Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 25, 2023 17:58

All the people on here complaining about another album of Mick-written songs and Keith not very involved or involved enough, just getting one Keith ballad he sings and a rocker he doesn't. Are we talking about Goat's Head Soup or the yet-released Hackney Diamonds? Because everything y'all are saying just as easily applies to GHS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-25 17:58 by big4.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 25, 2023 18:26

big4
All the people on here complaining about another album of Mick-written songs and Keith not very involved or involved enough, just getting one Keith ballad he sings and a rocker he doesn't. Are we talking about Goat's Head Soup or the yet-released Hackney Diamonds? Because everything y'all are saying just as easily applies to GHS.
Actually , I think Some Girls Mick wrote more of the songs than GHS.Side one of Some Girls, he wrote all the songs except Imagination.Side 2 he wrote Respectable and I believe Far Away Eyes.The other 3 songs he co wrote.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-25 19:08 by Taylor1.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 25, 2023 18:27

GHS was all Mick, I didn’t know it.

Posted by: wolundamo ()
Date: September 25, 2023 18:27

Angry is a good example of the creative partnership between the two glimmers imho. The Beginning maybe more mick, the second half the glimmers shimmering together

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 25, 2023 18:33

big4

Also on Some Girls which consists mostly of Mick songs.

And also Sticky Fingers - Brown Sugar, Sway, Sister Morphine, Moonlight Mile are all Mick songs. Keith doesn't even play on Sway and Moonlight Mile!

I'm not trying to discredit Keith here, but it's amazing how many people here discredit Micks creativity.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-25 18:33 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 25, 2023 18:49

StonedRambler
big4

And also Sticky Fingers - Brown Sugar, Sway, Sister Morphine, Moonlight Mile are all Mick songs. Keith doesn't even play on Sway and Moonlight Mile!

I'm not trying to discredit Keith here, but it's amazing how many people here discredit Micks creativity.

Sister Morphine is a Marianne Faithfull song

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 25, 2023 18:54

DandelionPowderman
doitywoik
Can Mick's early version be listened to somewhere?

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks! Indeed still an embryonic version. So maybe it was indeed Keith who came up with the intro as we know it today.

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: September 25, 2023 19:02

maumau
StonedRambler
big4

She wrote just couple of lines and came up with exact title "sister Morphine", "cousin Cocaine". The rest is Mick.

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: September 25, 2023 19:05

"Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wod are working on a documentary that will detail the recording of Hackney Diamonds. “The film will show the group as they began work on the 12 tracks appearing at Hackney Diamonds,” a source close to the project said. “It will give fans an intimate and sincere look at Mick, Keith and Ronnie as they work their magic in the studio, including bantering each other.” The members recorded these songs in various locations around the world, including Henson Recording Studios, Los Angeles; Metropolis Studios, London; Sanctuary Studios, Nassau, Bahamas; Electric Lady Studios, New York; and The Hit Factory/Germano Studios, also in New York. Cover art done for Hackney Diamonds is the work of digital animator Paulina Almira."

From DelPlatafm.com

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 25, 2023 19:10

dkwalika

From DelPlatafm.com

Which basically is a quote of The Sun article - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 25, 2023 19:16

StonedRambler
big4

Those songs should have credited Mick Taylor, everyone knows Taylor was a major influence on most of those tracks, hate to brake your bubble mate but Jagger is a poacher, a fake, he's never managed to make anything like those tracks after Taylor left.

Date: September 25, 2023 19:28

doitywoik
DandelionPowderman
doitywoik
Can Mick's early version be listened to somewhere?

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks! Indeed still an embryonic version. So maybe it was indeed Keith who came up with the intro as we know it today.
In his book Life Keith himself said it was all Mick including the riff.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: September 25, 2023 19:38

Go back to basement again keefriffhard,you cant go out in the sun.Stay in the basement for six months,and try to go out again

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 25, 2023 19:40

keefriffhards
StonedRambler
big4

Those songs should have credited Mick Taylor, everyone knows Taylor was a major influence on most of those tracks, hate to brake your bubble mate but Jagger is a poacher, a fake, he's never managed to make anything like those tracks after Taylor left.

Exactly. Did any journalist ever ask Mick to Keith "why did you never reach the creative level you had in Mick Taylor's presence"?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: September 25, 2023 19:50

powerage78
keefriffhards
StonedRambler
big4

Exactly. Did any journalist ever ask Mick to Keith "why did you never reach the creative level you had in Mick Taylor's presence"?

It went drastically down hill after Taylor left, in the words of Keith he was robbed blind and they did the same to Brian.

Date: September 25, 2023 19:55

keefriffhards

hate to brake your bubble mate but Jagger is a poacher, a fake, he's never managed to make anything like those tracks after Taylor left.

The guts you have to say something like that on a Stones forum. Clearly a provocation

Date: September 25, 2023 20:12

keefriffhards
StonedRambler
big4

You might be Keith's fan but you don't have to be a blind hater like that. Btw, has Taylor managed to make anything like those tracks after he left either? You know the answer.

Date: September 25, 2023 20:15

frankotero

It wasn't.

Mr D, CDA, Angie, ST, Star Star weren't all Mick.

Date: September 25, 2023 20:18

StonedRambler
keefriffhards

hate to brake your bubble mate but Jagger is a poacher, a fake, he's never managed to make anything like those tracks after Taylor left.

The guts you have to say something like that on a Stones forum. Clearly a provocation

You tell me then, has he ever managed to produce music at that level since Taylor left, it's not controversial, it's a conversation that's been discussed since iorr started, just listen to those tracks, it's obvious to me, nothing provocative about it.

I can't believe the crap you come out with about Keith, far more provocative.
I'm out of here, can't believe the shit people like you come out with.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 25, 2023 20:28

DandelionPowderman
frankotero

It wasn't.

Didn'tKeith say Mr D and Can You Hear the Music were his riffs.I thought he also said Star Star was all Mick’s song

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-25 20:46 by Taylor1.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: September 25, 2023 20:28

keefriffhards
StonedRambler
big4

If Jagger is a poacher so is Keith who is credited and takes the rights money.
However this thing seems to have been clarified and Taylor had credit on these songs so he is credited, Ronnie should also have credit for IORR and Hey Negrita.
Songs are rarely written "together", but this does not mean that both were not decisive in the song.

In my opinion she's bullshit, only at the beginning she made some songs together, they did it when they lived together.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 25, 2023 20:33

DandelionPowderman
frankotero

It wasn't.

I have read somewhere that Angie (plus a few others) were written by Keith while in Switzerland.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 25, 2023 20:36

WHAT the actual @#$%& is wrong with you people arguing here in this thread about Mick vs. Keith?!

New album due out on October 20 but all you fuckheads want to do is fight.
This place is empty.

Date: September 25, 2023 20:58

keefriffhards
StonedRambler
keefriffhards

You tell me then, has he ever managed to produce music at that level since Taylor left, it's not controversial, it's a conversation that's been discussed since iorr started, just listen to those tracks, it's obvious to me, nothing provocative about it.

If Taylor really was such a good songwriter he would have managed to write anything good himself after he quit the Stones but he didn't. He's a great guitarist though.

As for Keith, I didn't come out with crap, I gave you the quotes of what Keith said himself: That he doesn't write a lot these days. I can give you the quotes again if you want to.

But now please let's get back to topic. This thread is about the upcoming album and not about Mick Taylor.

And if anyone here doesn't like Mick Jagger and the songs he writes I would suggest looking for another band.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-25 21:02 by StonedRambler.

Date: September 25, 2023 21:04

Mariuana
maumau
StonedRambler
big4

She wrote just couple of lines and came up with exact title "sister Morphine", "cousin Cocaine". The rest is Mick.

right, that's enough for the Twins to cool down and give Faithfull her credits... good try, try again

Date: September 25, 2023 21:21

The HD doc, taken for granted the celebrative vibe, will be really interesting to have a glimpse about the work in the studio by M and K and the band, which, as far as I am concerned, is what really counts.

I give to the many that know it all here to establish the stones' songs parenthood but I take it for granted that one (M, K or someone else) is the prime father or mother of a song, of a lyric, a melody, a riff.

what makes the difference, imo, is what comes after that. if that is an idea or a demo that M or K takes to the table to be developed by the other or the band, or if what M or K takes to the table (i.e. sends via internet) is the song finished leaving the other just the option to say yes or no, or the band to retrace the parts (drums, guitar, bas et cetera) or to overdub their stroke.

I am curious to have a glimpse of what kind of studio interplay took them to finalize HD. I'd think there has been in Jamaica or wherever they stopped to record. And it does not have to be something epic like SFTD, when a political dylanesque ballad turned into a mean sambarock, to make me happy

Right now I'm starving, curious about what SSOH sound like, anyway

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-25 21:26 by maumau.

Date: September 25, 2023 21:28

maumau
Mariuana
maumau
StonedRambler
big4

right, that's enough for the Twins to cool down and give Faithfull her credits... good try, try again

I dunno what the hell that supposed to mean but hey, it's your assumptions vs Mick's exact words and guess who is more credible here

Date: September 25, 2023 21:36

Mariuana
maumau
Mariuana
maumau
StonedRambler
big4

I dunno what the hell that supposed to mean but hey, it's your assumptions vs Mick's exact words and guess who is more credible here

What that means is that it is your assumption vs Marianne's version (that got co-writing credit for a song from the Twins - not exactly an easy task as we know) and that she has continued to play and record the song as one of hers.

guess who's more credible

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-25 21:39 by maumau.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 25, 2023 21:39

keefriffhards
StonedRambler
keefriffhards

Has Keith?

I'm finding you a bit defensive...and offensive.

Posted by: Jackda ()
Date: September 25, 2023 21:39

StonedRambler
keefriffhards
StonedRambler
keefriffhards

If Taylor really was such a good songwriter he would have managed to write anything good himself after he quit the Stones but he didn't. He's a great guitarist though.

As for Keith, I didn't come out with crap, I gave you the quotes of what Keith said himself: That he doesn't write a lot these days. I can give you the quotes again if you want to.

But now please let's get back to topic. This thread is about the upcoming album and not about Mick Taylor.

And if anyone here doesn't like Mick Jagger and the songs he writes I would suggest looking for another band.

No, thanks

I can't bear most of Mick's 75%+ songs (except BS, YCAGWYW, Doom and Gloom), but since I LOVE 90% of the others (Keith's work)....

I also love Mick when he sings or plays harp on Keith's music (Love is Strong, for example).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-25 21:43 by Jackda.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home