Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 23 of 24
Re: OT: Black Crowes stuff
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 16, 2024 19:20

gotdablouse
Enough with the OT guys, especially with this kind of content...

spikenyc
They are playing a special Amazon show at the Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn tonight.
Looking for 1 ticket if anyone can help?
thx

Did you make it ? I missed the broadcast, hopefully there will be a replay.

Yes I got a free ticket last minute.
It was good, not great.
Nice to see them in a small room and it was not oversold.
I liked the new material and they played it well.
They did Bowie's Moonage Day Dream which was pretty cool.

They did a Q&A between sets which was funny at times but mostly awkward, especially for Rich.
Chris was asked about his Gucci Jacket.
Yes, they are posers!

Glad I got to see them and not have to pay ridculous prices to see them this summer at Radio City.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 16, 2024 23:51

I am a big fan of the new album!!!! Def better than……

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 17, 2024 11:48

spikenyc
gotdablouse

spikenyc
They are playing a special Amazon show at the Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn tonight.
thx

It was good, not great.

They did a Q&A between sets which was funny at times but mostly awkward, especially for Rich.
Yes, they are posers!

Glad I got to see them and not have to pay ridculous prices to see them this summer at Radio City.

Glad you made it !

I'm due to see them in Paris in May, looking forward to that. Yeah Rich always looks like in a "rabbit in headlights" when talking in public, no wonder he needs Chris and turns a blind eye to his antics ;-)

There's a nice BC podcast I've been listening to recently by guys from the South called "State of Amorica" and the latest episode is a track by track review of the album : [soundcloud.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: March 17, 2024 17:23

gotdablouse
spikenyc
gotdablouse

spikenyc
thx

It was good, not great.

Yes, they are posers!

Glad you made it !

I'm due to see them in Paris in May, looking forward to that. Yeah Rich always looks like in a "rabbit in headlights" when talking in public, no wonder he needs Chris and turns a blind eye to his antics ;-)

There's a nice BC podcast I've been listening to recently by guys from the South called "State of Amorica" and the latest episode is a track by track review of the album : [soundcloud.com]

I’ve guested on that podcast, a few times

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Date: March 17, 2024 18:51

gotdablouse
spikenyc
gotdablouse

spikenyc
thx

It was good, not great.

Yes, they are posers!

Glad you made it !

Thanks.
I will check out the podcast.
Hope to catch them again this summer in the states.

Date: March 18, 2024 13:41

I've had a few spins now. It's a solid album – good, not great, imo.

The playing is fine, but these songs are not among their strongest. Not sure yet about the mix/production (only heard the cd once, an improvement to Spotify which sounds a little blury).

It's nice to get a good album from them again, though thumbs up

Favourites so far:

Bedside Manners
Dirty Cold Sun
Kindred Friend

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-18 14:00 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 18, 2024 15:45

Agree with DP on this one. It may not be one of their greatest, but a very good album for sure. In any case, the big news, to me, is that it IS a BC album despite not having Gorman on board.

Brothers might be right when they claim THEY are the BC. Besides, I truly love Griffin's drummin, somehow lighter than Gorman, but fits. The change 3 minutes into Bedside manners, well that is a 100% vintage Crowes change!

C

OT: Black Crowes stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 19, 2024 12:12

"The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", March 19

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 19, 2024 15:44

Nico looks the part, but the chops are pedestrian. Sports bar stuff. I give him 18 months.

Date: March 19, 2024 21:38

I think it's a solid album that I keep coming back to!!!! As opposed to.........y'all know! LOL

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 21, 2024 14:57

MelBelli
Nico looks the part, but the chops are pedestrian. Sports bar stuff. I give him 18 months.

18 months to do...what?

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: March 21, 2024 16:17

It took 34 years from Shake Your Moneymaker to Happiness Bastards. One year more than from England’s Newest Hit Makers to Bridges To Babylon.

Date: March 21, 2024 17:35

treaclefingers
MelBelli

18 months to do...what?

To get fired or replaced.

Date: March 22, 2024 00:17

padre69
It took 34 years from Shake Your Moneymaker to Happiness Bastards. One year more than from England’s Newest Hit Makers to Bridges To Babylon.

Man, guess we shouldn't complain about the boys lack of output! LOL

OT: Black Crowes stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 29, 2024 00:37

"The Howard Stern Show", March 27

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 29, 2024 22:30

Amazing sound and great preformance!
Special congrats to Nico for being part of this wonderful band!
smileys with beer

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 31, 2024 08:29

They sound good.

I know they're a bit younger than The Cult but, the loss of various original and excellent additional band members aside, the essence of is still going. That's a detail of context that has been whined about as well as admired: The Black Crowes are Chris and Rich Robinson, just as The Cult are Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy.

If I was as much as a crank as some people are about TBC I would've stopped listening to The Cult when LOVE came out in 1985 because they weren't the same band as the 1984 DREAMTIME band was, and I didn't get into The Cult until 1988 (bizarrely I missed out on the ELECTRIC time).

Date: April 1, 2024 16:33

GasLightStreet
They sound good.

I know they're a bit younger than The Cult but, the loss of various original and excellent additional band members aside, the essence of is still going. That's a detail of context that has been whined about as well as admired: The Black Crowes are Chris and Rich Robinson, just as The Cult are Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy.

If I was as much as a crank as some people are about TBC I would've stopped listening to The Cult when LOVE came out in 1985 because they weren't the same band as the 1984 DREAMTIME band was, and I didn't get into The Cult until 1988 (bizarrely I missed out on the ELECTRIC time).

Well, in that vein, the DreamTime band wasn't even the same band as Death Cult, since it wasn't all the original members, and really Southern Death Cult doesn't really count, as that was only Asbury......

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 2, 2024 07:10

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
They sound good.

Well, in that vein, the DreamTime band wasn't even the same band as Death Cult, since it wasn't all the original members, and really Southern Death Cult doesn't really count, as that was only Asbury......

Oh really.

Nigel Preston drummed on God's Zoo and The Cult's DREAMTIME.

OK so Nigel was the Death Cult's second drummer but The Cult's original drummer.

No one mentioned Southern Death Cult, you did - with zero relevance regardless.

You want to talk about the original Rolling Stones then? Because it's extremely similar.

You might want to consider other avenues for arguing such petty details - or just accept that other bands/artists have had similar changes (yet alone be grateful they're still going). Even The Cult joked about being like Spinal Tap.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 2, 2024 15:10

Tour starts tonight in Nashville!

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: April 2, 2024 15:31

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 2, 2024 15:38

smoking smiley

Date: April 4, 2024 20:41

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
They sound good.

Oh really.

Nigel Preston drummed on God's Zoo and The Cult's DREAMTIME.

OK so Nigel was the Death Cult's second drummer but The Cult's original drummer.

No one mentioned Southern Death Cult, you did - with zero relevance regardless.

You want to talk about the original Rolling Stones then? Because it's extremely similar.

You might want to consider other avenues for arguing such petty details - or just accept that other bands/artists have had similar changes (yet alone be grateful they're still going). Even The Cult joked about being like Spinal Tap.

Death Cult was the first real incarnation of The Cult, and I was merely pointing out that, for all intents and purposes, the Dreamtime lineup wasn't the same as the original lineup is all. And I merely mentioned SDC for those on here who may not be familiar with either incarnation, but fancy Ian's voice (like myself), and who might want to explore some other options. That's all.

No pettiness here. Geeeez

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 13, 2024 10:55

Black Crowes & Ronnie Wood

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 13, 2024 14:02

surprised RW showed up...good for him....he sounded amazing.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 13, 2024 14:56

Compilation a bit from backstage at the Greek

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-13 15:26 by Christiaan.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 13, 2024 15:21

Thanks to Nico Bereciartua
I put a youtube of the same video online

video: [youtu.be]

Date: April 13, 2024 15:28

Apparently Chuck joined on a couple of tunes as well (She Talks to Angels, Hard to Handle).

Date: April 13, 2024 15:41

“Angels” with Chuck:

[youtu.be]

Date: April 13, 2024 18:50

Lien
Black Crowes & Ronnie Wood

OMG! Luv this!
Chris and Rich were beaming!
Thanks for posting.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 23 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home