Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: If you hate the ticket prices post here
Posted by: Gerry ()
Date: December 5, 2005 22:50

hello,

first of all: i have ordered tickets... but with a negative feeling. and so i can agree with most of your opinions. and so i am also a student. i defend also the ticket prices in my circle of friends. but if i read this opinions i agree, too. and it's hard to accept this.

next year i'll see the stones for the fourth time and on the one hand i hope the gigs are sold out because they are my heroes, because the music, because the show. but on the other hand i hope that the stones fall down with the high prices and they must play in front of 20.000 people instead of 70.000.

and my mum complaining too: said that the prices to much and to expensive. but in contrast to me, she has a good-paid job. it's sad because our family love the stones. above all my brother is a huge fan of keith richards. He also plays guitar and keef is his idol for a long time. and we participated each tour since the steel wheels/urban jungle tour.

and i do not accept the opinions for any users. it cannot be that the stones are accessible for rich people only.
i agree that the stones are exclusive and if you would buy a ferrari you also must pay for them. but anyway the ticket-prices are still crazy.

sorry!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-05 23:10 by Gerry.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 5, 2005 23:04

turd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's simply a case of 'put up' or 'shut up'.
> They will sell out regardless of what the ticket
> prices are, because people will always think this
> is the last time, last tour.
>
> I ain't going, Mrs Turd and even Mrs Turds mother
> ain't going.
>
> And I don't give a flying f*ck what Michael Cohl,
> Mick Jagger, Abba, the Pope, Ringo Starr, the
> Righteous Brothers (or Brother, because one
> croaked I think), Yehudi Menuin and the Stone dog
> in keith Richards garden thinks......

We all must pay to worship at the altar of the Stone Dog in Keith Richards garden.
By the way, if all of us post here and agree to hate ticket prices, I think Michael Cohl will continue to take our $$$$$.
HO HO HO. Don't eat yellow snow.
Even if you are in Keith's garden.

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: December 5, 2005 23:09

It kind of sucked on Thanksgiving looking down from the 'cheap' seats at all the over-priced fun in the front rows. That's where I should have been but not for 450US. Sorry, I'm out.

Posted by: mago ()
Date: December 5, 2005 23:11

It´s obvious that the present prices have upset many fans. Of course I would also be happy if I could see the Stones for less money and most of all in a smaller arena than these giant stadiums. However the situation is that a lot of people want to see them and on their reason tours only those who knew exactly how to get tickets were able to get any at all. For the Woodo, BB and Licks tours the hard core fans knew how to get tickets and were able to see multiple shows. With present prices you will really have to dig deep in your wallet because if you want to see them on severeal places outside your homecity there are also expenses for sleeping, eating and transports.

Still (now some of you will get angry) the new high prices makes it easier for a lot of other “not so die hard fans” to manage to get tickets. So from a market point of view that´s more fair (of course not from my own egoistic point of view). Of course this may differ from country to country.

Then there is this thing, that some people think music shouldn´t cost so much, they don´t like the idea that musicians make a lot of money. They have no objections that a new car cost a lot of money, in fact more than all the Rolling Stones tickets for 30 years of concert going. Or what do you spend on all sorts of hobbies? Not to talk of what you pay for a house etc etc. A Rolling Stones concert is a great experience! I know that sometimes they don´t play so well, some of the recent concerts in the United States have been far below their standard. But some of the concerts I have visited: do I regret that I paid (at that time) 100 $. Hell, no! If I would accept 500 $ for having it undone. Hell, no! 1000 $? No! The whining about concert prices is understandable, but it´s still very childish indeed that grown up people are so upset about these relatively limited amounts of money (for us Europeans and Americans).

Then and now I´m talking to you Michael Cohl, it would be very nice if you followed up the initiative from the Licks Tour and did a couple of theatre or small arena gigs in Europe, especially for us hard core fans, we with the pre 9 May memberships! On the very time you announce that, nobody from this community would say a bad word about the Stones for a long time!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 5, 2005 23:11

Gazza, you have been at Wembley stadium when it was around, right? Will call to pick up tickets? Right? Did you ever count all those scalpers out there? The UK scalpers travel all over Europe, but they are most visible at London shows, and Wembley Stadium is their "home ground". There are hundreds. I would scalp tickets myself at Wembley if I was poor and out of job and living in London with the Stones asking for a low ticket price. And they are organized like a mafia. It's a fact. At the final 1995 show I remember face value was 40 pounds but they had a fixed scalper price of 80. It was impossible to buy a ticket outside wembley stadium that night under 80 pounds. And 40 pounds was not cheap then. So what if the Stones asked for 20 pounds then? Would it matter? It would still be 80 from the scalpers.

How many unemployd, homeless people and students are there in London or any other city with organized scalpers? I remember one city in USA on this tour. Box office queue for the Stones in the morning of show day. you know they always release extra tickets to kill scalping. I did actually make a picture of the car from a scalper company, and they had around 10 homeless people in the queue. How did I know? Because I talked to them. They did not know anything about the band they were queuing for. They were all queuing for the scalpers. Organized.

Wake up. It's the real world. The Stones have a high market value and the scalpers do know it. You know even at club shows people were sitting next to their scalper. One ticket to the scalper, one to the customer. And wristbands.

Bjornulf

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 5, 2005 23:13

Gazza Wrote:
> >
> yes harlito, but T&A will be hanging out and
> sitting with me at Wembley so as we're both self
> confessed "setlist whiners" we're "likeminded" in
> some ways at least
>

C'mon, Gazza! Get with the program - we're "setlist carers" - I thought I had made that "stick" last week. I hate having to continue to educate on this site.

Date: December 5, 2005 23:22

mago Wrote:
> It´s obvious that the present prices have upset
> many fans. Of course I would also be happy if I
> could see the Stones for less money and most of
> all in a smaller arena than these giant stadiums.
> However the situation is that a lot of people want
> to see them and on their reason tours only those
> who knew exactly how to get tickets were able to
> get any at all. For the Woodo, BB and Licks tours
> the hard core fans knew how to get tickets and
> were able to see multiple shows. With present
> prices you will really have to dig deep in your
> wallet because if you want to see them on severeal
> places outside your homecity there are also
> expenses for sleeping, eating and transports.
>
> Still (now some of you will get angry) the new
> high prices makes it easier for a lot of other
> “not so die hard fans” to manage to get tickets.
> So from a market point of view that´s more fair
> (of course not from my own egoistic point of
> view). Of course this may differ from country to
> country.
>
> Then there is this thing, that some people think
> music shouldn´t cost so much, they don´t like the
> idea that musicians make a lot of money. They have
> no objections that a new car cost a lot of money,
> in fact more than all the Rolling Stones tickets
> for 30 years of concert going. Or what do you
> spend on all sorts of hobbies? Not to talk of
> what you pay for a house etc etc. A Rolling Stones
> concert is a great experience! I know that
> sometimes they don´t play so well, some of the
> recent concerts in the United States have been far
> below their standard. But some of the concerts I
> have visited: do I regret that I paid (at that
> time) 100 $. Hell, no! If I would accept 500 $ for
> having it undone. Hell, no! 1000 $? No! The
> whining about concert prices is understandable,
> but it´s still very childish indeed that grown up
> people are so upset about these relatively limited
> amounts of money (for us Europeans and Americans).
>
>
> Then and now I´m talking to you Michael Cohl, it
> would be very nice if you followed up the
> initiative from the Licks Tour and did a couple of
> theatre or small arena gigs in Europe, especially
> for us hard core fans, we with the pre 9 May
> memberships! On the very time you announce that,
> nobody from this community would say a bad word
> about the Stones for a long time!
>

this is the biggest nonsense i ever heard.

yes, we are adults, but i don't agree to pay much money for this. and listen: the licks-tour 2003 wasn't sold out. the times are past, if you could sold the tickets as expensive as you can.

it's true, there a lot of die-hard-fans to pay everything to see the stones live. but the majority wouldn't pay these prices. because they haven't it (including me).

Date: December 5, 2005 23:37

and the other sad thing is, that the stones play exactly two hours. sometimes less.

i've seen bon jovi in 2003 also in munich and the band played 150 minutes without encores. then, there was a 5-minutes-break and then, they come again and played 30 minutes encores. there were 180 minutes for €55.
and so this was the best show i've ever seen.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: December 5, 2005 23:38

Just for your info, Today two tickets for Wembley went on ebay for more than 1000 £ pounds sterling. Section A3 Row 4.
As I have only C5 I was watching the market a little bit.
Although as BV said in the States you won't get any tickets from scalpers under face value, howeve the demand on arena shows is bigger than Stadium shows.
What surprises me much more is the increase of prices in Europe this time which equals nearly up to US prices. However UK remains the same as last time.
What I mind much more is a very big disappointment of NO arena shows. They should have done at least 10 arena shows. I like the stage I like indoor and I have very good memories of Calgary, Seattle and Portland.... toooo sad.

Posted by: saintmick ()
Date: December 5, 2005 23:41

It's not about the lenght of the show, but the quality! In that respect the Stones rule! For me...

Date: December 5, 2005 23:43

just because somebody's asking 1000 pounds doens't mean they'll get it. If you noticed the ebay ads on US tickets - almost NOBODY was getting what they were asking for.....

Date: December 5, 2005 23:43

saintmick Wrote:
> It's not about the lenght of the show, but the
> quality! In that respect the Stones rule! For
> me...
>
>

true, but not ever.

Date: December 5, 2005 23:47

saintmick Wrote:
> It's not about the lenght of the show,

you mean size doesn't matter? some of these women.....

Date: December 5, 2005 23:48

T&A Wrote:
> saintmick Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's not about the lenght of the show,
>
>
> you mean size doesn't matter? some of these
> women.....
>
>

;-)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 5, 2005 23:57

"Will call" for the first block or few rows only, Bjornulf - with a 2 ticket limit

Those are the tickets that people will pay scalpers through the nose for. Not to sit in the grandstand to look at a TV screen 70 yards away

The way they distributed tickets for the theatre shows on the last tour worked very well - wristbands, pick up notices, photo ID etc.

It can be done. Treat the front block of seats like its a theatre show and you reduce the power of ticket touts at a stroke.

fact is, the band effectively encourage scalping, not just by the amount that go to corporate junkets and end up with people who couldnt care less who theyre seeing but also by the nonsensical way of organising presales. If youre a fan club member who has paid a $100 fee, you can only buy 4 tickets with that membership for ONE show.

Yet, if youre an American Express card holder, without any membership fee you can buy TWELVE TICKETS for EVERY show. No wonder the wembley shows sold out so fast. Its quite obvious thats where the ticket touts are going to get a high proportion of their tickets from.

Defend THAT.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 6, 2005 00:07

A friend was looking at some scans of tickets on my web site, the high priced ones (which I paid abut 1/4 face for) and this was his comment (though he isnt much of a Stones fan):

"i wouldn't pay 1/20th to see any of those shows. people in their 40s who drive the concert business to these extremes should be deafened with a pointed stick
for their crimes against good sense."

I don't blame the Stones because they are only asking for what they think they are worth (which anybody here would do), I blame the fans who paid whatever the band asked every previous tour. Seems we reached the breaking point with some fans this time around but thats okay, there are plenty of people to take your seat.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 6, 2005 00:14

Now wht is a lame stones show????A show without core!!!!!

Date: December 6, 2005 00:28

lodge Wrote:
> Just for your info, Today two tickets for Wembley
> went on ebay for more than 1000 £ pounds sterling.
> Section A3 Row 4.
> As I have only C5 I was watching the market a
> little bit.
>
Lodge. I have 2 tickets in A3 Row 5. Normally, I'd never ask above face value as a matter of principle, but if you want to give me £1,000 for them, youre welcome to them

Date: December 6, 2005 00:50

Gazza - are those your seats or mine you're auctioning off!!!!!???

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: December 6, 2005 01:21

The tickets are too expensive, that's it. We can list all the reasons that the shows are selling out and why people are paying these prices but the fact remains - the tickets are costing too much. TOO MUCH!!! Can you hear? Are you deaf?! Too bleeping much!!! I am getting the urge to start asking for a free concert, let's say somewhere in northern California. I am sure there is a park or racetrack available for use that can hold 500,000!

It's never ending. I don't think the Stones will change, people were screaming in 1969.

Date: December 6, 2005 01:37

harlito1969 Wrote:
> I am getting the urge to start
> asking for a free concert, let's say somewhere in
> northern California. I am sure there is a park or
> racetrack available for use that can hold
> 500,000!
>
>

Great idea! Let's get some local bikers to police the place...hey! they could even film the thing.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 6, 2005 01:41

Ill go there if its free! See if I can find some bikes to mess with, I hate bikers. Ill bring my dog and some LSD.

Date: December 6, 2005 03:47

T&A Wrote:
> Gazza - are those your seats or mine you're
> auctioning off!!!!!???

LMAO

Shush! I'm 'testing the water'....with mine.

although, any more of your lip. and.... smiling smiley

Date: December 6, 2005 11:36

Use this one if you are - or are not - happy with ticket prices. All other threads on that subject will be deleted, as you see from the first post on this thread.

Bjornulf

Date: December 7, 2005 23:10

This thread deserves to stay in the top 20 posts. I haven't seen the Stones doing anything about trheir exaggerated ticket prizes yet.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: December 7, 2005 23:21

they should have a seniors discount for all the old folks like themselves

Posted by: gut ()
Date: December 7, 2005 23:26

OK, if the Stones can get those ridiculously high prices that they are asking, so be it. I've seen them enough that I don't need to bail out that kind of cash. No complaints, mind you. Just I have far more important things to pay for, ie. mortgages, utilities, on and on and on....

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Date: December 8, 2005 16:10

I think this is a good sign of the fact that the Stones fans are getting older. The older you are the more you complain about prices. The fact is many old people don't even eat proper food because they think food is now so expensive. They don't take the taxi. Then don't spend any money at all in fact. They die old and they have all their money in the bank. I would rather enjoy life and die poor.

Bjornulf

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: December 8, 2005 16:13

And when can we expect that to happen ?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 8, 2005 16:18

bv Wrote:
> I would rather enjoy life and
> die poor.

sadly, The Stones, don't subscribe to this

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home