Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: If you hate the ticket prices post here
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 5, 2005 17:26

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Remember Micael Cohl might read this thread.
> Please write something that makes sense. How to
> avoid scalping and all of that. Clever thigs.
> Otherwise you will just sound like just another
> person who complain without having any real
> alternatives.
>
> Bjornulf

plenty of alternatives to help beat scalping have been posted before which work for other artists (such as keeping the first block will-call only, having a transparent ticket-buying system instead of this system which is simply deceitful, etc)

People have complained about Stones ticket prices and the way tickets are distributed for years now. The situation hasnt improved. If anything, its got worse, so posting something in the hope that Cohl and his fellow gangsters at Clear Channel, rs.com etc will read it and act favourably on it is akin to pissing in the wind.

They dont care. As long as theyre getting their millions, thats all that counts. End of story.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 5, 2005 17:30

I've got this mental picture of Michael Cohl, walking around in a long trenchcoat, carrying a violin case.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: December 5, 2005 17:33

i hate them because they are over priced by a ridiculous amount. simple as that

they charge what they want because they have contempt for the common working man or woman. knowing that the suits will snap them up for a corporate jolly outing

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: December 5, 2005 17:46

I love The Rolling Stones, just like we all do. Stones got a special place in our hearts, and has been a part of the western cultural history during the 5 past decades. Most of us honour them with the deserved title "the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world." However, ticket prices are to expensive.
Many fans would like to see as many shows as possible, but the provoking ticket prizes limit our chances to see our heroes. When I attended a show in Oslo during the Bridges to Babylon tour, I had to pay 390 NOK (about £30) for a ordinary ticket. Now I have to pay 1345 NOK (about £103) for a ordinary ticket in Bergen. I think this is sad for the fans, many must work hard only to afford one single ticket. This is not the way to treat the fans. Again, I love the Stones - and I have seen them on the ongoing tour and they play just fantastic. I will be the first to defend the band and how they play, but I am truly disappointed, angry and frustrated about the sky high ticket prices.

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: December 5, 2005 17:57

Tickets for Hannover, Germany up to 207,- Euro! Complete nonsense! Whoever is responsible for that "joke": @#$%& YOU!!!

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: December 5, 2005 18:02

Yes, although I have paid.

£100 should be the max.

The limited cheap seats in the A blocks were a nice gesture though it must be said.

Oily.

Posted by: lisalover ()
Date: December 5, 2005 18:05

Ooh i say...calm down calm down

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: December 5, 2005 18:08

I don't understand why a ticketprice for a stadium show would increase with 50%, that might be a bit too much. for students like me, it's just too much! And it's sad that the stones are aiming at a audience that's wealthy> Friends of mine really want to go but the price is too high

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-05 18:10 by Rik.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 5, 2005 18:08

I know at least 10 people who would have gone to see the Stones but they said the same: "€ 130 an FOS ticket? € 200 a good seater? Are they nuts?"

And even I stopped worrying: I just don´t have the urgent need to buy it immediately. I wait until Barcelona presale and try my very best. Köln or berlin might or might not happen. 38 shows in 16 years - but this one is growing cold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-05 18:18 by TooTough.

Date: December 5, 2005 18:12

They're (whoever it is) completely nuts and lost sight of reality. Poor. Very very poor.

Posted by: stonedstone ()
Date: December 5, 2005 18:16

this has nothing to do with rock n roll anymore...

this is money sucking bullsjit!!

"all the rum i want to drink it, and all the whisky too!"

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 5, 2005 18:17

@Thomas (TooTough): I lost your email address,could you please write me smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 5, 2005 18:18

The stones are special and not like all the others. If they are good they are fantastic if they are bad the can be even worse than a band of amateurs playing the first time together. The Stones are unique and theý deserve a higher level. Everything what is unique is expensive.
The stones are like bv, they can do what they want....:-)

Date: December 5, 2005 18:20

stonedstone Wrote:
> this has nothing to do with rock n roll
> anymore...
>
> this is money sucking bullsjit!!

DAMN RIGHT! They should go to Las Vegas then to play in some poshy Hotel 5 days a week with 2 shows on sundays for tickets from $115,- to $1,200,-.

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: December 5, 2005 18:28

I just can't see the need to charge this much. I want to see the Stones, not some spectacle. After I saw them in Houston everybody asked me what the show was like and not anything about the music. The music has taken a backseat to the spectacle of lights and staging. The Stones were great and the eyes of everybody there was on Mick and the others the whole time. They could have been playing on a stack of milk crates and it would have been just as good, they are truly amazing to see. I wish they would realize this and stop putting together these expensive and over the top productions.
All around me at the show were people talking about how much they paid for the tickets. Scalping is legal in Texas so you can openly go to a broker and buy good seats with a face value of 100.00 for almost 1000.00 if the demand is high enough. The guy sitting a few seats over from me paid 425.00 for his 95.00 seat. It didn't seem to matter, the man obviously made enough money to afford the price. I have listened to the Stones for over 20 years but I have limits and this is too much.
Why not play multiple shows in the same city. This should cut down travel expenses and if the stage is scaled down the staging costs would be too. It would seem that if the tickets were sold for a fraction of the prices now many more would be sold.
I remember reading somewhere that Mick said, "people always complain about the prices, but what are you going to do?" What are you going to do? That is not really an answer. We know you have expenses. We know you want to be paid for your craft and skill (and you are one of the best). But please,do us a favor and be reasonable. We want to see you guys play and it shouldn't cost this much to put on a rock show. If you need the spectacle to keep yourself interested, then retire. I would still enjoy your music but I wouldn't get so pissed off when you hit the road.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 5, 2005 18:30

Hate the prices (Alhough I don't think it's that bad at all). But I hate that I have to pay for food every day too. If a ticket would cost me 2000$ I'd still pay to go to at least one show. Even if I'd have to borrow from the bank.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: December 5, 2005 18:40

The whole Stones ticketing is a whole mass. Bought MSG with membership but couldn't get only one ticket with it. So my friend had to do another membership to get the ticket. That makes $450 plus $100 membership plus ticketbastard fees which is $582 face value for a single ticket. Stupid.

Wanted to go with my family here in Germany but with a kid you need to go to the stands. So you need these 200 Euro tickets so your kid can see something of the stage. For 3 persons thats more than 600 Euro without travelling and so on. In German DM it's more than 1200 DM for a rock show? My family said no! We can spend a week of holiday in the south for that amount of money. So we won't go.

And 130 Euro for a standing ticket in German is totally crazy. So instead of my normal 20 and up shows per tour I will see at least 3 shows. For one of them I activated my pre 9th May code but wasn't successful to hunt two good tickets for Wembley II. So I'm really pissed again. To be honest I would like to sell my already bought tickets and cancel my membership and stay home this time. So I don't have to be angry about those "brilliant" Ronnie Wood solos!

(Not to forget that I got a damaged fanclub DVD as they sent it in a normal envelope after 1,5 years. The first package thrown on it damaged the whole container inkl. DVD). One membership even isn't listed so I won't get another DVD that might be OK. At the moment I'm really fed up with the Stones.

Let's pray "Bigger Bang "means they will tell us it was the last "Suck Your Fans As Long As You Can" tour!!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 5, 2005 18:42

who doesn't hate the ticket prices? of course we all hate them. i'm not a wealthy man (I'm less wealthy on Stones touring years, let me tell ya).

the Stones can obviously get away with it, so they do. Even being the fanatic that I am and have been for 3 decades, I find it difficult to justify spending the bucks on these gigs. I justify it mostly by packaging the experience of going to the show with getting together and partying with like-minded friends and acquaintances. But, for just a pure "musical experience" alone I think there are MUCH BETTER bargains out there. I saw Crowes/Petty at the Greek recently - a much better dollar-for-music bargain than the Stones. I will be seeing Phi Lesh & Friends (with an INCREDIBLE band of talents) on New Year's Eve - and it will again be a much better value.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 5, 2005 18:44

rknuth Wrote:
> (Not to forget that I got a damaged fanclub DVD as
> they sent it in a normal envelope after 1,5 years.

A bit OT but: You got the DVD? What's on it?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: turd ()
Date: December 5, 2005 18:50

It's simply a case of 'put up' or 'shut up'.
They will sell out regardless of what the ticket prices are, because people will always think this is the last time, last tour.

I ain't going, Mrs Turd and even Mrs Turds mother ain't going.

And I don't give a flying f*ck what Michael Cohl, Mick Jagger, Abba, the Pope, Ringo Starr, the Righteous Brothers (or Brother, because one croaked I think), Yehudi Menuin and the Stone dog in keith Richards garden thinks......

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: December 5, 2005 18:57

Spending time with like minded... hmmm... well I can almost guarantee you that the people I sat by had never bought a Stones album the day it came out and they didn't even know a handfull of the song (excluding the last several warhorses played). I would not consider them anything but casual fans at best. But casual fans with bigger budgets or higher credit card limits. OUt of all the fans I know locally only half went to the show- 3 out of 6. The reason the others did not go? Ticket prices. These Stones fans of 20 years were priced out.

"This could be the last time, this could be the last time... Maybe the last time, I don't know..."

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: December 5, 2005 19:38

I hate them, simply because NO concert is wearth these prices. Figure it out: a show under 2 hours, maybe 20 songs, over 100 euro's? That's just nonsense.

Every tour I find it harder to defend the prices the Stones charge, but this time I just find it impossible... Scaplers or no scalpers, supply and demand or not.

It does make The Stones look greedy. And they are.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: December 5, 2005 20:05

I wanted to take my 18 year old sister along with me to see the Stones but I just can't afford it. She goes to see lots of new bands in small venues and I wanted for her to see the Stones before it's too late. She is a student and can't afford to buy a ticket for a band that she's not sure about. (Although I know once she'd seen them she'd be a fan). So my complaint would be about the number of young new fans who are being denied the chance to see the Greatest Rock and Roll band live. That's not fair!

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 5, 2005 20:21

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-24 22:20 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: December 5, 2005 20:43

> A bit OT but: You got the DVD? What's on it?

Some boring Licks stuff...

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 5, 2005 21:18

ITs a nightmare,allthough is not kiss,cnt really understand, here weare havin this exelent album, it seems like a farewell tour i hope itsnot.

Posted by: bartman ()
Date: December 5, 2005 21:36

I haven't read all the posts on this topic but one thing is for sure. If you want to complain about the high prices, blame the Stones!The $100 you paid to become a member of rs.com goes right ahead into their pockets.
The profit of the expensive ticketsales goes right intro their pockets. Not Michael Cohl's or the tourpromotors.
The Stones, and especially Mick Jagger, are business men! Mick knows about the high prices people pay on ebay and other auctions so he think's "wy don't I ask such prices ourself?

We must boycot them!

What if a fan with a minimum of money? He can't go the a concert because he can't affort it! That's a shame!

Date: December 5, 2005 21:53

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> rknuth Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > (Not to forget that I got a damaged fanclub
> DVD as
> > they sent it in a normal envelope after 1,5
> years.
>
>
> A bit OT but: You got the DVD? What's on it?
>
>

Not much, Kent, it was damaged after all smiling smiley

(..and to think some people thought it would be the Phoenix show!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-05 21:58 by Gazza.

Date: December 5, 2005 21:56

harlito1969 Wrote:
> Spending time with like minded... hmmm... well I
> can almost guarantee you that the people I sat by
> had never bought a Stones album the day it came
> out and they didn't even know a handfull of the
> song (excluding the last several warhorses
> played). I would not consider them anything but
> casual fans at best.

yes harlito, but T&A will be hanging out and sitting with me at Wembley so as we're both self confessed "setlist whiners" we're "likeminded" in some ways at least winking smiley

Posted by: turd ()
Date: December 5, 2005 22:10

Being as the Stones are now over 60, they should offer a reasonable discount for pensioners, including free bus transport to the show, a toilet interval or free catheter loan service, not play too loud, have God Save the Queen at the end and finish before 'Coronation Street' at 8pm.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2244
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home