Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 18
Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 023 - Instrumentals
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 9, 2011 00:05

silkcut1978_

midnrambler - I'll up East And West (cover) tomorrow, need daylight

Would be great, Axl79 has posted it but it's a bit deformed and very hard to get these lines straight again... So a good high resolution scan or photo would be appreciated by me.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 025 - Satisfaction Guaranteed
Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: September 9, 2011 18:54

next is "Satisfaction Guaranteed" - a very nice compilation of the 78-tour and one of my personal favourites. The track-listing on the back isn't correct (side 3) and the recording info is wrong as well. Just in case you're interested have a look at Felix' site for the correct recording dates and venues.

midnrambler - I'll make pics of East And West and will place a link here in a few minutes

Date: September 9, 2011 19:02

midnrambler
silkcut1978_

Would be great, Axl79 has posted it but it's a bit deformed and very hard to get these lines straight again... So a good high resolution scan or photo would be appreciated by me.

here it is - hope you like it: [www.megaupload.com]

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 025 - Satisfaction Guaranteed
Posted by: Britney ()
Date: September 9, 2011 22:00

Many thanks for 'Satisfaction Guaranteed'. An absolute must have for '78 tour afficionados.The info on Felix' website is consistent with the designation of tracks as found here:
[www.stonesvikingrob.com]

Felix claims Honky Tonk Women is from the Oakland show.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 9, 2011 22:05

Are these considerably better than the VGP release of 5CDs?
Thanks very much for all the gems silkcut1978

Date: September 9, 2011 23:15

Britney
Many thanks for 'Satisfaction Guaranteed'. An absolute must have for '78 tour afficionados.The info on Felix' website is consistent with the designation of tracks as found here:
[www.stonesvikingrob.com]

Felix claims Honky Tonk Women is from the Oakland show.

Maybe I should have stated "some infos are wrong" and not evrything. But the shows that are listed on the back are ok anyway, just a few assignments are wrong, not only HTW.

Date: September 10, 2011 00:42

Munichhilton
Are these considerably better than the VGP release of 5CDs?
Thanks very much for all the gems silkcut1978

Satisfaction Guaranteed ( Idol Mind Productions IMP 1123 )

01. Don't Look Back *
02. Let It Rock &
03. All Down The Line &
04. Honky Tonk Women @
05. Star Star &
06. When The Whip Comes Down &
07. Beast Of Burden *
08. Lies *
09. Miss You *
10. Just My Imagination *
11. Shattered %
12. Respectable *
13. Far Away Eyes *
14. Tumbling Dice &
15. Band intro. *
16. Love In Vain *
17. Happy %
18. Sweet Little Sixteen #
19. Brown Sugar &
20. Jumpin' Jack Flash &
21. ( I Can't Get No ) Satisfaction @

* St. Louis, Checkerdome 11.7 1978, lower gen copy of the same tapesource used for VGP 378
& Buffalo, Rich Stadium 4.7 1978, different source than VGP 378
% Greensboro, Coliseum 26.6 1978 same tapesource used for Southern Quotations (vinyl bootleg). Southern Quotations sounds brighter and better.
@ Oakland, Coliseum 26.7 1978 different source than VGP 269
# Chicago, Soldiers Field 8.7 1978 different source than vGP 378

Overall I would say this vinyl sounds better than mentioned CD releases.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-10 02:46 by Britney.

Date: September 10, 2011 11:06

silkcut1978_
midnrambler
silkcut1978_

here it is - hope you like it: [www.megaupload.com]

Many thanks!!!

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 026 - Dr. No Presents The Rolling Stones
Date: September 10, 2011 11:40

next one is "Dr. No presents" - a nice compilation and I must say it was a pleasure to transfer. I didn't remember it and was pleased by the good quality of most of the tracks.

hope you enjoy

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 026 - Dr. No Presents The Rolling Stones
Date: September 11, 2011 09:29

The Excitable Recordworks LPs on CDs:

PS. If you want to build some LP miniature covers too I created a template: [www.megaupload.com]
You must resize the square pictures of front & back to 1476 x 1476 dpi and paste them into the template. Print it and cut it with a knife along a ruler. Carve the folding lines a bit e.g. with a small screwdriver, it's easier to fold it then. Glue it togehter then with a glue stick. For the inner sleeve I use usual CD paper sleeves available in CD accesories shops.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-11 13:58 by midnrambler.

Date: September 11, 2011 14:09

Ah Dr. No. Remember now I still have it somewhere. Quite an enjoyable bootleg at the time. Especially for Too Many Cooks and the Seven Days rehearsaltake.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 11, 2011 14:12

Great CD artwork, midnrambler
I'll give you 15 euro for that "Get Your Leeds Lungs Out" CDR ! -at least

Date: September 11, 2011 14:39

Britney
Ah Dr. No. Remember now I still have it somewhere. Quite an enjoyable bootleg at the time. Especially for Too Many Cooks and the Seven Days rehearsaltake.

Is it from the Culver City rehearsals?

Date: September 11, 2011 14:42

Erik_Snow
Great CD artwork, midnrambler
I'll give you 15 euro for that "Get Your Leeds Lungs Out" CDR ! -at least

Not for sale, Erik grinning smiley
I posted the instruction how you can create it yourself! smiling smiley

Date: September 11, 2011 15:10

midnrambler
Britney

Is it from the Culver City rehearsals?

Not 100% sure but I presume it is.

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: September 12, 2011 00:21

Satisfaction Guaranteed - yes indeed - thanx a lot. Better sound than my old copy.

cheers Bo winking smiley

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 027 - Nasty Habits
Date: September 12, 2011 00:34

the next one's a real gem - like with others in this series I'd already forgotten how good it is. Hope you enjoy it as well.

Nasty Habits - TMoQ (not the original label btw but a worthy release anyway)

Date: September 13, 2011 07:29

Tnx for Nasty Habits! Longest version of Separately I've heard.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 028 - Diverse Harmonics
Date: September 13, 2011 10:45

Diverse Harmonics - part of a 30 LP-set, released in 1982

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 028 - Diverse Harmonics
Date: September 13, 2011 15:10

Satisfaction Guaranteed...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-13 16:17 by midnrambler.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: September 13, 2011 18:17

about diverse harmonics "let it rock " is the group shadows of knight version,speed down,,

nice to see all these vinyl boots again,

thanks

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 029 - Taxile On Mainstreet & What's Left Alive
Date: September 14, 2011 11:47

Taxile On Mainstreet & What's Left Alive

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 029 - Taxile On Mainstreet & What's Left Alive
Date: September 14, 2011 14:05

The 'gem' on Taxile On Mainstreet is the 1972 MJ interview segment culled from 'Current Audio Magazine' Records, Vol.1, No.1 published in 1972 (Side D track 4).

Date: September 14, 2011 14:39

Britney
The 'gem' on Taxile On Mainstreet is the 1972 MJ interview segment culled from 'Current Audio Magazine' Records, Vol.1, No.1 published in 1972 (Side D track 4).

Isn't that the one with Mick on one and Elvis on the other side of the cover? Have it around somewhere. Bought it in around 1977 and can't remember but I would suggest that the original interview runs a little bit longer than the short segment on Taxile ?!

Date: September 14, 2011 15:32

silkcut1978_
Britney

Isn't that the one with Mick on one and Elvis on the other side of the cover? Have it around somewhere. Bought it in around 1977 and can't remember but I would suggest that the original interview runs a little bit longer than the short segment on Taxile ?!

Yep that's the one:
[www.discogs.com]

I've never heard the original Current Audio Magazine release so I wouln't know if it's complete, but I also suspect the original release is running somewhat longer.

Date: September 14, 2011 16:31

Britney
silkcut1978_
Britney

Yep that's the one:
[www.discogs.com]

I've never heard the original Current Audio Magazine release so I wouln't know if it's complete, but I also suspect the original release is running somewhat longer.

Found my copy and it looks like being about 5 minutes long. I'm going on holidays again tomorrow but when I return I'll check it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-14 16:32 by silkcut1978_.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 030 - Five By Five Alive
Date: September 14, 2011 16:35

Five By Five Alive

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 030 - Five By Five Alive
Date: September 14, 2011 19:52

Is that version of Wild Horses from side A of Nasty Habits on a CD yet?
Its got the loudest slide part I've ever heard. I'm pitch correcting it now and so much comes out in there...anybody know?

Sounds like some Hammond B3 in the beginning too...I've not heard this version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-14 19:54 by Munichhilton.

Date: September 14, 2011 20:29

Britney
Tnx for Nasty Habits! Longest version of Separately I've heard.

Good catch.
I have multiple versions of this track all ranging from 2:30 to 3:20
This one clocks in at 4:22. And its the correct speed unlike Wild Horses and Brown Sugar.

The ONLY other place I have seen this version is on the Mickboy release "Dancing So Free" but there it has much more hiss than here.

Date: September 14, 2011 21:33

Munichhilton
Is that version of Wild Horses from side A of Nasty Habits on a CD yet?
Its got the loudest slide part I've ever heard. I'm pitch correcting it now and so much comes out in there...anybody know?

Sounds like some Hammond B3 in the beginning too...I've not heard this version.

It's on Megatracks vol. 1, which sounds like it's been copied from vinyl (maybe Nasty Habits?). It's also available on VGP 067 -Lonely At The Top/Nasty Habits and VGP 044 Some Like It Hot

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1314
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home