Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: OT: The Allman Brothers Band
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 30, 2009 02:16

StonesTod
leavell, weir & lesh last nite

Did I predict Weir and Lesh or what? Leavell was a very nice surprise.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 30, 2009 02:25

Did I missed something Lukester?

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: March 30, 2009 02:42

3/28 abb set list

Set 1 (8:33 > 10:04)
Little Martha
Done Somebody Wrong
Trouble No More
Rocking Horse (3rd Stone tease>Little Martha tease>Blue Sky tease)
Walk On Gilded Splinters
Who To Believe
Born Under A Bad Sign w/Floyd Miles
Stormy Monday w/ Floyd Miles & Chuck Levell
Come & Go Blues w/ Chuck Levell
Jessica w/ Chuck Levell & Paul Riddle

Set 2 (10:56 > 12:24)
Sugaree w/Bob Weir & Phil Lesh
I Know You Rider w/Bob Weir & Phil Lesh
Franklin's Tower w/Bob Weir & Phil Lesh & Chuck Levell
Black Hearted Woman
Mountain Jam w/ Chuck Levell

Encore (12:28 > 12:38)
Statesboro Blues

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 30, 2009 03:14

Lukester
StonesTod

i'm sorry, luke, but we'll need something a little more out of left field than a couple of of the dead and a former colleague here to be impressed. standards are high, as they should be. thanks.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 30, 2009 04:48

Evidently The Dead are doing three free shows in New York on Monday.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: March 30, 2009 06:30

StonesTod
Lukester
StonesTod

i'm sorry, luke, but we'll need something a little more out of left field than a couple of of the dead and a former colleague here to be impressed. standards are high, as they should be. thanks.

yeah yeah I know, but back on March 11 it seemed kind of out there didn't it? (see my original post here: [www.iorr.org] )

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: March 30, 2009 12:38

Lukester
StonesTod
Lukester
StonesTod

yeah yeah I know, but back on March 11 it seemed kind of out there didn't it? (see my original post here: [www.iorr.org] )

Kind of out there? Not even close! If you pat yourself on the back any harder, you'll hurt your elbow. (;-)

It was entirely predictable that Leavell, Weir and Lesh would show up during the Beacon stand. Chuck was in the Allman Brothers Band for four years (1972-76) and has been known to return to the fold on occasion. I've seen Chuck play with the ABB three times since 2001 (twice at the Beacon in 2001 and NO Jazzfest 2007 -- ultimate Jessica). So that one was easy to call.

In addition, the Dead and the ABB used to perform on many a bill together back in their salad days, and the ABB has toured with both Ratdog and Phil Lesh & Friends in the last two years. With Warren Haynes back to doing double duty with the Dead and the Allmans this year and the Dead tour beginning next month, it only made sense that Lesh and Weir would show up.

Date: March 31, 2009 17:53

baxlap
Lukester
StonesTod
Lukester
StonesTod

Kind of out there? Not even close! If you pat yourself on the back any harder, you'll hurt your elbow. (;-)

It was entirely predictable that Leavell, Weir and Lesh would show up during the Beacon stand. Chuck was in the Allman Brothers Band for four years (1972-76) and has been known to return to the fold on occasion. I've seen Chuck play with the ABB three times since 2001 (twice at the Beacon in 2001 and NO Jazzfest 2007 -- ultimate Jessica). So that one was easy to call.

In addition, the Dead and the ABB used to perform on many a bill together back in their salad days, and the ABB has toured with both Ratdog and Phil Lesh & Friends in the last two years. With Warren Haynes back to doing double duty with the Dead and the Allmans this year and the Dead tour beginning next month, it only made sense that Lesh and Weir would show up.

Oh thanks for the education Backslap. Really, Chuck once played with the Allman Brothers? Let me introduce you to sarcasm. Dude, I predicted the date. (not to mention I predicted the dates of Eric Clapton, Boz Scaggs, Sheryl Crow, and Kid Rock)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-31 18:00 by Lukester.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 31, 2009 17:57

new tour dates with wsp -

AUGUST

21 (Fri) - SUSQUEHANNA BANK CENTER Camden, New Jersey - TIX ON SALE: Saturday, April 4 at 10:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic
22 (Sat) - CONSTELLATION BRANDS MARVIN SANDS PERFORMING ARTS CENTER Canandaigua, New York - TIX ON SALE: Saturday, April 25 at 10:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic
24 (Mon) - MEADOWBROOK U.S. CELLULAR PAVILION Gilford, New Hampshire - TIX ON SALE: Friday, April 10 at 10:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic
27 (Thu) - NIKON AT JONES BEACH THEATER Wantagh, New York - TIX ON SALE: Saturday, April 4 at 10:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic
29 (Sat) - COMCAST CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS Mansfield, Massachusetts - TIX ON SALE: Saturday, April 4 at 10:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic
30 (Sun) - NEW ENGLAND DODGE MUSIC CENTER Hartford, Connecticut - TIX ON SALE: Saturday, April 4 at 10:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic
SEPTEMBER

02 (Wed) - CHARTER ONE PAVILION Chicago, Illinois - TIX ON SALE: Friday, April 10 at 10:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic
03 (Thu) - CHARTER ONE PAVILION Chicago, Illinois - TIX ON SALE: Friday, April 10 at 10:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic
OCTOBER

03 (Sat) - VERIZON WIRELESS AMPHITHEATRE Charlotte, North Carolina - TIX ON SALE: Friday, April 3 at 9:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic
04 (Sun) - VERIZON WIRELESS AMPHITHEATRE Charlotte, North Carolina - TIX ON SALE: Friday, April 3 at 9:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic
06 (Tue) - MERRIWEATHER POST PAVILION Columbia, Maryland - On tour with Widespread Panic. On sale date TBD.
07 (Wed) - NTELOS WIRELESS PAVILION Portsmouth, Virginia - TIX ON SALE: Friday, April 10 at 10:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic
11 (Sun) - TIME WARNER CABLE MUSIC PAVILION AT WALNUT CREEK Raleigh, North Carolina - TIX ON SALE: Friday, April 3 at 9:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic
13 (Tue) - WORLDS FAIR PARK Knoxville, Tennessee - TIX ON SALE: Friday, April 17 at 10:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic
14 (Wed) - RIVERFRONT PARK Nashville, Tennessee - TIX ON SALE: Friday, April 17 at 10:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic
16 (Fri) - SUPERPAGES.COM CENTER Dallas, Texas - TIX ON SALE: Saturday, April 4 at 10:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic
17 (Sat) - WOODLANDS PAVILION Houston, Texas - TIX ON SALE: Saturday, April 4 at 10:00 AM - On tour with Widespread Panic

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: March 31, 2009 17:58

I wonder why they don't tour Europe

Date: March 31, 2009 18:15

good question, serbie - have they toured europe anytime recently? jam bands don't generally have much of a following, right?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 31, 2009 19:59

Is Bread a jam band?

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: March 31, 2009 20:19

No, a Jamwich.

I'm here all week!

Date: March 31, 2009 21:11

T&A
good question, serbie - have they toured europe anytime recently? jam bands don't generally have much of a following, right?

I think they have a big enough fan base in Europe to do a lucrative tour.For example I am quite sure they could have a full house here in Belgrade.Great blues shows tend to attract large crowds in this part of Europe.So I guess Greg is just too lazy to bring his band over to Europe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-31 21:11 by stones_serb.

Date: March 31, 2009 21:14

stones_serb
T&A

I think they have a big enough fan base in Europe to do a lucrative tour.For example I am quite sure they could have a full house here in Belgrade.Great blues shows tend to attract large crowds in this part of Europe.So I guess Greg is just too lazy to bring his band over to Europe.

i doubt if it's a case of lazines - he was very ill last year and health might be a factor - but, this is the largest tour they've planned in many years....also wonder if there are drug/legal issues that prevent one or more band members from overseas travel....

Date: March 31, 2009 21:19

T&A
stones_serb

i doubt if it's a case of lazines - he was very ill last year and health might be a factor - but, this is the largest tour they've planned in many years....also wonder if there are drug/legal issues that prevent one or more band members from overseas travel....

Yeah I have completely forgot about Greg's health issues.I hope he's much better now.Yeah that might be one of the reasons.However, correct me if I'm wrong but they haven't had any show in Europe for over a decade.

Date: March 31, 2009 21:24

i can't remember - but it's been a very long time - that's why i wonder if it's something more related to legal issues....

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: April 11, 2009 15:26

Some decent recordings of several of the Beacon shows are avaialble as bit torrents. They sound like ALD recordings, not perfect but better that audience recordings. March 17, 19, 27 & 28 are up so far.

Go to www.thepiratebay.org and search Allman Brothers.

These are somokin'shows!

Ross

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-11 15:58 by Ross.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 12, 2009 02:25

I'd only want to see them if Chuck was guesting. He promised he'd sign his autobiography for me. Maybe they'll add a few smaller venues in Massachusetts. I was supposed to mail my book to him athis home in Georgia but I decided to wait until I met him again. He's a very cool, unassuming guy who loves his music.

Date: April 13, 2009 18:06

Ross
Some decent recordings of several of the Beacon shows are avaialble as bit torrents. They sound like ALD recordings, not perfect but better that audience recordings. March 17, 19, 27 & 28 are up so far.

Go to www.thepiratebay.org and search Allman Brothers.

These are somokin'shows!

Ross

not familiar with that torrent site - but it's just a matter time before those torrents get taken down, I imagine.

i've got about 8 of the shows being ripped off the video feed being sent to me shortly...supposedly in killer quality...we'll see (or hear, i guess)...

Posted by: electric-duane ()
Date: April 13, 2009 18:34

I'd like to thank everybody for picking up where I left off with regards to the ABB updates. Unfortunately after the first week was over I had to go back to work after a short "forced" holiday (I think Germany's the only place they force you to go on holiday because you have so much that it's difficult to use it all up grinning smiley ).

Anyways, I was very pleased with this year's run and was so glad I was able to catch the shows at home on the PC. Although I think the guests were a great treat, I almost wish they would have cut some out in favor of playing some of their own lesser-played tunes (ie. Nobody Knows, Jelly Jelly, High Falls, Get On With Your Life, Sailin' 'Cross the Devil's Sea"). I was extrememly pleased, though, with Taj Mahal, Buddy Guy, Bonnie Bramlett and the jazz evening with Lenny White and Randy Brecker. No offense to Clapton lovers but, even though I thought he was great, I was almost a tad disappointed - I almost felt that, while I respect Clapton for his legacy, he was just no match when it came to the tour de force offered by Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks. Don't get me wrong, I love Clapton and respect his influence immensely. After seeing him alongside Derek and Warren, however, I'm less in awe of him and moreso of the other two.

The recordings that I have so far sound great (I have everything up to and including Clapton's second appearance). My recordings are also captures from the moogis mix - I'm expecting to have the remaining shows soon - and I'm very pleased with the quality. It's not the greatest but it's a lot better than audience recordings. Unfortunately I won't be able to distribute them given the fact that the shows will be offered up for sell by the ABB (and by agreeing to the Moogis terms and conditions I'm caught between a rock and a hard place).

Like somebody else said before me: the audience recordings are easy to come by and give a pretty good glimpse of the quality of music performed over the course of those three weeks. I still wish, however, that we got more ABB.

Thanks again for enjoying another Beacon run with be and best regards,

E-Duane

Date: April 14, 2009 00:15

Thanks E-Duane. Welcome back.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: April 14, 2009 00:20

electric-duane,

I appreciate and respect your comments concerning the ABB Beacon 2009 shows.

I attended several shows including 3/19 and 3/20. In regard to Clapton's performance I thought he was a bit reserved on 3/19. 3/20 on the other hand was a completely different performance from him. I would put EC's solo on Liz Reed from 3/20 up against anything that was played over the 3 weeks, 15 shows. A stunning guitar solo.

If you have a chance (provided you subsrcibed to Moogis) go back and take another look at the 2nd set from 3/20.

In comparing 3/19 and 3/20, I preferred the 1st set on 3/19 and the 2nd set on 3/20. The first set on 3/19 was intense!

3/26 was a great show too with the 1st couple of albums being played straight thru.

All in all another great Beacon run from the ABB!

Date: April 14, 2009 00:22

anyone know whether the upcoming tour shows will be made available via instant live?

duane - you say they are making the beacon shows available to buy individually? i see nothing on their website that alludes to that....

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: April 14, 2009 09:29

T&A
anyone know whether the upcoming tour shows will be made available via instant live?

duane - you say they are making the beacon shows available to buy individually? i see nothing on their website that alludes to that....

See [www.hittinthenote.com]

Date: April 14, 2009 17:59

cool, thanks. a little steep, price-wise, if you ask me. but you didn't...

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: April 14, 2009 19:05

That is good news that they are going to release these shows! Judging from the 4 shows I downloaded this was an amazing run, with just the right guests! I am sure the quality will be better than the downloads.

The 4 shows are still up on thepiratebay.org. Just search Allman Brothers! Not perfect quality but not bad at all. The guitars are right up front! If not soundboard it is definitely a direct feed, probably from the video feed or ALD source.

These guys remain as good as ever, IMO.

Ross

Date: April 14, 2009 19:08

Ross
That is good news that they are going to release these shows! Judging from the 4 shows I downloaded this was an amazing run, with just the right guests! I am sure the quality will be better than the downloads.

The 4 shows are still up on thepiratebay.org. Just search Allman Brothers! Not perfect quality but not bad at all. The guitars are right up front! If not soundboard it is definitely a direct feed, probably from the video feed or ALD source.

Ross

interesting on the sound quality thing, Ross - on the ABB/Moogis site the sound is claimed to be BETTER than CD...hmmmm....

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 14, 2009 19:13

Bingo
3/28 abb set list

Set 1 (8:33 > 10:04)
Little Martha
Done Somebody Wrong
Trouble No More
Rocking Horse (3rd Stone tease>Little Martha tease>Blue Sky tease)
Walk On Gilded Splinters
Who To Believe
Born Under A Bad Sign w/Floyd Miles
Stormy Monday w/ Floyd Miles & Chuck Levell
Come & Go Blues w/ Chuck Levell
Jessica w/ Chuck Levell & Paul Riddle

Set 2 (10:56 > 12:24)

Sugaree w/Bob Weir & Phil Lesh
I Know You Rider w/Bob Weir & Phil Lesh
Franklin's Tower w/Bob Weir & Phil Lesh & Chuck Levell
Black Hearted Woman
Mountain Jam w/ Chuck Levell

Encore (12:28 > 12:38)
Statesboro Blues

No Sweet Melissa??

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 14, 2009 19:15

T&A
Ross

Ross

interesting on the sound quality thing, Ross - on the ABB/Moogis site the sound is claimed to be BETTER than CD...hmmmm....

How,they come and play in your living room?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1817
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home