Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 18
Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 004 - Burning At The Hollywood Palladium 1972
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: August 9, 2011 18:37

ha ha

btw germans are worse, they sometimes take the worst austrians and make
them their chancelor. the rest is history..............

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 004 - Burning At The Hollywood Palladium 1972
Posted by: still ill ()
Date: August 9, 2011 18:58

Many thanks for uploading these smileys with beer

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: August 9, 2011 20:05

falo01
ha ha

Angela - she's really from Austria??? I'm sorry for this, never knew...what a shame:-)

Posted by: tjkrol ()
Date: August 9, 2011 20:13

Thanks!

FYI, TSITSTNL had SBEs. Easily fixed Trader's Little Helper.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: August 9, 2011 20:15

silkcut1978_
falo01
ha ha

Angela - she's really from Austria??? I'm sorry for this, never knew...what a shame:-)

ha ha, she is bad, very bad, but not THAT bad ;-)

Date: August 9, 2011 20:15

You're welcome tjkrol, but what's an SBE?

Posted by: tjkrol ()
Date: August 9, 2011 20:29

silkcut1978_
You're welcome tjkrol, but what's an SBE?

Sector boundary errors. Little microgaps added at the end of tracks by some programs. They will sometimes produce a little "pop" between tracks. Trader's Little Helper (free download) fixes them.

Hope this helps & thanks once again.

Date: August 9, 2011 20:46

Thanks for the info tjkrol!

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with "The Stars In The Sky They Never Lie"
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: August 9, 2011 21:06

Mathijs
Great job Silkcut, that Hampton vinyl is nice!

What would be great if someone could upload the old 'Paris Shuffle' bootleg, I believe with a picture of Bill Wyman on the front. It has two versions of Start Me Up unavailable anywhere else, and the best sounding Jah is Not Dead and acoustic Claudine, if memory serves.

Mathijs

Ahem, there is neither Start Me Up nor Claudine on this LP:

Side 1:
Jah Is Not Dead
Summer Romance
We Had It All
Little T&A

Side 2:
Dance
Where The Boys Go
Slave

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 005 - Out On Bail (Bonus single)
Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: August 10, 2011 01:05

thanx for that great Hollywood Paladium (GREAT performance)- in much better condition than mine which have a lots of small cracles. I think it was my first bootleg I bought in 1973 together with "Beautyful Delilah" (AWFULL crap -bad printing - and sounds like s---!)

thanx (and cheers)
Bo smileys with beer

oohh- just read your comments - it have never been played? That explain a lots!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-10 01:11 by hedegaard.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 006 - They Never Seem To Hear Even My Guitar
Date: August 10, 2011 15:24

next in line is a transfer of the studio-bootleg "They Never Seem To Hear Even My Guitar" - thanks for the hint Marko!

I have two versions of it:
1st edition, picture disc with cardboard sleeve, same pic on both sides of the disc, limited, # 40 of 50
2nd edition, picture disc without sleeve, pic on front is backed with the track-listing, limited, # 023 of 100

I've included pics of both editions in the upload.

Thanks to tjkrol from now on every upload will be corrected with Trader's Little Helper to avoid the SBE's.

Cheers
Thomas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-18 14:12 by silkcut1978_.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 006 - They Never Seem To Hear Even My Guitar
Posted by: marko ()
Date: August 10, 2011 15:36

Mate,please upload "Jah is not dead" too,as it is sort of part 2 for "they never seem...."

I can upload it too,but nearly finished remastering,sort of "had it with you" feeling over here.

BTW,i think "Udder show" is still on megaupload,by me smiling smiley

let me know if you need it,anyone?

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 007 Some Tattoos
Date: August 10, 2011 19:06

Next upload is a bootleg with 2 versions of Start Me Up and Billy Wyman on cover - Some Tattoos - Mathijs, is this maybe the one you were talking about?

Anyway, it start with my all-time favourite and ends with one their best unreleased songs, a nice listen. The SNL-rehearsal part is full of drop-outs as is the basic video which was used. But better than nothing.

Tops (take II)
Start Me Up (take II)
Start Me Up (take III)
Slave (take III)
-
Hang Fire (take III)
SNL Beast Of Burden
SNL Summer Romance
SNL Jam
Claudine (long version)

the take-infos are taken from the cover, don't know if they fit with Nico.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-18 14:14 by silkcut1978_.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 11, 2011 13:14

Thanks again for these long lost gems.

Would it be possible to include the vinylrips without any form of noise reduction? I'm curious to hear what the 'raw' source sounds like?

Date: August 11, 2011 13:57

I didn't keep the original rips so far - even the one I'm uploading right now. But for the future I'll upload both for those who care.

Date: August 11, 2011 15:36

silkcut1978_
I didn't keep the original rips so far - even the one I'm uploading right now. But for the future I'll upload both for those who care.

Thanks in advance for the effort Thomas. BTW I just posted DAC 121 for ya on Megaupload. My first Megaupload post so I hope it works.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 008 Unsearchable Stars - The Studio Years '68-'72
Date: August 11, 2011 15:46

Thanks a lot Britney ! :-)

Just in case you want some of the first 8 uploads as an unaltered rip just let me know. I'll find time to rip it again.

------------

CVBS 008 is an very early release of the Swingin' Pig label, before they went legal.
The track-listing is

All Down The Line / Hillside BLues / (I'm A) Highway Child / Family
Memo From Turner / Bent Green Needles (Sweet Black Angel) / I Ain't Signifying / Let It Loose (instr.) / Too Many Cooks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-18 14:15 by silkcut1978_.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 008 Unsearchable Stars - The Studio Years '68-'72
Date: August 11, 2011 16:24

silkcut1978_
Thanks a lot Britney ! :-)

Just in case you want some of the first 8 uploads as an unaltered rip just let me know. I'll find time to rip it again.

------------

CVBS 008 is an very early release of the Swingin' Pig label, before they went legal.
The track-listing is

All Down The Line / Hillside BLues / (I'm A) Highway Child / Family
Memo From Turner / Bent Green Needles (Sweet Black Angel) / I Ain't Signifying / Let It Loose (instr.) / Too Many Cooks

Thanks again for the generous offer Thomas. I suggest you concentrate on finishing the remaining vinyls. After that I might ask for the unaltered rip of the first eight uploads.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: August 11, 2011 18:03

You are a great inspiration. I am moving my LPs from storage this weekend and perhaps should join in your endeavor. I have 100+ different Rolling Stones titles from live shows on vinyl, almost all of them from 1968-1975.

I am not very tech-savvy, though, so it may take awhile.

[Edited to clarify that the titles I have are "live shows"]

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-11 18:05 by misterfrias.

Date: August 11, 2011 20:03

@ misterfrias: cool, I have about 600+/- bootlegs LPs and around 100 7inch but I still miss quite a lot. Only two weeks ago I bought American Compendium - an LP I first heard about around 1978. Finally, after 30+ years I found it in a record-store in Berlin. I'm still looking for titles like "New York Tour 1978", "The Stars In The Sky They Never Fall", "Beware Of Tumbling Dice" - only to name a few, and for a few original TMoQ-releases on splashed vinyl.

@ Britney: first of all, thanks again for the DAC-upload ! :-) Please see above - it will take me some time to rip each and everything I have, so you better ask now or I hope you're a VERY patient guy ;-)

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 11, 2011 21:43

A year ago or so I read something about a 3-vinyl set red/white and blue.
I happen to have this ripped on CD called "1975 Tour of The Americas"
What sticks in my mind is that one of these 3 vinyls was very hard to find, if not unavailable.

At request I consider uploading this set (as a final post for at least a month due to my holliday-trip and my doughters wedding wich keeps me very busy)
I don't have the art digitaly but hope my scanner still can provide.

Date: August 11, 2011 22:17

stonesmuziekfan
A year ago or so I read something about a 3-vinyl set red/white and blue.
I happen to have this ripped on CD called "1975 Tour of The Americas"
What sticks in my mind is that one of these 3 vinyls was very hard to find, if not unavailable.

At request I consider uploading this set (as a final post for at least a month due to my holliday-trip and my doughters wedding wich keeps me very busy)
I don't have the art digitaly but hope my scanner still can provide.

It took me ages to finally get this set and it's only 2 years that I bought it on Ebay. A wonderful item, first seen in 1977 but had not enough money back then and all 3 LPs already as single-discs. But I'd say that the original releases of Who Went To Church", "Charlie Watts & His Fabolous RS" & "1975 Nervous Breakdown" would be my choice to transfer, as they are on black vinyl, which always sounds better compared to the colored one. But anyway, this box-set is in my top-five listing for the way it looks and maybe because I spent decades to hunt it down..

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: August 11, 2011 23:31

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for all this great stuff - a labour of love and much effort smileys with beer

Cheers

Date: August 12, 2011 11:36

silkcut1978_
@ Britney: first of all, thanks again for the DAC-upload ! :-) Please see above - it will take me some time to rip each and everything I have, so you better ask now or I hope you're a VERY patient guy ;-)

My pleasure Thomas. The least I could do in return for your tireless effort of sharing great stuff here and on Dime through the years.

If you can find the time an unaltered rip of the following volumes would be appreciated.

CVBS 003 - Happy Birthday Charlie (RSVP 004 - Ruthless Rhymes labels - Cologne 1976)
CVBS 005 - Out On Bail (Bonus 45 only - Lurch - NJ & Philadelphia 1978)
CVBS 007 - Some Tattoos (Geier Recorzz - late 70s outs + SNL reh.)

And yes I can be very patient.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 003 - Happy Birthday Charlie
Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: August 12, 2011 16:18

barbabang
I have the Paris Shuffle Album Mathijs, but for now it is 'on loan' at fellow member gimme_shelter. Nice record but it needs pitch correcting (too slow) if i remember correctly.

It's been on loan for a couple of years nowwinking smiley
Will try to make a needledrop, but don't know if it'll work out.....

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 009 Reggae'n'Roll 2
Date: August 12, 2011 17:55

updated with CVBS 009 - Reggae'n'Roll 2
-
a great LP when it was released with quite a few new tracks on it, but in the last 30 years all this stuff has been released over and over again

Rock'n'Roll Jam / Fiji Jim / Munich Hilton / I Can't Help It / When She Held Me Tight
Hang Fire / Shattered I & II / Do You Think I Really Care / A Different Kind

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-18 14:17 by silkcut1978_.

Date: August 12, 2011 19:25

by the way, what does CVBS mean

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 12, 2011 19:50

stonesmuziekfan
by the way, what does CVBS mean

= Classic Vinyl Bootlegs Series

At least I think so Jaap!

Thanks Thomas for all your work, now doubled!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-12 19:54 by Quique-stone.

Date: August 12, 2011 20:03

Ofcourse, like the name of the thread,
do I still have to point out how clever I am
confused smiley

Date: August 13, 2011 14:20

silkcut1978_
updated with CVBS 009 - Reggae'n'Roll 2
-
a great LP when it was released with quite a few new tracks on it, but in the last 30 years all this stuff has been released over and over again

Rock'n'Roll Jam / Fiji Jim / Munich Hilton / I Can't Help It / When She Held Me Tight
Hang Fire / Shattered I & II / Do You Think I Really Care / A Different Kind

Thanks again Silk! For those who don't know: 'Rock 'n' Roll Jam' is a snippet of the Rotterdam 1973 rehearsals.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home