Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie Wood Art Question
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 22, 2024 00:51

I realized the cost of one of Ron Wood's art prints is less expensive than a floor ticket to the Cleveland show, and thought maybe get a cheaper ticket instead and also purchase one of Wood's newest prints of Charlie, which I love.

Then I noticed the print is digital. Since I'm not up to speed on this type of printing I went down the internet rabbit hole and discovered a whole world of "are digital prints as good as traditional style of art printmaking" with both sides making decent arguments.

The only concern I have is it was mentioned with digital printmaking there really is no original so even in a limited run it's feasible someone could run off a few more.

Anyone more up to speed on this subject? I welcome your thoughts. And is it true there wouldn't have been an original painting of these works? That it was created digitally?

Thanks

Re: Ronnie Wood Art Question
Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: March 22, 2024 09:21

Every time one buys a piece of art that is not declared to be unique, he has the same problem: how many were actually printed, made, carved?
Nothing new, really.
Sure, you must get it because you like it and you love to have it and not in sight of a future increase in value.
Moreover, please, consider that Ron Wood's arthas no secondary market outside the RS world and you'll not sell it per se, but only to a fan like you.
It's up to you.
Bye,Luca

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: March 22, 2024 10:25

If you’re buying from a scrupulous dealer, if your prints are numbered, you should be safe. Printing has come a long way since the 60’s / 70’s / 80’s and thus edition 1 should be as good as, say, edition 495 of the run. The company COULD choose to reissue with inverted or different colours, that’s down to them but it won’t make your original purchase worth less - if you’re buying for investment, you take the risk. If you love what you see, there’s no risk.

There IS an original whether it’s a computer generated file or an acrylic painting - Though it’s likely in Ronnie’s collection or is priced around 20 times higher than the print itself.
If the site offer a payment plan, interest free, that could also be worth considering as you can work (literally) through your payments and then you may be able to do both. (Edit; Booooo! They don’t.)

One last thing, when having the print framed, consider AR70 glass for glazing. It makes a world of difference!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 22, 2024 16:40

Thx Luca and sand and glue , I appreciate both of your responses.. I’m not interested in future investment as much as I am the uniqueness of a piece. It is signed and numbered, so that does make it unique for me.

My interest in the digital print portion was that with today’s technology it seems someone with the skill would know how to recreate it so that it was basically impossible to know the difference, and for $600+ that bothered me, but then I realized the actual signature and numbering actually makes it somewhat unique.

Was also curious about how digital prints can come from a “painting.” As far as what I like it can be original or out of a magazine (my favorite piece of Brian Jones I took from a magazine and framed it and I enjoy it.)

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: March 22, 2024 16:54

Having purchased Ronnie's art before, I would recommend getting something that offers the option of him personalizing it for you. Makes sense as a Stones fan and as a lover or art.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-22 16:54 by Jeter1984.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home