Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11
Re: Keith On Taylor Swift
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 17, 2022 00:22

Yep ... red roses to the lonely and help old ladies across the street

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 17, 2022 10:58

treaclefingers
Hmmm...normally I slavishly follow Keith's advice on all new music as he's clearly very into the "teen scene", and would naturally have a good grasp on what's a 'winner' and what's not.

It's all a little disorienting now for us fans that are not able to tell on our own what we like, without some assistance from "ear to the ground", "pulse on the beat" guitar player.

They should bring back a TV format in the style of Juke Box Jury but only featuring Keith with the jukebox

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 17, 2022 16:10

Nikkei
treaclefingers
Hmmm...normally I slavishly follow Keith's advice on all new music as he's clearly very into the "teen scene", and would naturally have a good grasp on what's a 'winner' and what's not.

It's all a little disorienting now for us fans that are not able to tell on our own what we like, without some assistance from "ear to the ground", "pulse on the beat" guitar player.

They should bring back a TV format in the style of Juke Box Jury but only featuring Keith with the jukebox

LOL. I actually watched an entire episode of that on YouTube with Johnny Rotten/Lydon on the panel. It was hilarious and yes, Keith would be completely watchable with Keith as the "Decider In Chief".

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 17, 2022 23:28

Now there won't be a general sale? I thought they held tickets aside for the general sale. What gives? Never seen anything like this! Break up TM! They're incompetent.

[www.msn.com]

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 17, 2022 23:43

NashvilleBlues
Now there won't be a general sale? I thought they held tickets aside for the general sale. What gives? Never seen anything like this! Break up TM! They're incompetent.

[www.msn.com]

Not always. Not if they sell them all during all the presale.

So, now are you going to see Taylor Swift now? Buy secondary or not go?

Date: November 17, 2022 23:47

Dan
NashvilleBlues

[www.msn.com]

Are you saying this has happened before? I’d like to see an example of when a general online sale was totally canceled.

I’m not going. I’m not a fan. But, that doesn’t mean I don’t care about people getting shafted.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 17, 2022 23:48

treaclefingers
Nikkei
treaclefingers

LOL. I actually watched an entire episode of that on YouTube with Johnny Rotten/Lydon on the panel. It was hilarious and yes, Keith would be completely watchable with Keith as the "Decider In Chief".

Well, the Stones were panelists on the show in 1964. As usual, that episode is wiped, of course. However, there’s images from their appearance, I seem to remember.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 17, 2022 23:51

Big Al
treaclefingers
Nikkei
treaclefingers

Well, the Stones were panelists on the show in 1964. As usual, that episode is wiped, of course. However, there’s images from their appearance, I seem to remember.

A brief snippet of audio:

[m.youtube.com]

Date: November 17, 2022 23:51

ROCKMAN

Date: November 17, 2022 23:56

NashvilleBlues
Dan
NashvilleBlues

[www.msn.com]

Are you saying this has happened before? I’d like to see an example of when a general online sale was totally canceled.

I’m not going. I’m not a fan. But, that doesn’t mean I don’t care about people getting shafted.

OF COURSE YOU ARE NOT!

The people whining the loudest are the ones who have no intention of going.

And yes, it has happened before. Not necessarily canceled, just nothing available or held back for later.

I mean if 3.5 million people registered for 2 million, why would you be holding any back?

Date: November 18, 2022 00:06

Dan
NashvilleBlues
Dan
NashvilleBlues

[www.msn.com]

OF COURSE YOU ARE NOT!

The people whining the loudest are the ones who have no intention of going.

And yes, it has happened before. Not necessarily canceled, just nothing available or held back for later.

I mean if 3.5 million people registered for 2 million, why would you be holding any back?

Calm down. This can all clearly affect us in the future. I’m hoping they can get in front of it before it affects us.

And, if all have been sold in a pre-sale previously, nothing would be left for the general sale. But you cannot give me any examples.

Date: November 18, 2022 00:19

NashvilleBlues

Calm down. This can all clearly affect us in the future. I’m hoping they can get in front of it before it affects us.

And, if all have been sold in a pre-sale previously, nothing would be left for the general sale. But you cannot give me any examples.

I go to concerts on a near nightly so who is to say I haven't been affected? But tickets are pretty much the last detail I worry about anymore. And there is no getting in front of having more demand than supply other than just playing more shows.

On to the examples.

At the risk of a flurry of replies of people proud to tell me how ignorant they are, the Bad Bunny arena tour last year, which also crashed Ticketmaster, the presale cleaned out most of the house. Aside from platinum tickets of course. But he is not at the same level of national consciousness so it wasn't a major news story. At least not that I heard. Common for smaller gigs like some of the Netflix Is A Joke events such as David Letterman at the Fonda Theatre. There was a posted general sale but nothing was available. Maybe Pete Davidson too but I forget who else.

I know I have seen it before but these are two that immediately come to mind. Possibly Adele? Definitely the residency if not the arena tour.

These articles don't mention the general sale being canceled but there definitely were no face value tickets right on the dot of the appointed time.

[www.digitalmusicnews.com]

[www.ticketnews.com]

Date: November 18, 2022 00:21

Dan
NashvilleBlues

I go to concerts on a near nightly so who is to say I haven't been affected? But tickets are pretty much the last detail I worry about anymore. And there is no getting in front of having more demand than supply other than just playing more shows.

On to the examples.

At the risk of a flurry of replies of people proud to tell me how ignorant they are, the Bad Bunny arena tour last year, which also crashed Ticketmaster, the presale cleaned out most of the house. Aside from platinum tickets of course. But he is not at the same level of national consciousness so it wasn't a major news story. At least not that I heard. Common for smaller gigs like some of the Netflix Is A Joke events such as David Letterman at the Fonda Theatre. There was a posted general sale but nothing was available. Maybe Pete Davidson too but I forget who else.

I know I have seen it before but these are two that immediately come to mind. Possibly Adele? Definitely the residency if not the arena tour.

These articles don't mention the general sale being canceled but there definitely were no face value tickets right on the dot of the appointed time.

[www.ticketnews.com]

Are you calling me ignorant?

And, I’m totally aware Ticketmaster has crashed before. Those Bad Bunny articles say nothing about tickets not being available for face value during the general sale. Please show me where I missed that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-18 00:28 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: November 18, 2022 00:27

NashvilleBlues

NO. Anticipating all the people coming in to tell us they never heard of Bad Bunny (so how could be sell out an arena tour clean during the presale followed by a stadium tour grossing up to 11 million a night).

Kinda like every time your favorite venue announces an event on Facebook and most of the replies are people who never heard of the act and simultaneously telling us tickets are too expensive.

Date: November 18, 2022 03:02

So if the presale were primarily of Swift FANCLUB sales, and that caused a sellout, then I could totally see them selling everything as the prime audience are the ones that are buying her music through her website (I think I read that's how you got access to the presale).

With that said, I've never heard of this before. Normally presales through Amex or other corporates are limited to certain sections. The presale sells out the dedicated presale tickets, and nothing else.

Can you imagine a Stones show where the whole stadium got sold to Amex holders and no one else even got a chance. There'd be a riot.

Anyway, we're just speculating which means we don't actually know anything...however it seems like this massive sellout has to do with mostly Fan Club and maybe some Capital One presales. Unbelievable. My daughter just told me it's the biggest tour in history (I have no idea if it is).

And yeah, she's not going but she feels slightly better knowing it was almost hopeless getting a ticket.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 18, 2022 03:07

That is definitely not a good thing. The whole idea behind the verified fan premise is to eliminate the whole bot issue. Doesn’t seem like that worked here. Man I almost miss the good ol’ days when you actually had to line up outside a TM venue to buy tickets when they went on sale on Saturday am.

Date: November 18, 2022 03:52

VoodooLounge13
That is definitely not a good thing. The whole idea behind the verified fan premise is to eliminate the whole bot issue. Doesn’t seem like that worked here. Man I almost miss the good ol’ days when you actually had to line up outside a TM venue to buy tickets when they went on sale on Saturday am.

Yeah. I was first in line for two of the best shows I ever saw, Pearl Jam 1994 and Tool the day Lateralus was released (first show of the tour with 8 live debuts in the Tabernacle in Atlanta.).

I am guessing it was a simpler time back then. Now, you know people would pay someone to wait in line for them. Even if they went back to the old way, I have serious doubts it’d be as simple as it was in the 90s and early 00s, even though I waited in line 17 hours for the Pearl Jam tickets. Got in line for the Tool tickets a few minutes before they went on sale. Guy behind me got no tickets. Sold out that quickly (oddly, they went on sale at 2 on a Tuesday. Two, Tue, Tool?). And there were tons of fake tickets. Show was to start at 8. Didn’t start till around 10, due to weeding out the fakes, if I recall correctly.

Date: November 18, 2022 04:35

NashvilleBlues
Dan
NashvilleBlues

On to the examples.

[www.ticketnews.com]

And, I’m totally aware Ticketmaster has crashed before. Those Bad Bunny articles say nothing about tickets not being available for face value during the general sale. Please show me where I missed that.

It's not in any article because it wasn't particularly newsworthy. But they weren't.

DGAF if you believe it.

Date: November 18, 2022 04:36

VoodooLounge13

What makes you think BOTS were involved?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 18, 2022 05:46

Dan
NashvilleBlues

[www.msn.com]

Sell all of them during presale?

PREsale?!!? BEFORE they're on sale!!?? How can they sell anything before it's on sale!!??

Date: November 18, 2022 05:48

GasLightStreet
Dan
NashvilleBlues

[www.msn.com]

PREsale?!!? BEFORE they're on sale!!?? How can they sell anything before it's on sale!!??

I think, therefore I am.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 18, 2022 05:53

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Dan
NashvilleBlues

[www.msn.com]

I think, therefore I am.

But you don't pre-think.

Date: November 18, 2022 05:57

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Dan
NashvilleBlues

[www.msn.com]

I think, therefore I am.

But you don't pre-think.

Well I pre-think, and not only that if a tree falls in the forest and nobody's there, I still think I hear it,

Sort of like phantom pain I guess.

Date: November 18, 2022 11:20

treaclefingers
So if the presale were primarily of Swift FANCLUB sales, and that caused a sellout, then I could totally see them selling everything as the prime audience are the ones that are buying her music through her website (I think I read that's how you got access to the presale).

With that said, I've never heard of this before. Normally presales through Amex or other corporates are limited to certain sections. The presale sells out the dedicated presale tickets, and nothing else.

Haven't you ever looked at the interactive map in a presale and see the whole venue lit up? That means theoretically it could happen for any show with a presale.

Sometimes Citi or Amex Preferred might have smaller allotments but an artist presale code or LiveNation presale often opens up the whole venue.

Can you imagine a Stones show where the whole stadium got sold to Amex holders and no one else even got a chance. There'd be a riot.

If by riot, you mean more whining on message boards, then sure.

Date: November 18, 2022 21:55

Dan
treaclefingers

Haven't you ever looked at the interactive map in a presale and see the whole venue lit up? That means theoretically it could happen for any show with a presale.

Sometimes Citi or Amex Preferred might have smaller allotments but an artist presale code or LiveNation presale often opens up the whole venue.

If by riot, you mean more whining on message boards, then sure.

Actually no, I never have seen that. Presales I've seen have always restricted to certain seats in certain sections. Nor have I seen ALL TICKETS sold in a presale. The term 'presale' indicates there will be a "main sale" that occurs after the presale.

I'm not picking a fight with you...you've seen it apparently, I have never ever seen that nor is that logical.

Date: November 19, 2022 03:09

Here is the written proof of a general sale being canceled. Not Bad Bunny. Not even a year ago. Now that I think about it I think the same thing happened for the SoFi shows.

[www.bandwagon.asia]

Date: November 19, 2022 03:22

Dan
Here is the written proof of a general sale being canceled. Not Bad Bunny. Not even a year ago. Now that I think about it I think the same thing happened for the SoFi shows.

[www.bandwagon.asia]

Well there we go, it went to BTS members...so if you're crazy enough to pay or otherwise to join their club, this is how it should happen. It's going to the most rabid fans.

Not to AMEX or Capital One holders. I'd suggested earlier that I thought that may have happened to the Taylor Swift show but I think there were other 'issues' at play as well.

Date: November 19, 2022 03:29

Do an El Chapo and dig a tunnel inta venue

Just make sure ya start a few months before her gig ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 19, 2022 05:33

Rockman
Do an El Chapo and dig a tunnel inta venue

Just make sure ya start a few months before her gig ....

There's time...it's a spring start!

Date: November 19, 2022 07:30

Come up under the stage ...

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home