Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: Daily Mail - NO Stones tour for 2010- official stones statement
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 6, 2010 19:23

where do those idiots crawl out from? darryl and mick taylor writing songs together and getting rid of charlie....what are you on about?

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 6, 2010 19:29

Behroez, you must be joking. Wood singing Cherry Oh Baby? Your post is not serious, is it?- Maybe Charlie Watts ought to sing Monkey Man.

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: January 6, 2010 19:33

I mean during their last tour they played on average more than two third of their songs dating from the early ten yrs 1964 to 1974. Almost totally ignoring the last 35 yrs. You know for god sake Jagger get your self together and end with a big bang! And Darryll is the man, i mean have you checked what he has done beside the Stones and heard what he's capable of? Who cares if people say this sounds to funky jazzy etc but not like the Stones. According to your own playlists you haven't sounded like the Stones for the last 35 yrs yourself. and anyway what is the Stones sound? The early R&B covers? The barock and roll of Afthermath? The psychedelic stuff of Satanic? The disco-new-wave of some girls? What a nonsense just make a good album whatever the style. and i'm sure Darryl has got some good funky tunes up his sleeves. Just do it make a last surprising album that will get everyone by surprise.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: January 6, 2010 19:33

Maybe and Hope; they said there wont be a tour because they dont want idiots all over the net to start new rumours.
I dont think the stones have made their last gigs yet,, no way.
Is there anything saying that the stones will quit? Maybe they just need time to think, plan and come up with any ideas of how the tour will go before they say something official like that there will be a one.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 6, 2010 19:34

Good to see Coco The Clown registering on IORR at last...

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 6, 2010 19:42

Gazza
Good to see Coco The Clown registering on IORR at last...

Or maybe it´s this guy? winking smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 6, 2010 19:48

Best joke I've ever heard from Coco the Clown!

Date: January 6, 2010 20:01

Sure you've got that right. But the thing is your're all complaining that the Stones haven't made a descent album since Exile, that Keith can't play anymore and that they keep playing the same stuff on stage over and over again. So there are only two solutions either quit or come with a surprise first and than quit. A surprise will need a different line-up it's as simple as that.

Date: January 6, 2010 22:32

Well, brilliant ideas are always met with the greatest opposition. But i'm actually serious, just think (for a change) everytime the Stones made a line-up people said that's that's not going to be the Stones anymore; "the Stones without Brian? No way, that wont work". And their first few albums with Mick Taylor are still considered their best. And again the Stones without Taylor, no way! yet the first few studio albums they made with Ron Wood have become the best sold Stones studio albums ever! Not just change in line-ups but whenever they changed their style it became classics. They were reluctant to write their own songs, yet their first own compositions are THE great Stones hits (Satisfaction, Paint it Black etc), their first self written album Aftermath; a classic, When they wemt psychedelic with Satanic, that one is controversial i admit, but still it was gold on first day of release and sold better than Beatles Magical Mystery Tour, it even made the NME readers choose the Stones as one of the best bands of 67, no matter how you personally rate Satanic, point is, it is a classic. They again changed style and out came Beggars, again a classic. In 78 again a change in style the disco and new-wave was coming and the Stones made their best sold studio album ever; Some Girls! Since than there haven't been line-up changes (Bill leaving and Darryl's coming wasn't a line-up change in the true sense because Darryl is told how to play what and to keep a low profile, a real line-up change would have given him the freedom to play the way he can), nor has there been any change in style and hence no real classics have appeared since, hence them mainly playing on stage more than 30 yrs old stuff. Change is essential for succes!
I fear you lack imagination. Just go to Darryls site and listen to that absolutely brilliant bass riff that welcomes you on his homepage. Now listen to that and try to imagine Bobby Keys sax coming in with Leavell on organ, than comes in Wood's rhythm guitar (remember Hey Negrita?), than a bluesy sharp solo guitar, yes Taylor, and to finish it of the master Mick Jagger himself. Wow, can you hear it? Now, don't you think the working together of the above mentioned musicians will inspire them and cause the best to come out of them (as change and new challenges alwaays do).
Now you think i'm mad but i tell you something all those people who have said here that theywont be going to another stadium tour all of them including you will go to see the Stones when they will come in this new line-up, you wouldn't want to miss it, spcially since it will be their last tour amd they will play a totally unusual playlist (no Richards compositions, you just can't do it without him, that's a honour question). Every one will come all those who laugh at this idea without exception, it's true and you know it.
If it upsets you don't worry it's just an idea, Mick wont do it, at a sorten age people start playing it safe, no risks.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: January 6, 2010 22:36

behroez = mick taylor

Date: January 6, 2010 22:50

More like David Icke..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-06 22:54 by Gazza.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:09

Gazza
More like David Icke..
Or the laughable sheep!
Are you then a part of the small network that controls this site yawning smiley)

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:10

I sense Gazza getting aggressive yet again winking smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:11

Lorenz
I sense Gazza getting aggressive yet again winking smiley grinning smiley
I was quoting David Icke ;o)

Date: January 6, 2010 23:21

mtaylor
Gazza
More like David Icke..
Or the laughable sheep!
Are you then a part of the small network that controls this site yawning smiley)

Just a humble lizard, your honour....

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 7, 2010 00:34

clearly someone's living in their own private turquoise period.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 7, 2010 02:37

Oh, so u believe that trash. The Stones are locked in. I know if for a FACT

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 7, 2010 03:10

"More like David Icke.."

Quote of the day Sarge!

"I know if for a FACT"

Were you a politician in a past life?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 7, 2010 03:22

mickscarey
Oh, so u believe that trash. The Stones are locked in. I know if for a FACT

If you do really "know for a fact", give us a reason to believe you...If you are just speculating like the rest of us, stop claiming you have inside knowledge.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 7, 2010 03:44

I cannot tell you as then I would be "out" of the inner circle

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 7, 2010 04:22

how can u be out under an assumed name?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 7, 2010 04:30

mickscarey

OK, Mr. Inner Circle: If they are "locked in" for 2010, why did they issue a statement saying they have "no plans" to tour in 2010?

Big claims require big proof.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 7, 2010 07:17

71Tele
mickscarey

OK, Mr. Inner Circle: If they are "locked in" for 2010, why did they issue a statement saying they have "no plans" to tour in 2010?

Big claims require big proof.
If they are planning something, they're not telling anyone before it's finalized. The "At the moment" part is the clue. Right now ---> They're not telling anyone. Six months from now ---> The finalized tour plans are unveiled. Have they ever given details on how the tour-planning is going? No. So wait a while and have your money ready for tickets.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: January 7, 2010 11:46

"I cannot tell you as then I would be "out" of the inner circle"

Love it....... la la land again.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: January 7, 2010 12:14

behroez
Ron Wood is the minor problem i reckon. Keith can hardly play anymore, and Charlie is also only playing one and the same beat with every song. The core of the band has been for years now are really Mick Jagger and his back-up musicians Darryl, Chuck, Bernard etc. And they're doing very well, nothing wrong with that. It's just time to admit it and take some drastic measures for a last farwell album and grand farwell tour in an unusual line-up meaning make Darryl Jones after almost 20 yrs of loyal service an official Stone and replace Keith by Taylor and take a guest drummer, with this line-up you have Mick jagger, Mick Taylor, Ron Wood and Darryl Jones (filled up with the other back-up musicians) put Darryl's bass louder and more to the forground let him play the lead and play the way he can. Let Darryl and Fowler and Leavell compose some tunes together with Taylor. Ofcourse Keith wouldn't want them to play any of his compositions, no problem. If their last album is surprisingly good they can play those new songs and ofcourse all the covers they've played throughout their years (but ofcourse not in the old Stones versions, keith will complain but It's All Over Now inthe original Womack version etc) Wood can sing Cherry oh Baby followed by Taylors rendition of You Gotta Move instead of Keith's two songs.
And whoever says this line-up isn't the Stones well; Jagger 48 yrs of Stones history, Wood 35 yrs, Darryl 18 yrs and Taylor 5 yrs, that's more than a century of Stones history shared by only these 4 guys if that's not the Rolling Stones... But ofcourse the Stones without Keith? Well that's why this will be a line-up with adjusted playlists only for one last farewell (huge) tour and album. i think Darryl will surprise us all with his skills and to stop with a big surprise is more befitting than to slowly die out like a candle.

You're a STAND-UP Comedian, I recon?!!!
If you're not, your doctor has probably already prescribed strong drugs, so I won't bother to ask you to go and see him. Just take'em!
Good mental health, as they say in "Frasier"..
(confused smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-07 12:16 by Addicted.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: January 7, 2010 12:23

maybe the next tour will, if there ever is one, will be a total fiasco.

Date: January 7, 2010 12:25

look on the bright side eh......

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: January 7, 2010 12:44

only the most true fans hopes for more tours, albums and support them 110% even how bad it sounds!! hahaaaarrrggghh!!!

Date: January 7, 2010 12:56

behroez
Ron Wood is the minor problem i reckon. Keith can hardly play anymore, and Charlie is also only playing one and the same beat with every song. The core of the band has been for years now are really Mick Jagger and his back-up musicians Darryl, Chuck, Bernard etc. And they're doing very well, nothing wrong with that. It's just time to admit it and take some drastic measures for a last farwell album and grand farwell tour in an unusual line-up meaning make Darryl Jones after almost 20 yrs of loyal service an official Stone and replace Keith by Taylor and take a guest drummer, with this line-up you have Mick jagger, Mick Taylor, Ron Wood and Darryl Jones (filled up with the other back-up musicians) put Darryl's bass louder and more to the forground let him play the lead and play the way he can. Let Darryl and Fowler and Leavell compose some tunes together with Taylor. Ofcourse Keith wouldn't want them to play any of his compositions, no problem. If their last album is surprisingly good they can play those new songs and ofcourse all the covers they've played throughout their years (but ofcourse not in the old Stones versions, keith will complain but It's All Over Now inthe original Womack version etc) Wood can sing Cherry oh Baby followed by Taylors rendition of You Gotta Move instead of Keith's two songs.
And whoever says this line-up isn't the Stones well; Jagger 48 yrs of Stones history, Wood 35 yrs, Darryl 18 yrs and Taylor 5 yrs, that's more than a century of Stones history shared by only these 4 guys if that's not the Rolling Stones... But ofcourse the Stones without Keith? Well that's why this will be a line-up with adjusted playlists only for one last farewell (huge) tour and album. i think Darryl will surprise us all with his skills and to stop with a big surprise is more befitting than to slowly die out like a candle.

LOL! I want some of that stuff you're smoking there winking smiley

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: January 7, 2010 13:20

So, bad.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home