Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 18, 2023 16:33

Irix
VoodooLounge13

The picture disc is only available on the Stones webstore and at Bravado, correct?

Officially only available in Universal Music's own stores - [iorr.org] . Alternatively also available on [www.eBay.com] .

Thanks Irix! I need to get this all sorted out here soon, before anything else sells out!!!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 18, 2023 16:43

Jagger/Power interview, cool smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 18, 2023 17:22

I freaking loved that Mick interview.. I don’t care as much about what he talked about or didn’t talk about, but it was the most unguarded and grounded I’ve seen in awhile

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 18, 2023 17:24

gotdablouse
27 minutes, great, started watching it and we have a first scoop, Mick mixed it remotely with Watt and the mixer. Some insight on Angry too.

"So those 23 were not from any previous sessions or part of the 100 tracks written about that Watt waa given to listen to."

The 23 tracks would have to be part of the 100 selection Watt was given ahead of his involvement, around September ?

It's a bit of a pitty that the interview didn't go into more detail as to the material they recorded prior to Charlie's demise. Would have been interesting to hear what went wrong back then according to Mick so that no album could be finished during that time.
Fun thing is, on the one hand Mick puts it like the whole album, everything was done in only a handful of weeks, which suggests to include the song writing, but of course there has been a lot of work done before that, whick Mick acknowledges sort of on the side. So my guess is, the actual recordings that were meant to (potentially) end up on the finished album were made in a rather short time but the selection of songs also harks to stuff demoed over the previous couple of years. Still, would have been cool to hear Mick elaborate on this for a bit, or also to hear what Keith or Ronnie would have to say. Of course it would also be interesting to get Don Was's version of the story, but maybe there's a kind of contractual gag order?

Date: September 18, 2023 17:41

What I noticed about the interview both had nice matching colored backgrounds, now that's a good idea, cool

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 18, 2023 19:26

Thanks for posting that interview

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 18, 2023 19:33

probably not easy to interview Sir Jagger but that is mostly a missed opportunity, imo
Mick is not going deep in things, but he does when triggered (that is amused by the conversation). here you see him fumbling a lot trying to find something to say

I mean, the guy had listened to the album and there were at least 12 news songs he could ask something about

"How was Charlie?" what kind of question is that? Well, he could as well ask Mick: "What's in your mind?"

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 18, 2023 20:24

Yes. "How was Charlie?" But very nice and cool to see - meeting of souls, like that. I am easy to please. smiling smiley

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: September 18, 2023 20:30

DeeGee
bv
Please DO NOT use IORR for distribution of illegal copies of Stones music.

Posting access will be deleted for anyone who ask for, or offer, illegal distribution of Stones music here on IORR.

I don't wanna spoil the party, but isn't copying an article from Rolling Stone or the NYT a copyright infringement too?
Copying a link is ok, but copying the whole content of an article and pasting it here is a violation too - imho.

Cheerio

Sweet Jesus this is a Rolling Stones fan forum. Sounds like you’d be more comfortable on a cliff richard one. Live a little

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 18, 2023 20:51

Well, JuniorJackFlash, DeeGee has a point in that I am afraid. if there's a problem with copyright infringement, the leak of an article that lays behind a paywall is not different from a song not yet released to the general public.

Maybe a Stones quote come in handy here either way: it's no hanging matter, it's no capital crime

smileys with beer

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: September 18, 2023 20:52

@junior - No need to get offensive.

---
5 Strings, 2 Hands, 1 A*****e

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-18 20:53 by DeeGee.

Date: September 18, 2023 20:53

maumau
Well, JuniorJackFlash, DeeGee has a point in that I am afraid. if there's a problem with copyright infringement, the leak of an article that lays behind a paywall is not different from a song not yet released to the general public.

Maybe a Stones quote come in handy here either way: it's no hanging matter, it's no capital crime

smileys with beer

Thanks, I politely disagree at the end of the day it’s only rock n roll…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-18 21:08 by Juniorjackflash.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 18, 2023 20:56

Juniorjackflash
Sweet Jesus this is a Rolling Stones fan forum. Sounds like you’d be more comfortable on a cliff richard one. Live a little

I'm inclined to agree.smiling smiley "You'll Never Make A Saint Of Me" -someone important said that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-18 20:58 by frankotero.

Date: September 18, 2023 20:58

DeeGee

Wasn’t trying to offend you, apologies for doing so. I was just a little puzzled at what you were trying to achieve by posting that message here. This is a wholesome stones fans page that is by a fan, for the fans.

To try and call out someone for a post that is ultimately trying to help fans worldwide read and enjoy a rare article that is otherwise hidden - seems to me, kinda pathetic. You’ve got to get in touch with your roll little more than your rock man x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-18 21:01 by Juniorjackflash.

Date: September 18, 2023 21:12

New subject:

Do you think Charlie would have approved the album cover? I think he wouldn't.

He also wouldn´t have approved the girl´s clothing in the video.

And I agree with Charlie.

Date: September 18, 2023 21:14

Juniorjackflash
DeeGee

Wasn’t trying to offend you, apologies for doing so. I was just a little puzzled at what you were trying to achieve by posting that message here. This is a wholesome stones fans page that is by a fan, for the fans.

To try and call out someone for a post that is ultimately trying to help fans worldwide read and enjoy a rare article that is otherwise hidden - seems to me, kinda pathetic. You’ve got to get in touch with your roll little more than your rock man x

Let me be blunt. With my post I was trying to point out that I think it’s a little pathetic that we are being constantly reminded that it’s illegal to post links to leaked songs here or even speaking about them. Freedom of speech?
But nobody gives a shit if you copy and paste a full article which is legally exactly the same - a copyright infringement…..

Again: that’s hippocrathy in my world.

And if you’d knew me, you knew I’m pretty much roll.

Cheerio

---

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-18 21:29 by DeeGee.

Date: September 18, 2023 21:18

DeeGee
Juniorjackflash
DeeGee

Let me be blunt. With my post I was trying to point out that I think it’s a little pathetic that we are constantly reminded that it’s illegal to post links to leaked songs or even asking for them.
But nobody gives a shit if you copy and paste in the whole article. Again that’s pathetic in my world.

Cheerio

I’m glad to hear that you’re roll. Tell you what Dee - If the boys do make it out again on the road, let’s meet and have a heated 2 minute discussion followed by a reconciled hug and a couple of cold ones.

Date: September 18, 2023 21:22

Juniorjackflash
DeeGee
Juniorjackflash
DeeGee

Let me be blunt. With my post I was trying to point out that I think it’s a little pathetic that we are constantly reminded that it’s illegal to post links to leaked songs or even asking for them.
But nobody gives a shit if you copy and paste in the whole article. Again that’s pathetic in my world.

Cheerio

I’m glad to hear that you’re roll. Tell you what Dee - If the boys do make it out again on the road, let’s meet and have a heated 2 minute discussion followed by a reconciled hug and a couple of cold ones.

I’m all yours pal smileys with beer

---

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 18, 2023 22:07

emotionalbarbecue
New subject:

Definitely! Thankfully Charlie stopped the release of the She Was Hot video too!

Date: September 18, 2023 22:11

LeonidP
emotionalbarbecue
New subject:

Definitely! Thankfully Charlie stopped the release of the She Was Hot video too!

Makes me wonder how „Turd on the run“ passed Charlie

---

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 18, 2023 22:46

LeonidP
emotionalbarbecue
New subject:

And refused to act in "Sex Drive" ;-)

Charlie wasn't a saint, nobody is !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 18, 2023 22:58

Well, so far I have only ordered the Carnaby vinyl and the Japanese SHM Jewel case CD with LIAGT, though I have the CD Single of that song, it isn't SHM format. I'm holding off on the boxset version for now, as I still want to see if anything is added as bonus video material to the Japanese version, and if not, then I'll see if Amazon drops the price around BF. I'm thinking the Fallon press conference might be better suited as an extra on the upcoming making of documentary....but we shall see.

Date: September 18, 2023 23:16

I thought that was a good interview. Jagger has a healthy overview of it all; time, technology, his band. I like that. There is clarity.
He barely squeezed that word 'partnership' out, when talking about Keith, haha.. But he did say it. He has talked a lot about Keith re. the new album.
And he fielded that probing question really well. The one about his peers passing on.
I also liked that Tom said "you understand that this is a big deal to us regular folks" , about Paul playing with them.

Date: September 19, 2023 00:34

DeeGee
LeonidP
emotionalbarbecue
New subject:

Makes me wonder how „Turd on the run“ passed Charlie

Come on...

She Was Hot video vs Diamonds cover&video is comparing Casablanca vs Grease part 2

grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-19 00:36 by emotionalbarbecue.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: September 19, 2023 00:48

Charlie was in the She Was Hot video. And in the Sex Drive video. Am I missing something?

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: September 19, 2023 02:34

donvis
Charlie was in the She Was Hot video. And in the Sex Drive video. Am I missing something?
Yeah. The sarcasm.

Date: September 19, 2023 03:27

The Jagger/Power interview I've got it on mp3 watching it on my big screen television, the one question that was really no need to ask Mick was did he have a good relationship with Paul McCartney, Mick wasn't to sure what he meant. A very interesting interview

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Canadian exclusive interview Mick Jagger Monday Sept 18
Posted by: Maya0104 ()
Date: September 16, 2023 12:19

Here is a sneak peek from the interview where he talks about how it felt to lose his close friend and drummer for The Rolling Stones for over six decades, Charlie Watts.

[fb.watch]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-17 12:56 by bv.

Re: Psst... On Monday, September 18, stay tuned for Tom's Canadian-exclusive interview with the one and only Mick Jagger.
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 17, 2023 01:30

There’s a preview up on the CBC website, starts around 1:05.

[www.cbc.ca]

Re: Canadian exclusive interview Mick Jagger Monday Sept 18
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 17, 2023 15:45

Maya0104
Here is a sneak peek from the interview where he talks about how it felt to lose his close friend and drummer for The Rolling Stones for over six decades, Charlie Watts.

[fb.watch]

That's a great snippet.

Be nice to see the whole interview! Apparently airs on Monday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-17 15:54 by treaclefingers.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Previous page Next page First page IORR home