Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15
Re: Keith says No new MT overdubs!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 7, 2010 20:31

Thanks for your attention.
No'Iam not a liar,unless the one who told me is.
Does that answer satisfy you? Thank God.tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 7, 2010 20:37

straycatuk

One thing about PMS - it's had more posts about it than any other Stones track.

sc uk

It's interesting to invent a theory that explains why.

Doxa!!!! Work to do!!!

Date: May 7, 2010 21:08

ThankGod
kleermaker
Amsterdamned has stated that he has a reliable source that says that Taylor did also the rhythm part. He said that days ago.

I guess you mean this?

Amsterdamned
It's both Taylor on lead & rhythm.
No Keith involved.

or

Amsterdamned
It's both Taylor on lead & rhythm.
No Keith involved. 100% shure.

or

Amsterdamned
I really know the truth about it. Believe me or not.
It's Taylor on Lead and rhythm.
No Keith involved.

or

Amsterdamned
It's not Keith but Mick. .I'am as sure as possible.cool smiley

or

Amsterdamned
Mick both ,recreation track too.I'm well informed.
The truth may be told.

or

Amsterdamned
Keith wasn't involved.. I know it.

or this?

Amsterdamned
Mick T did the lead and rhythm,.I got this from a well informed source.

Sorry but this post suggests that Amsterdamned is a liar.

Amsterdamned
Mathijs
Do you have any actual proof that Taylor is playing the open G part, other than just repeatedly stating "it's Taylor?

Mathijs

No I don't have.But I can imagine it could be

All that "i have proof its Taylor and not Keith" nonsense!! Hahaha!! And all the time he/she was IMAGINING it was Taylor.

Amsterdamned you have been exposed as a liar.

BTW "Thank God": Mahijs will only be convinced about my statement if I actually was there.So I gave him a rather nuanced answer,an answer that is 'Corpus Delicty' for you . Thus the way you sum up my posts puts my statement a bit out of context.They are the trut btw.
You are a below the belt and cheap Prosecutor.

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: May 7, 2010 21:09

Amsterdamned

No it doesnt satisfy. You lied. Simple. You said you were 100% sure and that you were reliably informed Keith doesnt play on the track. A few days later when you had forgotten this story you told the truth. And that truth is you imagine its Taylor.

Liars always become trapped in their web of lies.

Date: May 7, 2010 21:13

ThankGod
Amsterdamned

No it doesnt satisfy. You lied. Simple. You said you were 100% sure and that you were reliably informed Keith doesnt play on the track. A few days later when you had forgotten this story you told the truth. And that truth is you imagine its Taylor.

See my previous post,I'am still 100% shure.

Date: May 7, 2010 21:23

ThankGod
Amsterdamned

I think that's an injust conclusion. As far as I know Amsterdamned never said he had any proof to offer (which is also impossible) but that he KNEW, which means to me that his source is very reliable. So he didn't lie when he said to Mathijs that he doesn't have proof. Words like "But I can imagine it could be" are not very clever to use, because they can be interpreted the wrong way. But I think Amsterdamned is no liar at all, but he was certainly clumsy when he used those words.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 7, 2010 21:28

open-g
I'm under the impression that work got a little hectic as the release date got nearer. (same impression I had with ABB, btw.)

Yeah, talking about ABB. I check few details from timeisonourside.com that I find appropriate to point out here while speculating if it was technically possible for Taylor to make his over-dubs in the beginning of the year:

* June 6-28, 2005: The Rolling Stones hold overdubbing and mixing sessions for A Bigger Bang at Ocean Way Recording Studios in Los Angeles, California.

* August 22, 2005: The Rolling Stones' lead single off their next album, Streets of Love / Rough Justice, is released.

* September 6, 2005: The Rolling Stones' 24th U.S. and 22nd UK studio album - and first in eight years - A Bigger Bang, is released.

By the time he stopped overdubbing and mixing session it wouldn't take even two months to get the single out of the album. So I think there is no reason to claim that it was technically impossible that still EVEN in February for Taylor to have made his contribution - which probably wasn't such a big cake at all. And Taylor is famous - or that was what the engineers said in the early 70's - for making his parts in one/two takes.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-07 21:30 by Doxa.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 7, 2010 22:30

with sssoul
TeddyB1018
>> I'm in Los Angeles. Where'd you get Alabama? <<

it was in your original post, Teddy, which schillid provided a link to - [www.iorr.org] - and a quote from.
you wrote Al when you meant LA. typos happen. but it isn't strange to think Al means AL.

TeddyB1018

Right! I just caught that! My bad.

The simple typo strikes again.

Supposedly a simple typo led to yesterday's massive sell-off in the stock market. Someone supposedly typed "B" for BILLION DOLLARS, when he or she should have typed "M" for Million $.

It's a good idea to use the preview button.

Posted by: fuman ()
Date: May 7, 2010 22:47

Who ya gonna believe?

Keith or your lying ears . . .

Date: May 7, 2010 22:56

kleermaker
ThankGod
Amsterdamned

I think that's an injust conclusion. As far as I know Amsterdamned never said he had any proof to offer (which is also impossible) but that he KNEW, which means to me that his source is very reliable. So he didn't lie when he said to Mathijs that he doesn't have proof. Words like "But I can imagine it could be" are not very clever to use, because they can be interpreted the wrong way. But I think Amsterdamned is no liar at all, but he was certainly clumsy when he used those words.

very clumsy indeed kleermaker, because to say...

Amsterdamned
I do have the proof that the other guitars are all Taylor

...means only one thing. That Amsterdamned is claiming he/she has proof that all the guitars except the open G are played by Taylor.

Even if we are to follow your clumsy wording theory, & Amsterdamned is not claiming proof, but in fact claiming extremely reliable evidence from a trustworthy source - the claim is only that the "other guitars are all Taylor".

Date: May 7, 2010 23:13

ThankGod

Amsterdamned

...means only one thing. That Amsterdamned is claiming he/she has proof that all the guitars except the open G are played by Taylor.

Even if we are to follow your clumsy wording theory, & Amsterdamned is not claiming proof, but in fact claiming extremely reliable evidence from a trustworthy source - the claim is only that the "other guitars are all Taylor".

Well, now you come with a new quote that wasn't in your long list up here. But again I think Amsterdamned meant "well informed source" where he injustly used the word "proof" (I don't remember the quote, but I believe you without having checked it). Those guitar masters are sometimes a bit sloppy I guess. But A. sticks to his claim, and I see no convincing argument to sent him packing as a liar, so I believe what he states, however clumsy he did that.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: May 7, 2010 23:19

schillid
with sssoul
TeddyB1018

it was in your original post, Teddy, which schillid provided a link to - [www.iorr.org] - and a quote from.
you wrote Al when you meant LA. typos happen. but it isn't strange to think Al means AL.

TeddyB1018

Supposedly a simple typo led to yesterday's massive sell-off in the stock market. Someone supposedly typed "B" for BILLION DOLLARS, when he or she should have typed "M" for Million $.

That's funny, In Alabama we call the southern part of the state "LA" (Lower Alabama!)

Ross
Roll Tide!

Date: May 8, 2010 00:07

ThankGod
kleermaker
ThankGod
Amsterdamned

Amsterdamned

You must be Mathijs's Lawyer,or his alter ego.winking smiley

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 8, 2010 00:17

K: ay mick wat up?
M: nuffin much howz the kids...listen i finished an outake.
K: u add a little cake?
M: no i finished one. an old one.
K: a little cake?
M: plunder my soul.
K: timber me shivers
M: no seriously i finished an outake to be released with a new exiles package
K: u add a cake u say?
M: i need to dub a guitar.
K: i didn't take the car!
M: i might call in taylor see wot we got
K: tailer cake?
M: ok...see u next month.
K: right

Date: May 8, 2010 00:20

Amsterdamned

i can neither confirm or deny this spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 8, 2010 00:22

ThankGod
Amsterdamned

mathijs has an altered ego?

????

"there's nothing bad about Darryl..."

Date: May 8, 2010 00:25

Beelyboy
ThankGod
Amsterdamned

mathijs has an altered ego?

????

"there's nothing bad about Darryl..."

Darryl knows all about altered..smiling smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 8, 2010 00:35

Beelyboy

lol
brilliant

Date: May 8, 2010 00:40

schillid
Beelyboy

lol
brilliant

Very plausible as wellsmiling smiley.

Date: May 8, 2010 00:55

ThankGod
Amsterdamned

Then you are a bad Lawyer as well.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 8, 2010 01:06

Lightnin'
Doxa
I agree. It easy to imagine Jagger wouldn't mind some extra-gossip to surround a new product (and Jagger seemingly seems to be quite serious with the project to work out fine). But as far the reports of Taylor claiming the over-dub sessions actually to have taken place I cannot see it very reasonable to think him to lie. I take that to be quite nasty and arrogant approach toward him.

- Doxa

Exactly. Taylor just would not say that if it wasn't true. And yes, he was referring to recent overdubs.
It certainly doesn't have to take 8-10 months to get a CD ready for release nowadays.
If you have determination, skills and money you can have a brand new CD out in 6 months after studio sessions and this was a reissue that just needed some finishing touches.

Keith is a bit behind on the facts. It might sound strange but that's the way it is - blame Jagger for not giving him an update.

This. ^^^^

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 8, 2010 01:08

kleermaker
Too difficult for me to find that post back. If you can quote it. But you put the blame as for the bad vibe on me only. How would you call that? It's obvious to me. Maybe I should convert myself to Briansmiling smiley.

No I didn't put the blame on you and the last part of your post is ridiculous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-08 01:15 by His Majesty.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 8, 2010 01:10

schillid
with sssoul
TeddyB1018

TeddyB1018

Um, this isn't the same. I'm too impatient to use the preview button. I'd suggest you could just ignore my posts.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: May 8, 2010 01:13

JumpingKentFlash
If neither Was, Jagger or Richards confirmed that Taylor did overdubs, and Taylor said he did, why would people believe Taylor? Is it because people don't like the Stones media machine and just disagrees with it for the sake of it and because it's too spin-doctory, or do they have any hard evidence (your ears don't count) that there actually was a recent session with Taylor doing overdubs?

Agree.

What did Taylor actually say? Did he specify that he did an overdub in 2009/2010? or did he just say he did an overdub on that song, which could have occurred back in the 70s?

J

Date: May 8, 2010 12:28

<Or, of course, Taylor is stating the same crap as he stated when talking about Can't You Hear Me Knocking, that he did the intro with Keith...>

Mathijs

Anybody knows what crap is referred to,and who played the second guitar?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 8, 2010 13:58

Beelyboy

Awesome, Beeleboy!

Honestly, I think the moral of this imagined conversation and also the comments of Keith having problems with his fax-machine (running out of paper, etc) might actually capture the actual truth quite well.

Take a look at the Bockris' Keith book, and the edition that added some current happenings to it. There is quite well described the 'communication breakdown' problems of The Rolling Stones, especially concerning Keith. They just refuse to talk anything (serious), for example, personal relationships, etc. Having an open air of conversation, and things like that, is not the nature of their game, and no belonging to the the work culture of theirs. When they actually decide together to do something (a tour, an album contract, etc.) it is done business-like and quite formally - in many sense of the word (including speaking 'formally', as few words as possible): one of them having the ridiculous result of having those written contracts of any stupid thing (I even believe the story of the contract of Jagger forced to leave the stage while Keith sang "Little t&A" in 1981/82).

That is also the lesson of Bill Wyman's books. Some things just 'happen' without each of them really knowing or being awere of it. It is special kind of power use that is used within The Rolling Stones; the power is not given but taken. If some supposed unjust act is caught - like Brian taking the 5 pound extra - that's a bad luck. Most likely Jagger has nowadays VERY free hands to do whatever he wants without informing the others (or the others have no real power or condition or will to stop him). I think his actual power is even bigger than we usually imagine. If we look all the interviews he has given of the EXILE project he seems to talk of it as solely a business of his own. Keith's contribution is almost totally ignored (has Jagger said anything of it?). It is funny to think this against the old myth according to which EXILE being "Keith's album". (It could be that keeping the "myths" alive is Keith's biggest contribution within The Stones activities these days - and he seem to have quite free hands in it.)

It could be very well the situation that Jagger didn't inform Keith for asking Taylor because... he didn't bother actually. Why to rise unneeded (possible) ego arguments, or whatever. Perhaps nothing new in their accostumed habits to work. Seemingly less Mick and Keith "work" together, less there is trouble...

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-08 14:13 by Doxa.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 8, 2010 15:21

>>Keith's contribution is almost totally ignored (has Jagger said anything of it?)It is funny to think this against the old myth according to which EXILE being "Keith's album".<<

They seem to have agreed to some points, like
"No, we won't touch the original 18 tracks" except remastering - but not re-mixing, which Mick seems to have fancied at one point.

also, "free hands on the unearthed material".

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 8, 2010 16:20

kleermaker
His Majesty
kleermaker
Too difficult for me to find that post back. If you can quote it. But you put the blame as for the bad vibe on me only. How would you call that? It's obvious to me. Maybe I should convert myself to Briansmiling smiley.

No I didn't put the blame on you and the last part of your post is ridiculous.

Then why did I get that impression? I'm not stupid, as you know very well. I asked you for a less enigmatic explanation, but I obviously didn't get it. It could be useful, because I take your words seriously.

The reason why I post this is that I'm sorry if we can't communicate in a useful and agreeable way, because I have the feeling we once did.

Oh snap!

can't ya just cease posting this self-centered stuff around here?
this thread is not about you. stay on topic - will ya!

it's getting tedious!

Date: May 8, 2010 16:28

open-g
>>Keith's contribution is almost totally ignored (has Jagger said anything of it?)It is funny to think this against the old myth according to which EXILE being "Keith's album".<<

They seem to have agreed to some points, like
"No, we won't touch the original 18 tracks" except remastering - but not re-mixing, which Mick seems to have fancied at one point.

also, "free hands on the unearthed material".

Why should they? The old EXILE records are ok to me.
The only conclusion I can take is that the contact between Mick.T and Keith is distant,to say the least,as all the information about overdubs are as contradictory
as possible.

Date: May 8, 2010 17:35

Amsterdamned
ThankGod
Amsterdamned

Then you are a bad Lawyer as well.

I can confirm & deny this.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1343
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home