Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 15
Re: Keith says No new MT overdubs!
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 6, 2010 18:11

James Kirk, NAILED IT! One cannot believe what Keith says anymore...who knows IF he even said those things but if he did, I think he just runs off at the mouth and may say weird things just to be contrary! He LOVES to say the opposite of whatever MJ says and this has been the case for DECADES! All I can say is, it sure does sound like MT on PMS, and if someone else played that lead, he did a fabulous job!

Date: May 6, 2010 18:14

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 6, 2010 18:17

CousinC
It really seems like Jagger and Was wanted to hide Tayors help from Keith.
Now they all have a problem . .

I dont necessarily see it that way. I just think they didnt all communicate properly in getting their stories to match up when asked about it by the media or the public.

Four quotes. Three different answers. One yes, one no, two not saying.

Maybe Keith's fax machine just wasnt working that day

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 6, 2010 18:22

The Greek
StonesTod
The Greek
StonesTod
CousinC
Just certain riffs like Thumb and JJF where Keith has problems these days.

that's kinda like saying A-Rod is just having probs hitting curveballs and fastballs....
why are you picking on A-ROD? (giants fan ,or A's fan?)

i like a-rod - plug in your own struggling slugger as desired....
so are you a Yankee fan ?

since it seems to matter to you - i'm a gman fan first. given the lads haven't figured in the playoff hunt for a few years (this year maybe?), i generally do root for the bronx bombers against all-comers for no explicable reason...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 6, 2010 18:22

CousinC
It really seems like Jagger and Was wanted to hide Tayors help from Keith.
Now they all have a problem . .

tongue sticking out smiley

Date: May 6, 2010 18:31

StonesTod
The Greek
StonesTod
The Greek
StonesTod
CousinC
Just certain riffs like Thumb and JJF where Keith has problems these days.

that's kinda like saying A-Rod is just having probs hitting curveballs and fastballs....
why are you picking on A-ROD? (giants fan ,or A's fan?)

i like a-rod - plug in your own struggling slugger as desired....
so are you a Yankee fan ?

since it seems to matter to you - i'm a gman fan first. given the lads haven't figured in the playoff hunt for a few years (this year maybe?), i generally do root for the bronx bombers against all-comers for no explicable reason...
what is a gman ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-06 18:32 by The Greek.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 6, 2010 18:35

Giants - i assumed everyone else calls them the Gmen, as they are commonly referred to here....it's cooler than calling them the Giants, and more accurate, as they have several diminuitive players....

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 6, 2010 18:39

Gazza
Saying 'I'm not saying' is as good as saying 'yes'.

That applies to politicians, in any case. Seems they act as politicians rather than as musicians these days.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: May 6, 2010 18:44

mickschix
J All I can say is, it sure does sound like MT on PMS, and if someone else played that lead, he did a fabulous job!
I don't think anyone is disputing Taylor plying lead, I just think it is 70's Taylor and not recent Taylor, I could be wrong and if I am he deserves much credit for being able to recreate that sound but I would bet it is from the 70's.

Posted by: cinnamon girl ()
Date: May 6, 2010 18:51

If MT says he did overdubs on PMS (WHICH HE DID TO HIS FANS) then have no doubt that it is so. MT has more artistic integrity than the lot of them.

Get Well Soon,Baby!

Posted by: kensbro ()
Date: May 6, 2010 18:51

At Northampton MA, one week ago, MT was asked directly what he had recently overdubbed for the new EOMS release.

I heard him say, simply: "Plundered My Soul".

Luckily, cinnamon girl and I were at the first three shows: Iron Horse, Northampton; Bearsville Theater; Bull Run, Shirley.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-06 19:48 by kensbro.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 6, 2010 18:52

I was at the Austin show
I didn't hear any overdubs at all.

That should put all speculation to rest.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 6, 2010 18:59

Munichhilton
I was at the Austin show
I didn't hear any overdubs at all.

That should put all speculation to rest.

well, the overdubs are added in the studio, not during the live concert (yet).

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 6, 2010 19:03

....ahh controversy...worse...discrepancies amongst the principles....whatever will we do???.....

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 6, 2010 19:05

OK, I don't pretend to know what actually happened, but here is the evidence so far:

- MT himself said he played on one track.
- Several other sources have reported MT put new guitar overdubs on.
- Jagger and Was' statements implied that Taylor played (they simply would have denied outright if there was no truth to it.).
- The one person who said he did not play? Keith!

Let's just say that considering the above and Keith's well known, um, elastic relationship with the truth over the years, I chose to believe that Taylor did in fact contribute.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 6, 2010 19:07

as gazza said it, keith just wasn't very involved in the exile sessions. he says the stuff he always says in the interviews and probably doesn't care. mick taylor said on his myspace site that he added some bits, he apparantley said it to fans, don was and mick hinted towards it as well...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 6, 2010 19:07

StonesTod
keith's happy to mis-inform here; he's happy to mis-inform anywhere....

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 6, 2010 19:08

Mel Belli

Keith is simply uninformed. He had very, very little to do with the "new" tracks, so it's no surprising. The most obvious MT overdub on PMS—where Jagger sings "guess I was misunderstood"—was cut from the final mix.
This is the bit I'm talking about. If that's not a contemporary overdub, then I'll eat my hat!

www.amazon.co.uk/Plundered-My-Soul/dp/B003GGZQQS/ref=sr_1_3/280-2480313-0396007?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1270913650&sr=8-3

You're right, that short solo lick is indeed missing^^
and yes, it seems like a contemporary overdub to me aswell.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 6, 2010 19:09

Gazza
Doesn't say much for Keith's involvement in the new Exile either IMO.

it says plenty about his non-involvement with recent overdubs, at least to Plundered My Soul.
but that doesn't imply that he was underinvolved in other aspects of the project.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-06 20:28 by with sssoul.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 6, 2010 19:09

71Tele
OK, I don't pretend to know what actually happened, but here is the evidence so far:

- Jagger and Was' statements implied that Taylor played (they simply would have denied outright if there was no truth to it.).

Let's just say that considering the above and Keith's well known, um, elastic relationship with the truth over the years, I chose to believe that Taylor did in fact contribute.

You forgot to mention this:

<Re: Keith says No new MT overdubs!
Date: May 6, 2010 16:51

At Northampton MA, one week ago, MT was asked directly what he had recently overdubbed for the new EOMS release.

I heard him say, simply: "Plundered My Soul".>

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 6, 2010 19:15

If Mick Taylor said he did then he did!! Taylor has alway been very truthful in the past and would have no reason
to not tell the truth now.

Date: May 6, 2010 19:18

Charlie, who I tend to believe more than any of the other current Stones, said Bill Plummer did not record on any songs for Exile, that Bill played on Happy and whatever else. And who knows if Taylor did in fact play bass on Tumbling Dice when Mick just scribbled whatever - and even Mick has said he wasn't 100% positive about who did what but insisting (in the liner notes) makes it "official" since it's the release. But perhaps the truth is as steady with Charlie as his timing - and that would be very very difficult to doubt, not believe or toss aside.

Date: May 6, 2010 19:18

kleermaker
71Tele

You forgot to mention this:

<Re: Keith says No new MT overdubs!
Date: May 6, 2010 16:51

I heard him say, simply: "Plundered My Soul".>

I didn't forget. That's why I said "MT himself says he played on one track".

Date: May 6, 2010 19:20

skipstone
Charlie, who I tend to believe more than any of the other current Stones, said Bill Plummer did not record on any songs for Exile, that Bill played on Happy and whatever else. And who knows if Taylor did in fact play bass on Tumbling Dice when Mick just scribbled whatever - and even Mick has said he wasn't 100% positive about who did what but insisting (in the liner notes) makes it "official" since it's the release. But perhaps the truth is as steady with Charlie as his timing - and that would be very very difficult to doubt, not believe or toss aside.

The Plummer overdubs were all done in LA, and that is definitely Taylor on Tumbling Dice. His bass style is very easily distinguished from Bill's or Keith's.

Date: May 6, 2010 19:22

Why would Mick Taylor say that? Meaning, why would he make something up like that? It's absurd! He has no reason to be fictitious about this. It's so bizarre to begin with that it's obviously true.

Jagger and his 'can't be bothered'ness actually does care to be bothered to, har har, dip back into the treasure chest - to look back - instead of doing something new ala not Beach Boys...revisionist recording...etc...what a load of tripe Jagger is!

Date: May 6, 2010 19:24

When Taylor was doing all guitars and backing vocals (Keith didn't participate at all) on "a hundred years ago"
Keith came into the studio and said against Taylor:"Now I now why I hate you"
GHS :"a Hundred years ago" : Credits:Jagger& Richards. confused smiley

Maybe history repeats itself more or less..

Date: May 6, 2010 19:30

More, in this case.

I was just going by what Charlie said in some interview recently - that Bill Plummer did not record anything for Exile. According to Charlie that is.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 6, 2010 19:35

Where was MT in Northampton,Ma?? Did he play a gig...at the Iron Horse?? I don't know why I didn't know that; I live one hour away!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 6, 2010 19:36

I believe your "100 Years Ago" story, Amsterdamned. And then Jagger patted his sobbing friend Keith on the back and said, "There, there...we'll get all the royalties for all these albums Taylor brilliantly composes for us." And they rubbed their greedy hands together and cackled maniacally.

And Taylor labored away, a genius unmoved by ego or financial renumeration and lo when the great god Taylor stepped out on his own in December 1974, his muse mysteriously deserted him.

Here endeth the lesson.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: May 6, 2010 19:38

Amsterdamned
When Taylor was doing all guitars and backing vocals (Keith didn't participate at all) on "a hundred years ago"
Keith came into the studio and said against Taylor:"Now I now why I hate you"
GHS :"a Hundred years ago" : Credits:Jagger& Richards. confused smiley

Maybe history repeats itself more or less..

I thought that was when they worked together on John Phillips album and Taylor played the magnificent solo on "Oh Virginia" on 76/77 and Keith said something like "Now I remember why I hate you".

Anyway I can't really take Keith seriously after all these years...and I too was surprised that Charlie said it was him on Happy and not Jimmy Miller, and didn't even know who Bill Plummer was...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-06 19:39 by stones78.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1326
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home