlash
firebird
JumpingKentFlash
The ref stole the match. It would have been an entirely different game if England got that goal. England always plays better if they have a moral boost, rather than pressure on their shoulders. Had the score been 2-2, England would have played better because not many takes back a 2-0 lead against Germany in 5 minutes. The referee wasn't bad, but he made that glaring mistake, and that is what the game will be remembered for more than anything I think. Too bad for England. This is one of the few games where it actually WAS the refs fault.

Thats pure speculation Kent and i disagree. Germany was way better than england, they would have won anyway

In the 2nd half Germany was better for sure, but that was AFTER England got disenchanted. Germany played best in the beginning, getting 2 goals. Then England woke up and got their first one. Minutes later England made another crystal clear goal (The Danish commentator even said that he saw it with his own naked eyes from row 84). After that England went to the dogs, but who wouldn't? I'm not saying that Germany wouldn't have won if the ref saw the goal, and I'm not saying that they would have lost either. We would have had an entirely different match if the score was 2-2. If the ref wasn't blind in the said situation, my guess is that England would have played more like what we saw in those 15 minutes (Where they played very good), than playing like 11 warthogs on meds, as was the case after the ref didn't see the goal. Who knows? Maybe Germany would have played like shite if England got their second. Either way the match is over and Germany won. That's the reality, but why did it have to happen in such a shite way? Wouldn't everybody be more happy if one team beat the other fair and square? That certainly wasn't the case in this one. The ref stole the match, and that is, as far as I'm concerned, as much reality as the fact the Germany is in the quarter finals.

I agree with Gazza about FIFA and their @#$%& reluctance to have some kind of technology to show if there was a goal or not.

.... And Gary Lineker was right....

that´s rubbish. you could say that for every false decision made during a game.
say the ref gives a wrong corner kick, or free kick, ..., or offside. how often does a team have the chance to score a goal but the ref gives false offside. that changes a game tremendously. every one of those decisions has influence on the game and changes the game. if the ref wouldn´t have given that wrong free kick in min. 5 and then 60 minutes later someone else had the ball and maybe scored a goal.

that´s why it´s called "tatsachenentscheidung"

you have to be lucky to become a champion. and you have to be good to be lucky.

germany was so very good and england so bad it´s ridiculous to talk about it.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 27, 2010 23:11

Come on Mexico!!!

It ain´t over til it´s over!

7 minutes +X.

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: June 27, 2010 23:18

LOL @ anyone who thinks that disallowed goal would have changed the outcome.

Date: June 27, 2010 23:25

I am not 100% positive, but a very simple, light wieght device
(maybe 2 for back up redunndance) attached to each player uniform
would solve the incorrect "off sides" calls forever.

And the refs had "someone upstairs" reviewing the "goal/no goal"
calls would be a step forward to making sure the correct team goes
forward. But maybe these solutions would ruin the game for the purist.

Congrats to Argentina,
I AM SURE they are going wild down there, they love this sport.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-27 23:29 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 27, 2010 23:28

Poor Argentina my god, and referee an authentic swine!!
Engligh!! Rememenber what happened in Mexico World Cup with Spain and Brazil?
Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 27, 2010 23:31

And this in Corea...

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: June 27, 2010 23:33

With every match, FIFA starting to look more and more like boxing & Olympic figure skating with "officials" deciding the result rather than the sportsmen.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: June 28, 2010 00:43

Been a football fan for many, many years and I'm used to be (until very, very recently) against the use of video.

With this WC, FIFA has no choice there shouldn't even be a debate. Lets get some help to the refs.

Today's mistakes completly changed the way the matches were played. Don't talk about the outcome but Argentinas offside goal surely messed up the Mexican players minds as I'm sure for the English side not getting the equilizer.

Very sad about the way things are going in this years WC.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 28, 2010 00:55

mtaylor
firebird
How comes nobody is complaining about Argentinas first goal? It was offside. Kleermaker? Kent?
Probably Argentina is supposed to win - better for FIFAs image and bank account.

I am complaining about that goal! The linesman could see he was wrong on the big screen in the stadium just a second after this happened, but he didn't dare to change his call, because he wasn't allowed to use technical help! So he rubbed his face and didn't know where to look. Before that goal Mexico was the better team. The second goal was a huge blunder of the Mexicans and the third one was great (a bit of luck, but that's okay). Argentina played cowardly and had to take a goal as reward. I'm sorry the Mexicans didn't score another two goals. Argentina isn't my favourite against Germany, because Germany kept on playing. So I hope Germany will beat Argentina.

To me this was a black day in WC-history. Both matches were ruined because of that conservative etc. FIFA. I hope Holland will win tomorrow, but by real goals, not by false ones.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 28, 2010 00:57

I saw two exciting matches today with two weak linesmen...the refs weren´t
the ones to blame.

kleermaker
Btw if Germany very conspicously would have let England score a goal to correct this FIFA blunder it would have made itself immortal and beloved by all football lovers. A historically missed chanche, dear eastern neighbours!

As far as I´m willing to agree how ugly and bad german football teams played
and behaved often enough since 1982 your proposal is completely ridiculous.
Not a single team would have done this or something similar in a comparable
situation,or did you see how Argentina went to the ref or linesman tonight to admit Tevez
first goal was offside ?

Come on....honour to your moral imperative,but that´s pure wishful thinking.
It´s the World Cup, a competition,the knock-out matches,and no backyard kicks.

OK,congrats to Argentina and Germany ( I think Gerrard´s quote says it all for this match ).
Could be a hotblooded match between both in the quarter-final,thinking back of the 2006 one with
Maxi Rodriguez knocking Schweinsteiger in the chaos after the penalties...

Date: June 28, 2010 01:06

shortfatfanny
the ones to blame.

kleermaker
Btw if Germany very conspicously would have let England score a goal to correct this FIFA blunder it would have made itself immortal and beloved by all football lovers. A historically missed chanche, dear eastern neighbours!

situation,or did you see how Argentina went to the ref or linesman tonight to admit Tevez
first goal was offside ?

OK,congrats to Argentina and Germany ( I think Gerrard´s quote says it all for this match ).
Could be a hotblooded match between both in the quarter-final,thinking back of the 2006 one with

I know it's only a nice idea and not realistic, as you could read in a later post of mine here. But if Germany or Argentina becomes the new wc, what do you think comes to mind first? Okay, we both know the answer. So hopefully none of both countries will win the worldcup.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: June 28, 2010 01:08

shortfatfanny
the ones to blame.

kleermaker

first goal was offside ?

I missed that : what did Gerrard say ?

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: June 28, 2010 01:13

leteyer

With this WC, FIFA has no choice there shouldn't even be a debate. Lets get some help to the refs.

Today's mistakes completly changed the way the matches were played. Don't talk about the outcome but Argentinas offside goal surely messed up the Mexican players minds as I'm sure for the English side not getting the equilizer.

Very sad about the way things are going in this years WC.

The US also got hosed in each of their last two Group games, having goals taken away from them on nonsense calls.....it nearly cost them advancement.

Pretty sure that other games in the WC this year also had trivial calls / non-calls as well that impacted the result and momentum of the game, so the sample size continues to grow.

Get rid of your EGO FIFA and fix this mess!

Date: June 28, 2010 01:17

kleermaker,wc just hasn´t finished,so maybe there are more questionable
and/or wrong decisions on the way.
I just don´t get the use of counting them and blaming a team for something
others decided.
Remember Luis Fabiano when he scored with the help of god´s golden hand and was obviously
asked by the ref about it and then claiming and gesturing his innocence...
Do you really think a wc win by Brazil would be overshadowed for decades
by a wrong decision by a linesman,again in this case ?
It would be shown in a retrospective with a certain smile concerning the cleverness,and so on...
Sure those false decisions making me furious as much as they do you or anyone else,but hey.....it´s the human touch ( including cheating,diving....).

Date: June 28, 2010 01:21

Arena1981
Gerrard: "We can't use goal (not allowed) as an excuse. To say that one moment changed the game would be a lie. They were better team".

Suppose it´s a correct quote,didn´t hear it myself...

Date: June 28, 2010 01:29

First posted by BitchesBrew

Is this the former DFB president Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder behind Mick ?
Oh dear...

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: June 28, 2010 01:31

shortfatfanny

Arena1981
Gerrard: "We can't use goal (not allowed) as an excuse. To say that one moment changed the game would be a lie. They were better team".

Suppose it´s a correct quote,didn´t hear it myself...

agree

Date: June 28, 2010 01:42

shortfatfanny

First posted by BitchesBrew

Is this the former DFB president Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder behind Mick ?
Oh dear...

Well, I guess Mick doesn't take it that easy, sff. I'm afraid his voice has suffered badly last evening!

But you're right, Brasil doesn't deserve to become wc. I didn't blame Germany and Argentina and I didn't say they don't deserve it, I only hope they won't become it.
As for diving, that deserves a red cart and could also easily be seen if they would use very simple technical means.

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: June 28, 2010 01:58

Gazza
Good to see you're comin' round!

Its been mostly dominated by Europe and South American teams since the first tournament in 1930, but there are more European teams simply because there are far more countries in Europe.

South America has actually produced seven champions (5 Brazil and 2 Argentina) against 9 from Europe (4 Italy, 3 Germany/W Germany, 1 each from England and France) - and this is the 5th tournament out of 17 which has been staged outside those two regions (Mexico 1970 & 1986, USA 1994, Japan & S Korea 2002), so its definitely become more of a global event in recent decades.

Its the biggest sporting event on the planet. Even though only 32 countries make the finals (it used to be just 16 and then 24), over 200 countries enter it and the TV audience is greater than the Olympics.

Sorry Gazza but you omitted that Uruguay was Champion of the World twice, in 1930 (the first tournament) and 1950 against Brazil in Maracaná Stadium.

Before World Cup exists, Olympic Games was the tournament which declared the champions of the World in football by FIFA. Uruguay has two Olympic Championship, 1924 and 1928 (amateur of course), this is the reason of the four stars in our shirt. Great Britain has 2 and Belgium 1.

[www.fifa.com]

I tell you something, Uruguay has 14 South America's Cup, Argentina the same, Brazil has only 8! Uruguay never lost a match playing in Montevideo in this competition.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Uruguay has just 3.5 millions of people.
Never forget the whole history!

Kind regards!
Alex

Date: June 28, 2010 02:02

I have to admit I haven´t made up my mind concerning the use of some technology
to help and judge questionable situations.

Definetly worth a debate...it´s just I think something will be gone if you
start to interrupt the match for several scenes,just might kill the flow of a match,
if there´s one at all.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 28, 2010 02:07

The best match of the tournament so far. And if Germany keep playing like this they deserve to win the World Cup. Good luck to them.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: June 28, 2010 03:23

New Zealand got done when they played Italy as well,because one of the players from Italy fell over in the box he never got a hand on him.Italy had to cheat to score a goal against New Zealand.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: June 28, 2010 04:57

Seriously, Germany won 4- ONE!!! And dominated the game other than for about 10 minutes or so. If England was SO DEFLATED by a lost goal in the FIRST half that they had no energy to attempt an honest second half effort, they then DESERVE to lose!! And if their goal tender could have held on to a ball vs the U S then they may never have faced Die Mannschaft anyway. I love the Brits but they wimped out almost as badly as the Italians and the French

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 28, 2010 06:07

aralla
Gazza
Good to see you're comin' round!

Its been mostly dominated by Europe and South American teams since the first tournament in 1930, but there are more European teams simply because there are far more countries in Europe.

South America has actually produced seven champions (5 Brazil and 2 Argentina) against 9 from Europe (4 Italy, 3 Germany/W Germany, 1 each from England and France) - and this is the 5th tournament out of 17 which has been staged outside those two regions (Mexico 1970 & 1986, USA 1994, Japan & S Korea 2002), so its definitely become more of a global event in recent decades.

Its the biggest sporting event on the planet. Even though only 32 countries make the finals (it used to be just 16 and then 24), over 200 countries enter it and the TV audience is greater than the Olympics.

Sorry Gazza but you omitted that Uruguay was Champion of the World twice, in 1930 (the first tournament) and 1950 against Brazil in Maracaná Stadium.

I know - and someone else pointed that out earlier. Apologies for the oversight. An incredible record for a small country.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-28 06:07 by Gazza.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 28, 2010 10:07

Date: June 28, 2010 11:06

Hup Holland Hup!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 28, 2010 11:58

Still 5 hours to go

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 28, 2010 12:19

Great game yesterday between England and Germany.

It was one of those games like Brazil Italy in 82: England was not bad at all, probably it is even a stronger team, but Germany played one hell of a match and just every (well, almost every) shot to goal was a goal.

The 3-1 goal killed the game. At that point, England had more than one occasion to score the equalizer, and, more important was taking control of the game. That is how things go in football: in Italy we say, missed goal, suffered goal (if that makes sense in English).

Technology: NO WAY!

These discussions are what make football unique. Off side yes or no, goal yes or no. Corrupted refs, refs that need an eye check and all. It always have been like this. As the English say, this IS a gentlemen's sport played by beasts anyway (sorry for the non exact quote)! Mistakes, bad acting etc. this is real life.

Italy in 2006 won the cup after deserving to be kicked out by Australia (completely invented penalty and Totti nominated at the Oscars for best actor in a leading role ...). In 1994 Italy lost the final and probably deserved the final win.

C

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home