Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...183184185186187188189190191192193...LastNext
Current Page: 188 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 29, 2020 22:16

Thanks to BV and DandelionP for giving a Scandi view of the Swedish situation.

The jury is still out for now, but I am sure there will be a few fascinating books published in the years to come on the different approaches to handling the situation and which of them ultimately achieved the best outcomes.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 29, 2020 22:17

BN78

I did want to point out that your 1% stat (US population) is off, would be closer to 3.3M or 3.4M people, but nonetheless, 1 life perishing due to this disease is 1 too many.

Sorry that was a typing error. The right number is of course 0.1%, i.e. one per mille(thousand). I was just typing too fast. Out of the 340 mill population so far 340,000 fatalities from Covid-19. Unfortunately.

Bjornulf

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 29, 2020 22:36

stone4ever
CaptainCorella
stone4ever
According to the government figures in Britain only 6% of covid deaths have been a direct result of covid.

Can you cite the source of that data?

TIA.

[www.dailywire.com]

As i said above the Dailywire along with 90% of MSM have done their best to cover up the facts shown by the CDC, the fact remains that the figures we receive are a scam, the CDC found that out of 235000 covid deaths only 15000 were actually covid deaths. The others were already very very sick dying people or people that suffered some sort of accident.

Thanks for the reply.

As far as I can tell the reference(s) you point to do not, do not make reference to any figures in 'Britain' that you mention in your original post.

To the best of my understanding the CDC is a USA based organisation and does not primarily deal with data from the UK.

So, again, can you put substance on your claim that "According to the government figures in Britain only 6% of covid deaths have been a direct result of covid.

Thanks

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: December 29, 2020 22:50

CaptainCorella
stone4ever
CaptainCorella
stone4ever
According to the government figures in Britain only 6% of covid deaths have been a direct result of covid.

TIA.

[www.dailywire.com]

As i said above the Dailywire along with 90% of MSM have done their best to cover up the facts shown by the CDC, the fact remains that the figures we receive are a scam, the CDC found that out of 235000 covid deaths only 15000 were actually covid deaths. The others were already very very sick dying people or people that suffered some sort of accident.

Thanks for the reply.

As far as I can tell the reference(s) you point to do not, do not make reference to any figures in 'Britain' that you mention in your original post.

To the best of my understanding the CDC is a USA based organisation and does not primarily deal with data from the UK.

So, again, can you put substance on your claim that "According to the government figures in Britain only 6% of covid deaths have been a direct result of covid.

Thanks

Yes sorry i got my wires crossed there, USA not Britain, my bad.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: December 30, 2020 00:55

@IrelandCalling4, your post was very well-written but you will never change anyone's mind regarding this. Everyone's opinion is set in stone. I've been exposed to people who tested positive several times and I'm fine (and so are they). Anyway, thanks for a great post.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 30, 2020 01:07

Beast
Thanks to BV and DandelionP for giving a Scandi view of the Swedish situation.

The jury is still out for now, but I am sure there will be a few fascinating books published in the years to come on the different approaches to handling the situation and which of them ultimately achieved the best outcomes.

For sure....I can not wait.....................

Date: December 30, 2020 01:41

stone4ever
CaptainCorella
stone4ever
CaptainCorella
stone4ever

TIA.

[www.dailywire.com]

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks

I had to call you out twice on that before you conceded a mistake. "Wires crossed" or disinformation? I wonder which?

Being caught out like that obviously has an impact on the credibility of everything you post.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 30, 2020 02:15

US or UK, the disinformation is intentional no doubt.
Some fact checking-

"For example, Axios offered its own “reality check” on the statistic: “While the cause of death listed as solely from the coronavirus occurred in 6% of cases in the U.S. from Feb. 1 to Aug. 22, this doesn’t mean that the virus was not a contributing factor or, indeed, the leading cause in the other 94%,” the outlet said. “The U.S. virus death toll would be much lower if this were the case.”

Axios highlighted that the CDC listed influenza and pneumonia, respiratory failure, hypertensive disease, diabetes, vascular and unspecified dementia, cardiac arrest, heart failure, renal failure, intentional and unintentional injury, poisoning and other adverse events, and other medical conditions as some of the “leading underlying medical conditions related to coronavirus deaths.”

Additionally, Dr. Jason Salemi, an epidemiologist at the University of South Florida, said that there is “nothing misleading in the CDC report itself” but stressed that the 6% statistic is often being taken “out of context.”

Offering clarity over the report, Salemi said what the “CDC’s update really means is that 94% of the people who died from the coronavirus had at least one other health condition, in addition to COVID-19, that could have contributed to their passing,” ABC7 WWSB reported.

“After infection, the virus might lead to something like sepsis which then leads to respiratory failure which then might even lead to a heart attack,” he said. “If the person ends up dying, those three things should be listed as contributing causes of death. It doesn’t mean that just because COVID-19 wasn’t the only cause of death that was listed, that COVID-19 wasn’t what lead to that death.”
[www.dailywire.com]

Date: December 30, 2020 02:30

CaptainCorella
stone4ever
CaptainCorella
stone4ever
CaptainCorella
stone4ever

TIA.

[www.dailywire.com]

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks

I had to call you out twice on that before you conceded a mistake. "Wires crossed" or disinformation? I wonder which?

Being caught out like that obviously has an impact on the credibility of everything you post.

You have to be kidding, I've pointed out so many things and you point out something that was a fact but was based on the USA not Britain, it's the same virus. Go on mate play your games, believe that the WHO and the CDC give you all the facts, don't question Wikki, base reality on your fact checkers, see where that gets you, good luck with that, they couldn't possibly be lying to you, these good people are above all that.

Date: December 30, 2020 02:53

IrelandCalling4
The incomprehensible part, at least in Ireland, is the unquestioned, seemingly infallible nature of how cases are collated. No questions, analysis, or debate, is allowed and altering viewpoints are not aired on RTE/TV3. The case numbers are collated purely as a result of the RT-PCR test. Our Deputy Leader, Leo Varadkar (a doctor), tweeted (in his capacity as a doctor) that restrictions cannot be based upon the PCR tests - retrictive measures should only be based upon ICU admittances and deaths. This has been completely disregarded, is not brought up by the press or the Government, as the latest restrictions come when ICU admittances and deaths are miniscule.

This is the aspect I do not understand, why analysing or questioning is discouraged. One of our leading medics, Dr. Martin Feeley, former Clinical Head of Dublin/Monaghan Hospital Group, was sacked from his position after going on TV (the only guest in 6 months on the flagship investigative new show Prime Time to offer a differing view). Among other points, he asked for those in society losing their jobs, their business's, their livelihoods, and their lives (as secondary deaths in this country are thought to be a multiple of the deaths attributed to covid 19), do they also not deserve the respect of having these figures properly analysed? This is a first in our country, and possibly internationally - figures utilised to shut down society, which will have devastating effects, are not debated or analysed. They are accepted as an absolute with no chance at all that they may be incorrect, whether partially or substantially.

The British Medical Journal of the 21st Dec (this is a highly respected publication not given to sensationalism or unconsidered writing) calls into question, or at least points to analysis required, on the validity of the RT-PCR test. That report is worth reading in full, Part IV in full:

"It’s also unclear to what extent people with no symptoms transmit SARS-CoV-2. The only test for live virus is viral culture. PCR and lateral flow tests do not distinguish live virus. No test of infection or infectiousness is currently available for routine use. As things stand, a person who tests positive with any kind of test may or may not have an active infection with live virus, and may or may not be infectious"

- Again, I am simply stating why, if there is doubt on the validity of this test, is it deemed off-limits and its results accepted without question.

I cannot speak for other countries, as I do not know the level of cases 'diagnosed' from this RT-PCR test, I can only speak for this country. I agree with social distancing, I wear the mask, we take additional care around the members of my family in the most at-risk category. But universal lockdows, in this country anyway, is wrong.

ICU admittances, 155 in March when Ireland was not ready for covid 19. Deaths and admittances plumetted to almost zero in late April, and from May to December have not risen in any proportion. This is why so many doctors on twitter are asking how continual lockdown (following a short period of re-opening) can be justified as those policies are not based upon ICU or deaths, they are based entitrely and wholly upon test results from a test that may or may not be correct. Surely analysing this is a fair question when the result is universal.

NPHET (Public Health advisory board) have risen to policy makers in effect, even subverting the Government by leaking information. They admitted to the Cabinet Committee in September that of the 1,700 listed as covid deaths, all had co-morbities, and crucially, that covid may or may not be a predominant or even influencing factor in death. That of course is a crucial difference. But that difference was not reported nor discussed on mainstream TV or print media.

The Central Stats Office figures prove that Ireland had a virtual zero covid from May-September. Average weekly death rate in Ireland is 650 per week (30,000 per year). Average death rate from people with covid 19 was 1.2 per week. ICU admittances fell dramatically in April, and have fluctuated between 15-45 every month since, with most months being 25-35. It was 155 in March. Total ICU capacity is 297, with an additional 100 ICU beds available if needs be. With 1.2 deaths on average, the CSO figures show that suicide rate in every month May-September was approximately 4 times that of covid 19 related deaths. Yet we had daily apocalyptic news briefings, lockdowns..etc. One of the doctors who spoke out with these facts, was sacked from his position as Head of ShannonDoc facility here in the West.

My neighbour is a Manager at the largest hospital in this region, and has said the hospital has been at full capacity every year except for2020. The 99k cancelled Cervical checks, the tens of thousands of cancelled cancer checks, the tens of thousands of postponed treatments for cancer, lung/heart/liver and respiratory diseases, will lead to secondary deaths far in excess of covid 19.

The CSO figures in black and white display covid 19 as minimal since May, but this has not or will not be discussed or detailed on any mainstream platform. The RT-PCR test, declared by the Lisbon Court of Appeal on 11/11 as illegal to order someone to quarantine if it has a cycle threshold (CT) value of above 30. To my knowledge the only European Court to do so.

Is it not worth asking the question; as Dr. Feeley did here and as NPHET were asked by the Cabinet Committee - why are we not mandating CT results with these positive results, as the higher the CT the more arguable, ambiguous, and potentially incorrect the result is. Our best friends here lost their business last month, and are probably going to lose their home, they submitted an FOI request to the HSE to declare what the CT value is for all tests, and why the CT value is not being made known. IF a large enough percentage of 'cases' positive have a CT of 40-45 those results are possibly meaningless and they are not infectious nor carrying active, replicating virus.

Family members are in the at-risk category, but they feel the suppression of any questioning, or any meaningful analysis of these figures, which are being used wholly to implements lockdown's, is wrong. We take the additional care measures, social distance, wear masks, but what is happening here - universal lockdown, censorship, supression of altering views or thoughts - even they feel is wrong. Questioning surely will add more understanding to the actual figures, and whether they are right, or whether they are wrong, and to what degree.

Great intelligent post, thanks for this and going to the trouble, you've clearly done your research locally as best you can, it's like a breath of fresh air, I too know so many people who have lost their jobs and businesses and are unable to pay their mortgages, some have been unable to receive cancer treatments and checks etc, and this in a vast area with so few Covid related deaths, but people just see what they want to see, they don't acknowledge the censorship or view it with suspicion, they can't see that the world they lived in with all it's freedoms have probably gone forever, they welcome it, they encourage it. Sheep or Lemmings, probably both.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 30, 2020 03:06

bleedingman
@IrelandCalling4, your post was very well-written but you will never change anyone's mind regarding this. Everyone's opinion is set in stone. I've been exposed to people who tested positive several times and I'm fine (and so are they). Anyway, thanks for a great post.

Some people don't die when they try and kill themselves the first time either. If they keep trying they eventually will unless they get help. You need help.

Date: December 30, 2020 03:26

stone4ever
You have to be kidding, I've pointed out so many things and you point out something that was a fact but was based on the USA not Britain, it's the same virus. Go on mate play your games, believe that the WHO and the CDC give you all the facts, don't question Wikki, base reality on your fact checkers, see where that gets you, good luck with that, they couldn't possibly be lying to you, these good people are above all that.

You made a claim. Twice. You sought to make it authoritative by associating it with CDC. You were wrong. I called you out.

And don't introduce the Straw Man of Wiki by inference associating my comments about your unfounded claim with the unreliability of Wikipedia. You may choose to make your points using references to Wikipedia, I do not.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 30, 2020 03:26

A thought experiment:

Okay, so say you have a senior citizen's residence and 80% of the seniors over 80 have underlying medical conditions. Let's say that the doctors know from medical statics that the average person in this category will live another five years.

Then, an outbreak of Covid happens and within two weeks nearly everyone in the over-80 group catches it. Then, one month after the outbreak 70% of the people in the over-80 group die. So, the people in this category live another two months on average instead of five years on average. And this happened because of the outbreak of Covid-19.

So, are you going to try to argue that the virus was not the cause of death because almost everybody that died had underlying medical conditions?

Date: December 30, 2020 04:10

A lot of really sick old people in hospitals were sent into care homes to make room for expected covid patients, was it any wonder why so many elderly very sick people died earlier this year, add to that being confined to their rooms and also being unable to receive visits from love ones.
This was an cruel decision to move these patient's and was the policy of multiple governments across the world.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 30, 2020 04:23

^ confused smiley That is absurd. Old people kicked out of hospitals to care homes/jails? Where did you hear that?

Date: December 30, 2020 06:51

stone4ever
A lot of really sick old people in hospitals were sent into care homes to make room for expected covid patients, was it any wonder why so many elderly very sick people died earlier this year, add to that being confined to their rooms and also being unable to receive visits from love ones.
This was an cruel decision to move these patient's and was the policy of multiple governments across the world.

Please cite actual verifiable source(s).

In fact, in Australia (Victoria to be precise) the exact opposite happened.

We had a "second wave" and it was bad in the 'aged care sector' - specifically the Federally managed privately and religiously run parts, not the State run parts - and many aged persons were removed FROM the Aged Care Homes TO hospital where care of the healthy and the infected could be better managed.

Australia.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 30, 2020 08:59

daspyknows
^ confused smiley That is absurd. Old people kicked out of hospitals to care homes/jails? Where did you hear that?

This is happening. I suspect it is because the National Health Service fears it’ll become overwhelmed once more.

[www.google.co.uk]

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 30, 2020 10:12

First U.S. case of Covid variant reported in Colorado!

[www.local10.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-30 12:19 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 30, 2020 10:28

Big Al
daspyknows

This is happening. I suspect it is because the National Health Service fears it’ll become overwhelmed once more.

[www.google.co.uk]

Did you actually read the article?

No-one's getting "kicked out" of anywhere. It's a report about patients who are recovering/have recovered from COVID needing somewhere very (my emphasis) appropriate to be sent to for what used to be called convalescence.

Readers of the article should be pleased at the advanced planning and not alarmed at the prospect.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: December 30, 2020 10:38

CaptainCorella
Big Al
daspyknows

[www.google.co.uk]

Did you actually read the article?

No-one's getting "kicked out" of anywhere. It's a report about patients who are recovering/have recovered from COVID needing somewhere very (my emphasis) appropriate to be sent to for what used to be called convalescence.

Readers of the article should be pleased at the advanced planning and not alarmed at the prospect.

Yes, I skim-read the article. 'Kicked-out' is just a figure of speech. I'm not alarmed by the prospect, either

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: December 30, 2020 10:40

Fantastic news re Oxford vaccine - [www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: December 30, 2020 10:53

yorkshirestone

Yes, great news. My next hospital appointment is mid-March, so, I suspect I'll be fortunate-enough to get it then.

Date: December 30, 2020 11:00

yorkshirestone

Not wanting to rain too much on the parade...

The big criticisms of the two prior vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) are that they need to be stored at "problematic" low temperatures and that 2 doses are needed.

Whilst this vaccine emphatically is more practical - storage in a bog standard fridge - it still needs two doses.

Second dose about 3 months after the first, and that in practice will be quite hard to happen in the real world.

Mind you there's a third advantage.... it's (genuinely) being manufactured in Melbourne. Rumours that it's being made in Rockman's attic have been denied at the highest levels of Government.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: December 30, 2020 11:10

CaptainCorella
yorkshirestone

Not wanting to rain too much on the parade...

The big criticisms of the two prior vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) are that they need to be stored at "problematic" low temperatures and that 2 doses are needed.

Whilst this vaccine emphatically is more practical - storage in a bog standard fridge - it still needs two doses.

Second dose about 3 months after the first, and that in practice will be quite hard to happen in the real world.

Mind you there's a third advantage.... it's (genuinely) being manufactured in Melbourne. Rumours that it's being made in Rockman's attic have been denied at the highest levels of Government.

It’s also very inexpensive. Zeneca’s ‘no profit’ pledge = about 3 gbp rather than 20gbp (not sure if that’s per jab or per two jabs, but good news nonetheless)

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 30, 2020 12:45

This truly a sad story. And this is why I take this pandemic very, very seriously.

[www.foxnews.com]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 30, 2020 13:09

45 year old ER nurse has tested positive after taking the vaccine on 12/18....no one is safe even with a vaccine..take precautions...wash your hands repeatedly, social distance and for heavens sake wear a @#$%& mask.
[nypost.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 30, 2020 13:56

In Germany 1129 more people died from COVID-19. That's the highest number of deaths per day so far and the first time more than 1000 COVID-19 deaths on a single day in Germany

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 30, 2020 14:01

Chris Fountain
This truly a sad story. And this is why I take this pandemic very, very seriously.

[www.foxnews.com]

Healthy Illinois woman, 18, dies days after contracting coronavirus, family says

Indeed terrible story.

Also terrible to hear this, which is a reminder about the fact that the corona virus is not only a danger to elderly people:

A congressman-elect from Louisiana died from Covid-19 complications (New York times Dec 29)

Luke Letlow, a Republican who was elected to the House of Representatives this month to represent Louisiana’s Fifth Congressional District, died Tuesday evening of complications from Covid-19, a spokesman said. He was 41.

Mr. Letlow said on Dec. 18 that he was isolating at home after testing positive for the coronavirus. He was hospitalized a day later in Monroe, La., before being transferred to the hospital in Shreveport on Dec. 22. Mr. Bautsch said on Dec. 23. that Mr. Letlow had been receiving the antiviral drug remdesivir and steroids to treat his infection.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 30, 2020 14:25

CaptainCorella
stone4ever

The unfortunate truth is that stone4ever is correct about what happened earlier on in the UK. Back in March/April, older hospital patients were discharged into care homes without first being tested for Covid, which is why the virus spread and killed so many people living and working in those settings, especially as PPE at the time was either not provided at all or was inadequate.

[www.theguardian.com]

[www.theguardian.com]

[www.theguardian.com]

[www.independent.co.uk]

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-30 14:33 by Beast.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 30, 2020 15:36

Beast
CaptainCorella
stone4ever

The unfortunate truth is that stone4ever is correct about what happened earlier on in the UK. Back in March/April, older hospital patients were discharged into care homes without first being tested for Covid, which is why the virus spread and killed so many people living and working in those settings, especially as PPE at the time was either not provided at all or was inadequate.

[www.theguardian.com]

[www.theguardian.com]

[www.theguardian.com]

[www.independent.co.uk]

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

I had an elderly cousin, in hospital following a stroke, who was discharged untested to his home, where he was visited by carers and his family. After his death shortly afterwards, he did get tested and was positive. I don't know how big a part Covid played in his death, but there was certainly the opportunity for him to infect others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-30 15:38 by Green Lady.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...183184185186187188189190191192193...LastNext
Current Page: 188 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2282
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home