Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 18
Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 032 - A Summer Romance with the Rolling Stones
Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: September 26, 2011 14:29

But back to the LPs - a truly great one with 2 of my all time favourite unreleased songs on it - Munich Hilton and A Different Kind. How I wish that both will find it's way onto the deluxe edition of Some Girls as I would love to have both tracks with finished vocals.

Accidents WIll Happen (artwork also says "Accidents May Happen"), sometimes called Claudine on EVA Records.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 032 - A Summer Romance with the Rolling Stones
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 26, 2011 21:22

I really like your posts, silkcut!

Looking through this thread is like walking down memory lane.

And I hope you'll find that Paris 65 tape.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 27, 2011 15:03

I also love this thread; many thanks to Silkcut.
"Accident will happen" is one of my favourite LPs as well; but I don't think I've played it after VGP released their "Accident Will Happen", because it sounded better (for once).
Paris 1965 tape in uncirculated excellent quality....that would be almost "too much" ! I'd feel guilty for downloading it, just like that! So please don't share that one, Thomas, for crying out loud !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-27 15:05 by Erik_Snow.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 033 - Accidents Will (May) Happen a.k.a. Claudine
Date: September 27, 2011 16:11

Oh Erik, I stopped looking for the tape almost instantly. I should have know better right from the start - there's no need to feel guilty as I was only joking haha!

But beside that I think you know me well enough. Give me some time (months? years??) and I will come up with this stuff anyway ;-) I'm kind of a lazy sod..

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 033 - Accidents Will (May) Happen a.k.a. Claudine
Posted by: Britney ()
Date: September 27, 2011 16:37

I remember the Dragoman Sunbird cd release of Accidents Wil Happen. Probably one of the very first Stonesbootlegs on CD. Didn't sound anywhere near as good as the vinyl release.

PS an upgrade of the Paris 65 would be totally amazing. I love the raw energy of that performance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-27 17:11 by Britney.

Date: September 27, 2011 19:29

silkcut1978_
Give me some time (months? years??) and I will come up with this stuff anyway ;-) I'm kind of a lazy sod..

No problem, Thomas, take your time, but I'll remind you around the year of 2025, hope you don't mind

Date: September 27, 2011 20:07

Maybe that's too late as I haven't touched this tape for decades. To wait another 14 years might lead into a destroyed hope. Honestly, give me two weeks as I will have to crawl through dust and dirt to locate my box with the 60s tapes but who knows, when I finally have them on my desktop there might be a few other interesting things as well, we'll see.

Date: September 27, 2011 20:24

Joking aside, I very much look forward to it - thanks, Thomas thumbs up

Date: September 28, 2011 13:47

silkcut1978_
Maybe that's too late as I haven't touched this tape for decades. To wait another 14 years might lead into a destroyed hope. Honestly, give me two weeks as I will have to crawl through dust and dirt to locate my box with the 60s tapes but who knows, when I finally have them on my desktop there might be a few other interesting things as well, we'll see.

Yer Vienna '67 tape? Don't forget to wear a dust mask. smiling smiley

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 034 - Keith Richards - Booze And Pills And Powders
Date: September 29, 2011 06:41

Keith Richards - Booze And Pills And Powders + Alternate Take EP (which is in fact a single)

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 034 - Keith Richards - Booze And Pills And Powders
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 29, 2011 17:56

Great version of B&P&P!

These versions are slightly less hiss but a bit more muffled.
They also run too slow.

I'm gonna work on this one!
Thanks so much!

You wouldn't happen to have the Claudine LP [Dead Spyder Records] would you silkcut?

Date: September 29, 2011 18:46

Yes, just found it (Claudine on Dead Spider). Expect it in the next days but you owe me a prayer that Munich Hilton will be on the SG-deluxe ;-)

Date: September 29, 2011 20:42

silkcut1978_
Yes, just found it (Claudine on Dead Spider). Expect it in the next days but you owe me a prayer that Munich Hilton will be on the SG-deluxe ;-)

We are still working out my royalties, but I expect to make an appearance on the new deluxe! Your friend Munichhilton

Thanks for Claudine...my first bootleg LP EVER!!!

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 035 - Keith Richards - A Slice Of Rock'n'Roll
Date: September 30, 2011 08:17

12inch maxi single - A Slice Of Rock'n'Roll

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 036 - Keith Richards - A Stone Alone - The Toronto Session
Date: October 1, 2011 07:06

really a legendary one this time - A Stone Alone

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 036 - Keith Richards - A Stone Alone - The Toronto Session
Date: October 1, 2011 11:33

A couple of tunes from Booze And Pills And Powders are only available on this boot and the vinyl bootleg Jam/In Tune with City Jam.

Some might prefer the sound of the vinyl rip of A Stone Alone over the release of those tracks on VGP 377.

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: October 1, 2011 11:45

Wow,thank you for all those vinyl ripĀ“s,especially this one from Keith

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: October 1, 2011 19:11

"A Stone Alone" quintessential stuff! No Stones collection is complete without this boot!
The vinyl was made from a low, or let's say mid-generation tape; anybody has info on how it compares to the VPG bootleg?
Should I look out for the CD??

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 037 - Claudine
Date: October 3, 2011 00:18

Claudine on Dead Spider Records - as requested by Munichhilton

Date: October 3, 2011 16:24

Thanks for Claudine! Allways wanted to know how that one sounds.

Date: October 3, 2011 17:17

silkcut1978_
Claudine on Dead Spider Records - as requested by Munichhilton

Thanks so much
Great memories. I feel 10 years old again

Date: October 3, 2011 17:55

you're welcome guys, glad you like them.

the next one's almost done but I need some time off as I got my Superheavy deluxe from Japan today. can't wait to hear the accoustic Never Gonna Change as soon as everybody else at home is asleep.

I like the old Stones-stuff as much as ever but Superheavy is really giving me a thrill. So far I bought the iTunes-deluxe version (as I was on holidays in the middle of nowhere), the standard CD, the LP, the deluxe-CD and now the Japan deluxe version. Let's see what's next ;-)

Date: October 3, 2011 18:09

silkcut1978_
you're welcome guys, glad you like them.

the next one's almost done but I need some time off as I got my Superheavy deluxe from Japan today. can't wait to hear the accoustic Never Gonna Change as soon as everybody else at home is asleep.

I like the old Stones-stuff as much as ever but Superheavy is really giving me a thrill. So far I bought the iTunes-deluxe version (as I was on holidays in the middle of nowhere), the standard CD, the LP, the deluxe-CD and now the Japan deluxe version. Let's see what's next ;-)

The next DAC release with Superheavy outtakes?

Date: October 3, 2011 18:25

Britney
silkcut1978_
Let's see what's next ;-)

The next DAC release with Superheavy outtakes?

now THAT would be great !

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 038 - Some Other Girls
Date: October 6, 2011 14:27

Some Other Girls:

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 038 - Some Other Girls
Date: October 6, 2011 18:54

Thanks for Some Other Girls! You just can't have too many.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 039 - Spend It So Fast
Date: October 7, 2011 12:48

Spend It So Fast:

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 039 - Spend It So Fast
Date: October 7, 2011 14:18

Thanks Silkcut !

Date: October 7, 2011 16:34

You're welcome, "All Them Women" will follow tomorrow.

Date: October 7, 2011 17:03

Thanks
I only had Spend It So Fast of the 3 LPs...
Great to hear again.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 843
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home