Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 17, 2021 23:15

treaclefingers
Erik_Snow
treaclefingers
Superdeluxe here we come.

But what will be the difference between the superdeluxe and the standard 2cd release? It can't be Hampton 81. Worchester 81....now, that would be neat - or... maybe horrendous, judging by Philadelphia 2 weeks later, but I'll surely pay the extras for that one

I have no information...on gut instinct I think this'll be the best of the box sets, and the biggest seller. But yeah, a live release and a bunch of worthless accoutrements, Mick's football pants/cup, various Football jerseys from various cities, a glossy book, mono versions of everything (is that still the in thing?)...ummm...ticket stubs, backstage passes and guitar picks.

I'm using the Wino's box set for reference now.

Your guesses might be spot on, apart from any live release. After Still Life, Hampton 81 and Leeds 82, I doubt many people (or Jagger himself) would see any point in even another release with same setlist.

Worcester is the only one that's different from the others, but it's probably terrible - and maybe it wasn't even recorded.

A DVD of the 3 to-be-released songs, along with the 4 famous promos is more likely.....tho' I wouldn't blame Jagger for not wanting them out in a big collectable box for future generations

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-18 00:26 by Erik_Snow.

Date: August 17, 2021 23:17

They released Brussels for the fourth time in the GHS-set. Why not Hampton now?

I hope I'm wrong, though.

Date: August 17, 2021 23:21

DandelionPowderman

But Brussels was only available in real expensive deluxe boxes.....apart from the download, but that's not the same, for older folks like....me.

Date: August 17, 2021 23:24

Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman

But Brussels was only available in real expensive deluxe boxes.....apart from the download, but that's not the same, for older folks like....me.

+ the Ward records-release that was more affordable.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 17, 2021 23:29

Stoneage
I do remember there was a leaflet included when I bought Tattoo You (in 1981). I think it was for a fan club membership. I threw it away. Which I kind of regret now.

The fan club flyer was in UC a couple of years later. The standard TY issue didn't have a booklet but that rather silly greyish LP cover with a hoof ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 17, 2021 23:37

Thanks, Gotdablouse. They say you shouldn't rely on your memory. I guess there is some truth in that. So it was the UC flyer I threw away then...

Date: August 17, 2021 23:38

DandelionPowderman

All of a sudden I got a thought; now it would be cool if RS went all the way with Tattoo You superdeluxe, and released Brussels 1973 for the 5TH time - together a tiny copy of Jaggers football shirt or some of treaclefingers suggestions.
The original record was recorded in the 72-81 era anyway

Date: August 17, 2021 23:39

Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman

All of a sudden I got a thought; now it would be cool if RS went all the way with Tattoo You superdeluxe, and released Brussels 1973 for the 5TH time - together a tiny copy of Jaggers football shirt or some of treaclefingers suggestions.
The original record was recorded in the 72-81 era anyway

grinning smiley

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 18, 2021 00:48

Doesn’t make sense.

The three “unreleased” titles in the same ad with 6 released titles. If the released ones were alternate versions of them, that would equal the 9 bonus tracks.

But that other info (From?) says only one alternate.

Weird.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 18, 2021 00:54

JMARKO
Doesn’t make sense.

The three “unreleased” titles in the same ad with 6 released titles. If the released ones were alternate versions of them, that would equal the 9 bonus tracks.

Weird.

good observation, and if that's true definitely no Slave on the bonus disc. dang.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: August 18, 2021 00:54

JMARKO
Doesn’t make sense.

Weird.

The other info is from the Rolling Stones Data website and Facebook page. Marcelo who runs the site and page also posted a few days ago the announcement about the release would sometime this week which has turned out to be correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-18 00:55 by boogaloojef.

Date: August 18, 2021 02:40

They may give us the "Supergroups Live" broadcast as a live bonus disc. This has been bootlegged many times and has a mix of songs from several 1981 shows.
I think down the road we'll get a deluxe Let's Spend The Night Together with both concerts in full. I know we already have Hampton and Leeds but this would be an easy release for them.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 18, 2021 02:45

What's Supergroups Live?

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: August 18, 2021 02:53

was a radio show with live stuff

Date: August 18, 2021 03:28

THE ROLLING STONES
D.I.R. / ABC Radio Networks Presents
Supergroups In Concert 1983
Recorded Live during the 1981 American Tour
Original Airdate: 19 March 1983
1983 pre-FM Triple Vinyl

U.S. radio transcription disc consisting of multiple live tracks, all culled from The Stones 1981 American Tour in support of their album The Rolling Stones - Tattoo You. (This was to be the last tour of the United States The Stones would do until 1989.) D.I.R., who produced the show in association with ABC Radio Networks, are the people behind King Biscuit. Contains original commercial blocks and DJ introductions by Pat St. John. The tracks were recorded at the following locations:

Side A: The Pontiac Superdome, Detroit, Michigan - 30 November & 1 December 1981
Side B: Rosemont Horizon, Chicago, Illinois - 23 November 1981
Side C: Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana - 5 December 1981
Side D: Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, Arizona - 13 December 1981
Side E & F: The Capital Centre Arena, Largo, Maryland (just outside Washington, D.C.) - 7 December 1981

VoodooLounge13
What's Supergroups Live?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 18, 2021 03:46

georgemcdonnell314
THE ROLLING STONES
D.I.R. / ABC Radio Networks Presents
Supergroups In Concert 1983
Recorded Live during the 1981 American Tour
Original Airdate: 19 March 1983
1983 pre-FM Triple Vinyl

U.S. radio transcription disc consisting of multiple live tracks, all culled from The Stones 1981 American Tour in support of their album The Rolling Stones - Tattoo You. (This was to be the last tour of the United States The Stones would do until 1989.) D.I.R., who produced the show in association with ABC Radio Networks, are the people behind King Biscuit. Contains original commercial blocks and DJ introductions by Pat St. John. The tracks were recorded at the following locations:

Side A: The Pontiac Superdome, Detroit, Michigan - 30 November & 1 December 1981
Side B: Rosemont Horizon, Chicago, Illinois - 23 November 1981
Side C: Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana - 5 December 1981
Side D: Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, Arizona - 13 December 1981
Side E & F: The Capital Centre Arena, Largo, Maryland (just outside Washington, D.C.) - 7 December 1981

VoodooLounge13
What's Supergroups Live?

Oh cool! I'm guessing something like this would be in the SuperDeluxe! Very cool me thinks!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 18, 2021 05:19

VoodooLounge13
boogaloojef
According to The Rolling Stones Data Facebook page...

More about the soon-to-be announcement of the deluxe version of TATTOO YOU
-Besides the remastered version the original album, there will be 9-10 extra tracks
-First song to promote the album would be an unreleased track from the Munich sessions 1974 (already available in bootlegs through the years, but since two different versions of the songs exist, we don't know which will be the chosen one)
-Second song to promote the album should be one featured for the first time in a bootleg that recently hit the news worldwide
-Third song to promote the album would be one that never showed up in bootlegs, or else one that did, now with a brand new title, making it the only unheard track so far
-Whatever songs that were already featured in bootlegs through the years, bear in mind vocals may have been re-done (same as the extra tracks that showed up in the deluxe version of SOME GIRLS, which we had known for years from bootleg albums like "Claudine/Accidents Will Happen", but mostly with brand new vocals by Mick)
-The album would feature only one alternate version of one of the songs included in the official TATTOO YOU (then forget about any other alternate versions of Slave, Hang Fire, Waiting On a Friend, etc., the chances are they won't be included)

The Reggae Start Me Up?

I would lean towards Neighbors.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 18, 2021 12:43

Nikkei
[twitter.com]

"Tattoo Flash Sale" on 19th August? "Get ready to be re-inked"

[rollingstones.lnk.to]

Is it possible this was the original album cover with alternate songs?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 18, 2021 13:04

No way that's an album cover.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 18, 2021 14:21

treaclefingers

good observation, and if that's true definitely no Slave on the bonus disc. dang.

The "Art Collins" leak showed that not one of them are worth an official release imo. The original uncut take from 75 clocks in at 9 minutes and is only of interest for purists/IORR crowd.
The shorter takes (edited in 80) suffer from embarrassing OTT Jagger vocals.

The 1981 early Rollins sax overdubs are not as good as the ones that were on TY so why bother...

But I'd love to be proven wrong if Mick found truly new versions of that masterpiece.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 18, 2021 21:34

October 22th, release date of the new reissue with multiple editions, more than 12.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 18, 2021 22:02

georgelicks
October 22th, release date of the new reissue with multiple editions, more than 12.

Good lord...and with the inevitable Carnaby release, 13, unless you've also included that.

They've timed it perfectly as a lead up to Christmas release. I think this will be a massive seller, as compared to the previous boxes.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: August 18, 2021 22:36

georgelicks

I only want the vinyl releases...

Date: August 18, 2021 22:40

"New" song will be played at 9 AM on Q104.3 in NYC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-18 22:52 by Topi.

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: August 18, 2021 22:51

Topi
"New" song played at 9 AM on Q104.3 in NYC.

Thanks Topi, did you mean today or in the morning?

Date: August 18, 2021 22:51

Tomorrow morning 9 AM EST.

Posted by: Rambler62 ()
Date: August 18, 2021 22:54

LIVING IN THE HEART OF LOVE!!!

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: August 18, 2021 22:58

Thanks Topi!

Date: August 18, 2021 23:03

For some reason, some of the YouTube vids of "Living in the Heart of Love" have been taken down, hmm...winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-18 23:06 by Topi.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 18, 2021 23:03

Rambler62
LIVING IN THE HEART OF LOVE!!!

Please remix and clean the old version! Not the new vocals please! eye rolling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home