Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041Next
Current Page: 40 of 41
Re: Rolling Stones London Store - RS No. 9 Carnaby
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 31, 2024 19:01

ironbelly
VoodooLounge13
Case in point: Just got notification that this Live Boxset is out of stock, and as such, my order has been cancelled. Those Japanese items go quick, and then the price on the secondary market is insane!! I tried ordering it back when it was announced and I couldn't, and now there's none left.
Don't worry. If they start with live albums, you'll get those in a few months worldwide. Cheaper and minus a couple of extras (like outer box). That RS.9 thing is pure money-making for extravagant collectors.

Well that was the whole point of trying to get one!!! For the case. On the bright side, I saved $146!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-31 20:34 by VoodooLounge13.

Re: Rolling Stones Store - RS No.9 Tokyo
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 2, 2024 11:00

Live at the Tokyo Dome 1990 (4LP Color) - RS No.9 Tokyo (Harajuku) - 14-Feb-2024:

PROT-7261/4 - JPY 15,400 - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

T-Shirts & Poster available too - [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: February 2, 2024 16:45

Damn, too bad they don’t ship out of Japan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-02 16:45 by Jfk19562003.

Date: February 2, 2024 17:26

Well I'll try the proxy service and see if I have better luck this time!!

Date: February 2, 2024 18:30

Jfk19562003

Try a proxy buyer service like e.g. [www.WorldShopping.global] - (recommended by Tower Records).

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: February 3, 2024 01:20

Jfk19562003

Will probably try my luck on eBay. I bought a couple of Japan Bowie exclusive vinyls a few years ago and used buyee.jp. The proxy fees were very high and by the time the import / VAT charges had been applied I had shelled out about £250 for two vinyls that domestically cost around £30.

Date: February 3, 2024 13:50

thunderball

Will probably try my luck on eBay.

RS No.9 Brussels Affair 2LP Color is US-$ 284.65 - [www.eBay.com] . The RS No.9 SHM-CD Live Collection is US-$ 283.89 - [www.eBay.com] . RS No.9 Tokyo Dome 1990 4LP Color is US-$ 208.52 - [www.eBay.com] .

Date: February 3, 2024 17:31

Damn. Those prices are insane!!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 3, 2024 17:47

VoodooLounge13
Damn. Those prices are insane!!
Why? These are normal prices from ebay crooks.
The initial price (in-store) for the RS No.9 SHM-CD Live Collection was ~$115. The price on ebay is $284. The guy is simply taking advantage due to the fact this was a limited edition. He is in his rights. He spent some time to go to the shop, he invested something, now he is waiting to get some money from the stupid from overseas who wants the box badly. Capitalism at it's best winking smiley

Date: February 5, 2024 03:51

Very true. That was a nice little set

Date: February 5, 2024 08:12

Irix
Jfk19562003

Try a proxy buyer service like e.g. [www.WorldShopping.global] - (recommended by Tower Records).

Are there proxy services for all countries? Looking for something exclusive to UK.

Date: February 5, 2024 11:45

VoodooLounge13

Are there proxy services for all countries?

Yes, there're also proxy services for e.g. UK to US. It's mostly called 'parcel forwarding service'. Examples would be [DeliveringParcel.com] , [www.EshopWedrop.com] or [www.Forward2me.com] . But considering the fees & taxes, it's probably not cheaper than eBay.

Date: February 5, 2024 11:54

VoodooLounge13
Irix
Jfk19562003

Are there proxy services for all countries? Looking for something exclusive to UK.
Those Japanese proxy services are for all countries. They are based in Japan. I do not believe there is something exclusive for UK. Unless, there is one that operates from UK (which I doubt).

There are many proxies, not only WorldShopping. To name a few - Buyee, Neokyo, Zen Market, FromJapan etc. Some are cheaper than the others, but they all work using the same workflow/procedure.
1. You place an order with them.
2. They purchase the item for you in Japan.
3. The item arrives to their warehouse in Japan.
4. They send it to you.
The catch is hidden fees for their services (including postage from the store to their warehouse, some might use only expensive ('safe') option with tracking). Additionally they will charge you something for their services (either a fixed fee, like 300-500¥, or some percentage of the price of the item). If the item to be purchased in a brick-and-mortar store (like RS.9) in person they will charge you (a lot) extra for courier service. If the payment to be made in cash upon delivery they will charge you extra too. They might charge you for inspection and taking photos of the item (they name this service as a special 'plan'). They will let you to store an item/items in their warehouse for 30 days and ship them together in one parcel (some companies will charge you consolidation fee for that option). They might charge you for a special safe packaging (extra bubble wrap and hard card-box). They will offer you different options for postage (some services might use only expensive EMS or DHL only). For sure they will not offer you to take care of customs and VAT payments, this will be your responsibility when the item will arrive to your country. You should read carefully their terms and conditions, description of their fees and options and compare different companies before purchasing. Otherwise, you might pay a lot of extra fees. I believe, most of those proxy sites have price calculator so you can make an estimation.

From my past experience. I ordered a couple of new and used CDs and a CD/DVD box set from different shops in Japan (6 items in total). The list price for those was ~84€. I payed ~12€ for proxy services (minimal proxy service options, no consolidation fees), ~4€ for local Japanese postage (this time I was lucky because 4 sellers offered free postage) and ~19€ for international postage, i.e., 35€ atop of the list price for proxy services and postage (roughly 42% of the list price). Upon arrival post office charged me another 34€ for custom clearance and VAT. So the final was 84€ (list price) + 35€ (proxy service and postage) + 34€ (VAT and custom clearance) = 153€. I.e., the final price of the items at my doorstep was almost double compared to the list price in Japan. And this package was below 120€, i.e., I did not pay custom duties.

So, you know, proxy services will help you to purchase an item but you should be ready to pay extra. They are not cdjapan.

Date: February 5, 2024 15:03

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Are there proxy services for all countries?

Yes, there're also proxy services for e.g. UK to US. It's mostly called 'parcel forwarding service'. Examples would be [DeliveringParcel.com] , [www.EshopWedrop.com] or [www.Forward2me.com] . But considering the fees & taxes, it's probably not cheaper than eBay.

Thanks Irix! I now have a German-only item I'd like to try and again in addition to the UK only one!!! I'll check out some of these sites.

Date: February 5, 2024 15:04

ironbelly
VoodooLounge13
Irix
Jfk19562003

Those Japanese proxy services are for all countries. They are based in Japan. I do not believe there is something exclusive for UK. Unless, there is one that operates from UK (which I doubt).

There are many proxies, not only WorldShopping. To name a few - Buyee, Neokyo, Zen Market, FromJapan etc. Some are cheaper than the others, but they all work using the same workflow/procedure.
1. You place an order with them.
2. They purchase the item for you in Japan.
3. The item arrives to their warehouse in Japan.
4. They send it to you.
The catch is hidden fees for their services (including postage from the store to their warehouse, some might use only expensive ('safe') option with tracking). Additionally they will charge you something for their services (either a fixed fee, like 300-500¥, or some percentage of the price of the item). If the item to be purchased in a brick-and-mortar store (like RS.9) in person they will charge you (a lot) extra for courier service. If the payment to be made in cash upon delivery they will charge you extra too. They might charge you for inspection and taking photos of the item (they name this service as a special 'plan'). They will let you to store an item/items in their warehouse for 30 days and ship them together in one parcel (some companies will charge you consolidation fee for that option). They might charge you for a special safe packaging (extra bubble wrap and hard card-box). They will offer you different options for postage (some services might use only expensive EMS or DHL only). For sure they will not offer you to take care of customs and VAT payments, this will be your responsibility when the item will arrive to your country. You should read carefully their terms and conditions, description of their fees and options and compare different companies before purchasing. Otherwise, you might pay a lot of extra fees. I believe, most of those proxy sites have price calculator so you can make an estimation.

From my past experience. I ordered a couple of new and used CDs and a CD/DVD box set from different shops in Japan (6 items in total). The list price for those was ~84€. I payed ~12€ for proxy services (minimal proxy service options, no consolidation fees), ~4€ for local Japanese postage (this time I was lucky because 4 sellers offered free postage) and ~19€ for international postage, i.e., 35€ atop of the list price for proxy services and postage (roughly 42% of the list price). Upon arrival post office charged me another 34€ for custom clearance and VAT. So the final was 84€ (list price) + 35€ (proxy service and postage) + 34€ (VAT and custom clearance) = 153€. I.e., the final price of the items at my doorstep was almost double compared to the list price in Japan. And this package was below 120€, i.e., I did not pay custom duties.

So, you know, proxy services will help you to purchase an item but you should be ready to pay extra. They are not cdjapan.

Understood, and I very much appreciate you taking the time to type this all out, ironbelly!!!

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: February 5, 2024 17:49

Hi,

Contact " PERSONAL SHOPPER JAPAN. COM

And they buy for you what you want at every shop in Japan.
You let know what you want and they buy it for you.
I do know that in Japan not every shop will send out outside their country.
Also some people from UK where you can't buy from.
Of course they ask a few yen's or $'s more for commissions.

Succes!

Posted by: matthijst ()
Date: February 5, 2024 18:59

I have good experience with this service:
[www.fromjapan.co.jp]
You can create your own invoice when shipping to your home country.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 5, 2024 22:16

I have good experience with someone who lives near the Tokyo shop. I bought some things and always very satisfied. PM if you're interested.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: February 13, 2024 00:16

Non sense release, insane expensive but Beautiful!

Date: February 13, 2024 13:24

rogerriffin

What a capital crime! You removed shrink wrap, you opened the box, you took CDs out of sleeves, you even touch them with hands! Please, do not tell you played CDs! Please leave me a hope in humanity! winking smiley

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 13, 2024 20:54

rogerriffin

Hola Roger
Alguna posibilidad de tener un RIP en wav?
Forma privada obviamente

Gracias
mb

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: February 13, 2024 22:45

ironbelly
What a capital crime! You removed shrink wrap, you opened the box, you took CDs out of sleeves, you even touch them with hands! Please, do not tell you played CDs! Please leave me a hope in humanity! winking smiley

HAHAHA !!!
you can see i didn´t touch the cds with my dirty hands, just for the unboxing my friend who bought it borrow to me.

so, is there no chance to rip them, sorry.

Date: February 14, 2024 02:55

smoking smiley

Date: February 14, 2024 11:04

mariano
smoking smiley
Essentially, you do not miss a thing in terms of digital content. According to the announcement on Universal Music Japan, for Love You Live, Still Life and Flashpoint they used 2009 remaster. I.e., the brickwalled one, widely available for the whole world. For Brussels Affair they used 2020 master. It is the same CD as for Goats Head Soup superdeluxe. Similar for Live At Wembley 82, those 2CDs were used for 2021 Tatoo You superdeluxe. There is nothing special in terms of music/digital content. Unless, you believe that SHM material can improve the sound winking smiley. But even this will be lost during ripping.

The only unique (kind of unique) material in this box is box itself, paper sleeves and Japanese extras.

Date: February 14, 2024 17:39

ironbelly
mariano
smoking smiley
Essentially, you do not miss a thing in terms of digital content. According to the announcement on Universal Music Japan, for Love You Live, Still Life and Flashpoint they used 2009 remaster. I.e., the brickwalled one, widely available for the whole world. For Brussels Affair they used 2020 master. It is the same CD as for Goats Head Soup superdeluxe. Similar for Live At Wembley 82, those 2CDs were used for 2021 Tatoo You superdeluxe. There is nothing special in terms of music/digital content. Unless, you believe that SHM material can improve the sound winking smiley. But even this will be lost during ripping.

The only unique (kind of unique) material in this box is box itself, paper sleeves and Japanese extras.

Which was the reason I was hoping to buy it! Thankfully I was able to get the Tokyo 4LP set at least!!

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: February 15, 2024 15:07

I've bought the "Brussels Affair" Red color for 300€ in Japan, included postage to Belgium. Finally it'll me cost about 100€ for declaration and customs when it comes in Belgium.

Date: February 15, 2024 15:21

ironbelly
mariano
smoking smiley

Ok sr

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 15, 2024 21:34

tioms
I've bought the "Brussels Affair" Red color for 300€ in Japan, included postage to Belgium. Finally it'll me cost about 100€ for declaration and customs when it comes in Belgium.

It is a great record to have - one of my favorite ones. 400 seems pricey, you can buy them for around 150 on discogs now and then. But if it is worth if for you - it is a good price!

Date: February 16, 2024 08:06

The one I really wanted of the Carnaby bunch was Copa. Loved that one.

Date: March 15, 2024 12:45

1995 Stripped, 2LP Red, RS No.9 Tokyo (Harajuku), PROT-7258/9, JPY 9900:

22-Mar-2024 - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041Next
Current Page: 40 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home