Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: Daily Mail - NO Stones tour for 2010- official stones statement
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 5, 2010 22:56

I said in some ways

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 5, 2010 22:57

ryanpow
I said in some ways

And I said Yeah spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Gazza ()

We're just yankin' yer chain, Ryan. In a non-aggressive way.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()

do you really think the stones would issue a press release saying "yes, we have plans to tour but they are not finalized, we're working on it, so everybody just cool out!"?? of course not. hence the no plans AT THIS MOMENT statement. Pollstar is just picking up a generic news release, just like every other newspaper and blog and music site. so if other organizations like Rolling Stone or Entertainment Weekly or whatever are talking about the Stones, it's just merely a rehashing of the press release not an "inside scoop".

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 5, 2010 22:59

Gazza
We're just yankin' yer chain, Ryan. In a non-aggressive way.

Okay as long as we respect each others personal boundaries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-05 23:00 by ryanpow.

Posted by: monkeymark ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:02

I know what the NME write has to be taken with a pinch of salt but I'm pleased with their line that 'Exile on Main Street is being re-released in May with a host of unreleased songs including Plunder my Soul,Following the River & Sophia Loren.

Means the people who were upset earlier this week at the mention of these tracks in Uncut might now wait until we get some real news before thay start moaning that there are only 3 unknown tracks on the re-release.....

Date: January 5, 2010 23:14

Good point...missed that bit in all the excitement!

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:16

mtaylor
Gazza, now you become even more agressiv, frustrated. Acting like that you should go to your site and insult people, not here.
It is not me being frustrated - it is you getting upset, because I don't fall down on my knee and accept what you are saying.
My english is fairly good and I can understand "not at the moment" as being "not at the moment".
That's a normal term in business language when things are uncertatin and you want to deny a rumour.
That happens quite often: - in football clubs denying sales of a football player, in a company denying things going bad, laying off people.
Even so, things quite often change right after, players being sold, companies going bankrupt - that you also know.
If Mick Jagger doesn't know if he has finance / insurance backing up for a tour, if he doesn't know if has a guitar player - then there is still a long way to go, and therefore "no tour at the moment". But could still be in 2010.

...so if Mick Jagger were to say that green paint was green, would he really be trying to tell us that it was in fact blue?

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:17

Physically are the guys prepared to tour? NO. Especially both guitar players. I would like a new album before they hit the road. If they just tour to tour that would not sit well with me. All their past four tours had a theme to them. I will not spend $$$ just to hear Warhorses. You have Rocks Off for that. Age is catching up to them. It is sad because it means we are getting older too.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:30

The Stones have issued an official announcement that their will be no more official announcements about their official announcment. That's just a rumour though.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:34

They're old men. Why don't you just let them age gracefully instead of trying to reach euphoric recall by having them shuffle out onstage and disappoint?

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:34

For once the Daily Mail get it right as -

01/05/2010 11:34 AM
Fran Curtis just confirmed for me that this is indeed the band's official statement as of now:

'' Following recent UK media speculation, The Rolling Stones would like to make it
clear, there are no plans at the moment for the band to tour in 2010.''

This official statement is suggestive that there is problems within the Stones camp which will not justify a new tour.
Whether that is just Ronnie Wood's insurance or lack of financial funding by others to start a tour roll again we will never know.
There does appear to be a lack of harmony amongst the band members and it will take something very special to drag them all together for another tour.
I for one have suspected since end of Bigger bang that that was the finally but i hope that i am wrong.
Age is against them plus continual overall downward spiral performance wise on stage by the key members has been a major concern.
Perhaps this is the correct time to stop live shows and be remembered as the greatest live band of the last before the critics who are waiting to pounce destroy the legacy.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:47

Doxa
I think that is one of the reasons why the band has not come up with anything really memorable for some 20 years.
- Doxa

A Bigger Bang was voted the best tour ever by thousands of fans on IORR. I think that says it all. Thousands, in fact millions, are just waiting for the Stones to tour again.

Bjornulf

Date: January 5, 2010 23:51

And just for the record... The Stones are in fact working on booking venues for their next tour. I know. I just don't have the dates now. It might be this year, it might be later. All I know is they work on it, and they do have stuff canned. No worries.

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:56

bv
And just for the record... The Stones are in fact working on booking venues for their next tour. I know. I just don't have the dates now. It might be this year, it might be later. All I know is they work on it, and they do have stuff canned. No worries.

Cheers Bjornulf, a very timely intervention, and thanks for the snippet of news. So possibly not quite the doom n' gloom scenario some of us are kicking around ... myself included I hasten to add ?

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:58

A Bigger Bang, the best stonestour ever.- Aha.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:58

bv

No worries it is! smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: January 5, 2010 23:59

bv

thumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 6, 2010 00:02

Gazza
bv

thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 6, 2010 00:27

bv
Doxa
I think that is one of the reasons why the band has not come up with anything really memorable for some 20 years.
- Doxa

A Bigger Bang was voted the best tour ever by thousands of fans on IORR. I think that says it all. Thousands, in fact millions, are just waiting for the Stones to tour again.

Aah, I have never claimed that IORR is very democratic place by nature... but I won't go arguing that point any further... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: January 6, 2010 00:32

Someone claimed a tour in 2008, someone claimed a tour in 2009 and now someone has claimed a tour in 2010.
I havn't believed any of the rumours.
Has everyone forgotten all the bda things they wrote about Keith during the European tour last time?
It's not getting easier for them to deliver as time passes. Maybe they can, maybe they can't.
I would love another tour, but if they don't get on the road by 2011, we must recognise, that it's all over.

Posted by: Back Of My Palm ()
Date: January 6, 2010 00:33

Thanks, Bv. Thus start saving again. smiling smiley

Date: January 6, 2010 00:34

The Rolling Stones Poll 2008 by IORR has been running during the last week of August 2008. More than 6,000 people on IORR have been voting for their favorite albums, songs, tours and more. These are the results of the poll.

Most popular Rolling Stones tours
---------------------------------
1 A Bigger Bang 2005-2007 18%
2 Licks 2002-2003 15%
3 Voodoo Lounge 1994-1995 11%

For the complete poll:

The Rolling Stones Poll 2008 by IORR
[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 6, 2010 00:35

bv

sounds good to me, i feel much better now than i did yesterday at this time

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: January 6, 2010 00:37

Gazza
DeliveranceStraightwayHoliness
I don't think that Ronnie can be to blame. If the Stones really had in my mind to tour, there is just no way that Ron Wood's little escapades would have mattered to that monster juggernaut.

The Stones WERE planning a tour.

You seriously think Ronnie's antics haven't created some problems?

Yes, they WERE planning a tour. But I guess they really want Ronnie to be a part of it, and imagining him passing a medical now, (or else there's no way they could get an insurance for the tour - and without one, it's impossible to go on the road!) would be quite naïve.
I think we'll soon hear news about Ronnie checking in at a rehab clinic. And we'll just have to wait a few months and see how things develope. If rehab's a success, well - just think about it! Then they're ready, and a lot of the planning's already been done. It's not like they'll have to start from scratch.
Anyway - Good luck to Ronnie. Good health!

Date: January 6, 2010 00:38

svendborg
Someone claimed a tour in 2008, someone claimed a tour in 2009 and now someone has claimed a tour in 2010.
I havn't believed any of the rumours.

In fairness, thats only really noteworthy had they all been spread by the same person.

There have been plenty of occasions down the years where the Stones have made tentative plans to tour (or extend tours) but for one reason or another they didnt happen. As bv said earlier, plans are always subject to change.

They had some plans to tour in '79, '86, '96, '04 and '08. None of them happened, but that doesnt necessarily mean they werent ever under consideration. There were absolutely plans to tour in 2010. And those plans weren't merely tentative or speculation.

Date: January 6, 2010 00:39

Addicted
Gazza
DeliveranceStraightwayHoliness
I don't think that Ronnie can be to blame. If the Stones really had in my mind to tour, there is just no way that Ron Wood's little escapades would have mattered to that monster juggernaut.

The Stones WERE planning a tour.

You seriously think Ronnie's antics haven't created some problems?

Yes, they WERE planning a tour. But I guess they really want Ronnie to be a part of it, and imagining him passing a medical now, (or else there's no way they could get an insurance for the tour - and without one, it's impossible to go on the road!) would be quite naïve.
I think we'll soon hear news about Ronnie checking in at a rehab clinic. And we'll just have to wait a few months and see how things develope. If rehab's a success, well - just think about it! Then they're ready, and a lot of the planning's already been done. It's not like they'll have to start from scratch.
Anyway - Good luck to Ronnie. Good health!

Absolutely spot-on on all counts.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: January 6, 2010 00:43

I dont believe a WORD nothing stated over here [www.rollingstones.com]
Same rumours tour,
tired....
Carlitos

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 6, 2010 00:43

bv
The Rolling Stones Poll 2008 by IORR has been running during the last week of August 2008. More than 6,000 people on IORR have been voting for their favorite albums, songs, tours and more. These are the results of the poll.

Most popular Rolling Stones tours
---------------------------------
1 A Bigger Bang 2005-2007 18%
2 Licks 2002-2003 15%
3 Voodoo Lounge 1994-1995 11%

For the complete poll:

The Rolling Stones Poll 2008 by IORR
[www.iorr.org]

Were are the most Rolling Stones fans ......not bad for The Netherlands with only 16.000.000 mil peolple

1 USA 32%
1 Germany 11%
1 Netherlands 7%
1 Great Britain 7%
1 Sweden 5%
1 France 5%
1 Canada 4%
1 Norway 3%
1 Italy 3%
1 Spain 2%

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 6, 2010 00:47

As a veteran of 101 Stones shows. I had more fun and excitment during The Bigger Bang tour than any of the other ones. can't wait for the next tour.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home