Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 70
Re: The official IORR T-shirt
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: January 25, 2007 03:04

iorr.org
but of course.

and nice pictorial graphics of the band, however peeps would agree on what looks cool.
this thread is starting to be like that scorcese/decaprio/daniel day lewis film, only written by kafka and directed by fellini. or what was that charlie chaplin film with the balloon...
i mean the little arguments about text and such, no disprect at all, quite the opposite to all the wonderful and flexible desginers and artists who are contributing such really excellent looking creations...

how about a real large "PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE MAGAZINE!!" on the back...
does the site need magazine subscribers? just say so because i'll subscribe...i should have probably done that by now anyway...
what exactly is this shirt saying or promoting at this point in time anyway?
i thought it was something to do with iorr.org where we all are and from which, and onto which, tralala first came up with the idea.
if the webmaster wants others to subscribe to the mag, it might be a good idea to let them know that this is a website.?
if the shirt dosen't mention the website, what are we celebrating...
the european 2007 tour (i hope it takes place!!!) or the 'official' iorr.org fan forum? or the related publication?
if it says iorr.org, people will remember and then they'll get here and see everything...IF that is the intent of the shirt in the first place...or one of the side aspects...i don't even know anymore...
i'm wearing my mozart sweatshirt and boxer shorts right now...
and feel so freeeee....

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: January 25, 2007 03:07

!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-25 14:58 by Lukester.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 25, 2007 03:07

I want a forbidden shirt.....Bootleg years we want!!!(sic)

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 25, 2007 03:08

thanks Beelyboy now i'm on the page before.
btw nice saying i won't react on this shirt anymore if it's ok I buy one

Date: January 25, 2007 03:23

With that Fckng org

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 25, 2007 03:37

NICOS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With that Fckng org
>
> [i65.photobucket.com]
> nicos1.jpg

I don't think the shirt should be black.

Date: January 25, 2007 03:45

Paint it black Paint it black you devil

Your right schillid, i just wait what it will be ..............

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: January 25, 2007 03:46

schillid Wrote:
> NICOS Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > With that Fckng org
> >
> >
> [i65.photobucket.com]
>
> > nicos1.jpg
>
>
> I don't think the shirt should be black.

Why? What's the designers big change here? I think it should be black,the way the original color scheme was,with the text IORR. You know what like bv said we can do our own thing, i can have these done in a heart beat maybe two weeks max. Thank's for the idea schillid i'm doing my own from that design screw all this BS. Good luck. I have to order by the dozen thogh maybe i'll let a few go to some people here or i'll just give um to my friends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-25 03:51 by stonesfrk.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 25, 2007 03:55

What's your favorite color?

yeah, I know...

Posted by: KWhinos ()
Date: January 25, 2007 04:04

I really want a couple of abletts new designs.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 25, 2007 04:34

There is absolutely no way you can get a unanimous decisionon what a shirt should look like or say. But there is a simple solution to the problem. If you don't like it, DON'T buy IT.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-25 04:35 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: January 25, 2007 07:00

Amen.

And the queen is bravely shouting,
"What the hell is going on?"

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: January 25, 2007 07:38

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
> There is absolutely no way you can get a unanimous
> decisionon what a shirt should look like or say.
> But there is a simple solution to the problem. If
> you don't like it, DON't buy it. Hey sweetcharmedlife, you sound like a genius,contradicting yourself. There is no way you can get a unaimous decision what a shirt should look like or say. that mean's no shirt? Then you say if you don't like it don't buy it, how are you going to buy a shirt that you say can't be decided upon. Youe absolutly brillant. That's why i'm making my own. I really did'nt think that through that some one said on an earlier post that these stones fan's are fool's it's back about 20 pages. This is sad sad sad. But there are a handful of good one's out there here you know who you are. Maybe i'm being a little harsh watching Simon eat people up tonight on American idle. But this is getting ridiculous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-25 07:43 by stonesfrk.

Posted by: Jon Lasa ()
Date: January 25, 2007 09:47

Hi all.

I like the design
but
I would add a small red tongue
on one side.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: January 25, 2007 09:50

I can't agree with the statement that the shirt leeds people to the site. Do not overrate the amount of thought anyone spends at anytime to a multicoloured series of letters with all kinds of shades, AND conclude that it could perhaps be something that is in any way connected to a place on the internet, especially when it is showed at a concert. Branding or no branding, no matter how many important organisations have websites, I do not believe for a second that it works out like that.

No harm intended: I think the Schillid-design has been a great concept for a long time, I've worked hard myself to think about how to make the design fit the single-colour print-on-coloured shirt-demands of that moment just to help it happen, but yesterday Ablett posted a design that in my opninion is even better than the Schillid design, and has more possibilities to get any message across. It is a very mature design, in the sense that it needs very little editing/reworking before it can be produced.

And has more chances on a NON-black shirt...

Jelle

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-25 11:01 by sluissie.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 25, 2007 09:56

Jon Lasa Wrote:
> Hi all.
> I like the design but I would add a small red tongue on one side.

The tongue logo can not be used.

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: January 25, 2007 10:57

This is getting ridiculous... It reminds me of the Cultural revolution in China. In the end - everyone had to dress the same way. Mao told them to.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 25, 2007 11:24

> BV - So you know, my company uses a service called websense.
> If I type in iorr.com, the site is filtered because websense
> has identified it as a sex site.

I would assume IORR is cathegorized as "entertainment" site. Some companies block their employees from gambling, entertainment, news etc, and then you will not be able to access IORR. Websense is not very intelligent, but I would assume it did NOT cathegorize IORR as a sex site. If it does, it is simply because the IORR forum is part of the web site, and some times people here post inappropriuate language. That is why I never spell out CS Blues, or the original name of the Star Star track. If there is too much of that around it will be (a) offensive to many and (b) this site will be cathegorized as a offensive by cheap software like websense. Yes. I work with more intelligent software.

PS. I travel quite a lot, and I use internet cafees and hotels and local company browsers often. Out of 100 times I would say may be one time I get blocked from going on IORR due to cathegoty blocking. Actually much less than 1%. May be one time per year max. So I don't think it is a big problem.

Bjornulf

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 25, 2007 11:26

>> In the end - everyone had to dress the same way <<

mercy: no one has to buy/wear it.
i didn't imagine that multiple designs would be chosen for mass production as "the official iorr tshirt",
and if people want different tshirts instead of whatever BV ends up offering, that's pretty easily accomplished, isn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-25 11:27 by with sssoul.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 25, 2007 11:47

So after no prpoer voting process BV has decided to chose the one design even though it'll be more expensive to produce compared to the original one/two colour brief?

I'd still like to see a gallery of everyones designs. There was some realinspred, funny and quarky ideas...

Date: January 25, 2007 12:01

There will not be any voting. I am looking for ideas and use this thead as a brianstorm. People are free to say whatb they think. But the fact that you are on IORR the Tell Me forum does not mean you are representative for a Stones fan and not even an IORR member. I would assume 75% of the IORR members don't go on IORR at all, I mean the magazine subscribers. But they will certainly buy the T-shirt, like they did in 1984. So I have to think a bit about them. They would never vote here.

Yes. I am a dictator. Of course. That is the only way it works. But I am the kind of dictator who listen to people. If they say they don't want to walk around with "fan club" on a T-shirt I understand the underluying fear, so I use that in the design. If I hear they want iorr.org on the T-shirt I see they spend more than half an hour every now and then on the IORR Tell Me forum. That is not normal. There are around 5,000 people on Tell Me and around 500,000 people on IORR web site so there is a big gap there.

I don't see the point in making a t-shirt just saying IORR, except for making a branding shirt. The name of the fan club and the magazine is It's Only Rock'n Roll. And it is the whole ideas of the band and our philosophy. At least mine. Why do I like the Stones? Because it is only rock'n roll. But I like it.

May be I will put www.iorr.org under It's Only Rock'n Roll. In smaller sized letters. That might be an alternative. The shirt is still not in production, so I am still taking comments of course. But the Schillid IORR design was actually the one that most people said was great.

Bjornulf

Date: January 25, 2007 12:25

This is what I am talking about. Just a sample:

Bjornulf

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: January 25, 2007 12:53

i think there must be www.iorr.org . but if you put an address, i think there's no need to put the whole It Only Rock N Roll name. anyway this is cool

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: January 25, 2007 14:17

I still like the design above, but isn't it a bit overdone now? Now we have more or less three times the same: IORR!

Let it rock!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 25, 2007 14:43

Rosto Wrote:
> I still like the design above, but isn't it a bit
> overdone now? Now we have more or less three times
> the same: IORR!

Agreed. One could change the big coloured IORR letters into just a picture since the 2 lines below reads the same thing.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 25, 2007 15:02

Shouldn't there be a new thread by now that is used ONLY for voting? Where it is clear what the options are and where it is amde easy for someone to count the votes?
because I agree that ultimately it is afan;s shirt and they/we are the ones who are going to buy it and need to like it.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-25 15:02 by ChelseaDrugstore.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: January 25, 2007 15:05

Chelsea, there will be no voting. You're looking at a 'sample' of the design: that is what it is going to be (like). See earlier post on this page by BV.

Jelle

Date: January 25, 2007 15:19

I am not saying the design is final. First everybody said the IORR design was great, now people are asking for all sorts of other designs. A typical sign of not really any clear opinion about this. I will make 2-3 alternatives. I will not say I will skip the IORR design, but I will make a few alternatives. That's all. Then you can say what you think. Then I pick the most popular draft (partly based on input here, partly based on other input), and it will be finished with a pro design and go into print. I will have the samples available later today.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: January 25, 2007 15:34

New working title for the T-shirt project: "Between a rock and a hard place" !
The best committee consists of one...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 25, 2007 15:45

I'd still like to see everyone given the oppotunity to vote to give BV a basis for a decision.

We are the buggers who've got to squeeze the beer belly into it!!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 70

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1309
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home