Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 30, 2023 06:53

VoodooLounge13
So the 6th it is!!!! That website is cool!!! Love how ya keep hitting the glass and then it shatters (no pun intended!) into the countdown. They've really done a killer job on the marketing for this album. And I guess after 18 years, what the hell, it's kinda warranted!!! I am in the camp of 11 songs might be a bit short for the time that's elapsed. Hopefully there are a couple more songs to be added.

No!

Shorter the better!

The "trend" is to get back to quality, not quantity. What we don't need are songs filling up space like Always Suffering, Might As Well Get Juiced, Sparks Will Fly, Blinded By Rainbows, You Got Me Rocking, Streets Of Love, Sweet Neocon and, well, you get the point.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 30, 2023 06:55

I agree with only 3 of the songs you listed. One of which should have been a Jagger solo track. After 18 years I was hoping for a double album! Lol

Date: August 30, 2023 06:55

amg077
Apparently, they left out Living in a Ghost Town, I thought they were going to include it in the album

Why would they do that? It's a stand alone single.

HBT? Sure. But not part of the album.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 30, 2023 07:03

The Rolling Stones website is being updated as well.

Date: August 30, 2023 07:25

Just release the damn single!!!

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: August 30, 2023 07:33

Hairball
big4
StonesSmeth99
Hairball
Things are heating up, and the countdown is on............> Hackney Diamonds

Countdown now showing 7 days and 19 hours and 36 minutes - so 2.30pm next Wednesday (UK time), some kind of announcement.

My birthday! Sweet!!

Happy Birthday in advance big4 - there's going to be a lot of celebrating going on! thumbs up

Thank you very kindly for the early b'day wishes!

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: August 30, 2023 08:53

In the past haven’t they done display advertising in cities getting your stops? Maybe this is a short residency in each city?

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: August 30, 2023 08:58

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
So the 6th it is!!!! That website is cool!!! Love how ya keep hitting the glass and then it shatters (no pun intended!) into the countdown. They've really done a killer job on the marketing for this album. And I guess after 18 years, what the hell, it's kinda warranted!!! I am in the camp of 11 songs might be a bit short for the time that's elapsed. Hopefully there are a couple more songs to be added.

No!

Shorter the better!

The "trend" is to get back to quality, not quantity. What we don't need are songs filling up space like Always Suffering, Might As Well Get Juiced, Sparks Will Fly, Blinded By Rainbows, You Got Me Rocking, Streets Of Love, Sweet Neocon and, well, you get the point.

I not agree, You Got Me Rocking and Blinded By Rainbows are good Stones songs with quality.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: August 30, 2023 09:51

wupperstein
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

No!

Shorter the better!

I not agree, You Got Me Rocking and Blinded By Rainbows are good Stones songs with quality.

Yes. I think the quality have been overall very good 1989- (om albums) but the albums have been lacking that huge hit that makes the album stick.. also if they would have made some of the songs more regular in setlists they would have a broader following of the latter day material. When people tell me that ”everything they have Done sounds the same” ”no good songs since EOMS” I do not agree.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 30, 2023 09:55

MizzAmandaJonez

In the past haven’t they done display advertising in cities getting your stops?

They did this logo projection also for the Blue & Lonesome album - [www.Facebook.com] .

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 30, 2023 10:56

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

No!

Shorter the better!

But I love Always Suffering, Sweet Neo-Con and Streets of Love. You don’t. Put out lots. Let US DECIDE. Just on OUR likes/dislikes, we’d have had an EP only and songs at least ONE of us liked would never have seen the light of day!

Rod

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 30, 2023 11:06

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

No!

Shorter the better!

Huh, Streets of Love was the biggest hit from Bigger Bang. That was no filler song!

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: August 30, 2023 11:17

maumau
1. Wellington Arch
2. Museum of arts and designs, Manhattan
3. Rotes Rathaus, Berlin
4. Cine Callao, Madrid
5. Paris
6. ?
7. Sydney?
8. Tate Modern, London
9. Chrysler Building, NY
10. Somewher in Berlin (from a sign in the low right angle of the photo)

Number 10 should be Brunnenstraße 185 in Berlin , not far from Alexanderplatz. There is an ad of Y4all, an Yoga and Fitnessclub. On google street view you can identify the red front of the building .

Tom

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 30, 2023 11:29

6th of september! As it is my daughter's birthday I'm having the day off and now it seems Big Daddy's getting a present as well!
grinning smiley

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: August 30, 2023 11:39

I think nr 7 is in Chicago.
[www.chipublib.org]

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: August 30, 2023 11:45

slewan
RG
What a great marketing!
So now we already Know the cities they will play during the Hackney Diamonds Tourwinking smiley!

if this is true than Berlin will get two shows (the 3rd and the last picture were taken in Berlin!)

Das dritte Bild dürfte an der Eastside Gallery sein, oder?
Aber das letzte? Bitte wo in Berlin ist das?

LG
Flo

---
5 Strings, 2 Hands, 1 A*****e

Date: August 30, 2023 11:46

spunky

I think nr 7 is in Chicago.

No, picture #7 is definitely Sydney, Australia, 230 Elizabeth St (Surry Hills) - Google StreetView .

Date: August 30, 2023 11:48

peoplewitheyes
Just a reminder that I'm going to be in Hackney for all next week, so if you have any intel, let me know and I shall investigate most humbly

This is hardly "intel" at this point, but the countdown clock on the website points to Wednesday, September 6th.

FWIW, Gazza on Rocksoff posted on Sunday morning that he had heard from three separate sources that Wednesday, September 6th would be the announcement date. [rocksoff.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-30 11:56 by Topi.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: August 30, 2023 11:49

Also a logo on the Brooklyn bridge in New York.

Date: August 30, 2023 11:50

DeeGee

See here - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: August 30, 2023 12:00

Irix
DeeGee

See here - [iorr.org] .

Yeah' saw it too - thanks Irix

---
5 Strings, 2 Hands, 1 A*****e

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 30, 2023 12:14

The full tour this year is rather impossible, but maybe they could do something like in 2012? Two shows in London and NYC to promote the new album?

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: August 30, 2023 12:17

Wikipedia shows an album cover
[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: August 30, 2023 12:20

bernard90mike

Wikipedia shows an album cover

It's part of the seven artworks which shortly leaked on 21-Aug-2023 from artist's website - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-30 12:25 by Irix.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 30, 2023 12:20

slewan
slewan
RG
What a great marketing!
So now we already Know the cities they will play during the Hackney Diamonds Tourwinking smiley!

if this is true than Berlin will get two shows (the 3rd and the last picture were taken in Berlin!)

… but honestly I don't think that these pictures indicate shows in the cities where these pictures were taken (otherwise I would result in a kind of zig-zag tour with one very few dates all across teh western hemisphere… rather unlikely, I guess.)

All these cities have at least one thing in common; an Universal Music Office

Date: August 30, 2023 12:37

OK, hands up, who admits to editing that Wikipedia entry? smiling smiley

Date: August 30, 2023 12:45

Topi

OK, hands up, who admits to editing that Wikipedia entry?

It should definitely be edited, because many things are still not correct there.

Date: August 30, 2023 12:47

Starting with "blues rock" band.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 30, 2023 13:10

Lien
slewan
slewan
RG
What a great marketing!

… but honestly I don't think that these pictures indicate shows in the cities where these pictures were taken (otherwise I would result in a kind of zig-zag tour with one very few dates all across teh western hemisphere… rather unlikely, I guess.)

All these cities have at least one thing in common; an Universal Music Office

so it was easy to do these projections. Has anybody actually see them? Or were they just displayed for five minutes to take the photos?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 30, 2023 13:14

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

No!

Shorter the better!

The advantage of a shorter, good album is it leaves you wanting more. Psychologically that's what I would prefer. A very good "traditionally-sized" album that makes appetite for more, and then after a not too long time a follow-up album (provided there are enough fully finished songs).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home