Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 27
Re: Shine a Light - The Movie
Posted by: django ()
Date: February 7, 2008 23:29

That was a fantastic report on 3Sat tonight. Over 90 minutes live from
the Berlinale. You could call it "An evening with the Rolling Stones".
Twenty minutes red carpet, interviews, press conference and finally
the band and Scorsese live on the stage of the cinema, MJ and MS
holding a speech. Great!

Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: February 7, 2008 23:35

Thanks for all great information and all great pictures thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-08 13:24 by Harlix.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: February 7, 2008 23:36

first time for a long time Keith is in better shape than Mick IMO

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: February 8, 2008 00:25

I dont know if somebody posted here before, if so, sorry , but its just a very small glimpse of the press conference, I hope that more footage will follow

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 8, 2008 00:30

Baboon Bro
CindyC
Mick doesn't seem to be enjoying himself very much in these photos. I wonder why. The thread is getting too big for me to read every post since i'm sneaking peeks here from work.

I wonder if he is not feeling very well, or if he just is being cautious being in public (usually he seems to love that sort of thing, so it's weird)

I saw it all. I know why the moody looks. People shouted "Keef!" "Keef!"
all the time. He didnt look too comfortable with that.

Moody looks? Jealousy? If that's indeed the case ... well, Jagger is not known for being all too fan-friendly ... and that strikes back in these moments when everybody shouts "Keef! Keef!".

Not that he is exactly unfriendly to fans, but he usually does not devote more than 2 or 3 seconds and always seems a bit uninterested and distant...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 8, 2008 00:34

Thanks for the press conference clip, Riffbuck.
Is there a separate thread for reviews of the film yet? <Going to look further>

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: February 8, 2008 00:38

I can't catch up with this thread so I ask,is there any videos I can watch or download with the Stones talking or on the red carpet/?

Posted by: donvito27 ()
Date: February 8, 2008 00:38

thats just amazing!they all look great to me specially Keef, and thats a good sign smiling smiley

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 8, 2008 00:42

Good to see them ....thanks!smileys with beer

Posted by: Jon Lasa ()
Date: February 8, 2008 01:06

Hi all.

Thank you so much for your great pics of a such a historic day!

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: February 8, 2008 01:09

I think they look great, especially Ronnie. Compare the pics of today with pics of Ronnie taken during the VL tour 94/95 - he hasn't changed! German TV stations are full of this event - never seen so much Stones footage on German TV. One of the reporters said that Mick was asked if they are going to tour again and he said "Yes". Anyone else heard this or can confirm this?

Date: February 8, 2008 01:40

just got back from the first public viewing for non-VIPs
awesome movie
-great pictures
-raw sound
-i bet the gala showing was not that loud which means lesser enjoyable in
favour of the elder
-guitars very upfront in the mix
-best "Some girls"
-worst "Lovin' cup"
I can hardly wait for the soundtrack being released

Michael

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 8, 2008 02:30

First fan reviews are in :

From paulywaul, who was at the first public screening this evening

Setlist was - JJF/Shattered/She was hot/all down the line/ loving cup/as tears Go by/Some Girls/Just My Imagination/Far Away Eyes/Champagne & Reefer/Tumbling Dice/You Got The Silver/Connection/Sympathy/Live With Me/Start Me Up/Brown Sugar/Satisfaction (Note - he didnt mention 'Shine a light', which is played over the end credits)

"Cinematography - absolutely A1. Scorsese captured the irreverence of the individual Stones perfectly. First 15-20 minutes before they hit the stage - lots of chaos and various clips - priceless. All in all, 8.5 out of 10."

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 8, 2008 02:35

Gazza

Setlist was - JJF/Shattered/She was hot/all down the line/ loving cup/as tears Go by/Some Girls/Just My Imagination/Far Away Eyes/Champagne & Reefer/Tumbling Dice/You Got The Silver/Connection/Sympathy/Live With Me/Start Me Up/Brown Sugar/Satisfaction (Note - he didnt mention 'Shine a light', which is played over the end credits)

"Cinematography - absolutely A1. Scorsese captured the irreverence of the individual Stones perfectly. First 15-20 minutes before they hit the stage - lots of chaos and various clips - priceless. All in all, 8.5 out of 10."

8.5 out of 10? That guy wasn't very impressed, or is he a tough critic?

- Doxa

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: February 8, 2008 02:36

From the Drudge Report:

[www.variety.com]

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: February 8, 2008 02:50

The guy on a pic on page 11 wearing a hat with feathers and tongues attached, he was interviewed for the late night news broadcast on a Danish TV station tonight. Isn't he a member of this board?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 8, 2008 02:55

Sohoe
The guy on a pic on page 11 wearing a hat with feathers and tongues attached, he was interviewed for the late night news broadcast on a Danish TV station tonight. Isn't he a member of this board?

I think that might have been Voodoo Hat?

The boys look good. Good enough to tour.....Cone on guys,just a couple shows.smiling bouncing smiley

I'm suddenly jonesing for a Stones show.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: February 8, 2008 03:12

GOD HOW I LOVE THE STONES (2)!!!!!

Date: February 8, 2008 03:35

<<I think that might have been Voodoo Hat?>>

I see. Thanks SCL

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 8, 2008 03:36

Doxa
Gazza

8.5 out of 10? That guy wasn't very impressed, or is he a tough critic?

- Doxa

what were you expecting..a perfect 10?

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: February 8, 2008 03:39

from the Variety link LSTNT posted:

"As the band’s concerts always have been, “Shine a Light” is mostly a Mick Jagger show, as a battery of great cinematographers (under the eye of lead d.p. Robert Richardson) keeps its cameras trained on him as he cavorts around the stage and penetrates the audience courtesy of a thrust platform; drummer Charlie Watts, guitarist Ronnie Wood and especially Keith Richards warrant occasional cutaways, as do the numerous side musicians, but the star is the star."

_________

it was a good review, and much longer than this extracted paragraph above, but this graph annoyed me a little. certainly Mick is the frontman and uber fascinating, entertaining, he IS 'all that' after all; an absolute wonder...but the "occasional cutaways"" that are mentioned of the other Stones and the 'numerous side musicians' is a bit of a flag for me; the talk about the film from scorscese promised concentrating on the relationship of the band working together, certainly something L&G and Gimme Shelter did mostly not bother with at all.

of course i will see the film as soon as it's available in the states; very much still looking forward to it with tons of excitement; i'm not pre-reviewing a film i haven't seen, but was hoping it would not be too much the 'mick jagger show,' or very 'cutaway,' especially "occasional " cutaways, being an equal fan of the other stones. it's hard to tell from a single review but that caught my eye, like...ummmmmm, okayyy...

one hopes, what with the tightness of the stage that we'll see plenty of band interaction, which is what particularly fascinates me, instead of marty falling in love with mick and giving us x rays of his teeth...we'll see. i am guessing it will be most excellent and am real excited.
Looking very forward to more reviews from the actual fans who saw it today for comments here!

very happy that they just spend twenty minutes on build up and then get right to the actual concert; so kudos to marty for not 'explaining' it all with the usual revisionist history and promo politics) rather than delivering the musical goods; but sure hope i'll be getting plenty of charlie, keith and ron. i am still thinking it will probably be very, very good. even a little stones is very very appreciated, but just sayin'...

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: February 8, 2008 03:42

What does POTC mean? Regarding the ring on Keith's hand?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 8, 2008 03:43

Back from the freezing long wait at the red carpet and then the movie
SHINE A LIGHT
with Beast, Paulywaul, With Sssoul and PiotrRSpl
it was great to meet you

This movie will be a treasure chest when it comes out on DVD!
one you can rewind and shuttle for repeated sequences.

It has quite a few hilarious moments right from the start.
Marty and the setlist - was a story told in a repeating, slapstick kind of a way. very funny and entertaining - not only for Stones fans.
The songs that Pauly posted where all played out - except one!
Connection - it was butchered with interview cuts inbetween - ouch^^
With Sssoul will have something serious to say about that - stay tuned.

The sound was a bit strange sometimes.
it was moving all the time. the guitars, when in picture, really jumped out at ya.
sometimes very good, other times a bit strange.
I don't know if it was the cinema's fault or if it's actually mixed like that (I'm not a fan of suround sound) I guess I can tell tomorrow, after seeing it at another cinema.
According to Martin Scorsese at the press conference, no overdubs were done and I couldn't hear any from this first experience.
if anything had to be done it was through the audio-mix.

the musical highlights for me were Far Away Eyes and Champagne & Reefer**** absolutely stunning, but don't worry, the others ain't far off.

About "The blond hired bimbos" ....well, if it hadn't been talked about earlier, no one woulda noticed. nothing to get ones knickers in a twist.
my opinion o'course.

...and I'm pretty tired

hmmm - I didn't mention...

The Rolling Stones kick some serious ass!

lots of candy in the movie for the insiders.

...what a beautieful buzz

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-08 15:25 by open-g.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 8, 2008 03:47

Thanks to_rolling-stoned, paulywaul (through gazza) and open-g!

I am really curious now to see it. I wonder it will sound strange
in spots or what.

Date: February 8, 2008 03:53

Thanks open-g!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 8, 2008 04:28

rocks off
What does POTC mean? Regarding the ring on Keith's hand?

Pirates Of The Carribean,the movie Keith was in.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 8, 2008 04:34

Who is Pjotr?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 8, 2008 05:02

What? What kind of question is that? What is Mick doing with his mouth open in every picture? EVERY picture? Certainly not EVERY one - a lot of them. He's obviously...being Mick. Like that photo shoot for Licks when he was bellowing AHHHHH YEAHHHH AHHHHH etc....

HAVING A GOOD TIME? WELL ALL RIGHT!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 8, 2008 08:50

JumpingKentFlash]
Denmark sucks at football right now.

Oh, but you´re the best at handball!

But only in Europe! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-08 09:02 by TooTough.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 8, 2008 09:05

When Dieter Kosslick, the chief of the whole thing, came onstage with
an old suitcase, Keith said: "I hope the thing doesn´t blow off! Harharhar!" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home