Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9596979899100101102103104105...LastNext
Current Page: 100 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: March 30, 2023 17:46

Thank you BV!

Your civility and common sense is always a breath of fresh air.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: March 30, 2023 17:49

lem motlow
mpj200

No offense but there was no tour in 2020 and I made no such post then. Nobody had any idea what was going to happen at that point. The post you are referring to was in May of 2021. And stadium rules had changed. The teams were in bubbles, the band was in a bubble. The promoters were able to work it out. But there was some crossover where players and coaches were milling around in the backstage area while the band and staff were in the building. But it worked.

Here’s what you wrote-

“The Stones are booked in American Football stadiums where most teams hold their day to day operations, meetings,weights, film studies.the tour would need to be over before the start of the regular season”
It is from may 15, 2021.
NFL teams don’t hold “day to day operations” at the stadium and they sure didn’t during covid.
Not trying to give you a hard time,maybe you just remembered it wrong.

Right. I must have remembered wrong. Or perhaps I’ve been hallucinating all these years at American football stadiums. Apart from a few exceptions, there are ALWAYS players, staff, coaches, TV crews, etc in stadiums. Even at shows during their off season, I see them around. During the 2021 tour, there were areas roped off or had barriers to keep Stones staff from entering.

Often coaches sleep in their office during the season. Yes, there are a few teams with offsite practice facilities and offices, but most are adjacent to the stadium where they play. They virtually live in their stadiums. I remember a show in 2021 when there was a conflict with the band’s VIP room and a team meeting. Another show, as I was leaving, they had taped TV show in a studio where all the band cars were parked. They gave me a quick tour of the studio.

But clearly you’re the NFL expert here and I need an eye exam.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 30, 2023 18:04

mpj200
lem motlow
mpj200

No offense but there was no tour in 2020 and I made no such post then. Nobody had any idea what was going to happen at that point. The post you are referring to was in May of 2021. And stadium rules had changed. The teams were in bubbles, the band was in a bubble. The promoters were able to work it out. But there was some crossover where players and coaches were milling around in the backstage area while the band and staff were in the building. But it worked.

Here’s what you wrote-

“The Stones are booked in American Football stadiums where most teams hold their day to day operations, meetings,weights, film studies.the tour would need to be over before the start of the regular season”
It is from may 15, 2021.
NFL teams don’t hold “day to day operations” at the stadium and they sure didn’t during covid.
Not trying to give you a hard time,maybe you just remembered it wrong.

Right. I must have remembered wrong. Or perhaps I’ve been hallucinating all these years at American football stadiums. Apart from a few exceptions, there are ALWAYS players, staff, coaches, TV crews, etc in stadiums. Even at shows during their off season, I see them around. During the 2021 tour, there were areas roped off or had barriers to keep Stones staff from entering.

Often coaches sleep in their office during the season. Yes, there are a few teams with offsite practice facilities and offices, but most are adjacent to the stadium where they play. They virtually live in their stadiums. I remember a show in 2021 when there was a conflict with the band’s VIP room and a team meeting. Another show, as I was leaving, they had taped TV show in a studio where all the band cars were parked. They gave me a quick tour of the studio.

But clearly you’re the NFL expert here and I need an eye exam.

May I compliment you on such a graceful and dignified posting. While I was not part of the actual thread itself I am much taken by your generous and constructive response to the other contributor.

Nice one my friend!

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 30, 2023 18:55

Metallica, KISS and Guns and Roses are already on tour this Fall. AC/DC just confirmed for Power Trip in California in early October. One would assume there will be other dates performed around then by Angus & Co. In years past AC/DC and the Stones have shared many of the same seasoned road crew members which is why they're rarely on tour at the same time.

TOOL, also performing at Power Trip are said to be touring this Fall. Iron Maiden talked about a "Senjetsu" tour.

If they do tour, finding places to put the Stones this Fall could be problematic and, given the plethora of competition, harder to sell tickets.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: March 30, 2023 19:01

As far as I am concerned: if an usa fall tour is not possible, why not go to Europe?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: March 30, 2023 19:21

Nothing at this time says that AC/DC will tour.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 30, 2023 19:28

powerage78

Well, they will perform in October in California.
[www.acdc.com]

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 30, 2023 20:07

schwonek
powerage78

[www.acdc.com]

Correct and it's doubtful they would simply play one show and go home. Given that AC/DC share (or used to share) road crew with the Stones it's possible the original plan was for crew members to work for the Stones in June and July and AC/DC in the Fall. Merely conjecture on my part based on what the two companies (bands) have done in the past.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 30, 2023 20:47

barbabang
As far as I am concerned: if an usa fall tour is not possible, why not go to Europe?

Contracts were already signed before the delay. Remember this is a postponement not a cancellation

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 30, 2023 21:26

Lots of bands share road crew. Because the road crew is always working, it's what they do for a living. As a matter of fact, it's not even sharing, it's the free agent (the roadie) going from one employer to another.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: March 30, 2023 23:03

schwonek
powerage78

[www.acdc.com]

I know that. But that doesn't mean that beyond this concert at the Power Trip there will be a tour.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: March 31, 2023 00:29

powerage78
schwonek
powerage78

[www.acdc.com]

I know that. But that doesn't mean that beyond this concert at the Power Trip there will be a tour.

They were almost certainly signed up for 2 shows. How many more do we need to call it a tour?

Posted by: mab1888 ()
Date: March 31, 2023 03:59

In my opinion, there won't be a tour announcement, at least until May for the following reason.

The NFL schedule won't be released until then. That is now a HUGE marketing deal for the NFL, they even do an hour show promoting and going over the schedule release.

Some leaks may happen about certain teams and dates but that usually happens a couple of days before the schedule release.

The NFL simply wouldn't allow any major leaks in regards to their schedule, period.

So, if the Stones are playing NFL stadiums in the fall....their announcement will come AFTER the schedule release, not before.

In my opinion.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 31, 2023 06:34

rbk
schwonek
powerage78

[www.acdc.com]

Correct and it's doubtful they would simply play one show and go home. Given that AC/DC share (or used to share) road crew with the Stones it's possible the original plan was for crew members to work for the Stones in June and July and AC/DC in the Fall. Merely conjecture on my part based on what the two companies (bands) have done in the past.

Pretty sure this will be two weekends like Desert Trip unless ticket sales are awful.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 31, 2023 06:35

mab1888
In my opinion, there won't be a tour announcement, at least until May for the following reason.

The NFL schedule won't be released until then. That is now a HUGE marketing deal for the NFL, they even do an hour show promoting and going over the schedule release.

Some leaks may happen about certain teams and dates but that usually happens a couple of days before the schedule release.

The NFL simply wouldn't allow any major leaks in regards to their schedule, period.

So, if the Stones are playing NFL stadiums in the fall....their announcement will come AFTER the schedule release, not before.

In my opinion.

This makes lots of sense.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 31, 2023 07:17

Dan
powerage78
schwonek
powerage78

[www.acdc.com]

They were almost certainly signed up for 2 shows. How many more do we need to call it a tour?

well, you know, if a Stones tour of 14-15 shows is still a "mini-tour", then I have no idea what constitutes a real tour...winking smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 31, 2023 09:27

TheflyingDutchman
More Hot Rocks
An insider on this board: Is a friend that had a friend that works for a production company that read something about The Stones on Yahoo news. Just listen to what BV says. He’s the only one here that I trust with rumors

thumbs up

A true Rolling Stones insider would never criticise Mick Taylor and "his bird" on iorr.org., for example. Why should he or she ?

I'd thought a "true insider" would know a band member personally and have regular contact with them. If your only in contact with a few band crew members I don't think your an insider

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-31 09:40 by colonial.

Date: March 31, 2023 10:25

colonial
TheflyingDutchman
More Hot Rocks
An insider on this board: Is a friend that had a friend that works for a production company that read something about The Stones on Yahoo news. Just listen to what BV says. He’s the only one here that I trust with rumors

thumbs up

A true Rolling Stones insider would never criticise Mick Taylor and "his bird" on iorr.org., for example. Why should he or she ?

I'd thought a "true insider" would know a band member personally and have regular contact with them. If your only in contact with a few band crew members I don't think your an insider

But it's further "inside" than almost anyone else here would ever be.

Date: March 31, 2023 10:38

<A true Rolling Stones insider would never criticise Mick Taylor and "his bird" on iorr.org., for example. Why should he or she?>

Maybe for the same reasons you have been rather critical of 'his bird'? smoking smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 31, 2023 11:01

bv
I get many questions about the Tour 2023. They planned to announce the tour around Feb 17, with tour start planned for June 6. That was giving them a lead time of 3 1/2 months from announcement until tour start.

Some say they may reschedule for September, if correct then it would mean a delay of approx three months. If so, then they would not have to announce such a tour until May.

Hopefully there will be leaks of dates and venues before that time, so that it will be possible to plan ahead, book hotels at reasonable rates, and so on.

If you hear or know anything about the rescheduled dates, feel free to post here, or send me an e-mail at iorr@arena.no - Then I will use all available info to sort out what is right, where they go, etc, and publish here on IORR. Thanks!

Thanks for the info BV.

Date: March 31, 2023 11:13

Probably we'll hear more info in April then rumored dates and announcement in May 19th, tour kickoff 16 weeks later on September 6th for example

Date: March 31, 2023 11:57

I saw Stones on their 1981 tour the 2nd date which was Buffalo. September 27. I still have that awesome ticket stub. Weather then was good did rain a bit during Journey & George Thorogoods set but did stop and sun came out for Stones.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 31, 2023 12:16

Most of their planned shows should be able to do also late fall. Seattle and Vancouver are domes as far as I know. I don't know about Edmonton late fall. Hurricane season will always be a worry, but they are not that exposed with their original list of cities. I am crossing my fingers for another great North America tour later this year, like the one they did fall time 2021.

Bjornulf

Date: March 31, 2023 12:24

Edmonton is not domed as far as I know. Sept should be fine but Oct no will be cold maybe snow. Yes a Vancouver is dome.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 31, 2023 12:29

In Seattle, the baseball stadium does have a retractable roof, but isn't temperature controlled. (The NFL stadium roof doesn't cover the field, only the seats).

In Vancouver, the BC Place roof can be opened or closed.

The Edmonton stadium doesn't have a roof, but they've been known to host concerts in September. Motley Crüe played last year and AC/DC in September of 2015. The AC/DC show took place on September 20.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-31 12:41 by Topi.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 31, 2023 12:41

powerage78
schwonek
powerage78

[www.acdc.com]

OK I am sorry but some people here didn't. It sounded like "tour" meant "play live". And I just hope the Stones will play live and/or tour - however Mick will interpret it.

Date: March 31, 2023 12:47

Ronnie Wood will be joining in at the the Tribtue To Jeff Beck at Royal Albert Hall, so tour rehearsals in May, originally scheduled for the summer tour, are unfortunately off.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-31 13:15 by bv.

Date: March 31, 2023 12:56

bv
Ronnie Wood will be joining in at the the Tribtue To Jeff Beck at Royal Albert Hall, so tour rehearsals in May are unfortunately off.

Rehearsals in May would have been a bit early for a September tour anyway, wouldn't it?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 31, 2023 13:18

bv
Ronnie Wood will be joining in at the the Tribtue To Jeff Beck at Royal Albert Hall, so tour rehearsals in May are unfortunately off.

wonderful to hear ronnie is gonna be involvedsmiling smiley

but i'm wondering if you could clarify what you mean by tour rehearsals in may

where they (the stones) planing to start rehearsing in may?confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-31 13:19 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: March 31, 2023 13:19

DandelionPowderman
bv

Rehearsals in May would have been a bit early for a September tour anyway, wouldn't it?

Their original plans of tour start June 6th this summer included rehearsals in May. Ronnie booked at the RAH tribute in May is the final confirmation of no such rehearsals. I assume they will follow the usual pattern of rehearsals the month before tour start, may be August, if tour start is planned for September. They would have all summer off for other activities, like guest appearances, to keep "warm" and ready...

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9596979899100101102103104105...LastNext
Current Page: 100 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2218
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home