Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 18
Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 016 - The Black Box
Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 29, 2011 17:27

Thanks for the directions MR & Joyce

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: August 30, 2011 17:53

May I make a wish for vinyl rips? I'd love to have the following 4 LPs from the Excitable Recordwork label with artwork. They were in my very first parcel of bootlegs that I received in the early 1980s. I got them from a guy in Northern Germany and I had no idea what was on them then. Later I found out that they were copies from other LPs but the deluxe covers were very nice.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-30 23:22 by midnrambler.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: September 1, 2011 18:25

next in line is Slick - one of the 3 LPs I can transfer from the four you're looking for midnrambler (don't have this version of LIVEr I guess).

same LP as Out On Bail. It combines the LP with the single - Sweet Little Sixteen as last song on side one, Satisfaction as last song on side two.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 017 - Slick
Posted by: axl79 ()
Date: September 1, 2011 23:08

Thanks Silkcut1978,
this looks to be a superb job, as always!

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 1, 2011 23:31

Many thanks silkcut.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-03 11:36 by midnrambler.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 017 - Slick
Posted by: Jalby ()
Date: September 2, 2011 14:41

Details and cover here :
Liver Than You'll Ever Be :
[at-the-rarest.blogspot.com]
Get Your Leeds Lungs Out
East And West
Slick
these 4 LPs (Mint) are for sale

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 018 - Get Your Leeds Lungs Out (Excitable Recordworks)
Date: September 2, 2011 18:09

The next one is "Get Your Leeds Lungs Out" - Excitable Recordworks

To my surprise this one's my favourite now of the Leeds-variations that I uploaded. I couldn't remember how good it sounded as I haven't heard it for more than 30 years. I really enjoyed it yesterday and btw it has a better tracklisting than the TMoQ-version, at least for me.

Jalby - I really like uploading this stuff and I think many people enjoy the downloads but I would kindly ask you to sell your collection in an own thread as I don't want to be connected with selling bootlegs. Otherwise I'll have to stop uploading my LPs and close this thread down - please respect my wish and don't take it as a personal offence, thanks.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 018 - Get Your Leeds Lungs Out (Excitable Recordworks)
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 2, 2011 18:23

I look forward to the vinyl rip of Leeds 1971 from Excitable recordworks, Thomas - thanks!
The first ROIO I ever got of Rolling Stones was a tape copy of that exact LP....so it's nice to get it on CDR/FLAC, after all these years

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-02 18:24 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: September 2, 2011 18:35

wow,it seems i´m late for the party,i was away for a month.Now i am back and i have lot of downloading to do.Thanks

Posted by: stonemac ()
Date: September 2, 2011 20:18

Hi,

Really great all these vinyl rips, hope this stream will never end.

Would it be possible to post one or more of the following albums:

Dr. No Presents The Rolling Stones
El Mocambo (single)
Beggars Breakfast (Mad Records)
I Wrote It In My Garden
Taxile On Mainstreet
All Rights Reserved
Everlasting Stones
Extended Play

Thanks in advance and for everything that you've posted so far

Date: September 2, 2011 20:56

stonemac
Hi,

El Mocambo (single)
I Wrote It In My Garden
Taxile On Mainstreet
All Rights Reserved
Everlasting Stones
Extended Play

Extended Play is the only one I think I don't have - so expect the others coming soon.

Cheers
Thomas

Posted by: Jalby ()
Date: September 3, 2011 10:13

Sorry, I thought some fans might be interested in downloading and also have the original LP. Don't worry, I will respect your wishes. cordially
Jalby

Date: September 3, 2011 10:35

silkcut1978_
stonemac
Hi,

El Mocambo (single)
I Wrote It In My Garden
Taxile On Mainstreet
All Rights Reserved
Everlasting Stones
Extended Play

Extended Play is the only one I think I don't have - so expect the others coming soon.

Cheers
Thomas

Looking forward to it,
Thanks,
Arno

Date: September 4, 2011 21:33

It's been a great journey so far. Great fun to (re)discover these vinyls. May I be so bold to add a few more titles to the 'wantlist'.

- Comeback To England
- Claudine (Dead Spider Records)
- European Tour 1970
- Hey Claudine Dance Back In Jail Again
- Kickin' Ass Time
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Soul Survivor
- Torn & Frayed
- The Riot Show
- Who's The Boss , She's The Boss
- Southern Quotations

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with Rank Stranger's CVBS 019 - European Tour Live 1970 (Roll & Rope Records)
Date: September 5, 2011 14:17

019 is a rip by Rank Stranger he kindly sent to me on CDr - European Tour Live 1970 (Roll & Rope - Essen 1970)

We thought it might be interesting for you to compare the 3 "main"-versions - so next in line will be 020 with the Rubber Dubber version and 021 with an still unplayed and therefore virgin copy of a TMoQ reprint. 020 is already done so expect it soon - I hope you'll enjoy this Essen 70 run and please don't forget to say a big thank you to Rank Stranger. As long as there are people on this board like him this project is real fun :-)

Britney - now the first title of your wantlist is here. Satisfaction Guaranteed is a real pain in my a*s. I wanted to start with this title as number one. It has always been one of my favourite bootlegs because of the artwork alone but believe it or not - I can't find it. I'm sure I never sold it, I know it could not have been stolen anyway but right now I have no clue where to look at apart from the places I already did. But as soon as I find it it's up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-05 14:18 by silkcut1978_.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with Rank Stranger's CVBS 019 - European Tour 1970 Live (Roll & Rope Records)
Date: September 5, 2011 14:34

Looking forward to comparing the Essen 1970 boots. Kudos to Rank Stranger!

I can upload my vinylrip of "I Wrote It In My Garden" if you like?

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with Rank Stranger's CVBS 019 - European Tour 1970 Live (Roll & Rope Records)
Date: September 5, 2011 14:47

Great Britney - every upload is welcome by many people as I know by now and personally it saves me spare-time not to look for another "impossible-to-find" one. I hate to say but I have a terrible mess in my tape-, video- and record collection. The main reason for me that I started a web-site 3 years ago as I wanted to know what I have on German vinyl. Now I have at least a few hundred records in correct order..

Date: September 5, 2011 15:16

Despite the stereoclaim on the sleeve the Roll & Rope Essen 1970 is as mono as it gets.

Date: September 5, 2011 16:05

I wrote it in my garden:

[www.megaupload.com]

Lineage: vinyl > Akai AP-8110 turntable > PDR-W739 CD-R Standalone > WAV (with Audition).

Both sides have been merged to one track.

Artwork: [www.megaupload.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-05 16:09 by Britney.

Date: September 5, 2011 18:38

silkcut1978_
Great Britney - every upload is welcome by many people as I know by now and personally it saves me spare-time not to look for another "impossible-to-find" one. I hate to say but I have a terrible mess in my tape-, video- and record collection. The main reason for me that I started a web-site 3 years ago as I wanted to know what I have on German vinyl. Now I have at least a few hundred records in correct order..

Glad to make a little contribution to the project. Feel free to edit/change it in order to make it a worthy CVBS addition. What's yer website?

Date: September 5, 2011 18:49

Britney
I wrote it in my garden:

[www.megaupload.com]

Lineage: vinyl > Akai AP-8110 turntable > PDR-W739 CD-R Standalone > WAV (with Audition).

Both sides have been merged to one track.

Artwork: [www.megaupload.com]

Thanks

Date: September 5, 2011 19:22

Britney

Glad to make a little contribution to the project. Feel free to edit/change it in order to make it a worthy CVBS addition. What's yer website?

Thanks a lot Britney - will be up as 022.

My site is www.vinylstones.org and is mainly based on German vinyl or records that have been produced for the German market. East Germany, Austria and Switzerland are included as well.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 5, 2011 22:13

Thanks silkcut1978_ and Britney for your kind words!
And while I'm at it, can you please tell me more about that bootleg:
"I Wrote It In My Garden"?

Studio? Live?? Never heard of it!

Date: September 5, 2011 22:31

Rank Stranger
Thanks silkcut1978_ and Britney for your kind words!
And while I'm at it, can you please tell me more about that bootleg:
"I Wrote It In My Garden"?

Studio? Live?? Never heard of it!

It's a 1972 interview with Mick in which he talks about the writing/recording of Exile. Very entertaining.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-05 22:32 by Britney.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 5, 2011 22:41

That should be interesting, indeed!
I will download tomorrow, thanks a lot.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 5, 2011 23:09

Thanks Rank Stranger and Thomas for Roll & Rope version....new to me.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 020 - European Tour 1970 Live (Rubber Dubber) & CVBS 021 - European Tour 1970 (TMoQ) & CVBS 022 - Britney's "I Wrote It In My Garden"
Date: September 6, 2011 11:48

3 "new" ones:

020 - Essen 70 from my Rubber Dubber discs (double LP)
021 - Essen 70 from a TMoQ-reprint (single LP)
022 - thanks to Britney - I Wrote It In My Garden (MJ interview 1972) - I dind't change anything as it is excellent the way it is - I just wanted to include it in the list on side 1 of this thread so that others can find it easier. As I wrote yesterday it's a lot of fun to do this thread together with you guys!

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 020 - European Tour 1970 Live (Rubber Dubber) & CVBS 021 - European Tour 1970 (TMoQ) & CVBS 022 - Britney's "I Wrote It In My Garden"
Date: September 6, 2011 17:08

Thanks for the new additions Thomas.

My observations comparing the Essen vinyl sources:

All versions use a copy of the same tapesource. TMOQ and Roll & Rope versions are in mono. The Rubber Dubber version appears to be stereo but that's probably the result of some EQ tweaking. Despite the claim on the cover it is also the vinyl with the most surface noise/clicks. (Don't know it this is a pressing issue or wear as a result from extensive playing).

The TMOQ and Roll & Rope appear to be the easiest sources to clean without excessive use of click and noise filters. In comparison the Roll & Rope sounds a little warmer than the TMOQ.

Posted by: tjkrol ()
Date: September 6, 2011 18:32

Britney
Thanks for the new additions Thomas.

My observations comparing the Essen vinyl sources:

All versions use a copy of the same tapesource. TMOQ and Roll & Rope versions are in mono. The Rubber Dubber version appears to be stereo but that's probably the result of some EQ tweaking. Despite the claim on the cover it is also the vinyl with the most surface noise/clicks. (Don't know it this is a pressing issue or wear as a result from extensive playing).

The TMOQ and Roll & Rope appear to be the easiest sources to clean without excessive use of click and noise filters. In comparison the Roll & Rope sounds a little warmer than the TMOQ.

Thanks for the info. Can it be determined if these vinyl releases have used a lower generation tape than what appears on the CD releases of this show?

Date: September 6, 2011 18:40

I really have my doubts that any of the CD releases used a tape. The lineage is simply vinyl - digital transfer - CD with more or less filtering and equalizing. Never got a tape version of this show, as often as I tried way back when into tape trading. It was always a copy of an LP. I would go that far to bet my collection that the master-tape doesn't exist anymore - for ages by now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-06 18:41 by silkcut1978_.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1557
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home