Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Date: April 14, 2023 11:16

Stoneage
September - like the good old days when every Stones tour began in September (or late August) in the States and was followed up by a Euro tour in the summer thereon.
Usually they released a new album at the same time. Maybe that's the order this time around also - except the Euro tour though...

It has been rumored that the new tour will go through South America and Europe as well, [www.thesun.co.uk] [iorr.org] so let's hope the order goes that way with some shows between spring and summer of next year thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-14 11:18 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 14, 2023 15:56

That article is 8 months old.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 14, 2023 18:48

More Hot Rocks
A few months from now people will be complaining about the choice of songs from the new album they played live.

I can hardly wait to start complaining about that!

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: April 14, 2023 20:25

no Stones tour this year

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 14, 2023 20:29

StonedRambler
The announcement is legendary by now. I couldn't imagine a Rolling Stones concert without it anymore.

It's kind of embarrassing at this point. The band chunking out the hits over and over for mucho dinero is long removed from the dark, dangerous, super energized band that first earned the moniker on stage in 1969.

You could still say it fits due to there being no great, young rock and roll group out there. (At least not known like the Stones). The most high energy, quality group I've seen since 1999 was the Foo Fighters, and Metallica. We'll see how the Foo Fighters continue on, without Taylor Hawkins.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2023 20:54

souldoggie
no Stones tour this year

Hopefully there will be a new album.

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: April 14, 2023 20:59

Hairball
souldoggie
no Stones tour this year

Yes, I sure hope so

Date: April 14, 2023 21:15

I there are already complaints on the new album thread.

It doesn't matter what is said here..........someone will be bash it.

quote=treaclefingers]
More Hot Rocks
A few months from now people will be complaining about the choice of songs from the new album they played live.

I can hardly wait to start complaining about that![/quote]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 14, 2023 21:19

souldoggie
no Stones tour this year

Disappointing if true.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 14, 2023 21:57

24FPS
StonedRambler
The announcement is legendary by now. I couldn't imagine a Rolling Stones concert without it anymore.

It's kind of embarrassing at this point. The band chunking out the hits over and over for mucho dinero is long removed from the dark, dangerous, super energized band that first earned the moniker on stage in 1969.

What moniker?

The announcement just says: "The Rolling Stones". There's no moniker.

Date: April 14, 2023 22:13

souldoggie
no Stones tour this year

The Stones are always up for a tour. The 2021 tour was in fall and it would have been cancelled but they wanted to do it instead, it even ended by the holiday seasons. With a new album coming and with a more favorable timing than before, i think this is not an exception

Date: April 14, 2023 22:22

We should all be glad they are still touring.

I am not sure about others here, but I hope they keep going regardless of the set list, regardless of the venue, and regardless of all the other issues other complain about.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: April 14, 2023 22:38

Elmo Lewis
snoopy2
Chuck Leavell playing here May 27 (Shoals Theater, Florence).. Caught his show here last time and he rocks a small venue, and easier to meet and chat with.. Reach out if you might show!

Snoopy, where can I find some info about this show (or others)? I live in Georgia. Chuck's site doesn't have any info.

Thanks!

Elmo AKA Scotty

Thanks for the info, snoopy. I'll plan to attend this event.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 14, 2023 22:43

DiegoGlimmerStones

The 2021 tour was in fall and it would have been cancelled but they wanted to do it instead

Who was going to cancel it?

I seem to recall some talk about the insurance companies "forcing" them to do the tour, which, as we know, had been postponed from 2020.

Date: April 14, 2023 23:44

Topi
DiegoGlimmerStones

The 2021 tour was in fall and it would have been cancelled but they wanted to do it instead

Who was going to cancel it?

I seem to recall some talk about the insurance companies "forcing" them to do the tour, which, as we know, had been postponed from 2020.

Due to the pandemic there was also a great risk of being able to carry out the tour so I mean it could have been canceled but fortunately it wasn't

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 15, 2023 01:41

souldoggie
no Stones tour this year

Before this gets buried, do you want to elaborate? Seems kind of important!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 15, 2023 02:42

MelBelli
souldoggie
no Stones tour this year

Yes please fill us in. Your source?

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 15, 2023 03:14

babyblue
MelBelli
souldoggie
no Stones tour this year

Does not need to burn his source, obviously. But a couple pertinent details would help!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 15, 2023 05:04

MelBelli
babyblue
MelBelli
souldoggie
no Stones tour this year

Does not need to burn his source, obviously. But a couple pertinent details would help!

There isn’t any source. Just listen to BV

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 15, 2023 06:18

24FPS
StonedRambler

You could still say it fits due to there being no great, young rock and roll group out there. (At least not known like the Stones). The most high energy, quality group I've seen since 1999 was the Foo Fighters, and Metallica. We'll see how the Foo Fighters continue on, without Taylor Hawkins.

You weren't clear enough - it's embarrassing for you in that illusion of then.

Are you saying they don't exist post-1969? Obviously I get that you know they have but the point being, 1969 is some kind of jumping and landing point?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 15, 2023 09:46

In 2023 they are more legendary than ever and therefore that announcement is more exciting than ever. I mean how amazing is it that in 2023 you can still be at a stadium and the Rolling Stones are about to play their first note? If that doesn't excite you it probably has more to do with you getting old and not able to get enthusiastic about something anymore than with the band.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 15, 2023 09:54

GasLightStreet
24FPS
StonedRambler

You weren't clear enough - it's embarrassing for you in that illusion of then.

Are you saying they don't exist post-1969? Obviously I get that you know they have but the point being, 1969 is some kind of jumping and landing point?

It’s funny isn’t it, people have this illusion-dark, dangerous, energetic- why were they dark or dangerous? were the band holding seances and human sacrifices backstage in the old days? robbing banks on their day off?
I would say it takes more energy now working a football stadium than those 18000 seat arenas from 69.
Reality is they are musicians playing music. Period. end of story.
That’s what they were in 1962, 1969, 1972 82,92,2002,2012 and by the grace of god 2023.
If you are still buying in to some old publicity or myth at this stage of the game you really need to grow up.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 15, 2023 09:57

Please do not waste space on off topic small talk here. This thread is about tour 2023 rumours, not about the way they play, how to announce shows etc.

Bjornulf

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: April 15, 2023 09:59

If you’re in Tokyo, you can see Darryl Jones playing at the Blue Note from April 14-17, with Robben Ford, Bill Evans and Keith Carlock

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 15, 2023 11:10

bv
Please do not waste space on off topic small talk here. This thread is about tour 2023 rumours, not about the way they play, how to announce shows etc.

Think of our inane ramblings sort of like that music you hear when you make a call and are put on hold.
Annoying but better than dead silence.I know, not by much.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 15, 2023 11:37

Shouldn't there be some rumors about the fall tour at this point if they wanna announce early May, for an early September start?

Date: April 15, 2023 12:53

Stonesfan2146
Shouldn't there be some rumors about the fall tour at this point if they wanna announce early May, for an early September start?

I think we can expect the announcement by 11-16 weeks before the start of the tour if everything goes as previously planned.

As a reference, here is the timing of weeks regarding the announcement-start of the tour of the most recent years:

2021 February 6, 2020/May 8, 2020 - 13 weeks (Original tour dates)

2022 March 14, 2022/June 1, 2022 - 11 weeks (Same as 2018, Feb 26 - May 17)

2023 February 17, 2023/June 6, 2023 - 16 weeks (Original tour dates)

The rumors usually start one month before the announcement so hopefully we'll get more info soon thumbs up

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 15, 2023 17:20

24FPS
StonedRambler

Maybe it's your perception that has changed as they were hardly ever really dark or dangerous. Just like there was never really a Santa Claus.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 15, 2023 19:42

Exactly! Some folks have a hard time accepting the "show business" side of Rock and Roll. And at the end of the day the music industry is a business and always has been. It's naive it think otherwise. I think the was the whole point of The Osborne's TV show. Ozzy does live in a dark castle somewhere. He lives in the Hollywood Hills and just like your dad, he has a hard time working the TV remote too!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 15, 2023 20:53

souldoggie
Hairball
souldoggie
no Stones tour this year

Yes, I sure hope so

After all this time, it would be a shame if they decided to shelve the album. No new tour this year is one thing, but no new album would be a double whammy of disappointment.
Hope whoever may have been injured causing the tour announcement to be delayed is healing well, but hopefully that injury/healing process doesn't prevent the new album from seeing the light of day.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home