Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324
Current Page: 24 of 24
Re: OT: Black Crowes stuff
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 13, 2024 19:27

Awesome.

And that's a lot of amps on stage. Looks like Tetris.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: April 13, 2024 19:29

Cool - Ronnie's putting his "Stay With Me" Zemaitis to good use and definitely looks ready for the tour.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 13, 2024 20:21

great, thx!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 14, 2024 00:22

Ronnie Wood with Chris Robinson, doing the Faces song "Stay with Me".
The Black Crowes live at the Greek Theatre, Griffith Park, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
Friday April 12, 2024.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 14, 2024 00:32

smileys with beer

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 14, 2024 00:35

Another angle - loud guitars!

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: April 14, 2024 05:02

Right-on, Silvana and I will be at the show here in Oakland tonight, at the Fox. I don't expect Tom Waits coming up for a scream.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 14, 2024 05:52

Thanks for posting! Great to see and hear Ronnie playing the Faces.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: April 14, 2024 10:07

I've given the new album a good spin now. A solid effort. I look forward to seeing them live in a few months.

Date: April 14, 2024 10:43

Ronnie is Ready.

100% awesome.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 15, 2024 02:24

Absolutely digging the new album - I keep coming back to it over and over!!

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 15, 2024 04:39

… and here is Hard to Handle with Chuck: [youtu.be]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 15, 2024 08:06

treaclefingers
MelBelli
Nico looks the part, but the chops are pedestrian. Sports bar stuff. I give him 18 months.

18 months to do...what?

Be a year and a half older.

COME ON!

DO THE MATH!

Date: April 15, 2024 08:09

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
They sound good.

I know they're a bit younger than The Cult but, the loss of various original and excellent additional band members aside, the essence of is still going. That's a detail of context that has been whined about as well as admired: The Black Crowes are Chris and Rich Robinson, just as The Cult are Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy.

If I was as much as a crank as some people are about TBC I would've stopped listening to The Cult when LOVE came out in 1985 because they weren't the same band as the 1984 DREAMTIME band was, and I didn't get into The Cult until 1988 (bizarrely I missed out on the ELECTRIC time).

Well, in that vein, the DreamTime band wasn't even the same band as Death Cult, since it wasn't all the original members, and really Southern Death Cult doesn't really count, as that was only Asbury......

Oh really.

Nigel Preston drummed on God's Zoo and The Cult's DREAMTIME.

OK so Nigel was the Death Cult's second drummer but The Cult's original drummer.

No one mentioned Southern Death Cult, you did - with zero relevance regardless.

You want to talk about the original Rolling Stones then? Because it's extremely similar.

You might want to consider other avenues for arguing such petty details - or just accept that other bands/artists have had similar changes (yet alone be grateful they're still going). Even The Cult joked about being like Spinal Tap.

Death Cult was the first real incarnation of The Cult, and I was merely pointing out that, for all intents and purposes, the Dreamtime lineup wasn't the same as the original lineup is all. And I merely mentioned SDC for those on here who may not be familiar with either incarnation, but fancy Ian's voice (like myself), and who might want to explore some other options. That's all.

No pettiness here. Geeeez

Well, sorry.

But.

Nigel was with Death Cult and then The Cult. It's splitting hairs about Ray Mondo.

Date: April 15, 2024 08:17

Lien
Black Crowes & Ronnie Wood

HOLY CRAP!!!

Imagine being The Black Crowes and doing that!!!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 15, 2024 08:21

Aside from Ronnie Woods command performance on Stay With Me, the band and their new album lands with a thud. It's a shame, was hoping for much better.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 15, 2024 18:45

MKjan
Aside from Ronnie Woods command performance on Stay With Me, the band and their new album lands with a thud. It's a shame, was hoping for much better.

To each their own!! I love it. Listen to it at least once a day. Sounds fresh, authentic and 100000% BC. Wish I could say the same for HD.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 16, 2024 02:49

Heres a pro-shot clip of Ronnie with the Crowes.
Good sound here

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 23, 2024 11:07

Black Crowes - Cancel Everything 23/10/2005
Ronnie Wood cover

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: April 23, 2024 12:15

Lien
Black Crowes - Cancel Everything 23/10/2005
Ronnie Wood cover

Great stuff, never knew the Crowes covered that gem. Love so much of Ronnie's solo material, particularly the first two albums.

The Crowes have covered quite a lot of Stones tracks. I remember seeing them in the late 90s in Dublin, last gig of whatever tour that was, and for the encore they played a rip-roaring version of 'Happy'.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 23, 2024 14:35

The Black Crowes have turned into a frigging lame session musicians band, with Chris acting a weird feminine version of himself. And why on earth do you put the drummer 20 feet high on a riser -it really means you don't give a fvck about the music anymore.

Mathijs

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 23, 2024 16:35

Mathijs
The Black Crowes have turned into a frigging lame session musicians band, with Chris acting a weird feminine version of himself. And why on earth do you put the drummer 20 feet high on a riser -it really means you don't give a fvck about the music anymore.

Mathijs

Completely agree.
The ridiculous drum riser allows for a bigger mirror so that Chris can fan-boy on himself during the gig.

Sad.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324
Current Page: 24 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2114
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home