Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: erad ()
Date: September 3, 2023 01:30

campxray
Irix
Kingbeebuzz

Who the f... is Andrew Watt??

Andrew Watt - Wikipedia.org .

On 3 Stones-tracks he got Composer & Lyricist credits. Along with the non-Stones related guests it looks like as if the Stones have not enough own ideas.

Andrew Watt is the producer of the album. I also don't like the fact that he helped and got credit for 3 songs and other guests on album. It is like they don't have enough of their own ideas. Long time ago, they said many times the album is almost completed, yet here we are with different people. I think Mick has been working hard on it for a long time, and I hate to say this, but I don't think his writing partner had the same enthusiasm as Mick, nor on the same page as Mick. Possibly different ideas. And for heaven's sake ... his name as Watt next to the songs ... many people think their the song Charlie's playing on.
Here's the thing, back in the day on some of their best albums everything was credited to Jagger/Richards, despite this not always being the case and others having a hand in writing the songs. The most (in)famous instances of this have documented with MT co writing various tunes with Jagger but then not receiving any credit. Ry Cooder also... So it's not really a new thing for the band, at least this time they are seemingly giving credit where it's due!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 3, 2023 01:30

The Rolling Stones Offer a Tease of New Song ‘Angry’ — For The Lucky Few Who Can Get To It

The song sample, from a new album reportedly titled 'Hackney Diamonds,' is frustrating fans who find it impossible to load online due to heavy site traffic

Peter Helman
09/02/2023

The Rolling Stones are urging fans not to get angry with them over a frustratingly error-prone website promising a clip of a new song called, appropriately enough, "Angry."

Dontgetangrywithme.com, which launched today and states that it is "experiencing heavy traffic," does play a 16-second clip of new music — when it's not loading an error page.

"Sorry, don't be angry with me," the Rolling Stones are repeatedly responding to disgruntled listeners on social media who can't get the page to load, jokingly mimicking the new song's lyrics.

"Angry" is the first preview of the new album, reportedly titled Hackney Diamonds, that the Rolling Stones have been teasing with a cryptic ad in a UK-based local newspaper. It is the band's first LP since 2016's blues covers collection Blue & Lonesome and their first album of original songs since 2005's A Bigger Bang.

The record features contributions from bassist Bill Wyman, who hadn't played on a Stones album since 1989's Steel Wheels; drummer Charlie Watts, who died in 2021; and the two surviving Beatles Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr.

[themessenger.com]
--

Another report of Ringo being on the new album.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 3, 2023 01:42

Interesting to read all the past songs that it reminds folks of. For me, I thought it sounded a bit like It Won’t Take Long. And so I thought it was ABB leftover.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 3, 2023 01:54

The well's run dry, and therefore Andrew Watt came in to save the day, but at this stage nothing will do, the album will be talked about for a couple of weeks and is over....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 3, 2023 02:04

ROPENI
The well's run dry, and therefore Andrew Watt came in to save the day, but at this stage nothing will do, the album will be talked about for a couple of weeks and is over....

It will be interesting to see what happens to the Stones new release when Taylor Swift's new one is launched on October 27. An epic battle between two phenomenally successful acts from two very different eras.

Drew

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 3, 2023 02:20

campxray
Irix
Kingbeebuzz

Who the f... is Andrew Watt??

Andrew Watt - Wikipedia.org .

On 3 Stones-tracks he got Composer & Lyricist credits. Along with the non-Stones related guests it looks like as if the Stones have not enough own ideas.

Andrew Watt is the producer of the album. I also don't like the fact that he helped and got credit for 3 songs and other guests on album. It is like they don't have enough of their own ideas. Long time ago, they said many times the album is almost completed, yet here we are with different people. I think Mick has been working hard on it for a long time, and I hate to say this, but I don't think his writing partner had the same enthusiasm as Mick, nor on the same page as Mick. Possibly different ideas. And for heaven's sake ... his name as Watt next to the songs ... many people think their the song Charlie's playing on.

Somewhat of mystery how this guy ever got involved with the Stones, but according to Paul McCartney it was Mick who thought it was a good idea.
Young hotshot contemporary dude having worked with a variety of artists - from Miley Cyrus. Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran and Post Malone, to Elton, Iggy, and Ozzy...to name just a few.
Not sure what exactly his contributions will be to the new Stones album, but from what we know (Production,Composer & Lyricist credits) and have heard (Angry), his presence will be felt for better or worse.
And while Mick thought it was a good idea, evidently Keith had some issues with his involvement - might have come down to giving him too many credits, or could be a variety of reasons (aka "not Stones material").

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-03 02:23 by Hairball.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: September 3, 2023 02:35

Nice Mick solo track there... I miss Charlie and hope he's on more than just a couple tracks. I've always liked at least some, in many cases a lot of the newer material but that seriously sounds more like Mick solo than anything from the Stones. Granted, it's only 19 seconds...

Date: September 3, 2023 02:51

Hairball

Andrew Watt is the producer of the album.

And while Mick thought it was a good idea, evidently Keith had some issues with his involvement...

Keith's purported issues with Watt might have been disseminated by the source of the apocryphal Ringo rumor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-03 02:52 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 3, 2023 02:55

I find the posts on this board amusing. They are out of ideas, How dare they bring in an outsider like Watt, the markeiting is overkill, from about 8 seconds of actual music it doesn't sound promising etc. For crying out loud wait and hear the whole song and album. I'm happy to get anything at this point and I'm not expecting Exile On Main Street just hoping to hear one last decent sounding album from my favorite band.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 3, 2023 03:12

True slew ..... but ya know already
that all thee old guys on here wont like .....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 3, 2023 03:24

bye bye johnny
Hairball

And while Mick thought it was a good idea, evidently Keith had some issues with his involvement...

Keith's purported issues with Watt might have been disseminated by the source of the apocryphal Ringo rumor.

Not sure, but it was georgelicks who originally posted it here, and he is usually a reliable insider source when it comes to sharing what he might know or might have heard.
Not saying everything he says always turns out right, or is absolutely always true, but I doubt he would spread rumours if he didn't have some sort of inkling behind a story.

Date: September 3, 2023 03:33

Okay ... passing the buck ....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 3, 2023 03:44

Hairball
bye bye johnny
Hairball

Not sure, but it was georgelicks who originally posted it here, and he is usually a reliable insider source when it comes to sharing what he might know or might have heard.
Not saying everything he says always turns out right, or is absolutely always true, but I doubt he would spread rumours if he didn't have some sort of inkling behind a story.

georgelicks quoted a post on the Plásticos y Decibelios website.

[iorr.org]

Date: September 3, 2023 03:50

apparently ..... well okay

ROCKMAN

Date: September 3, 2023 04:03

bye bye johnny
Hairball
bye bye johnny
Hairball

georgelicks quoted a post on the Plásticos y Decibelios website.

[iorr.org]

Yes that was it:

"But, apparently, Keith Richards does not agree with the production tactics of the fashion producer with whom they have worked, Andrew Watt"

Fact or fiction? Who knows....

Again, I don't think georgelicks would randomly post gossipy rumours from various websites unless there might have been some sort of truthfulness to it, or he had an inkling about it.
You can believe it or not, and maybe it's false, but it doesn't seem too farfetched to believe it's true. Maybe georgelicks can chime in to clear the air, or to say he just randomly posted gossipy rumours.
And by the way, no mention of Ringo's involvement in that story from Plásticos y Decibelios - only a mention of Paul McCartney.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-03 04:05 by Hairball.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 3, 2023 05:39

bv
ProfessorWolf
where did they find a payphone?winking smiley

London and UK do still have lots and lots of these traditional red payphone boxes. I just love them. But I wonder who is using them, as we all have our own phones these days.

Well, there’s still around 10,000 in London, with around half being operational. I, myself, haven’t used one in twenty years.

Date: September 3, 2023 05:46

Big Al
bv
ProfessorWolf

London and UK do still have lots and lots of these traditional red payphone boxes. I just love them. But I wonder who is using them, as we all have our own phones these days.

Well, there’s still around 10,000 in London, with around half being operational. I, myself, haven’t used one in twenty years.

Same here Big Al, it's been about twenty years sine I last used one.
The last time was right near the old Astoria club, and I think it must have been converted in to a urinal/drug den!
I've been back to London and the Uk several times since then, but always avoid the payphone boxes like the plague...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-03 05:47 by Hairball.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 3, 2023 06:05

Hairball
Big Al
bv
ProfessorWolf

Same here Big Al, it's been about twenty years sine I last used one.
The last time was right near the old Astoria club, and I think it must have been converted in to a urinal/drug den!
I've been back to London and the Uk several times since then, but always avoid the payphone boxes like the plague...

last time i used one was 2017 at a walmart

within a year that was gone and i haven't seen one since

seems like a lot of the rest of the world has kept them around unlike the us

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: September 3, 2023 06:30

It may have been 18 years, but I plan to approach this new album like I have approached every previous Stones album. I buy it right away and take my first listen. There will be one or two songs that I either love or really like at the first listen, and one or two songs that I don’t care for. Then I will listen to the album over and over again for a few weeks. There will be songs that didn’t make a strong impression on me at first listen, but that will grow on me over time. As always, I look forward to a new Stones album. I make no pronouncements based on a few second snippet of a song. I need to hear the whole thing. I can hardly wait! My absolute, positive favorite band is putting out a new album! Life is good.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: September 3, 2023 06:40

JadedFaded
It may have been 18 years, but I plan to approach this new album like I have approached every previous Stones album. I buy it right away and take my first listen. There will be one or two songs that I either love or really like at the first listen, and one or two songs that I don’t care for. Then I will listen to the album over and over again for a few weeks. There will be songs that didn’t make a strong impression on me at first listen, but that will grow on me over time. As always, I look forward to a new Stones album. I make no pronouncements based on a few second snippet of a song. I need to hear the whole thing. I can hardly wait! My absolute, positive favorite band is putting out a new album! Life is good.

Very well stated, and I agree entirely with this approach and philosophy.

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 3, 2023 06:55

slew
I find the posts on this board amusing. They are out of ideas, How dare they bring in an outsider like Watt, the markeiting is overkill, from about 8 seconds of actual music it doesn't sound promising etc. For crying out loud wait and hear the whole song and album. I'm happy to get anything at this point and I'm not expecting Exile On Main Street just hoping to hear one last decent sounding album from my favorite band.

Holy shit you had better not expect for an LP like EXILE ON MAIN STREET, that album was a shitshow when it came out.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 3, 2023 07:00

Rocky Dijon
peoplewitheyes
Counting in a song sounds like such a cliché, I was disappointed to hear that

If I'm honest I was disappointed the second I heard the drums and guitar. I was really hoping for a polka. And then when Mick sang in English, I mean we've had sixty years of almost everything sung in English. I was really hoping for German or Polish this time.

I was thinking more in lines of the vocal being a tad bit Aptenodytes patagonicus but the guitaring being totally Eudyptes moseleyi.

But, whatever, it could all amount up to Eudyptula minor.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 3, 2023 07:34

Rocky Dijon
peoplewitheyes
Counting in a song sounds like such a cliché, I was disappointed to hear that

If I'm honest I was disappointed the second I heard the drums and guitar. I was really hoping for a polka. And then when Mick sang in English, I mean we've had sixty years of almost everything sung in English. I was really hoping for German or Polish this time.

As Tears go By?

Rod

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 3, 2023 07:35

Hackney Diamonds v Rockstar who will take out the album of the year for 2023

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 3, 2023 07:40

slew

So true. To expect another Exile or Sticky might be a bridge too far! But another Rolling Stones album? Yes please. I seem to recall, also, a lot of guests on both Exile and even Sticky?

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-03 07:42 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: September 3, 2023 08:08

It will be interesting to see if Keith is even playing on the songs with the guy Mick brought in. I heard the Glimmer Twins went to the Caribbean or somewhere remote a while back. I really had high hopes that they would be writing together, collaborating together, playing together, and we would get something closer to the magic these two create when they work together. The more I hear about them bringing in babyface part two, the more worried I get. Worried I guess isn’t the right word, as it’s just an album by a band I like, but I’m really hoping this is something special…I guess I won’t say anymore until I hear it. The good news is we’re a couple days away from a new song, and a couple weeks away from a new album, and hopefully just a few minutes away from a new tour.

CHELSKEITH

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 3, 2023 08:18

I think this is gonna be a Mick project for better or worse. Jagger has a very valid approach to the band.
Keeping them current is and always has been very important,the band was on the verge of extinction when Mick put Some Girls together.
And make no mistake,that record was 97% Mick Jagger.punk, disco, some hybrid rap( shattered) who did that? Bill. Charlie, Ronnie,Keith? Get real.

I think he’s more than earned a shot at this.but also there’s no tour so I’m hoping next spring we go on the road,put out another record and it’s the lowdown dirty real deal No fckng around Keith Richards show.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: September 3, 2023 08:34

Look, Steve basically had to force Keith to record his last solo album and to take the time and write actual songs. Keith was ready for retirement. Still, lots of songs remained somewhat more fragments or ideas than actually complete work. Mick is still writing and he’s been the driving force for a while, Keith just has his usual nostalgic comments on the process. I totally approve of Mick getting in Andrew Watt to challenge the band.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 3, 2023 09:16

LorenzAgain
Look, Steve basically had to force Keith to record his last solo album and to take the time and write actual songs. Keith was ready for retirement. Still, lots of songs remained somewhat more fragments or ideas than actually complete work. Mick is still writing and he’s been the driving force for a while, Keith just has his usual nostalgic comments on the process. I totally approve of Mick getting in Andrew Watt to challenge the band.

Fair enough, but you underestimate Keith Richards at your own peril.Steve getting him to mess around and lay down some solo tracks is one thing, when you’re talking about The Rolling Stones you’ve got one bad man’s attention.
He will put up with this nonsense for only so long,if there’s a tour next year I’ll bet money there’s another record.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 3, 2023 09:55

Topi
paulywaul

O really ? Well, if that's how they "intended" it, then in my humble opinion ... it's a load of bo**ocks ! Simply f***ing stupid !

Hope you clicked on "Tell us what you think" and told them that! grinning smiley

Can't be f***ing bothered !

It they create a link, it should work. If it doesn't work, then to be quite honest .... f**k off ! That's what I think !

Life's too short for this kind of c**p !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2207
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home