Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15
Re: Keith says No new MT overdubs!
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 9, 2010 14:24

This has gone on so long that I now don't care if Bon Bloody Jovi did the overdubs..........................OK there are limits ! I hope the album has detailed liner notes or this one will run and run !

sc uk

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 9, 2010 14:46

His Majesty
Amsterdamned
Marginal matter of interpretation from Taylor I think.

Indeed, misleading enough to make some people think Mick Taylor plays Keith's open G dirty guitar part. Doh! confused smiley
Nobody Mick T / Mick J has mentioned which part Mick T has added - so people should stop putting words in Mick T's mounth which he hasn't said.
The only thing we know is that he was in the studio and he added some guitar to PMS.
Neither can we say that Mick T has a big ego - that never was his personality.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 9, 2010 15:13

mtaylor
His Majesty
Amsterdamned
Marginal matter of interpretation from Taylor I think.

Indeed, misleading enough to make some people think Mick Taylor plays Keith's open G dirty guitar part. Doh! confused smiley
Nobody Mick T / Mick J has mentioned which part Mick T has added - so people should stop putting words in Mick T's mounth which he hasn't said.
The only thing we know is that he was in the studio and he added some guitar to PMS.
Neither can we say that Mick T has a big ego - that never was his personality.

The quotes you replied to are about CYHMN. smiling smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 9, 2010 17:41

Ross
That's funny, In Alabama we call the southern part of the state "LA" (Lower Alabama!)

Ross

What's even funnier is I said that already on page 10! Besides, Lower Alabama is much prettier than Los Angeles.

Date: May 9, 2010 17:43

I've got to admit, er, this entire thread has gotten hilarious - it has totally strayed from the subject. It's revealings are amusing to boot.

Date: May 9, 2010 17:46

If the Stones weren't so adept at taking too long to finish something that is easy to finish, for example, mixing, then the albums would come out much sooner. Let It Bleed came out really soon after they finished mixing.

There's really no need for an album to be finished in, for example, November and then released in April of the following year. That's just stupid.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 9, 2010 18:15

skipstone
If the Stones weren't so adept at taking too long to finish something that is easy to finish, for example, mixing, then the albums would come out much sooner. Let It Bleed came out really soon after they finished mixing.

There's really no need for an album to be finished in, for example, November and then released in April of the following year. That's just stupid.

There are many possible reasons for delays in release though. The disagreement with Decca over the Beggars Banquet album being one example.

Mick seems to imply in some interviews from the time that they had an album ready to go in July 1969, but that Decca(again) were against releasing something during that month.

Date: May 9, 2010 19:08

His Majesty
[entertainment.timesonline.co.uk]

Plundered My Soul

Already being played on radio worldwide, another newly completed piece, one of several with new backing vocals by Lisa Fischer and Cindy Mizelle. It features both the original Richards guitar and new lines added by Mick Taylor.

Comments Amsterdamned? And btw, there isn´t a second guitar in the intro of CYHMK, nor does the intro continue after the vocals kick in.

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: May 9, 2010 19:11

(quote) Because the history of the band has proven time and again that rumours and speculation are the best way to get publicity. And publicity gets your albums sold.(unquote)

- Isn't that true. The Stones were the masters in this regard, from - 'Would you let your daughter marry a Rolling Stones' - and all that stuff back in the day. Reminds me of the whole recent Aerosmith 'Tyler quits, Perry rehearsing new singers..Tyler's lawyer threatens Perry with lawsuit,' stuff. The Stones were the originals and Aerosmith the followers int that department, too.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 9, 2010 19:19

DandelionPowderman
His Majesty

Plundered My Soul

Already being played on radio worldwide, another newly completed piece, one of several with new backing vocals by Lisa Fischer and Cindy Mizelle. It features both the original Richards guitar and new lines added by Mick Taylor.

Comments Amsterdamned? And btw, there isn´t a second guitar in the intro of CYHMK, nor does the intro continue after the vocals kick in.

At least Taylor participates,something that some people doubted here.
The intro on cyhmn returns several times,maybe with a bit of variation. I'll give you that one.But the main theme remains.
Thats the reason Taylor made his statement imo,use your ears troubleshooter::

Date: May 9, 2010 20:34

Amsterdamned
DandelionPowderman
His Majesty

Plundered My Soul

The intro on cyhmn returns several times,maybe with a bit of variation. I'll give you that one.But the main theme remains.

The intro never returns, the chorus riff does + a slight variation of a little part of the intro (in between Mick´s vocals) - always with one guitar only (Taylor plays the funky guitar answering Keith on those parts). However, Taylor could have used Keith´s track to fill in a few licks here and there, but that wouldn´t make sense according to his own description of how live the song was recorded.

There was never a doubt in my mind about Taylor playing on PMS, new overdubs or not. But to claim you have proof that Keith didn´t play on the song at all is hilarious, imo. Seems like sources regarding the Stones, inner circle or not, must be taken with a pinch of salt...

Date: May 9, 2010 22:25

DandelionPowderman
Amsterdamned
DandelionPowderman
His Majesty

Plundered My Soul

The intro never returns, the chorus riff does + a slight variation of a little part of the intro (in between Mick´s vocals) - always with one guitar only (Taylor plays the funky guitar answering Keith on those parts). However, Taylor could have used Keith´s track to fill in a few licks here and there, but that wouldn´t make sense according to his own description of how live the song was recorded.

There was never a doubt in my mind about Taylor playing on PMS, new overdubs or not. But to claim you have proof that Keith didn´t play on the song at all is hilarious, imo. Seems like sources regarding the Stones, inner circle or not, must be taken with a pinch of salt...

With a bit of musical fantasy maybe,regarding to cyhmn?
Btw I cannot find myself back quoting "I have the proof Keith didn't which I was told.
On the speculation on this board if Taylor played along on pms I was 100% sure,Many were not.But that's not worth mentioning,isn't it??>grinning smiley<

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: May 9, 2010 22:31

Let's say Taylor played both electric guitars and Jagger the acoustic, were there any guitars at all on the old track?

Date: May 9, 2010 23:46

stones78
Let's say Taylor played both electric guitars and Jagger the acoustic, were there any guitars at all on the old track?

As far as I'am informed Mick J did the lead vocals smiling smiley,And Mick T several rhythm tracks and the noodling ,which gives the song it's genuine Stones flavour.
Maybe Keith's guitar part is just a short loop.I hope the future shines a light on it.

Date: May 10, 2010 00:20

Amsterdamned
I do have the proof that the other guitars are all Taylor

Yeah, you´re right. You have proof that Taylor played the guitar with the licks and the acoustic as well.

Why didn´t you believe that Keith played what seems to be the original open G-guitar track again?

Date: May 10, 2010 00:26

Amsterdamned
stones78

As far as I'am informed Mick J did the lead vocals smiling smiley,And Mick T several rhythm tracks and the noodling ,which gives the song it's genuine Stones flavour.
Maybe Keith's guitar part is just a short loop.I hope the future shines a light on it.

Maybe taylor did "several rhythm tracks". That´s possible indeed. But the tracks didn´t end up audible on the final mix.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 10, 2010 00:28

Amsterdamned
DandelionPowderman
Amsterdamned
DandelionPowderman
His Majesty

Plundered My Soul

Btw I cannot find myself back quoting "I have the proof Keith didn't which I was told.
On the speculation on this board if Taylor played along on pms I was 100% sure,Many were not.But that's not worth mentioning,isn't it??>grinning smiley<

Taylor comes in at :25. There is no second guitar until then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-10 00:29 by 71Tele.

Date: May 10, 2010 00:54

DandelionPowderman
Amsterdamned
I do have the proof that the other guitars are all Taylor

Yeah, you´re right. You have proof that Taylor played the guitar with the licks and the acoustic as well.

Why didn´t you believe that Keith played what seems to be the original open G-guitar track again?

That's a fair question.I wonder what Keith share actually was, and what's left of his part as Keith played on pms for 38 years ago..Take away the A major and B-minor distorted part,and there is still a lot of guitar left,.. . I just want to add info on the subject,not only for myself,but for everybody on this board.. I hope to get more detailed info on the subject in the near future.Taylors share on pms is bigger than stated by several people here. And I refuse to be put away as a liar.

Date: May 10, 2010 01:01

<Taylor comes in at :25. There is no second guitar until then.>

So what? Keith part after :25 sound very simular ...matter of interpretation. To put Taylors remark away as crap is not a very musical approach to me ..

Date: May 10, 2010 01:06

71Tele
Amsterdamned
DandelionPowderman
Amsterdamned
DandelionPowderman
His Majesty

Plundered My Soul

Taylor comes in at :25. There is no second guitar until then.

the great thing is that the entire opening riff never re-appears, which makes it stand out even more, they did that with Brown Sugar as well. the chorus riff sounds like they re-worked it some and used it again on If You Can't Rock Me (a song which instead of any variation just features the same riff played ad infinitum-aother sign sign of the stones declining inspiration around that time).

Date: May 10, 2010 01:18

Amsterdamned

So what? Keith part after :25 sound very simular ...matter of interpretation. To put Taylors remark away as crap is not a very musical approach to me ..

It's only important if one thinks there is a 2nd guitar on the intro. There isn't.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 10, 2010 01:19

Amsterdamned
stones78

I don't hear Keith in or on this song at all.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: May 10, 2010 01:43

swiss
Amsterdamned
stones78

is your left speaker broken?

Date: May 10, 2010 02:00

I am just curious as to why there is still any controversy about guitars on PMS? We know there's Taylor, it's KR's trademark rhythm style. The only thing in question would seem to be whether the acoustic is Richards or Jagger. Plus, we have credits on the record!

Date: May 10, 2010 06:11

No Taylor in the intro of Can't You Hear Me Knocking, that's a fact.

I'm at a loss about Plundered though. It's so...goofy sounding overall...it still sounds like Keith to me but not in open G.

Date: May 10, 2010 07:31

skipstone
No Taylor in the intro of Can't You Hear Me Knocking, that's a fact.

I'm at a loss about Plundered though. It's so...goofy sounding overall...it still sounds like Keith to me but not in open G.

You really don't hear open G in it? Sounds similar to open G guitar on "Tumbling Dice" to me.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 10, 2010 08:46

Ket
swiss
Amsterdamned
stones78

is your left speaker broken?

You're right; thanks.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 10, 2010 09:46

straycatuk
This has gone on so long that I now don't care if Bon Bloody Jovi did the overdubs..........................

bingo.
i THOUGHT i heard Sambora on the Right speaker, not hard right but sorta mid right.
dang....NO WONDER THEY DON"T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW THE REAL STORY!!!!!

Date: May 10, 2010 10:10

Amsterdamned

When Taylor states that he played on the intro, it sounds like crap to me, when he obviously doesn't play. If he recorded the intro with Keith, or played on it on rehearsals is another matter. Most likely he did, but not on the final track.

Date: May 10, 2010 11:58

swiss
Amsterdamned
stones78

Can you explain why not? An interesting opinion to me.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1409
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home