Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: OT: Taylor Swift stuff
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 7, 2023 21:22

mad

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 7, 2023 23:27

Never been interested in TS, but I have seen her live once at Summer Sonic Osaka 2010. She was the sub to headliner Stevie Wonder on the main stage. Caught her performance briefly, for about half an hour or so, using the gap between Jónsi (of Sigur Rós) and Pixies on the indoor stage, who were more of my musical taste. I don’t remember much about her show except that she giggled often while chatting between songs. Musically speaking, it was comfy country pop, that was the impression I got.

And I saw Eras Tour the movie yesterday. Was just curious, “what all the fuss is about?” As my image of Swift had remained the way I got 13 years ago, I was quite surprised and impressed with what I saw on the screen. Much of her more recent stuff is bass-heavy, thumping electro dance (to some degree, at least) music type, crushing and forceful. The stage production is nothing short of spectacular, there are a number of jaw-dropping moments. Just astonishing.

Well, that was a cheap and worthwhile substitute for the real thing, the most hyped tour as of this moment. Caution: this must be a big spoiler and buzz killer for those who are grasping expensive tickets with expectation for the forthcoming show in their area yet to happen in another few months. You’ve been warned!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 9, 2023 16:58

J-J-Flash
Taylor Swift fans obsess over her numbers, my daughter's friend literally has 15 copies of her rereleased album, hasn't opened one cause she streams her music to get her numbers up... and look at this...

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

That's hysterical, and yet not funny at all. I have 15 copies of the new HD myself - now if only all Stones fans were as fanatical! angry smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 9, 2023 17:23

VoodooLounge13
J-J-Flash
Taylor Swift fans obsess over her numbers, my daughter's friend literally has 15 copies of her rereleased album, hasn't opened one cause she streams her music to get her numbers up... and look at this...

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

That's hysterical, and yet not funny at all. I have 15 copies of the new HD myself - now if only all Stones fans were as fanatical! angry smiley

There's no point in bragging unless you have over 20 copies.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: November 9, 2023 17:23

That's silly

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: November 9, 2023 18:21

Swift fatigue.

Date: November 10, 2023 03:42

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
J-J-Flash

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

There's no point in bragging unless you have over 20 copies.

Well, if we want to be technical, I only have 14 in my possession at the current moment - still awaiting the boxset's arrival. Though I do have a duplicate of the black vinyl that Platomania sent in error, so I guess technically there are 15 copies in house!! LOL

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 10, 2023 04:40

RisingStone
And I saw Eras Tour the movie yesterday. Was just curious, “what all the fuss is about?” As my image of Swift had remained the way I got 13 years ago, I was quite surprised and impressed with what I saw on the screen. Much of her more recent stuff is bass-heavy, thumping electro dance (to some degree, at least) music type, crushing and forceful. The stage production is nothing short of spectacular, there are a number of jaw-dropping moments. Just astonishing.

Interesting. Thanks for the observation.

Date: November 10, 2023 23:53

With Anti-Hero being nominated for Song of the Year at the '24 Grammies, she has now broken a 3-way tie with Macca and Lionel Richie for most nominations in that category with 6. She now has 7. She has, however, yet to win, but Anti-Hero is expected to win this time.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 11, 2023 00:03

Meanwhile, in Argentina:

[twitter.com]

Date: November 11, 2023 00:06

Cristiano Radtke
Meanwhile, in Argentina:

[twitter.com]

hmmm...have the Rollingas switched teams?!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 11, 2023 00:14

treaclefingers
Cristiano Radtke
Meanwhile, in Argentina:

[twitter.com]

They're rehearsing for when the Stones come back there. grinning smiley

Date: November 11, 2023 16:37

Cristiano Radtke
treaclefingers
Cristiano Radtke
Meanwhile, in Argentina:

[twitter.com]

They're rehearsing for when the Stones come back there. grinning smiley

hot smiley

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 11, 2023 16:58

My wife and I went to see her in concert movie (I'd never pay the kind of bucks to see her shows so I figured this would be the next best thing and way cheaper to boot!) last weekend. Her music is certainly not my cup of tea and I only knew maybe 3-4 of her tunes, but I have to say that I was pretty impressed with the show that she puts on for three hours. You may not like her music, but the gal delivers for her fans. Very impressed!

Date: February 23, 2024 17:50

Well thankfully The Stones haven't TOTALLY taken every page out of Taylor's playbook just yet!! For her new album dropping in April, she's releasing a new version of the album every week here, each one featuring a different bonus track, so collectively if you want all the songs, you have to buy all the editions!!! So far there are 3 different variants, not counting all the different formats for each. Am sure Japan will have one definitive version at some point LOL

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 23, 2024 18:41

She currently rules the world.
Nobody bigger, nobody better.

Date: February 23, 2024 19:21

She's a marketing genius. The Swifties were starting to complain with her last album though about all the bonus tracks and cash grab LOL

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 23, 2024 19:39

Taylor did make a nice gesture to the family of the woman who was killed during the KC victory parade. Sent $100000. Even though she's not my cup of tea musically, I have no problem with Taylor.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 23, 2024 23:13

VoodooLounge13
She's a marketing genius. The Swifties were starting to complain with her last album though about all the bonus tracks and cash grab LOL

SOP for any artist with any following. It's a given a sizeable percentage of your fan base is afflicted with OCD of varying intensity therefore they are ripe for picking. KISS is the most merciless when it comes to exploiting these people and keeping them impoverished but almost everyone does it now.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 24, 2024 06:07

VoodooLounge13
Well thankfully The Stones haven't TOTALLY taken every page out of Taylor's playbook just yet!! For her new album dropping in April, she's releasing a new version of the album every week here, each one featuring a different bonus track, so collectively if you want all the songs, you have to buy all the editions!!! So far there are 3 different variants, not counting all the different formats for each. Am sure Japan will have one definitive version at some point LOL

I'm amazed at the mania with her. I've heard her music because of people around me and it's fun etc but it's not... A Day In The Life or Gimme Shelter.

Ok. That's that. She's not that kind of songwriter/artist.

BUT.

Somehow she's amassed a gargantuan following around the world. Her albums stream high but they sell even better (figuratively speaking). She's more like Led Zeppelin than The Rolling Stones: somehow at some point she connected with people in a way that's "more". It's not just "girl power". It's multi-generational in a recent sense ie younger people, whatever that even means anymore, but from my understanding, Gen X parents with their children and the next generation.

It's beyond respectable. Maybe some people have issue with the fact that she's a girl (woman) getting the attention she is. Just like with anything else, it shouldn't affect, or effect, how one sleeps.

When Wayne Gretzky was destroying National Hockey League records in the early mid 1980s a lot of people were, nowadays, haters: this young kid is ruining the sport!

That mentality changed as he continued to dominate the NHL and set 61 records, as I recall, which is now down to 60 last I knew.

It's not much different in regard to Taylor Swift - or for that matter, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin.

I don't care for Elton John or Rush and a few others (KISS are the absolute worst band ever), great respect for them but I don't go on and on about how I don't like them: I simply don't have to listen to them. And guess what - what anyone says about them means zero to me, it only means something to them.

Talking trash about DIRTY WORK is different ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Date: February 25, 2024 02:20

I would agree she probably isn't writing songs of the caliber of A Day In The Life or Gimme Shelter, but she has got some amazing songs. And some of her lyrics are downright brilliant IMO. I'd suggest giving all of Evermore a listen. I think it's her most mature album to date. I do really like Anti-Hero as well. She's come a long way from Tim McGraw - her first single, which I absolutely loved. Didn't care for her fake country crap thereafter and was glad when she crossed over to pop, where she belonged. Hard to find fault with the wholesome image she portrays (compared to say Nikki Minaj or any other scantily clad female performer these days); the fact she writes her own music (also a scarcity these days); sells gobbs and gobbs of records and merch; and sells out arenas everywhere. What she did with her own recordings in itself is rewriting the book. The woman is a force to be - or not to be - reckoned with. I don't begrudge her anything and think it's remarkable what she's been able to accomplish in a mostly man's world. I find it all to be very, very intriguing.

Posted by: quarkie ()
Date: February 25, 2024 02:45

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 25, 2024 13:27

Cristiano Radtke
Meanwhile, in Argentina:

[twitter.com]

Same song, every show, she milks this for all it’s worth!!

But that staging, wow, it’s quite extraordinary and as far as I’m concerned, takes nothing away from her actual performance. Only enhances it.

I’m no Swiftie. But her performances and her fan connection are outstanding. She IS an entertainer of the highest order.

Would I go see her if she ever played in Perth? I’d try, but if I missed out I would not be disappointed. Which, if it was The Stones, I’d be heart broken. I must be a Stonsie.

Rod

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: February 25, 2024 17:18

Kurt
She currently rules the world.
Nobody bigger, nobody better.

Well, certainly nobody bigger….

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 25, 2024 17:58

Her new album, which comes out on April 19, has already surpassed 600,000 copies in pre-sale, only in the United States, still with 55 days left until the release date and who knows how many new versions with different bonus tracks.

She's touring Australia now playing to packed stadiums night after night, she has 8 albums in the Australian Top 10 albums chart and her entire discography in the Top 20.

A global phenomenon almost never seen before.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 25, 2024 20:59

It’s amazing what she’s achieved all by herself, no other songwriters helping her. She’s just so talented.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 26, 2024 10:51

georgelicks
Her new album, which comes out on April 19, has already surpassed 600,000 copies in pre-sale, only in the United States, still with 55 days left until the release date and who knows how many new versions with different bonus tracks.

She's touring Australia now playing to packed stadiums night after night, she has 8 albums in the Australian Top 10 albums chart and her entire discography in the Top 20.

A global phenomenon almost never seen before.

Still most people can't name 3 songs.
I'm not dissing her btw, I'm a fan since 'Speak Now'.
But at the height of their careers everybody knew 3 songs of Elvis, The Beatles or Michael Jackson.
I don't think her music reaches the regular music fan.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: February 26, 2024 22:08

Yeah this has been a hot topic of late-- All I've heard is "She puts on a spectacular show for her fans," but nobody has told me, "He music is AMAZING!" or "Her songwriting is AMAZING!" or "Her musicianship is AMAZING!" All I hear is "Her songs aren't bad," or, "Her latest is actually pretty good." Nobody has said, "You have GOT to hear her latest, you'll be blown away!!" or any such thing. So if. it's all about her big stadium show, and NOT the songs, than why is she so absurdly famous?

This all said, I am glad she puts forth a positive message and seems to be a very positive influence on her fanbase. There have been megastars that I have been less impressed by... but I've never seen anyone so famous at any one time as she is now in my lifetime. Not Michael Jackson, or Beiber, or Madonna... Nobody has been in the headlines daily like she is.

I need a song or two to really impress me. Does it exist?

Date: February 26, 2024 22:45

Tate
Yeah this has been a hot topic of late-- All I've heard is "She puts on a spectacular show for her fans," but nobody has told me, "He music is AMAZING!" or "Her songwriting is AMAZING!" or "Her musicianship is AMAZING!" All I hear is "Her songs aren't bad," or, "Her latest is actually pretty good." Nobody has said, "You have GOT to hear her latest, you'll be blown away!!" or any such thing. So if. it's all about her big stadium show, and NOT the songs, than why is she so absurdly famous?

This all said, I am glad she puts forth a positive message and seems to be a very positive influence on her fanbase. There have been megastars that I have been less impressed by... but I've never seen anyone so famous at any one time as she is now in my lifetime. Not Michael Jackson, or Beiber, or Madonna... Nobody has been in the headlines daily like she is.

Try this one......

Coney Island

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 26, 2024 22:45

Tate

Yes.
I will give you an ALBUM or two...
Listen to Folklore and Evermore. Both releases are astounding.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home