Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: August 20, 2021 05:30

So is this the Audio from the Video Boot from Wembley 82? I guess another show from 81/82 would be a bit much, but if you've filmed it, why not.

I see there were two nights, so if someone knows?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: August 20, 2021 06:45

Irix

HiRes 24bit/44.1kHz - [www.Qobuz.com] - US$32.49 / £28.99 / €29.99 .

Living in the heart of love is also available as a stand alone track : [www.qobuz.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 20, 2021 08:07

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
Irix
treaclefingers

Ok...sorry if this question has been asked but...says 2021 remaster. We just had the 1/2 master releases...would this be the same?

The 2018 HalfSpeed-Master were done by Miles Showell while the 2021 Remaster were done by Stephen Marcussen - [www.Amazon.com] .

"Tattoo You celebrates 40 years with the release of a brand new remastered edition of the chart topping, multiplatinum album. The 40th anniversary edition, remastered by Stephen Marcussen, includes such enduring favorites as 'Hang Fire', 'Waiting On A Friend' (showcasing jazz saxophone giant Sonny Rollins) and of course the opening track that's been a band signature ever since, 'Start Me Up'. Pressed on 180g black vinyl."

Thank you! Interesting to see what the difference will be.

It will be no different than the 2009 remaster - awful.

Skippy.

You may be totally right. Unless, you're totally wrong.

But you don't have a clue nor do we until we listen to it.

Save the disparaging comments for October 15!

Alright. I'll wait until October 22nd to tell you that he rurnt yet another remastering.

Funny, I read as well that the official release is Oct 22, but Amazon says the release is Oct. 15. I presume that's an error but maybe I'll get it early and let you know!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 08:40

bitusa2012
Jesus, how dumb am I? I thought it was expensive! I wanted to buy the Super deluxe CD box and bought the bloody vinyl in error!!!!

Can you cancel an order on the Rolling Stones Store at all?

Thanks

No one???

Rod

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 20, 2021 08:44

bitusa2012
bitusa2012
Jesus, how dumb am I? I thought it was expensive! I wanted to buy the Super deluxe CD box and bought the bloody vinyl in error!!!!

Thanks

No one???

No idea.

Treat yourself and buy both.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: August 20, 2021 08:48

bitusa2012
bitusa2012

Thanks

No one???

Write them a message and explain your error

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2021 09:22

BUY BOTH and support The Stones .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 09:36

In the CD's deluxe edition is there also a vinyl?!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 20, 2021 10:11

Four Stone Walls
Well, what a con.

More traços that had nothing to do with 1980 or 1981.
The 'running out of ideas' period.

That'd prove the TY reissue will be the very last of the series so Jagger took this opportuniy to cram in all the few remaining unreleased songs worth a release in his eyes.
Naturally that gives a "hodge-podge" impression to the thing : a 74 glam outtake, a 74 soulful track, then a 78 Jimmy Reed cover, etc etc...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 16:21 by dcba.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 10:15

I really wonder what they've done with the guitar parts of Mick Taylor...? And if he will be mentioned in the credits (besides Tops and Waiting on a Friend) on this box set...

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: August 20, 2021 11:13

Stone601
VoodooLounge13
ebalm
VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13
Irix
ebalm

FYI - I found the 5 lp on the Italian Amazon for 132 american dollars with shipping. Jump on it before they fix the price

[www.Amazon.it] , [www.Amazon.com] , [www.Amazon.co.uk]

thanks Irix!

Actually is it just me, but this seems to be the CD Super Deluxe, not the 5 LP one....

[www.amazon.it]

Thanks ebalm!!
Ordered the vinyl box. € 115 with shipping is a good price .... since I live in Italy winking smiley
Shipping in Europe is almost free, I ordered mine for € 118,61 smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 20, 2021 11:41

Now we know two things:

- There won"t be a remix of TY in the next years (I was hoping for it as Giles Martin did a great job. Maybe he was too expensive? Every Stones-album would deserve it, especially Dirty work.)

- There won't be any Deluxe-versions of IORR or BAB as the great Outtakes of that period inclusive Scarlet are out of the bag now.

I hope I'm wrong

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 20, 2021 12:19

deardoctor
Now we know two things:

- There won"t be a remix of TY in the next years (I was hoping for it as Giles Martin did a great job. Maybe he was too expensive? Every Stones-album would deserve it, especially Dirty work.)

- There won't be any Deluxe-versions of IORR or BAB as the great Outtakes of that period inclusive Scarlet are out of the bag now.

I hope I'm wrong
I think Bob Clearmountain's original TY mix is so unique and such an integral part of how the album sounds that it's almost impossible to replicate let alone improve it.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 20, 2021 12:45

boogaloojef
CamRS
Hairball
rollmops
Hairball
Drift Away...never liked the Stones version...pales in comparison to Dobie Gray's hit version.
It is funny because I was thinking that if "Drift Away" was promoted the right way it could be a hit which goes against your view. That is ok. My rational is that lot of people are familiar with the song and they would be surprised that the Stones covered it. Just a thought.
Rockandroll,
Mops

A hit? In this day and age?

The Stones version slogs along aimlessly, and most people that know Dobie's superior hit version wouldn't give a crap whether the Stones covered it or not.
There's a few Stones fanatics that like it, but doubt it would ever be a hit for them (probably why they never released it)- not back then and especially not now.

I believe the reason the Stones didn’t include Drift Away in an album was because Dobie Gray’s version was such a massive hit. But if Uncle Kracker can release a lame cover of Drift Away and make it a hit in 2002, then I think it’s possible for another artist to achieve it today, lol.

Rod Stewart also released a cover version around that time.

Yeah I forgot about that one, underrated version on an underrated album. It does feel strange though that here we are discussing TY Deluxe version and Drift Away and LITHOL are on it, quite a time span! As mentioned earlier, this is probably the last deluxe edition outta their catalogue in a long time, until we get that Voodoo Lounge one...(?)

Or could it just be that those two songs fit in with the rest and the chronological logic is thrown out of the window?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 12:47 by MadMax.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 20, 2021 12:46

mailexile67

Yes and a picture disk at that too!

Oh and no one's mentioned the lenticular ("3D") picture on the cover of the Deluxe sets, presumably showing Mick or Keith based on the angle.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:13

deardoctor
Now we know :

I hope I'm wrong

I think you're right. 74-75 were a sort of creative black hole for the band so I guess Jagger is not too keen on revisiting these years.
I'd love to be proven wrong but imo it's safe to assume the sole interesting material from these years has been released at that time on IORR and B&B (and on TY a bit later).
Glyn Johns who recorded the early'75 studio sessions said a few years ago that the music he put on tape wasn't that interesting.

Regarding the "auditioning new guitarists" that's ONE thing Jagger would never let out of the bag : boring jams, uninspired sessions... and a nightmare regarding rights

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:15

Why is Wood putting overdubs on songs that were made when he wasn’t in the band and not Keith?

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:16

It’s hard to imagine more 70’s deluxe versions as Tattoo You covers the whole period. Would enjoy a boxed set of remaining outtakes at some point. Hillside Blues, Come on Sugsr and much of the FFSO stuff - would be a a great 60th anniversary treat -alongside a new album of course smiling smiley

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:33

mailexile67

[iorr.org]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:37

I just was looking into this and the deluxe 4cd box set looks nice with the original album remastered , then the 9 New Old Stock tracks , then the 2 discs with the Wembley show which says it's the Still Life show which I thought was taken from multiple shows which is fine as well . Why not give us the Video of the Wembley show in it's entirety ? I would pay more for that if it was included in the 4cd boxset with the booklet thing . Stuff like that pisses me off that they won't/can't give it to us and heck as horrendous as the Leeds Video monitor screen thing is some here have mentioned it would be the same thing with Wembley . Is this correct ? Release date is 10/22/21 ? Does anyone know the price in $ for this set as it was not in my E-Mail notification ?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:40

.... Wanna hear Troubles A Comin' ....
Lurv the low down grind of that thing .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:41

Taylor1
Why is Wood putting overdubs on songs that were made when he wasn’t in the band and not Keith?

Well, that's the clever trick here: it is TATTOO YOU era band that legitimately uses the out-takes from 1972-1980. So, say, a track like "Living in the Heart of Love" is not aimed to sound like it would have sounded on an album like IORR but as it would have sounded if released on TATTOO YOU... So the use of Ronnie is perfectly justified.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 13:46 by Doxa.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:44

TheGreek

then the 2 discs with the Wembley show which says it's the Still Life show which I thought was taken from multiple shows which is fine as well

That they now call the Wembley show "Still Life", too, is a bit misleading. Still Life was never a tour name. It was the name of a live album, compiled from shows on the 1981 US Tour and released in 1982.

So yes, Still Life did indeed contain tracks from multiple shows. None of which was Wembley 1982. No single show has been called "The Still Life show". Leeds was "Live in Leeds", Hampton was "Hampton Coliseum 1981"

The 1982 tour was simply called The Rolling Stones European Tour 1982.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 14:12 by Topi.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:47

rcfoxy
rollmops
Hairball
Drift Away...never liked the Stones version...pales in comparison to Dobie Gray's hit version.
It is funny because I was thinking that if "Drift Away" was promoted the right way it could be a hit which goes against your view. That is ok. My rational is that lot of people are familiar with the song and they would be surprised that the Stones covered it. Just a thought.
Rockandroll,
Mops

I'm not a fan of the Stones doing covers (especially live)...but Drift Away is probably my favourite cover they've done :-)
I am with you rcfoxy; I have always love that cover. Mick is very convincing and the guitars sound good, very laidback and Stonesian.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:50

TheGreek

Does anyone know the price in $ for this set as it was not in my E-Mail notification ?

[iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:50

TheGreek
Does anyone know the price in $ for this set as it was not in my E-Mail notification ?

Price comparisons can be found here: [superdeluxeedition.com]

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:52

TheGreek
I just was looking into this and the deluxe 4cd box set looks nice with the original album remastered , then the 9 New Old Stock tracks , then the 2 discs with the Wembley show which says it's the Still Life show which I thought was taken from multiple shows which is fine as well . Why not give us the Video of the Wembley show in it's entirety ? I would pay more for that if it was included in the 4cd boxset with the booklet thing . Stuff like that pisses me off that they won't/can't give it to us and heck as horrendous as the Leeds Video monitor screen thing is some here have mentioned it would be the same thing with Wembley . Is this correct ? Release date is 10/22/21 ? Does anyone know the price in $ for this set as it was not in my E-Mail notification ?
All prices from amazon are here
[superdeluxeedition.com]

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:54

i think the solo is a mix out of first ronnie (overdub), then mick taylor (original), so both are sharing the solo,
this idea could come from ronnie :-)

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 20, 2021 13:56

Topi
That they call the Wembley show "Still Life", too, is a bit misleading. Still Life was never a tour name. It was the name of a live album, compiled from shows on the 1981 US Tour.

So you're right, TheGreek: the 1981 release of Still Life did indeed contain tracks from multiple shows. None of which was Wembley 1982.

The 1982 tour was simply called The Rolling Stones European Tour 1982.

I guess there is similar logic as using "Some Girls: Live in Texas '78" or what was that 1978 movie release called.

Anyway, I think in Europe 1982 the tour was pretty much associated with STILL LIFE release. One could even say that they were promoting that album there, even more than TATTOO YOU.

But yeah, it is a bit odd to call a new and totally different release with the same title as previously released... Now we have two Still Lifes...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 14:11 by Doxa.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 14:03

Did Keith do any new overdubs or work on these songs

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1374
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home