Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: August 31, 2023 13:21

How Can I Stop, boring???? Now I've heard it all......

I implore you to sit and listen again. It's a masterpiece. If it had been the Stones' final song it would have been a good one to go out on.

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: August 31, 2023 13:31

bakersfield

I implore you to sit and listen again. It's a masterpiece. If it had been the Stones' final song it would have been a good one to go out on.

One of Charlie’s finest!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 31, 2023 13:41

How Can I Stop is a lovely song. Thief in The Night and Losing My Touch are clunkers, though; at least, for me.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 31, 2023 13:44

kind of disagree Al....KR on Losing My Touch sounds pretty awesome to me....heartfelt. As if the dumb pirate veneer is off....and this is the real Keith.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 31, 2023 14:47

Man I LOVE all of those Keef songs!!!! If I was forced to pick a clunker, I'd have to go with Hurricane. Losing My Touch, How Can I Stop, Thief in the Night - those are all sublime jazzy-mellow songs. The type you walk into an unknown, nondescript bar in the wee hours of a rainy, dark night to have a single glass of whiskey, neat, and there's a band playing on a small stage at the opposite end of this tiny smoke-filled bar, where you're one of only about 8 patrons. Just phenomenal stuff.

I also like the 2 cuts on ABB, though I know many on here do not.

Date: August 31, 2023 14:48

I also noticed this morning that one must hit the Hackney Diamonds glass 4 times to make it shatter. Fitting.

Posted by: jana ()
Date: August 31, 2023 14:49

I must say that Keith's ballads are my favorite, usually. Don't get me wrong, I love a good rock'n'roll song and will scream my lungs out when Mick starts with his "give me an oh yeah!", but Losing My Touch, How Can I Stop, Thief in the Night, The Worst, You Don't Have To Mean It or even Memory Motel (Mick & Keith) hit equally as hard, just in different spots.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: August 31, 2023 15:06

I'm hoping for a whole side of Keith's 'boring jazzballads'.

Date: August 31, 2023 15:22

shows in vegas and nyc? wait? what?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 31, 2023 15:31

PaintMonkeyManBlack
shows in vegas and nyc? wait? what?

All Doug said was those are "rumored". Nothing more. Didn't mention anything about when.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-31 15:32 by Topi.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 31, 2023 15:35

PaintMonkeyManBlack

shows in vegas and nyc?

Maybe a few shows like end of 2012 ?

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 31, 2023 15:48

I don't think I've managed to actually get through Keef's Babylon ballads.. So dull!

Posted by: ARB ()
Date: August 31, 2023 15:57

Anyone else get the email talking about a “new Stones era?” Anyone think it could be residency in a city, say at the Empire in Hackney to start?

“Sittin, thinkin, sinkin, drinkin…”

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: August 31, 2023 16:04

ARB
Anyone else get the email talking about a “new Stones era?” Anyone think it could be residency in a city, say at the Empire in Hackney to start?

Yes, definitely. Acoustic set of the new album with Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor. At least 3 hrs long.
drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-31 16:05 by Roadster32.

Date: August 31, 2023 16:07

I don't think they are going to announce any shows, let alone residencies, on Wednesday. They will obviously be asked about shows, and the answer to those questions will be interesting.

But this is about the new album only at this point.

Also, they are not going to perform music live on Wednesday. It's just a press conference.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 31, 2023 16:15

ARB

See here before openig emails - it may be a phishing scam...... [iorr.org]

Date: August 31, 2023 16:45

ARB

Anyone else get the email talking about a “new Stones era?”

Another question would be: has everyone received this eMail from HackneyDiamonds.com ?

Got nothing so far, although there were never issues with eMails from Universal Music.

Update: received the eMail now with the 'Questions to the Stones'. But never received the eMail with the pictures of the tongue projections, hinting a 'new Stones era'.

Seems this 'new Stones era' eMail was sent to those who are only on the Rolling Stones mailing list, but are not on the Hackney Diamonds mailing list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-31 20:05 by Irix.

Date: August 31, 2023 16:55

I got mine late last night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-31 16:55 by Topi.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 31, 2023 16:55

EddieByword
ARB
Anyone else get the email talking about a “brand new Stones era?”

See here before openig emails - it may be a phishing scam...... [iorr.org]

The "Welcome To Hackney Diamonds" email is from UMG, sent to those on the Rolling Stones email list.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: August 31, 2023 17:07

What is it I wonder that makes the Stones think they have to go through this long, drawn out charade of “teasing” out this new album.

Why not just release it?

Seriously........why go to the lengths of projected light shows, press conferences. Etc etc.?

The album is so long overdue that many of the tracks are likely to be several years old rather than “new”, more accurately described as “unheard”.

Logically, the album will be bought by hard core Stones fans whatever is actually on it. The fans who have over the years bought the exact same song over and over again on differently packaged releases.

I would suggest that every one else in this internet / social media world will listen via streaming platforms like Spotify and only then buy the physical album if the majority of the songs are to their liking.

I for one have in recent decades bought Stones albums eg A Bigger Bang which I don’t play at all.........I listen by streaming.

For this new album I will certainly listen to all the songs often, but I will no longer actually buy the album......I will stream and create my own Stones playlists.

So can anyone explain why we have to endure this delay in issuing the album. Surely in today’s world it could just be issued and then the effort put into directing people to stream and buy it.

At this rate many of us, who have been with the Stones since they literally started, will have died waiting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-31 17:11 by Kingbeebuzz.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 31, 2023 17:16

jana
I must say that Keith's ballads are my favorite, usually. Don't get me wrong, I love a good rock'n'roll song and will scream my lungs out when Mick starts with his "give me an oh yeah!", but Losing My Touch, How Can I Stop, Thief in the Night, The Worst, You Don't Have To Mean It or even Memory Motel (Mick & Keith) hit equally as hard, just in different spots.

All About You is one of my all time favorites!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 31, 2023 17:25

Keith's ballads are the man's soul. With few exceptions ("This Place Is Empty" didn't do much for me) they're sublime. That said, a ballad plus a rocker would be nice.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 31, 2023 17:27

Kingbeebuzz
What is it I wonder that makes the Stones think they have to go through this long, drawn out charade of “teasing” out this new album.

Why not just release it?

Seriously........why go to the lengths of projected light shows, press conferences. Etc etc.?

The album is so long overdue that many of the tracks are likely to be several years old rather than “new”, more accurately described as “unheard”.

Logically, the album will be bought by hard core Stones fans whatever is actually on it. The fans who have over the years bought the exact same song over and over again on differently packaged releases.

I would suggest that every one else in this internet / social media world will listen via streaming platforms like Spotify and only then buy the physical album if the majority of the songs are to their liking.

I for one have in recent decades bought Stones albums eg A Bigger Bang which I don’t play at all.........I listen by streaming.

For this new album I will certainly listen to all the songs often, but I will no longer actually buy the album......I will stream and create my own Stones playlists.

So can anyone explain why we have to endure this delay in issuing the album. Surely in today’s world it could just be issued and then the effort put into directing people to stream and buy it.

At this rate many of us, who have been with the Stones since they literally started, will have died waiting.

The whole campaign is not for the Hardcore fans. They want attention from newspapers and people who are semi-interested in them. And I think it's fun. So why Not?

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 31, 2023 17:33

Unleashe the Lion

Date: August 31, 2023 17:35

Kingbeebuzz

Why not just release it? Seriously........why go to the lengths of projected light shows, press conferences. Etc etc.?

I had the same question, when the rumors again said that's just a press conference. A 'talk show' where they say that they were very busy the last 18 years and that the new album took so long because of that?

Apple does elaborate keynotes in their own Steve Jobs Theatre. Few decades ago, I often went to large computer or consumer electronics fairs - and ended up buying what was in the printed catalogue or dealer ad. Nowadays I'm sometimes even bored by Apple's keynotes and just buy the product from the online store. Apple introduces new products also by press-release when they're not interesting enough for a keynote.

If the Stones do just a boring press conference, then they could also announce the new album via social media.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 31, 2023 17:39

Spud
I love the "torch singer" side of Keith

...it's all about balance with the rockier stuff he's more celebrated for.

Nearness of You is fabulous...just suits his voice so well.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: August 31, 2023 17:40

bakersfield

It is fantastic, underrated, Rolling Stones song.
Wayne Shorter on Saxophone...!!!!!

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: August 31, 2023 17:50

I did register but haven't received any e-mail from Universal (yet). Maybe only the first so-many fans get sent anything.

Oh and Keith has sung on at least three or four decent songs on Stones albums since the late 60s (sarcasm) winking smiley.

---ut oh! Just when I posted this, I DID receive an e-mail. "Any Questions?"---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-31 17:55 by SomeGuy.

Date: August 31, 2023 17:55

I have to agree the hype is not for us, but rather for the millions who wear shirts with a tongue on it and have NO clue what it means! I think UMG is really pushing the marketing to ensure as much as possible one last #1 album for our boys!!! I think the whole campaign is fabulous!!! I still have trepidation with Watt producing and now cowriting, but this marketing campaign does have ME excited, so I would imagine that a lot of other, haphazard fans are also going hmmmmmmm what's up with these tongues popping up everywhere? I think I have a shirt somewhere with one of those on it. Think I'll wear it tomorrow. LOL

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: August 31, 2023 17:55

drwatts
I'm hoping for a whole side of Keith's 'boring jazzballads'.

That sure would be a nightmare to me. I hope for none - it was such a relief that he had no vocals on Blue and Lonesome.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2013
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home