Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 86
Re: Add photos of your rarities....
Posted by: dominguez14 ()
Date: March 26, 2009 17:30

how do i upload pictures on here, not from url, by the way people, im selling photos of the rolling stones mybe unseen i dont know, but im starting a website soon an selling copys,

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 26, 2009 17:59

arc-angel
stone-relics
Keef and Wino's #'d UK vinyl edition of Live at the Hollywood Paladium....one of 5000 made...

... mine is number 520 ... (it's funny, because I really forgot that this one is a limited numbered edition and at least your post let me check it :-)

Andreas

I also checked mine. I noticed that the sleeve was made in UK but there's some German language in small writing on the bottom of the record label, is it also like that on your copies?

Shame they didn't include Rockawhile on the vinyl edition. I never understood why.

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: March 26, 2009 18:50

Guðni Gunnarsson
arc-angel
stone-relics
Keef and Wino's #'d UK vinyl edition of Live at the Hollywood Paladium....one of 5000 made...

... mine is number 520 ... (it's funny, because I really forgot that this one is a limited numbered edition and at least your post let me check it :-)

Andreas

I also checked mine. I noticed that the sleeve was made in UK but there's some German language in small writing on the bottom of the record label, is it also like that on your copies?

Shame they didn't include Rockawhile on the vinyl edition. I never understood why.

yes ... german and english on the bottom of the label and also a GEMA sign is there. I assume that the record is produced in one of the german pressing plants and maybe the sleeve comes from the UK ?!

So, now I put this record on the player .... and indeed Rockawhile is missing (what a great song). I think it's always a "dilemma" what to delete from the play list for a vinyl edition (there's hence not so much running time for a two sided record as for a CD smiling smiley, when they do not release a double record set (what is probably too expensive)!?

Andreas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-26 19:09 by arc-angel.

Date: March 26, 2009 19:07

And here a record I searched for many years, but due to a good contact to an israel collector I could get this one. A rare Israel Mono first pressing of the Debut album in great shape. I aquired it a couple of days ago and I'm happy. Now this one fills a gap in my debut album collection and the hunt continues for an indian one (if it really exist).

For the 'hard core' collectors:
Matrix is XARL 6271-1A / XARL 6272-4A (so the same matrices as one of the UK pressings)

Andreas

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: March 26, 2009 19:10

Congrats, Andreas! You got it.

Best,

JR

Date: March 26, 2009 19:19

stone-relics
Congrats, Andreas! You got it.

Best,

JR
Thanks JR ... and there's still so much great stuff out there ....
Andreas

Date: March 26, 2009 20:27

... and now something completely different ... (caught 2007 in Frankfurt directly from Keith)

Andreas

Date: March 26, 2009 21:11

JJHMick
Stone-relics, I have the multi-coloured WTNY. Once, a German person you certainly know has been at my place before we went to see Bill Wyman in my hometown. He looked at my record collection, put out this, put out that and - before drawing out the record - he could identify it by saying something like "No. 257? That is yellow with velvet stripes and orange moons on the vinyl".

Does it look like this?

JR

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: March 26, 2009 21:37

No, my NYC 1972 is the 1989 Swingin' Pig Edition (TSP 038). Actually Swingin' Pig were for a few years semi-legal in the European Union because they were produced in Luxemburg.
Once it was rumoured that Atlantic City sold about 75,000 copies in Germany then and therefore should have been in the charts at least for some weeks but were only not listed because the record company was no official one.
Up the thread you're discussing Keith's Hollywood Palladium. On all issues something was missing. You only got the entire concert buying the official long player plus the official video plus the Swingin' Pig record...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 26, 2009 21:47

arc-angel
Guðni Gunnarsson
arc-angel
stone-relics

Andreas

yes ... german and english on the bottom of the label and also a GEMA sign is there. I assume that the record is produced in one of the german pressing plants and maybe the sleeve comes from the UK ?!

So, now I put this record on the player .... and indeed Rockawhile is missing (what a great song). I think it's always a "dilemma" what to delete from the play list for a vinyl edition (there's hence not so much running time for a two sided record as for a CD smiling smiley, when they do not release a double record set (what is probably too expensive)!?

Andreas

Yes, thanks for clearing it out. It's the only press I've seen so far. I think this record is a good example of how week vinyl records were actually getting at this point. Although the inner sleeve is very cool.

It also reminds me of the Main Offender vinyl release with that weird looking Virgin label. I guess we're just lucky there is a vinyl edition of these at all.

...almost forgot Mick's Wandering Spirit which I have only found as a German pressing.

Date: March 26, 2009 21:48

mattleeuk
Here is the War Memorial concert poster.....

That is so cool! Are you from Syracuse as well?

Date: March 26, 2009 22:01

Syracuse,

Matt is in the UK....big time faces collector.

JR

Date: March 26, 2009 22:03

Here is a K&S San Diego '69, aka, Stoneaged..

JR

Date: March 26, 2009 22:14

These are a 1966 set of record store US 7" single divider cards, from London..Note London logo AND order number on each one....

JR

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 27, 2009 09:03

stone-relics
Syracuse,
JR

JR, Not strictly true as I am actually in NYC at the moment (so not that far from Syracuse). Only a quick trip in and out to catch up with some paper dealers at the Beatlefest (boo hiss). I have been to the fest every year for 10 years purely as an observer and handbill / poster hunter! I was gutted last year Ronnie showed up at the convention hotel the night I arrived and was crashed out.

SyracuseStonesFan, otherwise JR is right. I am British and live in London. As well as the Stones I also collect The Faces and The Birds (British Birds) based on the Ronnie connection. The Syracuse poster is definately one of the coolest individual concert date posters I have ever seen for the Faces.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-27 09:08 by mattleeuk.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 27, 2009 09:31

Hey Matt, how difficult is it to find STEEL WHEELS socks??

Date: March 27, 2009 10:29

mattleeuk
stone-relics
Syracuse,
JR

JR, Not strictly true as I am actually in NYC at the moment (so not that far from Syracuse). Only a quick trip in and out to catch up with some paper dealers at the Beatlefest (boo hiss). I have been to the fest every year for 10 years purely as an observer and handbill / poster hunter! I was gutted last year Ronnie showed up at the convention hotel the night I arrived and was crashed out.

SyracuseStonesFan, otherwise JR is right. I am British and live in London. As well as the Stones I also collect The Faces and The Birds (British Birds) based on the Ronnie connection. The Syracuse poster is definately one of the coolest individual concert date posters I have ever seen for the Faces.

So, "happy hunting" Matt!
ANdreas

Date: March 27, 2009 11:27

Here another rare MONO testpressing. It's 12x5 (inspired by JR with his amazing Mono and Stereo UK export prototype covers) tespressing for the never released digital remastered version LKD 4661 MONO. This has a test slick and nice testpressing labels.

Andreas

Date: March 27, 2009 12:11

A really nice Mick Jagger promo item. A promo clock for the "She's The Boss" album from 1985. (it's small and measures only 38 x 38 x 40 mm)

Andreas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-27 12:14 by arc-angel.

Date: March 27, 2009 16:52

I received this in today's mail, Hadnt seen it before. Anybody know anything about it...Looks like its from 1982...perhaps some sort of Video Rewind promo....numbered edition. This is #156.

Thanks,

JR

Date: March 27, 2009 17:19

stone-relics
I received this in today's mail, Hadnt seen it before. Anybody know anything about it...Looks like its from 1982...perhaps some sort of Video Rewind promo....numbered edition. This is #156.

Thanks,

JR

This is pretty cool, never seen before...

... and spontaneously this comes in my mind ...

Let's drink to the hard working people
Let's drink to the lowly of birth
Raise your glass cup to the good and the evil
Let's drink to the salt of the earth ...

Andreas

Date: March 27, 2009 17:40

Good one, Andreas!

Or....

Gimme little drink, from your lovin' cup...
just one drink, and I fall down drunk...

JR

Date: March 27, 2009 20:47

mattleeuk
stone-relics
Syracuse,
JR

Matt - very cool. Great poster - I really liked seeing it. I have a concert poster from when the Stones played the Carrier Dome (syracuse) in 1981. It was actually the first event to take place at that newly constructed facility, so a cool bit of local Stones history. Thanks for the msg.

Date: March 27, 2009 21:04

Letter from Stones UK Fan Club, 1966 from Annabelle, included with the rare fan club pic sleeve for Paint it Black. Note, NO LONDON LOGO on sleeve, and also note that the sleeve was folded (top of sleeve, just below the title), from being placed in a Legal size envelope for mailing back to the states.

JR

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 27, 2009 22:16

It's not a "rarity"....at least not compared to the obscure items in this thread...but since we're talking about "what we recieved per mail today".....
I got this one - the Japanese Goats Head Soup, thanks to CC's advise a few months ago. Looks absolutely unplayed....it's the 6th GHS vinyl I have, even though I'm no "collector". Probably the best sounding one of the lot....haven't compared closely yet - but sounds just excellent

Only have to find a mint Japanese IORR now - and then I'm settled for retirement

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: March 27, 2009 23:47

Erik, received per mail today - my first mustache-cover - thank you my friend! smiling smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 28, 2009 00:15

Hey Silkcut - it's just a pleasure for me to contribute to your great 7" site.
I'll send the paper-razors next week...promise!

Date: March 28, 2009 20:45

Rare early '80s re-issue 5x5 ep, ALL tracks in True Stereo!

JR

Date: March 28, 2009 20:51

Have You Seen Your Mother, LIVE...UK Test pressing---Only UK mono I have ever seen.

JR

Date: March 28, 2009 21:06

Big Hits (High Tide...) UK testpressing (named as hits compilation)

Andreas

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1380
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home