Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 17, 2021 20:46

Hilarious! Hints that are scratched out yet still legible!

There's the upper left one. What the hell is CTTB?

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: August 17, 2021 20:48

Come to the Ball…that’s what the scratched out text looks like it says to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-17 20:58 by CamRS.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: August 17, 2021 20:49

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 17, 2021 20:54

Trouble is a comin'
Living in the heart of Love
Come to the ball

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 17, 2021 20:54

bertrichards
[www.youtube.com]

Mick is so weird.

Posted by: Harry ()
Date: August 17, 2021 20:56

Or Come to the Bali

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: August 17, 2021 21:00

Left to the spider net: 'Come To ????'. And in the net, 4 letters C T T B. Whatever that means.[/quote]

Could it be "Come To The Ball"? It does appear to be a disco ball inside that spider web, though I'm not familiar with the title....

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: August 17, 2021 21:05

Someone on another forum said it's Come To The Ball. CTTB

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: August 17, 2021 21:20

According to The Rolling Stones Data Facebook page...

More about the soon-to-be announcement of the deluxe version of TATTOO YOU
-Besides the remastered version the original album, there will be 9-10 extra tracks
-First song to promote the album would be an unreleased track from the Munich sessions 1974 (already available in bootlegs through the years, but since two different versions of the songs exist, we don't know which will be the chosen one)
-Second song to promote the album should be one featured for the first time in a bootleg that recently hit the news worldwide
-Third song to promote the album would be one that never showed up in bootlegs, or else one that did, now with a brand new title, making it the only unheard track so far
-Whatever songs that were already featured in bootlegs through the years, bear in mind vocals may have been re-done (same as the extra tracks that showed up in the deluxe version of SOME GIRLS, which we had known for years from bootleg albums like "Claudine/Accidents Will Happen", but mostly with brand new vocals by Mick)
-The album would feature only one alternate version of one of the songs included in the official TATTOO YOU (then forget about any other alternate versions of Slave, Hang Fire, Waiting On a Friend, etc., the chances are they won't be included)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-17 21:21 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 17, 2021 21:22

Maindefender
In theory TT deluxe could contain material from 2021. It should be wide open...

Just sayin...>grinning smiley<. Calling Giles Martin(please)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-17 21:24 by Maindefender.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: August 17, 2021 21:29

Maybe Come to the Ball is a re-titled (new lyrics) "Gangster's Moll". I'd be all for that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-17 21:29 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: August 17, 2021 21:41

Regarding a bootlegged song that recently hit the news worldwide, I wonder if that snippet of Jagger singing "To Tell The Truth" from a year ago or so may resurface here as a full track.....

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 17, 2021 21:43

boogaloojef

-Besides the remastered version the original album, there will be 9-10 extra tracks
-First song to promote the album would be an unreleased track from the Munich sessions 1974 (already available in bootlegs through the years, but since two different versions of the songs exist, we don't know which will be the chosen one)
-Second song to promote the album should be one featured for the first time in a bootleg that recently hit the news worldwide
-Third song to promote the album would be one that never showed up in bootlegs, or else one that did, now with a brand new title, making it the only unheard track so far
-Whatever songs that were already featured in bootlegs through the years, bear in mind vocals may have been re-done (same as the extra tracks that showed up in the deluxe version of SOME GIRLS, which we had known for years from bootleg albums like "Claudine/Accidents Will Happen", but mostly with brand new vocals by Mick)
-The album would feature only one alternate version of one of the songs included in the official TATTOO YOU (then forget about any other alternate versions of Slave, Hang Fire, Waiting On a Friend, etc., the chances are they won't be included)

The Reggae Start Me Up?

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: August 17, 2021 21:45

boogaloojef

So based on these hints and the promo image the Stones released, it looks like:

The first new song will be Living in the Heart of Love

The second will be Trouble’s A Coming

The third will be Come to the Ball

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-17 21:46 by CamRS.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: August 17, 2021 21:49

Flash sale at "2pm" for "the world". What does that mean?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 17, 2021 21:52

GivenToFly15

yeah, I was wondering what does that mean...GMT, EST?

I imagine there'll be an update by tomorrow.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 17, 2021 21:56

"Come to the Ball" will maybe be the official release of the much worked on "Munich Hilton" ? Not easy to put a vocal on that though, like on "Potted Shrimps"/"Tell Her How It Is" that doesn't really go anywhere, the reason it wasn't used for Exile Deluxe probably.

"since two different versions of the songs exist" - LITHOL doesn't really qualify for that does it ? The FFSO version is marginally different from the well known "Lonely at The Top" version.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: August 17, 2021 21:57

treaclefingers
GivenToFly15

yeah, I was wondering what does that mean...GMT, EST?

I imagine there'll be an update by tomorrow.

It’s 2pm gmt, there’s a countdown in their instagram story

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 17, 2021 21:58

Like the double meaning of the "flash" sale..

Looking at the flash here, try I as I might, and as big a fan of "old school" tattoos, and the Stones as I am, can't really rationalize getting any of them unfortunately.

Closest one that I could be tempted by, would be the Start Me Up one, I suppose, but that would take some cleaning up. Trouble, also has potential.. but they really should have finished these up a bit.winking smiley

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: August 17, 2021 22:04

boogaloojef

Whatever will be included or not: I'm in! cool smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 17, 2021 22:10

GivenToFly15

The worldwide announcement of Tattoo You Deluxe will be on 19-Aug-2021, 2pm British Summer Time or 9am Eastern Standard Time (actually: Eastern Daylight Time, EDT).

So: London 2pm - Paris/Amsterdam/Berlin 3pm - NYC 9am - LA 6am - Tokyo 10pm - Auckland 1am (Aug. 20).

Time Zone Converter - [www.TimeAndDate.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-17 22:25 by Irix.

Date: August 17, 2021 22:12

bertrichards
boogaloojef

Whatever will be included or not: I'm in! cool smiley

Yup. I think I'm more enthusiastic about this release than all the other ones up to this point. Superdeluxe here we come.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 17, 2021 22:36

treaclefingers
Superdeluxe here we come.

But what will be the difference between the superdeluxe and the standard 2cd release? It can't be Hampton 81. Worchester 81....now, that would be neat - or... maybe horrendous, judging by Philadelphia 2 weeks later, but I'll surely pay the extras for that one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-17 22:39 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 17, 2021 22:40

treaclefingers

Just got it sent to my email inbox.

Me too - strange that Universal Music has to rely on someone else's Video: [www.YouTube.com] .

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 17, 2021 22:52

Which would you get?
Thursday 2pm BST / 9AM EST… [RollingStones.lnk.to]

[twitter.com]

Date: August 17, 2021 22:53

Erik_Snow
treaclefingers

But what will be the difference between the superdeluxe and the standard 2cd release? It can't be Hampton 81. Worchester 81....now, that would be neat - or... maybe horrendous, judging by Philadelphia 2 weeks later, but I'll surely pay the extras for that one

I have no information...on gut instinct I think this'll be the best of the box sets, and the biggest seller. But yeah, a live release and a bunch of worthless accoutrements, Mick's football pants/cup, various Football jerseys from various cities, a glossy book, mono versions of everything (is that still the in thing?)...ummm...ticket stubs, backstage passes and guitar picks.

I'm using the Wino's box set for reference now.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 17, 2021 23:01

Erik_Snow
treaclefingers

the price! (beside that: most likely a box, a bigger booklet and some poster…)

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 17, 2021 23:04

Somewhat peculiar though that Sir Michael condoned that video considering the fact that he is part of the upper echelon now, only one step away from the House of Lords...

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 17, 2021 23:08

Irix
treaclefingers

Just got it sent to my email inbox.

Me too - strange that Universal Music has to rely on someone else's Video: [www.YouTube.com] .

Exactly what I thought. Strange.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 17, 2021 23:14

I do remember there was a leaflet included when I bought Tattoo You (in 1981). I think it was for a fan club membership. I threw it away. Which I kind of regret now.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1811
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home