Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 3, 2023 19:20

Gram

Keith’s Instagram - something new

More "Don't get angry with me" stickers .... this time on cars:

[www.Instagram.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 3, 2023 19:33

Another collectors' item.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 3, 2023 19:36

Looks a bit photoshopped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-03 22:08 by MAF.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 3, 2023 20:20

Yeah, kind of strange these people have the stickers. Where did they get them? Anyhow pretty cool to keep the interest high I guess.

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: September 3, 2023 20:23

Rocky Dijon
paulspendel
The bass on the end coming in is clearly played with a plectrum, Wyman
style.

Paul, please don't take away the dreams of Macca saving the Stones just when all hope was lost. Especially when it's only their original bass player returning for his first original Stones number since 1991.

Rocky, unwittingly you just came up with the most appropriate album title: When all hope was lost.

Date: September 3, 2023 20:55

frankotero

Where did they get them?

If it's not photoshopped, then Universal Music let these stickers print and people from their marketing team spread them in a guerrilla manner. Probably similar to the logo projections before.

But with Photoshop you'll get almost the same pictures at a fraction of the costs.

Date: September 3, 2023 21:00

More and more I hope they're not over selling the album. I'm wishing to be impressed on Wednesday. Then I can explode with happiness!

Date: September 3, 2023 21:06

frankotero
More and more I hope they're not over selling the album. I'm wishing to be impressed on Wednesday. Then I can explode with happiness!
Very difficult tokeep up. But what are we expecting to get in terms of songs Wednesday? 1 song?

Date: September 3, 2023 21:08

Yes, well that's what I understand. There's a single released on Wednesday, right?

Date: September 3, 2023 21:15

PaintMonkeyManBlack

But what are we expecting to get in terms of songs Wednesday?

Probably album announcement plus first single - which seems to be 'Don't Get Angry'.

If you look at the newspaper-ad, they could play 'Satisfaction', 'Shattered', 'Don't Get Angry' and 'Gimme Shelter'. But who knows if they'll do something live.

Date: September 3, 2023 21:23

They won't play live. It'll just be a press event.

Date: September 3, 2023 21:35

Topi

They won't play live. It'll just be a press event.

So a "boring" press conference like ABBA did on 2-Sep-2021 to announce their 9th studio album after 40 years:

[www.YouTube.com]

ABBA belongs to Universal Music - like the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-03 21:45 by Irix.

Date: September 3, 2023 21:37

I don't know how "boring" it will be, that remains to be seen! smiling smiley

Posted by: Putty ()
Date: September 3, 2023 22:08

That riff from the snippet has already stuck on my head.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 3, 2023 22:37

I've been out prowling around Hackney this afternoon (I'm staying 5 mins from the Empire), but, unfortunately I failed to find a single sticker, and I was searching pretty hard!

(So, potentially, yes, they are just photoshopped)

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 3, 2023 22:48

The sticker and small posters in Berlin were obviouslsy real. Universal Germany sent the photes by e-mail.

Posted by: Putty ()
Date: September 3, 2023 23:05

No photoshop here

[instagram.com]

Date: September 3, 2023 23:20

Putty

No photoshop here

It's a Instagram-Story. But it's always the same hand. Maybe she's decorating her home?

[Instagram.com] - (use a Instagram web viewer to show a Story)

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 3, 2023 23:35

Where is press conference coming from or is that secret?

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 3, 2023 23:42

Supposedly from the Hackney Empire, London

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 4, 2023 00:33

Cristiano Radtke
There's some interesting song titles registered on the ASCAP website. Those marked with (*) features Andrew Watt as co-writer.

Angry *
Bite my Head Off
Depending on You *
Dreamy Skies
Driving me Too Hard
Get Close *
Live by the Sword
Mess it Up
Sweet Sounds of Heaven
Tell me Straight
Whole Wide World

[www.ascap.com]

Interesting that Keith claimed to have had "three dynamite riffs" and that Macca claims that Andrew Watt came aboard to mediate between Mick and Keith. It would appear the Andrew that ended their recording career played the same role as the Andrew at the beginning. Indeed, he is also filling the role that Ronnie or Don Was previously were able to do successfully until they "hit a wall" as some of us love to say. As much as "Angry" sounds like something Mick came up with that sounded Stones-ish, there is the possibility that Andrew Watt's three writing credits are for Keith's "three dynamite riffs" that he helped steer between the two Glimmers.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 4, 2023 00:42

They would have to rehearse with the whole band if they were to play live. It seems this would have leaked by now. However it would be very cool if a live performance did happen this week. Maybe on the back of a flatbed truck - haha!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 4, 2023 01:21

maybe a flatbed Tesla .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: September 4, 2023 01:37

Perhaps at Hatton Garden, London's Diamond District in Camden.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 4, 2023 02:21

Rocky Dijon
Cristiano Radtke
There's some interesting song titles registered on the ASCAP website. Those marked with (*) features Andrew Watt as co-writer.

Angry *
Bite my Head Off
Depending on You *
Dreamy Skies
Driving me Too Hard
Get Close *
Live by the Sword
Mess it Up
Sweet Sounds of Heaven
Tell me Straight
Whole Wide World

[www.ascap.com]

Interesting that Keith claimed to have had "three dynamite riffs" and that Macca claims that Andrew Watt came aboard to mediate between Mick and Keith. It would appear the Andrew that ended their recording career played the same role as the Andrew at the beginning. Indeed, he is also filling the role that Ronnie or Don Was previously were able to do successfully until they "hit a wall" as some of us love to say. As much as "Angry" sounds like something Mick came up with that sounded Stones-ish, there is the possibility that Andrew Watt's three writing credits are for Keith's "three dynamite riffs" that he helped steer between the two Glimmers.

I've also been wondering which of the songs feature Keith's thee dynamite riffs - provided they made the final cut. I would rather have guessed that the Watt songs are not the Keith songs - provided the rumours that Keith was not so found of choosing Watt as a further producer are domewhat correct.

For my part, I hope that Keith's reggae (if the is one) is reserved for a b-side and not part of the album. The reggaes alsways seemed like foreign bodies on the albums.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 4, 2023 02:41

I recall hearing a lot of the album described as "soulful," but we've also heard it's eclectic. That's really an accurate description for most Stones albums. You don't want all open-G rockers or another album of blues covers or all country or even a fast and slow side again. To me, it's never about what genre they're playing, it just matters if I love the song.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: September 4, 2023 02:49

Rocky Dijon
I recall hearing a lot of the album described as "soulful," but we've also heard it's eclectic. That's really an accurate description for most Stones albums. You don't want all open-G rockers or another album of blues covers or all country or even a fast and slow side again. To me, it's never about what genre they're playing, it just matters if I love the song.

smileys with beer

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 4, 2023 03:30

Rockman
maybe a flatbed Tesla .....

I highly doubt Mick would be dumb enough to do such a thing knowing it's a sham.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 4, 2023 03:45

StonedRambler
I agree that Bridges to Babylon has aged really good. It just sounds like a good modern album that doesn't try to catch up to their "golden era" but rather like the Stones creating new music in 1997. Just as Some Girls is great because they didn't try for it to be another exile but rather a new and innovative peace of art.

Therefore I believe it is right to bring a modern producer like Andrew Watt an board. No matter how much they would try to do another Sticky Fingers or Exile, there never will be another Sticky Fingers or Exile. Because it's impossible to relive the past. But it is possible to create art in the here and now.

Absolutely.

Now, not then.

BRDIGES has aged fantastically. Regardless of what I don't care for, it's an amazing album. I know this won't make sense, maybe, but it equals UNDERCOVER in terms of The Rolling Stones being different - and really good, just not... with everything.

But enough.

BRIDGES still shines. VOODOO and BANG... not so much. Barely.

That's just how it is.

Living In A Ghost Town was excellent.

Hopefully the new album has that integrity.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 4, 2023 04:06

maumau

in a few hours we will begin to have answers to all questions, Mr Wotman's role included (big hint being if Keith plays or not in the tracks co-written by the producer).

For what is worth, though, reading about and listening to Pop, Osbourne and Vedder's albums, Watt's working process seems to follow predictable guidelines in terms of songwritings input and credits, session musicians involved and even guests appearences (see Elton John both in Ordinary Man and Picture (where you have Vedder's counting intro btw spinning smiley sticking its tongue out )

He's also been known to contribute some guitar (among other instruments) to many of those recordings. He could possibly play the same role that Waddy Wachtel did on Bridges where Waddy played a variety of guitar (electric and acoustic) on quite a few tracks. Not sure if Keith would go for any of that, especially if there's any truth to the story of him having issues with Watt's production tactic's, but guess we'll find out soon enough!
Meanwhile, here's a clip of Andrew Watt wildly shredding away...he certainly has some shredability skills, but probably best suited for the Ozzy's of the world. If indeed he does play any guitar on the Stones album, hope he reels it in and shows a bit of class and respect for the Stones...maybe some acoustic and/or basic rhythm at the most. Please leave the rest to Keith, Ronnie...and even Mick.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2170
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home