Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11
Re: Daily Mail - NO Stones tour for 2010- official stones statement
Posted by: starstar74 ()
Date: January 5, 2010 05:11

This story is complete and utter NONSENSE! Since when do the Stones come out and say they are NOT touring?!?! NEVER! The only announcements they make is when they ARE ready to tour. I still think they'll be on the road this year.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 5, 2010 05:13

BV said so. And BV has inside info. REmeber when BV said she Was Hot would debut in chicago. who was right?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 5, 2010 05:25

starstar74
This story is complete and utter NONSENSE! Since when do the Stones come out and say they are NOT touring?!?!

1983? 1986? 1996? 2001?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 5, 2010 05:43

J.J.Flash
BV said so. And BV has inside info. REmeber when BV said she Was Hot would debut in chicago. who was right?
He'll confirm by the end of the week. He's always the last to confirm anything. Espcially if it's negative.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: January 5, 2010 06:00

StonesTod
assuming the story is credible, i think the ronnie issue is a convenient excuse, as i don't even think he represents the biggest liability for this act...

i tend to agree on instinct. i think were mick and keith ready and really willing that ron wood, one way or the other, however...would not have made the difference...we'll never know for sure but one monkey don't stop no show and mick friggin' barnum knows this. imo.
if it were one of the three orignals however...that would stop it, and should.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-05 06:00 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 5, 2010 06:04

Beelyboy
one monkey don't stop no show

Great song by the Animals

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: January 5, 2010 06:05

oh yeh Dude...i am so INTO the first several Animal albums...we've talked of this i theenk...Maudie BLOWS me away...hooker's hit of the previous year totally WIPED out by this incredible jump and shout magnetic version....their hooker covers awesome awesome awesome...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-05 06:06 by Beelyboy.

Date: January 5, 2010 06:08

Beelyboy
oh yeh Dude...i am so INTO the first several Animal albums...we've talked of this i theenk...Maudie BLOWS me away...hooker's hit of the previous year totally WIPED out by this incredible jump and shout magnetic version....their hooker covers awesome awesome awesome...

Totally with youthumbs upcool smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 5, 2010 06:35

Stones should use Daily Mail as their place to say they are not touring !!!!
And no other newspaper should get the news?

Date: January 5, 2010 06:51

Agree that Ronnie is an excuse not the reason.. anyways I doubt the Stones will say "we are not touring cause of Ronnie" so its not even an excuse

the reason they are not touring is more probably that keith/mick aren't full into it and part of the reason mick isn't into it is the money isn't there.. not on the scale they want on what will likely be their last tour.. i think they are looking for a two-three year finale type tour with new album... we're talking huge money and in this economy -without the benefit of another year for people to get more interested and with bad headlines regarding ronnie- its not the right time.

i'm sure they're interested in playing the biggest venues possible.. they've seen what U2 has done this year with the claw playing stadiums in the US etc.. they're not going to go out playing arenas... they want to blow it out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-05 06:54 by stoned in washington dc.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 5, 2010 07:04

On the last jaunt through the US tickets on first two sections on the field were between $400 and $450 face price. Add $100 if you bought through the fan club. No way anyone can pay anywhere near those prices in 2010.

I wish that they would just forget about the huge tours, get rid of the horns, the outrageous stage and the expensive lighting, strip down and play arenas - they've already proven how many people they can draw and how much money they can make. Paul McCartney set up his 2009 concerts very quickly. The drawbacks are that he goes with a very simple stage set up (no elaborate props, no b-stage), and he plays basically the same numbers that he's been playing for the past few years.

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: January 5, 2010 07:09

They're not going to tour. They were never planning to tour. BV heard they were. Yeah, yeah, yeah. People hear a lot of things. It ain't happening.

Date: January 5, 2010 07:10

drbryant
On the last jaunt through the US tickets on first two sections on the field were between $400 and $450 face price. Add $100 if you bought through the fan club. No way anyone can pay anywhere near those prices in 2010.

I wish that they would just forget about the huge tours, get rid of the horns, the outrageous stage and the expensive lighting, strip down and play arenas - they've already proven how many people they can draw and how much money they can make. Paul McCartney set up his 2009 concerts very quickly. The drawbacks are that he goes with a very simple stage set up (no elaborate props, no b-stage), and he plays basically the same numbers that he's been playing for the past few years.

Agree 100%.

Date: January 5, 2010 07:14

Lets also not forget that its not just about the individuals being able to afford tickets in the US.. Corporations/sponsors etc are just not going to plunk down huge money for a new Stones tour..

I think Mick is guessing the US recession is just too deep right now.. even if things turn around its now going to take most of 2010.....

THAT is why they are not touring.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: January 5, 2010 07:15

To me just noticed entire decade went by and just one new album. Pretty pathetic. Let alone no solo stuff since GITD. They need to get off their asses and do something. Keith saying in Rolling Stone last fall they were getting togehter is most credible of late. Let's go.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 5, 2010 07:34

BluzDude
Beelyboy

the joe tex original ain't too bad, neither

Date: January 5, 2010 07:36

StonesTod
BluzDude
Beelyboy

the joe tex original ain't too bad, neither

ah, Joe Tex, the guy who don't wanna bump with no big fat woman, he likes those skinny legs and all!

Date: January 5, 2010 07:41

Charlie laid the law down prior to the ABB tour. One last go around the world and that's it. No more. I have my sources too.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: January 5, 2010 07:57

its most probably a combination of reasons, although its also standard stones practice to deny all knowledge of a tour until theyre ready

OLDKR

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 5, 2010 08:00

oldkr
its most probably a combination of reasons, although its also standard stones practice to deny all knowledge of a tour until theyre ready

OLDKR

really? i've never seen them put something officially out in the press denying a tour. and i've been around awhile....

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 5, 2010 08:08

Poor Eric Clapton winking smiley

Date: January 5, 2010 08:42

Ever get the feeling you're talking to the wall?

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: January 5, 2010 09:21

if they're not touring this yr, i doubt they'll ever tour again. at least not in the grand scale we're used to in the past. the guys are close to 70 yrs old

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 5, 2010 09:28

the more i think about it, i am OK if they call it quits and bow out gracefully.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 5, 2010 09:30

1. Ronnie's a hopeless drunk
2. Keith can't play
3. Charlie does not want to tour
4. Stadiums were not selling out on the last legs of the last tour

What about "they shouldn't tour" don't we understand here?

Now, if they do some alternate kinds of performances - great. But I think we've seen the last of the 90s-style world tours, and I don't think it's a bad thing.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 5, 2010 09:47

Maybe they don't have enough decent quality new material for a tour. They certainly wouldn't tour on the back of the Exile re-release. If they hold back any longer all we're going to get is the sit down unplugged tour - which might not be a bad thing.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: January 5, 2010 09:49

Gazza
Quite unprecedented for them to actually make a statement that they WONT be touring. Not hard to see what prompted it, unfortunately.

"At the moment" suggests plans are still subject to change.

I guess recent events have totally scuppered what must have already been a tight schedule.

Cheers, Ronnie.

They'd probably find it hard/impossible to get tour insurance with Ronnie falling off the wagon ...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 5, 2010 10:16

The reason why the Stones does not announce any shows or tours until last minute is simply because then they can change their plans without having to cancel anything. How can you cancel a tour that never got announced?

If someone have too many alcohol units per day or get the head injured by falling from a coconut tree or fall from a ladder or have problems with the voice or another major tour is on or a sponsor want them to tour another year or many other reasons then they might choose to change their plans. At any time.

Some people seem to think I am publishing some sort of 100% correct rumours at all times. Well a rumour is always a rumour and a plan is always a plan - until you change plans. The Stones have the great privilege of being able to change their plans at all times, unlike artists who tour non-stop because they are broke or because that is the only life they have.

Bjornulf

no tour
Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: January 5, 2010 10:13

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: January 5, 2010 10:21

We'll see if this announcement's true or just another PR gag to gather interest in the band, which has decreased throughout the last years.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home