Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Date: August 19, 2021 11:41

IanBillen
I decided to do a little segment on it due to the reissue (and it's 40th year). However I must state .. not 'all' the vocals on TY were overdubbed in 1980/1981 as was said here (backing vocals and some of Micks vocals were in the material initially unearthed by Chris Kimsey and some of that made it to the release):

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 19, 2021 11:44

GasLightStreet
snarf2014
Let's listen first and then judge. Tattoo You was all redone vocals so what's the point? I prefer to listen to a finished track.

The vocals weren't "redone" - they hadn't been done.

Facts matter.

Well I remember former vocals at least: waiting on a friend (quite unfinished), slave ("I wanna be your slave" instead of "Don't wanna be your slave"), I think but not so sure about "Worried about you" from the B&B-sessions.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 19, 2021 11:44

retired_dog
gotdablouse
snarf2014
They already did new vocals in 1994, so the version we will hear tomorrow will be that take with some 2021 touch ups.

We don't know for a fact that new vocals were done in 94 for LITHOL but there were indeed plans to have bonus tracks on the Virgin re-releases and it was said that 5/6 tracks were redone. We got "So Young" at the time and MJ mentioned Fiji Jim in an AOL chat. LITHOL could well be another one, intended as an IORR bonus at the time.

As a side note that likely means there are no plans for an IORR Deluxe...

If I remember well, Kimsey mentioned So Young, Fiji Jim, Drift Away, Shame Shame Shame, We Had It All, Let's Go Steady as possible candidates for "Single B-Sides" (not bonus tracks), but not LITHOL.

Kimsey or Was ? For the Virgin reissues it would have been Was, I'm not aware of Kimsey discussing B-Sides material ?

bertrichards
Lost & Found: Rarities
    Living In The Heart Of Love
    Fiji Jim
    Troubles A’ Comin
    Shame Shame Shame
    Drift Away
    It’s A Lie
    Come To The Ball
    Fast Talking Slow Walking
    Start Me Up (Early Version)

That's a nice selection, with 3 (Shame Shame Shame, Drift Away and SMU) that weren't on FFSO so that's something to look forward to.

I wonder if the stereo on tracks like LITHOL will be reversed like on FFSO compared to the original "Lonely at the Top" bootleg leak. "Shame, Shame, Shame" was attempted a few times too, Rotterdam and Paris.

Oh and of course what is "Come to the Ball" ?
- an new unknown track
- a reworked track with a vocal : Travellin' Man, Gangster's Moll, Misty Roads, etc...
- a reworked backing track : Munich Hilton, Slow Down and Stop, etc...

I wonder if the Ultra Super Dooper Deluxe will replicate the "3D" cover of TY they used for promo purposes in France (and maybe elsewhere) 40 years ago ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 11:54 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: August 19, 2021 11:45

I don't believe I am familiar with "Living In The Heart Of Love" concerning the title. I don't think I have even heard it's name in the various bootleg material through the years.

Is this a title / song not heard of to those of you as well?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 19, 2021 11:55

IanBillen

I don't believe I am familiar with "Living In The Heart Of Love" concerning the title.

From [StonesSessions.com] - (Appendix: Session List):

8 – 13, 20 February - 3 March 1974 Musicland Studios, Munich, Germany:
S0527. Living In The Heart Of Love (3.29)

25 November - December 1980 RS Mobile, Bercy, Paris, France:

From [NZentgraf.de] , [Aeppli.ch] :

740208A 8th - 13th February & 20th February - 3rd March: Munich, West-Germany, Musicland Studios.
- Living In The Heart Of Love I (MJ/KR) - Nicky Hopkins on piano
- Living In The Heart Of Love II (MJ/KR) - Nicky Hopkins on piano, with vocals

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 12:10 by Irix.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 19, 2021 11:55

Is that a serious question ? ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: August 19, 2021 12:01

IanBillen
I don't believe I am familiar with "Living In The Heart Of Love" concerning the title. I don't think I have even heard it's name in the various bootleg material through the years.

Some places refer to it as Living Is A Harder Love. It is been around on various bootlegs.

Date: August 19, 2021 12:10

IanBillen

A new version was included on the «Fully Finished Outtakes»-release earlier this year. If you missed that one, you better get it, Ian.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: August 19, 2021 12:26

The bonus disc looks pretty good with mostly new songs if a bit short with only 9 songs. It will be nice to have better sounding versions of some of these songs which have been around on bootlegs.

Not keen on the cd/lp Super Deluxe Edition mixed formats. Maybe Japan will have cds only with a bonus track or tracks.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 19, 2021 12:47

bertrichards
Lost & Found: Rarities
    Living In The Heart Of Love
    Fiji Jim
    Troubles A’ Comin
    Shame Shame Shame
    DriftAway
    It’s A Lie
    Come To The Ball
    Fast Talking Slow Walking
    Start Me Up (Early Version)

Now, that looks like a great set of songs. Some of old bootleg gems finally seeing the light of the day ("Living In The Heart of Love", "DriftAway", "Fast Talking Slow Walking"). The leaked out-takes set a bit destroyed the news value (especially "Troubles A' Comin"), so we are down to only one 'surprise' track there ("Come To The Ball"). Most likely "Start Me Up" is the 'reggae version' of it, and I think it's inclusion is well justified, since it really adds something to the official one (no, I don't need 27 minutes jamming of the same old "Slave" - I am not that hardcore fangrinning smiley).

The big question is the added new vocals (and guitars). I am not quite expecting a new TATTOO YOU miracle from Mick, and there are tunes that I really hope to keep as they are. I think especially "Living In The Heart of Love" in its 'original' 1974 vocals and "DriftAway" have terrific vocals that I'd like to keep them as they initially were (most likely in the case of the former it will not happen, since they have re-worked it already - was it 1994 as claimed - with lesser results me thinks). The leaked "Trouble's A Comin' with its straight and minimalist vocals sounded great as well, but I guess Mick is not happy with the lyrics. With "Fast Talking" is so and so - there is a lot charm in those original, a bit fragile vocals, but an old Mick might do them justice as well. And the lyrics like the basic melody line sound a bit unfinished - they ask something. Of the lot, this might the one I am most interested in how it will end up like - it has a great potentia. Some songs surely ask more finishing up - "Fiji Jim", "It's A Lie" - and of those, I have high hopes for "Never Stop" (if that really is that) - Mick and Ronnie could have had fun with fooling with that one. I expect a pleasent surprise there that is strikingly different than the one we know now.

But yeah - LOST & FOUND sounds (on a paper) like a compact package, and I have high hopes for it.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 12:55 by Doxa.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 19, 2021 13:17

gotdablouse
"Shame, Shame, Shame" was attempted a few times too, Rotterdam and Paris.

No that's 2 different tracks. In 75 they "covered" the disco tune by Shirley & Company :
[www.youtube.com]

Hard to explain why they did this... grinning smiley Maybe Jagger liked the song and wanted to understand the chord progression so he could nick it and turn it into a song of his own?

In 77/78 in Paris they covered the Jimmy Reed blues.
[www.youtube.com]

Probably a KR/RW idea this time...

Anyway I find it strange Jagger puts it on a TY reissue as TY has next to NO bluesy or nostalgia vibe... (OK BL is 100% blues). It's very modern musically.

Maybe they found the 78 SSS after the 2011 SG reissue? Did Ron put a new solo ont his track as the original one sounded a bit weak and off-the-cuff?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 13:24 by dcba.

Date: August 19, 2021 13:25

Official announcement - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] , [RollingStones.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 16:05 by Irix.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: August 19, 2021 15:24

Irix
IanBillen

I don't believe I am familiar with "Living In The Heart Of Love" concerning the title.

From [StonesSessions.com] - (Appendix: Session List):

8 – 13, 20 February - 3 March 1974 Musicland Studios, Munich, Germany:

25 November - December 1980 RS Mobile, Bercy, Paris, France:

From [NZentgraf.de] , [Aeppli.ch] :

740208A 8th - 13th February & 20th February - 3rd March: Munich, West-Germany, Musicland Studios.
- Living In The Heart Of Love I (MJ/KR) - Nicky Hopkins on piano
- Living In The Heart Of Love II (MJ/KR) - Nicky Hopkins on piano, with vocals

Ah .. Thank you! Good to know (interesting stuff). thumbs up

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: August 19, 2021 15:33

Looking forward to the first song being released soon…I think it would be pretty funny if the music videos for the new songs mimics the style of the music videos they made for the original album.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 19, 2021 15:39

CamRS
I think it would be pretty funny if the music videos for the new songs mimics the style of the music videos they made for the original album.

Here it is :
[www.youtube.com]

(thank you stevehoffman.tv)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 19, 2021 15:43

DandelionPowderman
jbwelda
Darn! I was hoping for Winterland 1972.

jb

Did they play Start Me Up? winking smiley

the reggae version.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 15:50

dcba
CamRS
I think it would be pretty funny if the music videos for the new songs mimics the style of the music videos they made for the original album.

Here it is :
[www.youtube.com]

(thank you stevehoffman.tv)

Really hilarious, never saw it before.
Great find. smileys with beer

Date: August 19, 2021 15:56

Updated: [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [RollingStones.com] .

[www.YouTube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 16:45 by Irix.

Date: August 19, 2021 15:59

CD + cassette, that's a new one! smiling smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 19, 2021 16:00

no DVD

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 19, 2021 16:02

TATTOO YOU — 40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
A whole new experience…9 new unheard tracks (including ‘Living In The Heart Of Love’ you can hear now) alongside an all-new 2021 remaster of the album & Stones infamous Wembley Stadium ‘82 live show. Pre-order: [the-rolling-stones.lnk.to]

[twitter.com]

Date: August 19, 2021 16:04

Lots of new Mick vocals in that clip smiling smiley

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 16:05

There will be a Carnaby LP limited edition. It appeared briefly on the official store (with a "forthcoming" picture) but it has disappeared now.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: August 19, 2021 16:05

“Living” is live on Spotify.

Sounds like Ronnie punched in a solo just before an all-too-brief Mick Taylor solo eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 19, 2021 16:06

The vocals on Living in the Heart of Love did sound older than 1994. Different version from the one found on "Fully Finished".

Date: August 19, 2021 16:06

Living In The Heart Of Love sounds very good thumbs up

[open.spotify.com]

Date: August 19, 2021 16:07

Japanese Editions: [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

"4CD box set includes a miniature replica of the film brochure, only available in Japan!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 16:10 by Irix.

Date: August 19, 2021 16:09

MelBelli
“Living” is live on Spotify.

Sounds like Ronnie punched in a solo just before an all-too-brief Mick Taylor solo eye rolling smiley

Weird-sounding. But I liked both.

Date: August 19, 2021 16:12

"Living In The Heart Of Love" - [Music.Apple.com] .

Date: August 19, 2021 16:13

TATTOO YOU — 40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION

Mick - [Twitter.com] , Large picture .

Keith - [Twitter.com] , Large picture .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 23:20 by Irix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home