Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11
OT: Taylor Swift stuff
Posted by: Anthony80 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:48

Not so long ago, Keith was praising "Ed Sheerden", in particular. He also said that Taylor Swift wouldn't last. How did he know this?

Current sales apart, I really don't rate any of her Midnights album highly, at all. Tbh, I've enjoyed quite a lot of her output in the past, that I've heard.

Did Keith ever expound upon his comment regarding Ms. Swift's artistic integrity/legacy?

I'm not as think as you stoned I am.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-13 10:57 by bv.

Re: Keith On Taylor Swift
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 00:49

Just saw she has the top 10 singles on Billboard, first time ever by any artist!

Posted by: Anthony80 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 01:01

DGA35
Just saw she has the top 10 singles on Billboard, first time ever by any artist!

I still don't think it means Taylor's latest is the greatest, though!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 01:12

Anthony80
DGA35

I still don't think it means Taylor's latest is the greatest, though!

I actually don't know any of her music!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 1, 2022 01:24

Regardless of your feelings about her, she has been extremely successful for a long period of time. Keith was dead wrong on this one. No doubt about that.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 1, 2022 01:41

She's a talented musician.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 1, 2022 02:10

Sadly, it's not really a contest where there are cool artists and uncool artists. Music I find insipid is still crafted by talented songwriters and producers and the artists I sneer at are still very talented performers. That's how they reached their stage and stayed there for more than a single album. It's not about sales or who is better. That's a question of taste.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 05:29

DGA35

An amazing feat really. And to chart all 20 songs is even more impressive when considering 7 of those songs are only available for download. I’ve said elsewhere that Midnights is indeed a weak album. Interestingly though the 3 songs that I do like on this album all fall into that 3am space of the extra 7 tracks.

Maybe it has something to do with me usually being up past midnight?!?! LMAO

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 1, 2022 05:38

Anthony80
Not so long ago, Keith was praising "Ed Sheerden", in particular. He also said that Taylor Swift wouldn't last. How did he know this?

Current sales apart, I really don't rate any of her Midnights album highly, at all. Tbh, I've enjoyed quite a lot of her output in the past, that I've heard.

Did Keith ever expound upon his comment regarding Ms. Swift's artistic integrity/legacy?

I could take what Keith said about Taylor Swift more seriously if Mick had remotely alluded to it - and even with Mick I'd be leery.

The gap is showing.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 1, 2022 05:52

GasLightStreet
Anthony80

I could take what Keith said about Taylor Swift more seriously if Mick had remotely alluded to it - and even with Mick I'd be leery.

The gap is showing.

i think what keith said was something to the effect that he's seen a lot women in the industry created built up and then discarded and that he saw this was likely what would happen to her

clearly he was wrong and i don't care for her music or the music of anyone in her generation but she's obviously here to stay

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: November 1, 2022 09:50

... Talk is cheap..!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 09:59

VoodooLounge13
DGA35

An amazing feat really. And to chart all 20 songs is even more impressive when considering 7 of those songs are only available for download. I’ve said elsewhere that Midnights is indeed a weak album. Interestingly though the 3 songs that I do like on this album all fall into that 3am space of the extra 7 tracks.

That's not true. They're available on streaming Services and that is why they top the charts. In the earlier days you bought an album and the Sales numbers went straight into the album charts. Today streams count for both - Album and singles Sales. I don't believe she sold many physical copies.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: November 1, 2022 10:59

hockenheim95
VoodooLounge13
DGA35

That's not true. They're available on streaming Services and that is why they top the charts. In the earlier days you bought an album and the Sales numbers went straight into the album charts. Today streams count for both - Album and singles Sales. I don't believe she sold many physical copies.

600k vinyl in the us in a week apparently [www.nme.com]

Also Keith def wrong here

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 1, 2022 11:05

Rocky Dijon
Sadly, it's not really a contest where there are cool artists and uncool artists. Music I find insipid is still crafted by talented songwriters and producers and the artists I sneer at are still very talented performers. That's how they reached their stage and stayed there for more than a single album. It's not about sales or who is better. That's a question of taste.

thumbs up

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 1, 2022 11:20

yorkshirestone
hockenheim95
VoodooLounge13
DGA35

600k vinyl in the us in a week apparently [www.nme.com]

Also Keith def wrong here

I was refering to physical copies of singles. Of course albums are different... I should have been more precise.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 1, 2022 11:29

I lost track of all ‘contemporary’ music a near decade ago. I’d always purchase the latest Adele, Beyoncé, Rihanna, etc. I also followed the, then current, ‘rock scene’ The Killers, Arctic Monkeys, and so on. Despite my love for my dad’s dusty vinyl, I still, somewhat, had a finger on the pulse of the present. I didn’t envisage a time when I, quite simply, wouldn’t be interested at all. However, it’s happens. I suspect the Stones’ forthcoming release will be the only ‘new’ album I purchase over the next year. My most recent purchase? A Gerry & The Pacemakers compilation and a collection of Cliff Richards’ rock n’roll-era recordings. It says it all, really. I’m not even forty, yet!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 1, 2022 11:59

I dont know any of her songs - certainly not albums! I just found out that Lady Gaga is pretty cool. After watching that sad country-movie A star is born. I have yet to discover Swift.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 1, 2022 14:24

A big audience for songs for heart broken, pissed-off girls.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 1, 2022 15:59

She uses like 15 songwriters for every album she does any people rave how she is this amazing song writer. She is the media's darling, don't say a bad word about her.

Date: November 1, 2022 16:01

hockenheim95
VoodooLounge13
DGA35

The entire 3am edition is available for DL on her website. I thought it was on Apple Music as well, but if not, at the very least, it IS available for download on her website, so YES, it IS available for download.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 1, 2022 16:14

Hmmm...normally I slavishly follow Keith's advice on all new music as he's clearly very into the "teen scene", and would naturally have a good grasp on what's a 'winner' and what's not.

It's all a little disorienting now for us fans that are not able to tell on our own what we like, without some assistance from "ear to the ground", "pulse on the beat" guitar player.

Date: November 1, 2022 16:33

Date: November 1, 2022 17:07

I bet she won him over after that!!

Date: November 1, 2022 17:09

Hound Dog
She uses like 15 songwriters for every album she does any people rave how she is this amazing song writer. She is the media's darling, don't say a bad word about her.

I have to respectively disagree with this statement. Her primary collaborators have been Jack Antonoff, Bryce Dessner, and Aaron Dessner for a long while now, with Antonoff being the primary partner. Prior to these 3 it was Shellback for a time. Does she bring in other collaborators? Of course. Does it distract from her writing ability or popularity or success? No. To me, I think it's a smart use of outsiders.

I really enjoyed the Independent Folkie version of Taylor. The new album is a huge miss for me. Am I a big fan? No, but in a world when most musicians are created almost in a lab, or better on a computer, the fact that she DOES write her own music already propels her ahead of so many other sh!tty artists out there.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: November 1, 2022 18:18

I love The Stones, but I could care less what Keith Richards thinks about other artists. That doesn't affect my like or dislike for any particular artist.

Date: November 1, 2022 18:20

Boognish
I love The Stones, but I could care less what Keith Richards thinks about other artists. That doesn't affect my like or dislike for any particular artist.

100%. His comments on Kurt Cobain were harsh and I still love both bands (Hell, Kurt initially hated on Pearl Jam).

Date: November 1, 2022 19:16

She just announced a new tour. It'll be interesting to compare her numbers with the Stones' in 2023.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 1, 2022 19:20

DGA35

Incredible to think that she might get toppled by the Beatles for the #1 spot in the UK:

Taylor VS The Beatles

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 1, 2022 19:24

Keith was spot on about rap. This, not so much. Maybe he means, like he did with rap, that it's not his kind of music.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: November 2, 2022 01:34

Boognish

Surely you ‘couldn’t care less’ then?

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1432
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home