Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 86
Re: Add photos of your rarities....
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: March 18, 2009 13:31

Glad to help out..thanks for posting that. NICE....I wonder who the other two madmen were...

Best,

JR

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: March 18, 2009 13:41

Here's Eddie's TOTA pass. Signed by Peter Rudge. I know Eddie recorded Cleveland, I believe that's when he was issued this.

Date: March 18, 2009 14:08

Stone-relics, have you seen many of these? Through The Past darkly on London Records, USA. Instead of a "mis-print" I guess this would be listed under "mis-cut"...I bought this 25 years ago at a shop in Ohio, never opened it.

Date: March 18, 2009 14:20

A couple Marianne original 1960's LP's on orange and red vinyl from somewhere in Asia. I can't read the language, no English anywhere but the front cover.

Date: March 18, 2009 14:31

Always liked this late 1960's LP. It's a promo LP from the ATV Music Group who were (are?) the publishers of all of the songs on this record. So you've got The Rolling Stones doing "She Said Yeah" on the same LP that The Beatles are doing "Dizzy Miss Lizzy" and Elvis doing "Lawdy Miss Clawdy", Cooke, Holly, etc.

Date: March 18, 2009 14:39

Here's an LP entitled "The Master Muscians of Jajouka" that has NO Brian Jones on it, however he is mentioned a bit in the insert. Adelphi Records, USA, 1974.

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: March 18, 2009 14:47

Great stuff souldoggie, especially the Marianne Acetate.

Andreas

Date: March 18, 2009 15:05

Thanks arc-angel. Here's a 7" 33 1/3 United Artists radio spot promo promoting the film, "Coming Home". Jumping Jack Flash, Sympathy, and No Expectations.

Date: March 18, 2009 15:09

Soudoggie,

Yes, I have a few copies. Not super rare, but pretty rare. Also, Canadian copies exist....

Nice other photos. I love that Adelphi Records Joujouka.....Never seen that one. I have quite a few of the Local Virginia bands on that label, The Rockin Rev., Nighthawks, Skip Castro, Allstars, etc.

JR

Date: March 18, 2009 15:10

Dance Little Sister test pressing. Or as it is handwritten on this 45, "Dance...". date stamped Oct 29, 1974.

Date: March 18, 2009 15:14

One more and I have to get to work. Max and Keith.

Date: March 18, 2009 15:47

souldoggie
One more and I have to get to work. Max and Keith.

Great stuff souldoggie. This one is really hard to find ... especially with the original 7inch promo envelope.
Here is mine 7inch promo together with the long player from Max Romeo and the poster, mentioned on the sticker.

Andreas

Date: March 18, 2009 16:06

souldoggie
Here's an LP entitled "The Master Muscians of Jajouka" that has NO Brian Jones on it, however he is mentioned a bit in the insert. Adelphi Records, USA, 1974.

Inspired by Souldoggie....

Here is a Jajouka CD from 1992. Brian and the Stones (remember Steel Wheels - Continental Drift) are mentioned in the text.

and here is just another "oddity". Keith's sister-in-law, Marsha Hansen, released a book "Soul Whitness" years ago with a CD, featuring also Keith playing Guitar. as the name says ... spirtual songs.

Andreas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-18 16:07 by arc-angel.

Date: March 18, 2009 16:39

Nice stuff arc-angel, and thanks for the cudo's. I have nearly all the stuff you just put up. I have several of those Max 45's, but only one promo envelope. I'll have to dig and find that thing, I forgot about it. I don't have that 1992 Jajouka CD, very cool.

Date: March 18, 2009 21:11

One sided T.A.M.I. show, radio spots.

Two different test presses of Brown Sugar, and -1 promo with Bitch on B-side. Most, front right in photo, have mono and stereo versions of Brown Sugar.

Rare Wild Horses Stereo promo. One side short stereo, one side full version.

Tumbling Dice Test press.

Happy / All Down the Line Stereo....Most are mono

Angie / Aint to Proud to Beg Test presses.

Angie, Fool to Cry, Heartbreaker test presses; rare Fool To Cry bw/ Crazy Mama promo...most are single song promos, one side mono, other side stereo...

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: March 18, 2009 22:07

stone-relics
I love that Adelphi Records Joujouka.....Never seen that one. I have quite a few of the Local Virginia bands on that label, The Rockin Rev., Nighthawks, Skip Castro, Allstars, etc.

JR

Also got the Rosslyn Mountain Boys?

The guy who owns Taxim Records over here in Germany is their Number One fan.
Me, I'm not so sure.

Date: March 18, 2009 22:16

There ok, but a little to trad country for me. Recently saw them....check out the line up...Nighthawks, too, but for some reason, not on the ticket...

JR

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 18, 2009 22:23

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-13 19:35 by UrbanSteel.

Date: March 18, 2009 22:48

Nice one Urban...hadnt seen that before!

Best,

JR

Date: March 18, 2009 22:57

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-13 19:39 by UrbanSteel.

Date: March 19, 2009 01:21

UrbanSteel
stone-relics
Nice one Urban...hadnt seen that before!

Best,

JR

Thanks , there is so much more in the promo cd/acetate world , but i can't show it , because some members from this board have complained by my supplier , and he has asked me not to post the most of my items , to protect him supplier's because they can loose there job .

No worries, mate...no worries....same with me and my tape collection....cant even mention, or add to my list some of the stuff I have...

Keep on collecting!!!!

JR

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 19, 2009 01:53

Urbansteel, you really have done a magnificent job on the promo CD category.

When I started collecting someone far wiser than I told me to pick a category and stick to it. Of course I stupidly ignored them and if the insurance premiums don't break me the storage costs will :-)

I am over faced by very little but as a collector the enormous quantity of promo CD variations drives me insane! It is easy to appreciate how it would be impossible to complete a collection of every concert poster but CD's appear possible! (I wish). To illustrate the point here is just some of the Jagger promos for Alfie and Goddess in the Doorway.

Whatever you collect! Enjoy :-)

Date: March 19, 2009 02:40

YES! Thats the beauty of it ALL...KEEP ON COLLECTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The whole point of the thread....

ROCK THE FREAK ON!

JR

Date: March 19, 2009 12:59

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-13 19:36 by UrbanSteel.

Date: March 20, 2009 12:24

(For the Faces collectors)

... just acquired some new faces (Oh La La) promo items I've never seen before ...

... a gimmick promo card (5inch x 5 inch) ... by squeezing top of the card down the Face changes eye and mouth like the LP gimmick cover ...,

... an a Faces promo postcard (very small one), look to Ronnie's face

Andreas

Date: March 20, 2009 13:19

Andreas, the mini album cover is one of the coolest faces promo items for sure. I have loads of the postcards but the mini covers are really tough to find. I gave one of the mini covers to you know who and he thought it was awesome!

There is a motorised store display of the album cover too but I have never found one in a decent condition.

Not sure if I posted this yet but it's a pretty cool Faces poster (IMHO). I am very happy to keep posting Faces stuff if it's allowed :-)

Date: March 20, 2009 13:32

mattleeuk
Andreas, the mini album cover is one of the coolest faces promo items for sure. I have loads of the postcards but the mini covers are really tough to find. I gave one of the mini covers to you know who and he thought it was awesome!

There is a motorised store display of the album cover too but I have never found one in a decent condition.

Not sure if I posted this yet but it's a pretty cool Faces poster (IMHO). I am very happy to keep posting Faces stuff if it's allowed :-)

Thanks Matt, the motorised store display is also new to me, but sounds interesting. Do you know also the First Step US promo box (probably you own it :-), I just await it currently coming with the post ...

Really nice poster, not yet posted, but you sent it to me, when you came back from US last year with two other great posters (the one with the drawn puppets -war memorial Syracuse) is my favourite image ...

Andreas

Date: March 20, 2009 13:45

Andreas, I thought it would be you that won the promo box :-)... a very cool item indeed and only the fourth one I have seen. I bought all the previous three I have found of which I have kept two and given one to the obvious person.

You got the recent one for a great price. From the contents list it looks like it is missing the scissors and a silver button but the scissors are generic and the button is a pretty boring design, you can see it in the picture below. (still a great price for a very rare item).

Date: March 20, 2009 13:47

Here is the War Memorial concert poster.....

Date: March 20, 2009 13:51

mattleeuk
Andreas, I thought it would be you that won the promo box :-)... a very cool item indeed and only the fourth one I have seen. I bought all the previous three I have found of which I have kept two and given one to the obvious person.

You got the recent one for a great price. From the contents list it looks like it is missing the scissors and a silver button but the scissors are generic and the button is a pretty boring design, you can see it in the picture below. (still a great price for a very rare item).

Thanks Matt ... Yes, you're right, I took the chance.
Indeed only the scissors and the silver button are missing (that's why I waited for a day, awaiting the answer from the seller), but all remaining things are there and the box is so rare, that I could'nt resist (and at least for USD 250) ... and I'm happy !

btw. I'm curious, what's written on the button ?

Andreas

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home