Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 22
Angry - Track Talk
Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: September 6, 2023 18:49

Angry

The first single of the Hackney Diamonds album - released on September 6, 2023.

It's up and flowing in Spotify. Good, catchy rock and roller song!

Nice guitar work on it!!!

New music after all these years!

The Rolling Stones with

Steve Jordan : Drums
Matt Clifford : Piano
Andrew Watt : Backing Vocals, Percussion

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-19 21:10 by bv.

Re: ANGRY - new Stones' single on Spotify
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 6, 2023 18:54

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: September 6, 2023 19:34

I generally don't like new music by old rockers (I love the songs from the '60's and '70's) but I have to say that I really like this song. It drew me right in with the catchy opening riffs, and Mick's voice is fantastic. Pretty damn good. I am impressed!

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: September 6, 2023 19:37

Note lower right...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: September 6, 2023 19:37

DaveG
I generally don't like new music by old rockers (I love the songs from the '60's and '70's) but I have to say that I really like this song. It drew me right in with the catchy opening riffs, and Mick's voice is fantastic. Pretty damn good. I am impressed!

Modern technology helps a LOT. But I whole-heartedly agree with you on music choices. I am locked into that era.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:16

Is there a subscriber to The Times who can post their article that carries the headline ‘I’ve heard the new Stones album and it is their best since 1978’? I’m tantalised!

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:21

bakersfield
Is there a subscriber to The Times who can post their article that carries the headline ‘I’ve heard the new Stones album and it is their best since 1978’? I’m tantalised!

Yes please!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:21

It's always their best one since seventy-something

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:54

Best single since Start Me Up. I love and maybe prefer Undercover of the Night but it obviously wasn't as accessible to a wider audience.

That said, what other single is better? Doom & Gloom, Saint Of Me, ABSMB, Rough Justice, Mixed Emotions, High Wire?

I think you have to go back over 40 years to find a contender.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:55

Bit surprised that none of the billboards was from the 60s era. You see Bill and Mick Taylor but no Brian or even Stu.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 00:28

DGA35
Bit surprised that none of the billboards was from the 60s era. You see Bill and Mick Taylor but no Brian or even Stu.

ABKCO era...$$$

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 00:58

Posted this on the HD thread, but in hopes of maybe someone knowing that tracks these sorts of things, posting here as well........

VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu
Video is doing great. #9 on trendig music on YT. Though, to be number one on the charts (video) one needs 5-6m streams/day. Atm its about 400k and may end the day at around 1m = top 50!

I have it on Loop, so I'm doing my part to bolster the plays!!!

I have a ? on playing the song on Loop on YT. Does each play count as an individual view or no, since it's on repeat? Would I need to manually restart the song in order to increase the views? Does anyone know? I just had a thought - if each play counts as a separate view whilst on Loop, I could leave this playing all night while I slept. If all of us die-hards did that, we could help bolster sales, and maybe help our boys get another #1 single!!!!

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: September 7, 2023 04:04

I listened with Airpods, great song, awesome guitars.

Never had a doubt they could bring it.

Keith and Ronnie's guitars are all Stones with great tone, Mick's voice is very strong.

McLovin' it!

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: September 7, 2023 06:09

I absolutely love this song…Well done

Also, the general consensus is very positive from both professional critics and average music fans on Twitter…”Angry” has almost 3 million views on YouTube after only 13 hours on the platform.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 7, 2023 07:05

Massimo68
DGA35

ABKCO era...$$$

That includes 1971.

Date: September 7, 2023 07:07

James Kirk
I absolutely love this song…Well done

Also, the general consensus is very positive from both professional critics and average music fans on Twitter…”Angry” has almost 3 million views on YouTube after only 13 hours on the platform.

I’ve had it on repeat since about 5pm EST.

Date: September 7, 2023 07:26

So the song’s roughly 4 minutes long which is 15 plays/hour x 7 hours now is 105 streams. Certainly not moving the numbers that much but if we all did this it’s help!! Regardless of one’s preference for the song, our band is BACK with new music!!!! Let’s show em how much we’ve missed them!!!! Some on here have never experienced this before!!!! Let’s show the world that these 80yo’s still know how to fkin RNR!!!!! Who’s with me!?!?

I do work from home so it’s easy to stream it nonstop except when I have a zoom call.

Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: September 7, 2023 08:45

treaclefingers
Best single since Start Me Up. I love and maybe prefer Undercover of the Night but it obviously wasn't as accessible to a wider audience.

That said, what other single is better? Doom & Gloom, Saint Of Me, ABSMB, Rough Justice, Mixed Emotions, High Wire?

I think you have to go back over 40 years to find a contender.
Don’t Stop is better I think but yeah this is pretty good, looking forward to the album!

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 15:34

Listened to the song about 10 times, hoping it would grow on me. But instead I get more bored. I like the the Stones more dark than this. This is just too happy sounding, it's a very safe, radio friendly pop song aimed at the mass market. Also more a Mick Jagger solo song than Stones.
There was a question in the press conference about whether the Stones wrote songs aimed at the liking of the fans, or for themselves. I think Angry is an example of the first. I just can't imagine Angry is the reason why Keith Richards started a rock 'n roll band.
Anyway, don't want te complain too much. It's great the boys are still working and making new music. It's very special at their age. Just don't expect too much of the new album. Hope I will be surprised!

Hoping the new album contains some cool blues songs. Some Chuck Berry licks would also be nice.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 7, 2023 15:38

Is Mick's voice auto-tuned on "Angry"??

Drew

Posted by: cimaz ()
Date: September 7, 2023 15:44

For me Doom and gloom was much better. This one is a filler. I just hope there will be more interesting songs in the forthcoming album.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 15:49

drewmaster

Drew

Yes in places ("whyyy"). And in the chorus there's many layers: Deep octaves (which could be either Keith's or Mick's voice), Mick's falsetto and doublings. All the voices make the chorus sound very 2010's pop rock which is my mine gripe with this song. Love the instrumental and Mick's performance otherwise.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 7, 2023 15:50

cimaz
For me Doom and gloom was much better. This one is a filler. I just hope there will be more interesting songs in the forthcoming album.
+1

Date: September 7, 2023 15:56

MonkeyMan2000
drewmaster

Drew

Yes in places ("whyyy"). And in the chorus there's many layers: Deep octaves (which could be either Keith's or Mick's voice), Mick's falsetto and doublings. All the voices make the chorus sound very 2010's pop rock which is my mine gripe with this song. Love the instrumental and Mick's performance otherwise.

Sounds more like a vocoder than auto-tune, no?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 7, 2023 15:58

rbk
Note lower right...
thumbs up
A July 4 gig... only makes sense on the American soil right? winking smiley

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 7, 2023 16:08

Edited, double post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 16:09 by The Joker.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 16:20

DandelionPowderman
MonkeyMan2000
drewmaster

Drew

Sounds more like a vocoder than auto-tune, no?

I think there's auto-tune throughout the song. And in the chorus it sounds like a vocoder because there's so many layers.

I hope we get a less produced, less radio-oriented version of the song on a B-Side or so, like we did with LIAGT.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 7, 2023 16:20

It's OK but it sounds like a re-modelled hybrid of Start Me Up, Rock And A Hard Place and Sad Sad Sad. I was kinda expecting more as they took so long to come up with it. But it's great to have them back.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 7, 2023 16:49

Silver Dagger
It's OK but it sounds like a re-modelled hybrid of Start Me Up, Rock And A Hard Place and Sad Sad Sad. I was kinda expecting more as they took so long to come up with it. But it's great to have them back.

Well said Mike, and oh how I miss Charlie's swing ...

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 16:50 by drewmaster.

Date: September 7, 2023 16:53

I'm still streaming it!!!! First meeting at 10:30 and will have to pause, but then can do a few more hours before the next one!

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2467
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home