Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: Daily Mail - NO Stones tour for 2010- official stones statement
Posted by: behroez ()
Date: January 7, 2010 13:59

Look there is this threat going on on this site right now about Keith's inability to play guitar anymore. That's one thing, than there is this threat here about when you first heard the Stones, which is an interresting read because everyone is talking about the Stones in the 60's or 70's. There is only one exception, one person saw and heard the Stones for the first time in the 80's with She Was Hot, and to this very day Undercover is his favorite album. But even that album is allready 27 yrs old!!!!! Where are the young ones saying, "man i heard a Bigger Bang and wham that was it"??? Clearly something is "Out of Time". Why shouldn't the Stones get rid of the shackle that once made the Stones great but now has become a burdon. Pink Floyd did it and they got critisised for it untill they delivered BIG in their new line-up, and all the critics were silenced (people forget quickly). It is time for Jagger to undertake a similair operation, and make a good funky Stones album that will attrack a whole army of new young fans that (for a change) prefer their last album over the old stuff. And that is only possible in a new fresh line-up and a new "style". Start thinking out of your 1960's/70's box.

Posted by: Back Of My Palm ()
Date: January 7, 2010 14:04

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr... What are ya sayin' here, behroez?
Firin' Keef Effin' Richards from the Stones.... ?

Troll?

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: January 7, 2010 15:43

I just came to think about one thing..
this is just a regular "fan-that-never-stops-to-believe-speculation":
Why would the Stones go out official with that there are no plans for a 2010 tour, when there are no official words that have said that theyre going to. Theres been a hell lot of rumours and maybe they are "afraid" that with all rumours, the tour will not be a suprise or that they feel a lot of preassure on them self so they want to relax, finnish new matereal etc before they are planning the tour. I have never ever noticed that the stones goes out to the media and tells that >rumour< wont happen. I dont know really, but we all remember Ronnie said to the press when his girl told some friends about a tour, that he told us that shes not supose to talk about things that arent really clear yet, so now with Ronnie and all his alcoproblems maybe they want to push it up and just say to everyone that there will be no tour instead of saying: Ronnie is an alcoholic, we will tour when his fine.

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 7, 2010 16:03

At this point, every day, week, month or year that they don't perform makes it all the more likely that they never will. Hell, Charlie would be 70 if they returned next year and Keith's arthritis isn't getting any better I'm sure. No one would love to see them return more than me but I don't think a "world tour," in the traditional sense, is in the cards anymore. I'm hoping they'll stage residencies in arenas around the world. You know, five nights in Paris, London, NYC, Chicago, Las Vegas, etc. Their audience is for the most part, well-heeled enough to make a Stones show a point of destination. Many of us do so already.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: January 7, 2010 16:46

"no plans at the moment to tour in 2010" can mean a lot or nothing.
And honestly, I don't care a lot anymore, after the 2007 concerts I felt i was ok with them; I really wanted to see them after the Fiji accident and i saw them 6-7 times, but after that i had the feeling that the circle was closed , someway.
Of course if they will tour again i will go again to see them, but i don't have this pressure anymore.
But please, let's don't write anymore about touring according the economical situation. U2, Springsteen, AC_DC, Dave Matthews and many others filled stadiums and arenas in times of very bad economy. if you have something to tell and to communicate, people understand and spend money.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 7, 2010 17:47

Pelle
only the most true fans hopes for more tours, albums and support them 110% even how bad it sounds!! hahaaaarrrggghh!!!

really? i thought it was only the most deaf fans...my bad....

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 7, 2010 19:25

T&A
Pelle
only the most true fans hopes for more tours, albums and support them 110% even how bad it sounds!! hahaaaarrrggghh!!!

really? i thought it was only the most deaf fans...my bad....
you are on fire today ole buddy .good one !

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: January 7, 2010 19:31

71Tele
mickscarey
I cannot tell you as then I would be "out" of the inner circle

OK, Mr. Inner Circle: If they are "locked in" for 2010, why did they issue a statement saying they have "no plans" to tour in 2010?

Big claims require big proof.
his source is paul mccartney. but mickscary doesn't want to reveal the fact that he is his friend because it would totally go against his "beetles suck" mentality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-07 19:33 by bernardanderson.

Date: January 7, 2010 19:37

andrea66
But please, let's don't write anymore about touring according the economical situation. U2, Springsteen, AC_DC, Dave Matthews and many others filled stadiums and arenas in times of very bad economy. if you have something to tell and to communicate, people understand and spend money.

Don't know about Dave Matthews, i wouldn't go to see him even if he paid me, but all the bands or artists you name sell tickets at reasonnable prices. This is the difference.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 7, 2010 19:53

71Tele
mickscarey

OK, Mr. Inner Circle: If they are "locked in" for 2010, why did they issue a statement saying they have "no plans" to tour in 2010?

The only places where Ronnie Wood has been 'locked in' of late have been a pub and a prison cell and the only place he'll be 'locked in' over the next few months is likely to be a rehab clinic...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 7, 2010 20:05

But consider this, touring on that massive a scale for an unprecedented 6 DECADES!!!

Most people can wait to retire after 20 to 30 years.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 7, 2010 21:14

WOW. I didn't know we were all threats to Keith!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 7, 2010 21:28

Threats go through neetles, like stones passing through beetles.
(sorry... day off, lyric-writing & Canadian herb sampling)

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: phd ()
Date: January 8, 2010 20:30

I went thru the 10 pages of the thread. More rapidly I confess on the last 2. My conclusion is : I can still save my money and continue to pack my bag ( I put things in and out, again and again). My english is unfortunately scholar but I noticed " at the moment".

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: January 9, 2010 00:51

For those who still have a doubt, here's a recent interview of Bernard Fowler: [momento24.com]

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 9, 2010 01:07

"At the moment"...Tomorrow will be another day!!Rolling Stones will start their world tour at the end of 2010 in U.S. with a new studio album and finish in London-Summer 2012...Sure!!

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 9, 2010 02:18

The Stones will tour in 2010. That is a promise from someone who knows

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 9, 2010 16:36

A nice video remembering Stones on their final show and final tour ever:

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 9, 2010 16:41

pretty cool, never saw this

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 9, 2010 17:25

Sweet!
Thanks, MTaylor for their words at the end of
ABB in London.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 9, 2010 17:37

Thank you FolkyFireKitten1 and mtaylor

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: January 10, 2010 16:30

If the Stones "issued an official statement" how come the official statement isnt on their website?
Wouldnt you think an official statement would be found on their website and not some rubbish printed in the newspaper or rubbish tabloid?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 10, 2010 17:11

That's a very poignant video - thanks for posting, MTaylor.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 10, 2010 17:37

Christopher
If the Stones "issued an official statement" how come the official statement isnt on their website?
Wouldnt you think an official statement would be found on their website and not some rubbish printed in the newspaper or rubbish tabloid?

Any other band would do just that.

the last news/press release on that site is 2 years old, which tells a lot.
they sell t-shirts and merchandise - such statements don't sell anything, so why bother?
[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 10, 2010 19:58

Because nobody cares?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 10, 2010 20:02

Christopher

You're not familiar with that website and the whole point of it's existence, I presume?

The Stones generally issue 'official statements' through their publicist. Not through their website. The statement has been verified as coming from their publicist. Their publicist then informed the media who printed the story.

Whether it turns out to be 100% accurate is another argument.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 10, 2010 20:27

I invite everybody to think about the words "AT THE MOMENT"...2010 is a long year to go...

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: January 10, 2010 22:52

Yes, I've posted these sentiments previously, 'at the moment' is significant. Let's face it a publicist knows exactly how to word things and so to choose the words at the moment would indicate that there is any possibilities in another moment, which could be tomorrow for all we know and if that was the case then the original statement would still hold up....ahhhhh shit, I've smoked too much !

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 11, 2010 00:08

Gazza
71Tele
mickscarey

The only places where Ronnie Wood has been 'locked in' of late have been a pub and a prison cell and the only place he'll be 'locked in' over the next few months is likely to be a rehab clinic...

Again, they WILL tour and I know for a fact.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 11, 2010 00:09

mickscarey
Gazza
71Tele
mickscarey

Again, they WILL tour and I know for a fact.

they don't and you don't

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2033
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home