Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041Next
Current Page: 38 of 41
Re: Rolling Stones London Store - RS No. 9 Carnaby
Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: October 20, 2023 21:25

edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-20 21:26 by Massimo68.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 20, 2023 23:45

The signed copy (available via sweepstake) at RS No.9 Tokyo:

Picture by Hot Stuff Japan - [Twitter.com] .

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 21, 2023 01:42

The Carnaby Street store had 700 on sale there this morning and it was possible to buy up to three per person.

The nearby Paul Smith store had 180 of his edition available and it was also possible to buy up to three. The guys in there said that the total number of copies globally was 2500.

Date: October 24, 2023 14:10

'Hackney Diamonds' RS No.9 Carnaby Red - now online available - [RSno9.co.uk] - (€38.99/£33.99/$42.99).

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 24, 2023 22:17

In Germany they charge up to 100 Euros on Craigs list.
[www.kleinanzeigen.de]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 25, 2023 15:41

Irix
'Hackney Diamonds' RS No.9 Carnaby Red - now online available - [RSno9.co.uk] - (€38.99/£33.99/$42.99).

Thanks Irix...I managed to snag it last night...sold out this morning!

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: October 25, 2023 15:54

treaclefingers
Irix

Sold out... until restock has arrived winking smiley

Date: October 25, 2023 16:58

jackflash27
treaclefingers
Irix

Not Carnaby, or Zoetrope, or Barcelona, or Paul Smith, or the MLBs, or apparently the box set. But as I'm typing this...holy moly there's a lot to choose from, fuschia, purple, clear, red, green, blue, picture disc.

Date: October 25, 2023 18:22

treaclefingers
jackflash27
treaclefingers
Irix

Not Carnaby, or Zoetrope, or Barcelona, or Paul Smith, or the MLBs, or apparently the box set. But as I'm typing this...holy moly there's a lot to choose from, fuschia, purple, clear, red, green, blue, picture disc.

Well, the Carnaby red was sold out, then it became available again, then sold out, etc. After the leftovers from the pop up stores has returned, these definitely will go on sale again. Also a lot of the 'limited editions' still available on the Spain rolling stones webshop. Far from sold out I think.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 26, 2023 20:31

I don’t know if anyone has visited the Pop-Up stores. The one in Toronto is inside a very small music store I’d not visited before. Here it is…

About 1 metre of wall space. 4 copies of the CD. Um…whoop? But I finally got the damn CD. Apparently none of the stores around here are getting much in except vinyl.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: November 1, 2023 12:51

Do you know if he is going to write the Carbany vinyls?

Date: November 2, 2023 12:55

Sorry, I wanted to say if they are going to sell the red vinyl, for example, the sticky fingers, some girls or never again, or we tend to get scammed with abusive prices, what solution is there for Stonians in good faith?

Date: November 2, 2023 13:56

mick64
Sorry, I wanted to say if they are going to sell the red vinyl, for example, the sticky fingers, some girls or never again, or we tend to get scammed with abusive prices, what solution is there for Stonians in good faith?

I don't think anyone knows whether they'll be additional Carnaby's that become available for other albums; albums they haven't already done so for.

They don't seem to be reissuing new Carnaby's for any previously issued album series (except Honk), in red.

I say "in red" because that however doesn't mean they don't come up with another new series colour and reissue all the albums in that colour...the "Candy Cane 2 colour series" for Christmas for example. The sky's the limit and they've shown they're willing and able to reach for the skies.

Part of the reason they can command high prices is the perception that these are collectable and valuable and will increase in value.

Therefore they have to maintain that image carefully or product will just sit and gather dust in inventory. If you're still interested, you have to watch for and be quick about buying them when they become available. I've got about half the releases...they other half I wasn't even aware were coming and sold out before I became aware!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 3, 2023 02:56

treaclefingers
mick64

I don't think anyone knows whether they'll be additional Carnaby's that become available for other albums; albums they haven't already done so for.

They don't seem to be reissuing new Carnaby's for any previously issued album series (except Honk), in red.

I say "in red" because that however doesn't mean they don't come up with another new series colour and reissue all the albums in that colour...the "Candy Cane 2 colour series" for Christmas for example. The sky's the limit and they've shown they're willing and able to reach for the skies.

Part of the reason they can command high prices is the perception that these are collectable and valuable and will increase in value.

Therefore they have to maintain that image carefully or product will just sit and gather dust in inventory. If you're still interested, you have to watch for and be quick about buying them when they become available. I've got about half the releases...they other half I wasn't even aware were coming and sold out before I became aware!

I wrote to Carnaby store asking why, after IORR, B and B, Some Girls, great albums, why Exile, their GREATEST hasn’t been redified. They actually responded that they would take this up with “that team”.

Rod

Date: November 3, 2023 03:33

bitusa2012
treaclefingers
mick64

I wrote to Carnaby store asking why, after IORR, B and B, Some Girls, great albums, why Exile, their GREATEST hasn’t been redified. They actually responded that they would take this up with “that team”.

Excellent, though I can't imagine it hadn't occurred to them yet...2022 would have been the 50th anniversary, and the time to have done it!

Date: November 6, 2023 10:30

RS No.9 Tokyo (Harajuku) exclusive - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] :

Brussels Affair (2LP Color, Limited Edition, JPY 9900), Cat.-No. PROT-7254/5, 17-Nov-2023:

Large picture

Brown Sugar (Color Single, Limited Edition, JPY 2750), Cat.-No. PROT-7253, 10-Nov-2023:

Large picture

Brown Sugar (Color Single, Limited Edition, JPY 2750), Cat.-No. PROT-7252, 10-Nov-2023:

Large picture

All records are Japanese pressings.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-06 10:50 by Irix.

Date: November 6, 2023 15:16

Irix

Brussels Affair (2LP Color, Limited Edition, JPY 9900), Cat.-No. PROT-7254/5, 17-Nov-2023:

Large picture

Brown Sugar (Color Single, Limited Edition, JPY 2750), Cat.-No. PROT-7253, 10-Nov-2023:

Large picture

Brown Sugar (Color Single, Limited Edition, JPY 2750), Cat.-No. PROT-7252, 10-Nov-2023:

Large picture

I had read recently, when looking into the so-called wrongly advertised HD vinyl that initially was advertised as having a bonus track, that Japan had no vinyl pressing capability.

Rod

Date: November 7, 2023 05:24

Irix

Large picture

Large picture

Large picture

Be great if they had an English language page. I’m interested in the red Brussels

Rod

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 7, 2023 13:16

bitusa2012

Be great if they had an English language page. I’m interested in the red Brussels

Only for sale in the Japanese Carnaby Red No.9 Store.

Official apparel store “RS No.9” limited products now on sale!
RS No.9 HARAJUKU Limited Product
The Rolling Stones Brussels Affair/Brown Sugar [Single]

THE ROLLING STONES – BRUSSELS AFFAIR & BROWN SUGAR
This product is exclusive to The Rolling Stones' official apparel store "RS No.9," which opened in Harajuku, Tokyo on October 20th, and is a unique Japanese project.
The Rolling Stones' first single "Brown Sugar" will be released in two Japanese sleeve formats on November 10th, the 1973 live album "Brussels Affair" and the first color LP will be released on November 17th. On sale.
Brown Sugar <Color Single> Limited Edition
Released in 1971, the memorable first single from The Rolling Stones.
Released on November 10th 2023
PROT-7252 / Price: 2,750 yen (tax included)
Japanese edition sleeve reprinted
with lyrics translated
Japanese press edition
A: Brown Sugar
B: Bitch
Brown Sugar <Color Single> Limited Edition
Released in 1971, the memorable first single from The Rolling Stones.
Released on November 10th 2023
PROT-7253 / Price: 2,750 yen (tax included)
Japanese edition sleeve reprinted
with translated lyrics
Japanese press edition
A: Brown Sugar
B: Bitch
Brussels Affair <2LP Color> Limited Edition
Live recording recorded at Forest National Arena on October 17, 1973
Released on November 17th 2023
PROT-7254/5 / Price: 9,900 yen (tax included) Includes
English explanation and translation / Lyrics and translation included
Japanese press edition
LP1
Side-A
Brown Sugar
Gimme Shelter
Happy
Tumbling Dice
Side-B
Star Star
Dancing with Mr. D
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
Angie
LP2
Side-A
You Can’t Always Get What You Want.
Midnight Rambler
Side-B
Honky Tonk Women
All Down the Line
Rip This Joint
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man
[www.universal-music.co.jp]

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 7, 2023 17:34

Irix

Any clue how to decode those PROT-xxxx catalog numbers? Because they were used both for LPs and CDs that were exclusively sold in Japan. For example CDs and CD/DVD or CD/Bluray combos at Exhibitionism site.

Guess, it has something to do with local product, but how to decode the letters?

For example:
VJCP-18011
VJ - Virgin Japan
C - CDDA format, 4.7" disc
P - not regulated by industry but most probably stands for popular music
18 - price code for 1800 JPY
011 - number of the CD in the series.

UICY-79332
UI - Universal International
C - CDDA format, 4.7" disc
Y - not regulated by industry but most probably stands for western music
79332 - catalog number of the disc.

So, how about PROT?

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: November 7, 2023 17:40

PR Could be,. Polydor Records

Date: November 7, 2023 18:14

rogerriffin
PR Could be,. Polydor Records
Nope. Polydor is under Universal Music distribution. The code for Polydor these days is 'UI'.

Date: November 7, 2023 19:55

ironbelly

So, how about PROT?

There are also other 'P'-codes, for instance:

PDJT-1001/2 - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp]
PDBT-1002 - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp]
PDCT-5003/6 - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp]

They're products from Universal Music's own store.

Date: November 8, 2023 11:12

Irix
ironbelly

So, how about PROT?

There are also other 'P'-codes, for instance:

PDJT-1001/2 - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp]
PDBT-1002 - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp]
PDCT-5003/6 - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp]

They're products from Universal Music's own store.
Thank you for this info (and for messing the things a bit more) winking smiley.
What puzzles me is the fact that catalog numbers in Japan are well organized and systematized but PROT is a mess. You can check the recent trends and manufacturer's codes here
[rateyourmusic.com]
From that list:
- Neither PR not PD (the first two letters) were assigned for record company.
- Letter 'O' (the third position) was not assigned for a specific format.
- PROT is currently used for LPs (supposed to be letter 'J' in the 3rd position), singles (letter 'K'), CDs (letter 'C') (see [www.universal-music.co.jp]), CD/DVD combo (letter B for DVD) (see [www.universal-music.co.jp]), CD/Bluray combo (letter X for Bluray) (see [www.universal-music.co.jp])
It is obvious, that PROT (as well as those PDxT releases) are exclusive products for local market. Actually, we can stop here and do not dig deeper. But still....
Anyway, this thread is not about those mystic numbers/letters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-08 15:28 by ironbelly.

Date: November 9, 2023 11:38

I managed to get them to buy it for me in Japan and then the Brussels Affair sent it to me red vinyl

Date: November 9, 2023 14:47

mick64
I managed to get them to buy it for me in Japan and then the Brussels Affair sent it to me red vinyl

Them?

Date: November 9, 2023 17:47

mick64

Who???

Rod

Date: November 9, 2023 19:35

There are shopping staff who buy it in the store, you pay for the trip and the album.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 10, 2023 18:47

Still no news from my Carnaby Red and cs there is not what it used to be, took them a week to answer saying they were swamped and asking if I still needed help. I replied I did a week ago...no reply since. Given what they charge you'd think they could do better.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 11, 2023 16:18

mick64
There are shopping staff who buy it in the store, you pay for the trip and the album.

Do you have some suggestions of websites / people you work with?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041Next
Current Page: 38 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2079
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home