Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: Daily Mail - NO Stones tour for 2010- official stones statement
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 6, 2010 00:49

carlitosbaez
I dont believe a WORD nothing stated over here [www.rollingstones.com]
Same rumours tour,
tired....
Carlitos

lol

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 6, 2010 00:50

Gazza
carlitosbaez
Same rumours tour,
tired....
Carlitos

lol

Maybe they don't know!! lol

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: January 6, 2010 00:51

bv
Doxa
I think that is one of the reasons why the band has not come up with anything really memorable for some 20 years.
- Doxa

A Bigger Bang was voted the best tour ever by thousands of fans on IORR. I think that says it all. Thousands, in fact millions, are just waiting for the Stones to tour again.

i'm sure that they'll sell tickets when and if they do whatever live.
no doubt.
There were some fine moments in last tour among a multitude of now plainly overt musical difficulties...disappointing to many; and a thrill to 'modern fans' per se...like a historical event, something bigger than the music itself. something of history to own and say 'i was there' 'i rocked w the stones'... not the consistency or committment of days gone by everyone pretty much knows...
...also those 'voters' were probably NOT around for tours in '69, 70, 72-73, 75, 78, 81. That's almost thirty years ago...what's the demographics on the voters and all us members...there was a post on our general ages here anyway....

so mebbe they get the experience of more modern releases and tours more viscerally than some of the classiest classic stuff long heralded as absolutely visionary brilliant and charmingly well executed w passion and intent...sorta...u know? just kinda responding to the back and forth here.

Date: January 6, 2010 00:58

More Hot Rocks
Gazza
carlitosbaez
Same rumours tour,
tired....
Carlitos

lol

I'm assuming that Carlitos was joking. At least I hope he was.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 6, 2010 01:01

Beelyboy, I became a fan in 1990, so I did not attend the tours before, but there are many recordings from 89-99 that I prefer to all recordings from 81, 75 and so on.The Stones played some of their best shows ever in that decade. Of course you are right that the decline became totally obvious during the ABB tour.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 6, 2010 01:27

svendborg
Someone claimed a tour in 2008, someone claimed a tour in 2009 and now someone has claimed a tour in 2010.

Yeah, that was the Kinder Egg Tour! 3 surprises in one smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 6, 2010 01:33

this is all nonsense. I know (insider info) that they will TOUR in 2010!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 6, 2010 02:08

"this is all nonsense. I know (insider info) that they will TOUR in 2010!"

Let me guess? With MT in tow??

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: January 6, 2010 02:09

mickijaggeroo

Yeah, that was the Kinder Egg Tour! 3 surprises in one smiling smiley[/quote]

LOL :-)

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 6, 2010 02:20

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 6, 2010 02:42

bv
And just for the record... The Stones are in fact working on booking venues for their next tour. I know. I just don't have the dates now. It might be this year, it might be later. All I know is they work on it, and they do have stuff canned. No worries.

That says it all for me! Take it from the MAN that knows...THX BV!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-07 04:16 by No Expectations.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: January 6, 2010 03:23

If some people and not the least, wrote there's a STONES 'Tour on 2010, I could believe it!
The question is what kind of Tour ?

If it's another Bigger Bang Stadium Tour (Sorry I missed the IORR's Poll), I am not really getting excited confused smiley and I really don't know if i will buy my Ticket,
if it turns into a Club Tour of course Count me in!

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-06 03:27 by Honestman.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: January 6, 2010 03:50

Jajajajaajajajaajaj, people get nervous...

Gazza
More Hot Rocks
Gazza
carlitosbaez
Same rumours tour,
tired....
Carlitos

lol

I'm assuming that Carlitos was joking. At least I hope he was.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 6, 2010 04:11

Gazza
svendborg
Someone claimed a tour in 2008, someone claimed a tour in 2009 and now someone has claimed a tour in 2010.
I havn't believed any of the rumours.

In fairness, thats only really noteworthy had they all been spread by the same person.

There have been plenty of occasions down the years where the Stones have made tentative plans to tour (or extend tours) but for one reason or another they didnt happen. As bv said earlier, plans are always subject to change.

They had some plans to tour in '79, '86, '96, '04 and '08. None of them happened, but that doesnt necessarily mean they werent ever under consideration. There were absolutely plans to tour in 2010. And those plans weren't merely tentative or speculation.

true - but they're as old as sin now and there's no indication that keith can even hold a guitar anymore, much less play it. somebody got any evidence to the contrary? seriously...i think it's the big elephant in the room that nobody's acknowledging....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-06 04:13 by StonesTod.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 6, 2010 04:42

As well as 1984 there were plans to tour.

Date: January 6, 2010 05:01

Thing is they are quite old now and if they dont' tour til 2011 you're talking about four years.. thats a long time to be off the road when you're old men with issues like arthritis.. then again I don't know if arthritis improves with use of hands on guitar or gets worse..

I mean the last time they went this long was 1981-1989 so over twenty years ago unless I'm mistaken...so there's bound to be concern about whether they have it in them to get back out on the road.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-06 05:03 by stoned in washington dc.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 6, 2010 05:35

still have a good feeling about this year, something tells me it will still happen

Posted by: kath51 ()
Date: January 6, 2010 06:19

well, i sorta thought it too good to be true, truthfully. i think they may someday play a few small gigs, but i think the touring days are over. keith's headaches, ronnie's penis/drinking/drug problems. they guys are getting old.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: January 6, 2010 06:46

if they delay til 2011 they can close the olympics without having been on the road for years on end

OLDKR

Posted by: backstage ()
Date: January 6, 2010 07:34

.....face it,,,, there done touring, the last one call'd, 'a bigger bang' where they didnt even play bang songs, it was the same old crap that people have seen to many times... there stage presence these days isnt what got them to be what at one time they had become........... digest it with grace......

Posted by: Strike ()
Date: January 6, 2010 09:04

Hope backstage is right. I can`t stand to see these old guys that once were the rolling stones try to play songs of the rolling stones.BTW if you really believe a bigger bang was the best stones tour ever, it must be the only one you attended or you´re deaf and blind...

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 6, 2010 09:32

Strike
Hope backstage is right. I can`t stand to see these old guys that once were the rolling stones try to play songs of the rolling stones.BTW if you really believe a bigger bang was the best stones tour ever, it must be the only one you attended or you´re deaf and blind...

I might be deaf and blind, but besides the Licks Tour the last one Bigger Bang had the most variety on songs. You must have been sleeping in 81/82 or 75/76 or 73/72.

If people don't like what the Stones did in the last decade they just should leave out anyway. Why dreaming of concerts where we had echos and pull backs and a sound were once barely identified the song they just played on stage.
Be modest with yourself and look in the mirror. Times have also changed you and your life and if you don't get that then you're out of time babe.

Date: January 6, 2010 12:47

stoned in washington dc
Thing is they are quite old now and if they dont' tour til 2011 you're talking about four years.. thats a long time to be off the road when you're old men with issues like arthritis.. then again I don't know if arthritis improves with use of hands on guitar or gets worse..

I mean the last time they went this long was 1981-1989 so over twenty years ago unless I'm mistaken...so there's bound to be concern about whether they have it in them to get back out on the road.

The gap between the end of Steel Wheels and the start of the Voodoo Lounge tour was a few weeks short of four years.

You're right though, a 4 year gap at this stage is way too long - especially as they havent been active in between (unlike 1990-94)

However, I dont think we're necessarily looking at a year's delay here. They could quite conceivably just be needing a few months and be touring again earlier in 2011 (maybe spring) than the time of year that they usually start (Aug/Sept).

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 6, 2010 12:58

Honestman

If it's another Bigger Bang Stadium Tour (Sorry I missed the IORR's Poll), I am not really getting excited confused smiley and I really don't know if i will buy my Ticket,
if it turns into a Club Tour of course Count me in!

I get what you mean ,I won't be either excited THAT much with another stadium show ,with the same songs again & again.
BUT I am pretty sure the old same excitement will come back as soon as I will reach the stadium ....C'est grave Docteur ?winking smiley

Don't forget another important point :when you talk about small venues ,do you remember what I told you about how and why I've missed the Olympia last time ?
It must be very difficult to get tickets for clubs ...

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 6, 2010 13:08

oldkr
if they delay til 2011 they can close the olympics without having been on the road for years on end

OLDKR

Agree, and I'm sure they'd be factoring that into their thinking and planning.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: January 6, 2010 16:32

Grison

I might be deaf and blind, but besides the Licks Tour the last one Bigger Bang had the most variety on songs. You must have been sleeping in 81/82 or 75/76 or 73/72.

You're right about the variety of songs but then it was also their longest tour at 145(ish) shows. Ignoring comletely whether the songs were well played or not a big difference between now and the 70s and 80s is how many shows the core fanbase go to. Hardly anyone even went to multiple shows in their own country let alone travelled abroad on tours in the 70s. Almost everyone stuck to a particular setlist throughout a tour in those days and it was expected. Now it isn't. People expect some variation. If you take the three night O2 residency for example, we all knew by then that the last 12 (out of 19) songs were not going to vary but to get Rough Justice three times and You Got Me Rocking twice was truly disappointing. Why not ONNYA for the token Bigger Bang song, (not to mention something they had NEVER played such as She Saw Me Coming?) How about throwing in Gimme Shelter or something else that people really wanted to hear? And there was far more variation from one tour to the next back in the 70s. You are absolutely entitled to say don't go to more than one show then and it is a conclusion I have come to myself.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: January 6, 2010 17:16

Thanks to RW this has happened. Rehersals will take far longer
with a new guitarist. So his wife is not the only one miffed.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 6, 2010 17:58

rebelrebel
Grison

You're right about the variety of songs but then it was also their longest tour at 145(ish) shows. Ignoring comletely whether the songs were well played or not a big difference between now and the 70s and 80s is how many shows the core fanbase go to. Hardly anyone even went to multiple shows in their own country let alone travelled abroad on tours in the 70s. Almost everyone stuck to a particular setlist throughout a tour in those days and it was expected. Now it isn't. People expect some variation. If you take the three night O2 residency for example, we all knew by then that the last 12 (out of 19) songs were not going to vary but to get Rough Justice three times and You Got Me Rocking twice was truly disappointing. Why not ONNYA for the token Bigger Bang song, (not to mention something they had NEVER played such as She Saw Me Coming?) How about throwing in Gimme Shelter or something else that people really wanted to hear? And there was far more variation from one tour to the next back in the 70s. You are absolutely entitled to say don't go to more than one show then and it is a conclusion I have come to myself.

I follow the Stones since 73 and every Tour had peak shows. No matter whether the songs vary or not. I do agree. And they did more different songs at the beginning of most of the tours. This is why I always envied the North American fellows. Anyway we could go on to this. For me every concert I saw also on the bigger bang tour was a highlight even if they didn't peak, Mind you I would be happy to be in such a good shape.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 6, 2010 18:03

GUARANTEE they WILL tour in 2010!!!!

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: January 6, 2010 19:13

Ron Wood is the minor problem i reckon. Keith can hardly play anymore, and Charlie is also only playing one and the same beat with every song. The core of the band has been for years now are really Mick Jagger and his back-up musicians Darryl, Chuck, Bernard etc. And they're doing very well, nothing wrong with that. It's just time to admit it and take some drastic measures for a last farwell album and grand farwell tour in an unusual line-up meaning make Darryl Jones after almost 20 yrs of loyal service an official Stone and replace Keith by Taylor and take a guest drummer, with this line-up you have Mick jagger, Mick Taylor, Ron Wood and Darryl Jones (filled up with the other back-up musicians) put Darryl's bass louder and more to the forground let him play the lead and play the way he can. Let Darryl and Fowler and Leavell compose some tunes together with Taylor. Ofcourse Keith wouldn't want them to play any of his compositions, no problem. If their last album is surprisingly good they can play those new songs and ofcourse all the covers they've played throughout their years (but ofcourse not in the old Stones versions, keith will complain but It's All Over Now inthe original Womack version etc) Wood can sing Cherry oh Baby followed by Taylors rendition of You Gotta Move instead of Keith's two songs.
And whoever says this line-up isn't the Stones well; Jagger 48 yrs of Stones history, Wood 35 yrs, Darryl 18 yrs and Taylor 5 yrs, that's more than a century of Stones history shared by only these 4 guys if that's not the Rolling Stones... But ofcourse the Stones without Keith? Well that's why this will be a line-up with adjusted playlists only for one last farewell (huge) tour and album. i think Darryl will surprise us all with his skills and to stop with a big surprise is more befitting than to slowly die out like a candle.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home