Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 4, 2023 22:20

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 4, 2023 22:30

Imagine a new Stones album after all this time and when the founders are in their eighties. I must admit my first feeling is that of melancholy though. That more than anything else.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: September 4, 2023 22:31

Do we think Keith will actually bother to fly to London or is the whole live streaming jazz an excuse for them to do it virtually in different locations? Obviously Ronnie and Mick will show up in London, I'm guessing.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 4, 2023 22:34

They will all be in London.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 4, 2023 23:04

Rolling Stones Confirm ‘Hackney Diamonds,’ First Studio Album in Nearly Two Decades

The legendary rock band will livestream their latest offering on Wednesday in a YouTube event with Jimmy Fallon

BY Miles Klee

Septembe 4, 2023

(...)
"The same event will feature Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood chatting on stage with Jimmy Fallon from the London borough of Hackney — a neighborhood “at the heart of” the new album, per the band’s official press release — about the new music and new era ahead."

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 4, 2023 23:09

when in 1982 I bought my first Stones album I knew that I have met something solid so solid that have and could stand the test of time, a gem. Not by chance Time is on my side was the anthem back then.

The music of the band has been the soundtrack of these forty years of my life. I have been skeptical from time to time and I claim that to keep an open and critical mind is fuel for a love that is true,

But being here, after more than forty years and feel the goosebumps waiting to hear a brand new Rolling Stones album, that I could not anticipate, it is far more than I expected and I thank the band for that

and I think of Charlie

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 4, 2023 23:19

mkbbcmr
Bieber, Britney, Miley, Elton, Dua Lipa, Sheeran, Vedder, Iggy, Ozzy, Maroon 5... and now the Stones? Watt!?

Can't help being slightly sceptical. A new sensation when it comes to the Stones who have never disappointed me in 60 years. Okay, there has been the odd track I could have done without (rarely!) but I truly appreciated every single and every LP when they were first released, from "Come On" to "Living In A Ghost Town", from "The Rolling Stones" to "Blue & Lonesome". Now? A little trepidation, I must confess. Based on his (highly dubious) body of work, I don't really trust that Watt fella. Would love to be proven wrong, though.

He does appear to be chameleon-like with his tendency to go from one extreme to another, and the way he infiltrates a vast array of differing genres, artists, and musicians - sometimes with mixed results.
But if it's any consolation, as far as we know he's only involved with three tracks, and maybe his overall presence will be minimal, though no doubt it will be felt. To what extent, good or bad, we'll find out soon enough.
That being said, hoping Steve Jordan has some production credits as he's always seemed to have a firm grasp on what it takes to make something sound great with minimal intrusion while keeping it simple.
Ultimately, with the numerous cooks in the kitchen for this album (multiple producers, multiple special guests, etc.), there should be lots of variety with something for everyone, just as their always is.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 4, 2023 23:21

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 4, 2023 23:27

Lien
[www.facebook.com]

Nice ! Dude's a "HGV CLASS 1 Rigger driver at Television industry" ;-)

Looks like an elaborate setup in the making.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: September 4, 2023 23:33

Hackney Empire is an old restored theater, hopefully we get more than one song, looks like a cool, old place to play!

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: September 4, 2023 23:36

Looks like no audience, maybe some selected press and friends and family. Cool!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 4, 2023 23:37

My best photo from my sneaky peak inside the Empire grinning smiley

Date: September 4, 2023 23:39

Ok, it didn't post, but it was blurry rubbish anyway grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-04 23:40 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 4, 2023 23:39

Hairball
mkbbcmr
Bieber, Britney, Miley, Elton, Dua Lipa, Sheeran, Vedder, Iggy, Ozzy, Maroon 5... and now the Stones? Watt!?

Can't help being slightly sceptical. A new sensation when it comes to the Stones who have never disappointed me in 60 years. Okay, there has been the odd track I could have done without (rarely!) but I truly appreciated every single and every LP when they were first released, from "Come On" to "Living In A Ghost Town", from "The Rolling Stones" to "Blue & Lonesome". Now? A little trepidation, I must confess. Based on his (highly dubious) body of work, I don't really trust that Watt fella. Would love to be proven wrong, though.

He does appear to be chameleon-like with his tendency to go from one extreme to another, and the way he infiltrates a vast array of differing genres, artists, and musicians - sometimes with mixed results.
But if it's any consolation, as far as we know he's only involved with three tracks, and maybe his overall presence will be minimal, though no doubt it will be felt. To what extent, good or bad, we'll find out soon enough.
That being said, hoping Steve Jordan has some production credits as he's always seemed to have a firm grasp on what it takes to make something sound great with minimal intrusion while keeping it simple.
Ultimately, with the numerous cooks in the kitchen for this album (multiple producers, multiple special guests, etc.), there should be lots of variety with something for everyone, just as their always is.

I see your point Hairball but I beg to differ in that I say: if it has to be Mr Wotman, Mr Wotman be in charge of the whole thing and let's see the result of the alchemy. So I hope he is the producer not just of the 3 tracks he's getting writing credit.

Steve Jordan I love for many reasons (the realisation of CH is a huge merit) but then, speaking of recent output, I am not crazy about Bettye Lavette new album soundwise. Not even close to Lavette's peak, My own hell to raise

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-04 23:51 by maumau.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: September 4, 2023 23:50

Cristiano Radtke
Rolling Stones Confirm ‘Hackney Diamonds,’ First Studio Album in Nearly Two Decades

The legendary rock band will livestream their latest offering on Wednesday in a YouTube event with Jimmy Fallon

BY Miles Klee

Septembe 4, 2023

(...)
"The same event will feature Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood chatting on stage with Jimmy Fallon from the London borough of Hackney — a neighborhood “at the heart of” the new album, per the band’s official press release — about the new music and new era ahead."

[www.rollingstone.com]

This sentence in the article surprised me: "The LP is set to debut worldwide on Wednesday with an exclusive YouTube livestream". Wonder if that's actually true or if only the new single will be streamed?

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: September 4, 2023 23:51

Did the Stones ever play the Hackney Empire Theater early on?

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 4, 2023 23:55

Cristiano Radtke

For those of you technical illiterates like me, here's how to record a YouTube livestream event for posterity!

how to record YouTube livestream

Drew

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 4, 2023 23:55

Plink
Did the Stones ever play the Hackney Empire Theater early on?

Ronnie Wood did

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 5, 2023 00:04

Plink
Cristiano Radtke

BY Miles Klee

Septembe 4, 2023

(...)

[www.rollingstone.com]

This sentence in the article surprised me: "The LP is set to debut worldwide on Wednesday with an exclusive YouTube livestream". Wonder if that's actually true or if only the new single will be streamed?

Odd indeed, I can't imagine they'll stream the whole album ! Maybe snippets of each song ? I can't imagine they'll discuss the songs in detail either as that's likely to make Mick super impatient with Keith...

As for

The Rolling Stones toured Europe last summer to celebrate their 60th anniversary, and with another record around the corner, they show no sign of slowing down, despite Richards and Wood being in their late 70s and Jagger turning 80 in July

Well not really since they had to "slow down" and cancel a tour after an "injury" for Mick, but of course that will not be discussed on Wednesday...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-05 00:04 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: September 5, 2023 00:14

gotdablouse

Well not really since they had to "slow down" and cancel a tour after an "injury" for Mick, but of course that will not be discussed on Wednesday...

This is overshadowed by the tour that came after, which was postponed over a year because of covid. And the tour before that wasn't cancelled it was only postponed I think 4-5 months because of Mick's heart thing

Edit: I realize now you were referring to the latest tour that never happened

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-05 00:41 by bengigan.

Date: September 5, 2023 00:14

Date: September 5, 2023 00:17

bengigan
gotdablouse

This is overshadowed by the tour that came after, which was postponed over a year because of covid. And the tour before that wasn't cancelled it was only postponed I think 4-5 months because of Mick's heart thing

There hasn't yet been a tour after Mick's injury.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 5, 2023 00:18

Cristiano Radtke

[www.showbiz411.com]

Damn!

I thought they had people to carry their gig stuff for them?!

Date: September 5, 2023 00:28

treaclefingers
Cristiano Radtke

[www.showbiz411.com]

Damn!

Are they missing the old days? grinning smiley

Terry O'Neill

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 5, 2023 00:31

gotdablouse
Lien
[www.facebook.com]

Nice ! Dude's a "HGV CLASS 1 Rigger driver at Television industry" ;-)

Looks like an elaborate setup in the making.

Dudette

Date: September 5, 2023 00:34

I'm here in Hackney, if anyone has any contacts, names to drop etc, please hit me up. I'd love to get into the press conference on Wednesday. My email is not hidden

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: September 5, 2023 00:38

My guess is that the press conference will introduce the album in terms of confirming the title, artwork and the track titles, but I doubt we'll hear any of the album beyond the complete single. I also wonder if a music video of the single will make its debut (stemming from the photoshoot that took place a number of months ago).

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 5, 2023 00:46

Cristiano Radtke
treaclefingers
Cristiano Radtke

[www.showbiz411.com]

Damn!

Are they missing the old days? grinning smiley

Terry O'Neill

Ha ha, good one Cristiano!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: September 5, 2023 00:49

Only two sleeps to go - I'm excited!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 5, 2023 01:02

Who's sleepin .....

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2079
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home