Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...105106107108109110111112113114115...LastNext
Current Page: 110 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Date: April 17, 2023 16:45

I just found another link posted re the 20th oktober, Paris 2013. I don't know if this link is the same private gig that BV has attended (Tickets 15€), or a different gig (Tony Little, Paris), or the link I provide is just false info. Anyway:

[harcourtdev.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-17 17:09 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 17, 2023 17:19

That article does not say the show took place on October 20, 2013. It's just the date of the article.

The Garmignac Gestion private show at Théatre Mogador was the year before, in October 2012:

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-17 17:22 by Topi.

Date: April 17, 2023 17:20

TheflyingDutchman
I just found another link posted re the 20th oktober, Paris 2013. I don't know if this link is the same private gig that BV has attended (Tickets 15€), or a different gig (Tony Little, Paris), or the link I provide is just false info. Anyway:

[harcourtdev.com]

2012, wasn't it?

Date: April 17, 2023 17:23

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

[harcourtdev.com]

2012, wasn't it?

Yes, October 29, 2012. Not to be confused with the La Trabendo show were tickets were 15€ indeed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-17 17:24 by Topi.

Date: April 17, 2023 17:24

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

[harcourtdev.com]

2012, wasn't it?

Yes, but I cannot find the gig anywhere, related to the company mentioned.
I believe Mathijs mentioned it though, way back in 2012, as not confirmed. .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-17 17:29 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: April 17, 2023 17:25

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

[harcourtdev.com]

2012, wasn't it?

Check the link to Nico Zentgtaf's page I posted and search for "Carmignac".

Also:

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org] - name of the company mentioned here as well

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-17 17:30 by Topi.

Date: April 17, 2023 18:19

You do this every day?

Mick: Yeah...

Why?!

Mick: CAUSE I LOVE IT!

[www.TikTok.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-17 18:20 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Date: April 17, 2023 18:49

Topi
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

[harcourtdev.com]

2012, wasn't it?

Check the link to Nico Zentgtaf's page I posted and search for "Carmignac".

Also:

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org] - name of the company mentioned here as well

Thanks, another case solved. smiling smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 17, 2023 19:10

DiegoGlimmerStones
You do this every day?

Why?!

[www.TikTok.com]

I think with this and with the "Patience please.." post they are definitely saying to us fans that the Stones ain't over..

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: April 17, 2023 19:16

Here's a contemporary (2012) press story.

Carmignac wows investors with Rolling Stones gig
Citywire
31 October 2012,

Edouard Carmignac has built quite a reputation for bold public statements.

First came a tirade against Trichet, published simultaneously in four national newspapers across Europe.

Then he headed straight to the top, calling on his own President to abolish plans to 'fleece the entire country'.

His high profile displays of dissatisfaction have certainly divided commentators and his latest, will prove no different.

After days of rumours and expectation the worst kept secret in Paris was finally revealed on Monday night as Carmignac took to the stage to welcome 'the world's greatest rock'n'roll band' - The Rolling Stones.

At a time when many are calling for austerity across Europe, with President Hollande vowing to made good on his promise to tax the rich, and even Carmignac himself stating the French economy was going to plummet in coming months, the provocative company founder could not have made a more ostentatious move.

It is reported that hiring the Stones to play a private gig can hit $7 million, with other estimates far exceeding that.

As signals come you can't get much bigger than this - Carmignac is confident and even the Stones are not out of his grasp.

His reputation had not escaped Mick Jagger either as the front man jokingly told the audience in perfect French: 'I have never met Mr Edouard Carmignac personally, but the Queen told me some very nice things about him'.

The British quartet were kicking off their world tour and even played new material with their new song 'Doom and Gloom'.

However, there does not seem to be any of that in the Carmignac ranks. The company has now turned bullish and raised its equity exposure to the maximum in most of its portfolios.

In a theatre seating 600 to 700 of Carmignac's clients, journalists and exclusive guests - a famous TV French presenter named Arthur was among them - the veteran rockstars certainly lived up to their 'greatest' rock band tag.

Kicking off in style with 'It's Only Rock 'n Roll', Jagger - an unbelievably active and wild 69-year-old pensioner - and his crafty hips, set the place alight with other stellar tracks such as 'Jumpin' Jack Flash', 'Honky Tonk Women' and 'Brown Sugar' keeping the crowd on their feet throughout most of the gig.

The only question that remains is how do you top this?

Speculation was rife among guests on who could be the next band or singer Carmignac would nab for their next event.

But for me, you're not going to be able to beat The Rolling Stones anytime soon.

citywire.co.uk

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 17, 2023 19:25

NilsHolgersson
DiegoGlimmerStones
You do this every day?

Why?!

[www.TikTok.com]

I think with this and with the "Patience please.." post they are definitely saying to us fans that the Stones ain't over..

Yeah. Signaling things like that right now it seems that they also are disappointed for the tour not happening this year. But it will.

- Doxa

Posted by: michaelried ()
Date: April 17, 2023 21:29

we will see them again, if not, they will be always a part of our entire lifes
our generation is so very much blessed
M.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: April 17, 2023 21:47

The tour cancelation comes a disappointment but not a big surprise. There were initial rumors of South America or Australia. Is there any possibly they will tour in one of those places instead?

Date: April 17, 2023 23:26

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

[harcourtdev.com]

2012, wasn't it?

I believe Mathijs mentioned it though, way back in 2012, as not confirmed. .

There was a report here back then. It was a show with warhorses only, if memory serves.

EDIT: Here it is: [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-17 23:27 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 18, 2023 00:06

A tour in the fall to support a new album and its Christmas sales really made sense. I hope this is not hiding anything more serious but frankly it is suddenly not very coherent.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 18, 2023 00:25

Topi
I think hockenheim95 is correct, cannot recall a single private show that took place outside of a tour.

Definitely not in recent years.

In 1977 El Macombo in Toronto was 6 months after Knebworth.

The Ian Stewart tribute show in London in 1986 was nearly 4 years after their previous show in Leeds and 3.5 before their next in Philly !

But in the 1989+ era of big glitzy production, jumbotron stages, fireworks, video screens and more backing musicians (They only had Chuck, Bobby and occasionally Ian Stewart in 1982), nope, you’re right - nothing at all. They were offered a slot at the London Olympics in Summer 2012 but turned it down due to ‘not being tour ready’. Just a few months before those 1st 5 50 and Counting shows in London and New York. They only perform live if they’re fully rehearsed.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 18, 2023 00:31

My 2 cents, to me something is not right with the band, there is no way that a professional outfit like the Stones, had to cancel first the press conference of the tour cause they did not have all the logistics for the tour already set, and now the excuse is that they can't get the stadiums etc.
I think that there is probably a health issue with a member and due to that they have issues getting the tour insurance. I don't see them doing another large tour again, hope l am wrong...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: April 18, 2023 01:18

ROPENI
My 2 cents, to me something is not right with the band, there is no way that a professional outfit like the Stones, had to cancel first the press conference of the tour cause they did not have all the logistics for the tour already set, and now the excuse is that they can't get the stadiums etc.
I think that there is probably a health issue with a member and due to that they have issues getting the tour insurance. I don't see them doing another large tour again, hope l am wrong...

Did they not cancel the spring tour announcement due to an injury, which was later alluded to being an ankle injury to Jagger? Then the plan was to shift things to the fall, which is no longer possible due to several factors including, but not limited to, stadium availability? If this is the case, I don't think we have to worry about any nefarious illnesses within the Stones camp. Let us not fall into pandemonium just yet.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 18, 2023 01:30

Maybe they will do a indoor arena tour latter in the year? To me, it seems they
should hold the release date for the new album until they are ready to tour behind it.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 18, 2023 02:04

swimtothemoon
Maybe they will do a indoor arena tour latter in the year? To me, it seems they
should hold the release date for the new album until they are ready to tour behind it.
Even if they release a new album and tour don't expect them to play new songs, maybe 1 or 2,most of the people at the concerts all want to hear are the "hits"...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: April 18, 2023 02:23

So much speculation.

Guess the 2024 tour rumors will start on another thread soon.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 18, 2023 04:08

ROPENI

No press conference was ever officially announced.

Venues are held for events all the time and then the holds are released if the band chooses not to book.

Stadium / venue availability and touring oversaturation is absolutely a thing right now. Sometimes tour buses / staff etc is just not available and right now there are at least 5 late summer & fall stadium tours on top of NFL and Monster Truck and whatever else uses stadiums.

That was my main concert when I heard June to Aug wasn't happening as I was afraid they wouldn't have any fall availability in the desired venues.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 18, 2023 06:38

ROPENI

Yeah. I mean, never in my life have I ever heard of any band ever not touring for reasons like this.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 18, 2023 09:11

Send It To me
ROPENI

Yeah. I mean, never in my life have I ever heard of any band ever not touring for reasons like this.

Most touring bands do not have core members age 80 or so, right?
Also, most bands have not been touring for 60 years, right?

There is no conspiracy theory behind the delay of touring.
In fact there have been several years in the past they did not tour at all.
We have been spoiled having them touring every year lately.

Still, with their age and the complexity of booking shows, logistics,
one day we have seen the last show, like I have said many times.

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 18, 2023 10:28

bv
Send It To me
ROPENI

Sure, we all know this. And in the absence of any official news from the band themselves, and conspiracy theories swirling left, right, and centre, the question on a lot of people's lips may well be ... was Wednesday 3rd August 2022 at the Waldebühne/Berlin it
?

Who's to know ? Time will tell ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 18, 2023 11:49

How about Japan in Autumn?
I have to be there at that time anyway (how very selfish …grinning smiley)

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 18, 2023 11:54

They just told band members and the organization they will not tour this year. Then they are now able to make other plans. You can not "be on hold" at all times.

Bjornulf

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: April 18, 2023 12:09

paulywaul
bv
Send It To me
ROPENI

Sure, we all know this. And in the absence of any official news from the band themselves, and conspiracy theories swirling left, right, and centre, the question on a lot of people's lips may well be ... was Wednesday 3rd August 2022 at the Waldebühne/Berlin it
?

Who's to know ? Time will tell ...

Yes, time will tell. May be this show was their last and the 60 tour was their last tour. The whole tour and the final show in Berlin were phantastic. I'm glad, that I saw them last year. And of course I'm glad, I saw them many times since I was a very young man.

Date: April 18, 2023 12:16

Still I find it a bit odd that a mega-act like the Stones cannot tour due to logistic reasons. Actually that's almost ridiculous.

"If you don't c sharp you'll b flat". - Muhammad Ali.

Date: April 18, 2023 12:34

The logistic reasons are obviously secondary reasons.
If Mick, Keith and Ron are ready and want to do shows the rest would adapt accordingly.
We can have our fingers crossed for better circumstances in 2024.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...105106107108109110111112113114115...LastNext
Current Page: 110 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home