Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...979899100101102103104105106107...LastNext
Current Page: 102 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 8, 2023 21:11

If they reschedule into a September start, then they do not need to announce dates until summer i.e. June/July.

Also, the fact that they have tour yearly since 2012, ex the 2020 pandemic year, does not mean they will tour yearly forever.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 8, 2023 21:22

babyblue
RollstoDRSC
Hi Folks and Stones fanatics and collectors...I think something went wrong with tour news ...we all waiting of announcement or statement...
Also we all waiting for the long awaited new Album...and the crown of horrible news about Ghost town...After 57 years of my Stones life...it nerves to get no news!
Mick and Keith come out and inform us!!!

Be patient please it takes time to reschedule dates. That involves the football season, other bands touring then, weather....

But first things first - it takes time to heal from whatever injury may have occured. And as had been mentioned, it takes even more time to heal especially when the person who is injured is in the elderly age bracket.
The logistics of rescheduling dates is secondary with the injury recovery being the priority, and probably best not to put the horse before the cart. Or being that it's Easter, don't count the eggs before they're hatched.
That being said, depending on the timeline of the healing process (and hoping for a full recovery), maybe a mini-residency in Vegas (or, L.A., or NY, or Chicago?) would be something they could think about as it would avoid all the hassles of manuevering around NFL schedule, weather concerns, etc, and would also avoid the hassle of traveling, hotels, etc. Meanwhile, hoping for the best for all involved, and eagerly awaiting more solid info. and/or solid rumours from Bjornulf.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-08 21:26 by Hairball.

Date: April 9, 2023 10:03

Pretty cool video of our boys leaving the Hotel in Berlin #SixtyTour. Love to see the warming interaction with the fans, I'm sure they are looking forward to see us very soon. Also, can't wait for the new music to celebrate!! #Stones4Ever! smileys with beer

Posted by: Pvk2 ()
Date: April 9, 2023 19:35

Hoping to have a 2023 road trip, tour montage. Here’s a sample from my 2019 travels with the boys. [youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-09 19:39 by Pvk2.

Posted by: Pvk2 ()
Date: April 9, 2023 19:36

Let’s hope to hear the greatest 6 words.. Ladies and Gentlemen.. THE Rolling Stones
[youtu.be]

Here’s opening 2019 - NJ stage front pit

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-09 19:40 by Pvk2.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 9, 2023 19:41

Pvk2
Let’s hope to hear the greatest 6 words.. Ladies and Gentlemen.. THE Rolling Stones
[youtu.be]

you surely mean 8 words: Ladies and Gentlemen.. welcome home… THE Rolling Stones (London 2018)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 9, 2023 21:55

Hey DiegoGlimmerStones ....Thats a way cool video ..... ^^^^^^^

ROCKMAN

Date: April 10, 2023 02:59

Rockman
Hey DiegoGlimmerStones ....Thats a way cool video ..... ^^^^^^^

Here another cool angle smileys with beer [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 10, 2023 03:15

Hey yeah good time Mick ..... a life of cameras ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: April 10, 2023 06:40

I didn't realize throngs of fans greet them at their hotels like that.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 10, 2023 09:11

Dalgtor

I think most of us look at the battleship through a keyhole, not realizing just how big of a deal the band is.
There is a certain sense of pride in some of us knowing that our favorite band is idolized by musicians who in some cases are rock and roll legends themselves.

In the end we’re just junkies looking for a fix, the money don’t matter. Just to stand in that stadium and see and feel it once more……

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 10, 2023 09:35

To be honest I wouldn’t of thought that many would be waiting outside. Looks almost like the 1960s.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: April 10, 2023 15:09

frankotero
To be honest I wouldn’t of thought that many would be waiting outside. Looks almost like the 1960s.

I wonder how many of those in the photograph knew who it was they were waiting for? I have seen so many situations here in London where a few people gather outside a hotel or somesuch, then others join ,all the while asking 'Who is in there?'

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 10, 2023 15:27

Dalgtor

Happens without fail in every city. The funny thing is that not many of those behind the outide barricades seem to realize that you can also just walk into the hotel and end up with a much closer view of departing members, though probably no chance of an autograph if that's what you're after. Once I was inside a hotel and Mick came out filming as he walked along with the lens pointing right at me and the friend I was with. Role reversal lol...

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 10, 2023 17:04

Beast
Dalgtor

Happens without fail in every city. The funny thing is that not many of those behind the outide barricades seem to realize that you can also just walk into the hotel and end up with a much closer view of departing members, though probably no chance of an autograph if that's what you're after. Once I was inside a hotel and Mick came out filming as he walked along with the lens pointing right at me and the friend I was with. Role reversal lol...

Waited in the lobby of the Peabody in Memphis in 2005 with a throng. Saw Lisa, Bernard, Bobby, etc. walk by but the band must've taken a side door. Ah well!

Posted by: Maya0104 ()
Date: April 10, 2023 21:56

Beast
Dalgtor

This is so awesome! Will try it next time winking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 10, 2023 22:22

In Prague, I (almost literally) ran into Mick and his posse as I was coming out of the men's room and going back up the stairs to the ground floor. That time they apparently left through the basement garage; well, at least Mick did.

That was a weird moment. Mick turning a corner and just passing me close by as he was going down and I was going up that staircase.

I didn't say anything to him, I kept it cool - or perhaps I was too star-struck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-10 22:22 by Topi.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 10, 2023 23:41

Topi... what show was that?M

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 11, 2023 07:18

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-11 07:55 by Topi.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 11, 2023 07:41

Dalgtor

I always try to greet them. It's like playing bobble head.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 11, 2023 07:51

DiegoGlimmerStones
Pretty cool video of our boys leaving the Hotel in Berlin #SixtyTour. Love to see the warming interaction with the fans, I'm sure they are looking forward to see us very soon. Also, can't wait for the new music to celebrate!! #Stones4Ever! smileys with beer

Wish there was a way to know of how many of those people had tickets/saw the show!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 11, 2023 13:20

GasLightStreet
DiegoGlimmerStones

Wish there was a way to know of how many of those people had tickets/saw the show!
Mick 's son Lucas is filming his father meeting the fans. That boy is a Stones' fan!!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: April 11, 2023 16:58

Great atmosphere for 2 days at the Adlon hotel. Loads of people there all the time in the heat. Best days of 2022.

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: April 11, 2023 22:53

I've stayed at the same hotel as the Stones- when they are arriving/leaving nobody get's in or out. I was in the the lobby bar and security would not let you out into the lobby until they were gone.

Date: April 12, 2023 06:23

Karl added new dates till mid August, probably followed by tour rehearlsals [karldenson.com]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 12, 2023 13:43

bv
If they reschedule into a September start, then they do not need to announce dates until summer i.e. June/July.

Also, the fact that they have tour yearly since 2012, ex the 2020 pandemic year, does not mean they will tour yearly forever.

Is that a less than subtle way of saying "don't hold your breath, we might see them onstage again, and then again - we might not" ?

At this point in time in their 60 year long history, any live show could easily be their last, for any of umpteen reasons ....

I've got no particular expectations ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 12, 2023 16:41

paulywaul
bv

Is that a less than subtle way of saying "don't hold your breath, we might see them onstage again, and then again - we might not" ?

At this point in time in their 60 year long history, any live show could easily be their last, for any of umpteen reasons ....

Maybe....only BV knows and he ain’t talkin yet in my view I think if by June there is no announcement of fall or Aug start tour it will be pushed back to summer 2024 & scrap Europe. Time will tell.....hmmm

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-12 16:50 by babyblue.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 12, 2023 18:03

I hope sooo instantly that they take the job of announcing the band away from that person who is doing it in the last 6 Tours.
It's so over acted. So uncool. So annoying. So much disturbing the moment.
PLEASE Mick & Keith if you read this here my plea: Get an announcement which is worth your band. Sam Cutler was it on the Get Yer Ya Ya's Out-Tour.
THAT was Stones-niveau. That was the Stones and us.
And if you can't find somebody like Sam again why don't you just roll his unbeaten announcement from tape to kick off the gigs of the next tour??

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 12, 2023 18:20

caschimann

I hope sooo instantly that they take the job of announcing the band away from that person who is doing it in the last 6 Tours.

Removing Matt Clifford ?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 12, 2023 18:31

I'm not at all sure what is annoying, over acted, uncool,or disturbing the moment about Matt simply stating-Ladies and Gentelmen...The Rolling Stones! I mean when we're complaining about a 3 to 4 second band introduction I think we've reached the point of waaaaay over thinking and evaluating things. Can't say I've ever given a second thought to Matt's introduction, I'm way to excited to hear the boys rip into JJF, SFM, or SMU to think, hmmmm ya know, I'm going to give Matt's intro a 7 out of 10 tonight....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...979899100101102103104105106107...LastNext
Current Page: 102 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home