Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 20 of 24
Re: OT: Black Crowes 2020 reunion
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 18, 2023 18:31

MelBelli
Man. I wish I could travel back in time and show Chris and Rich, at the peak of their anti-establishment arrogance, their future aging selves performing a song by Hootie and the Blowfish on Country Music Television.

Maybe it would’ve humbled them.

I am afraid that the same would be true also for me, when I was at the peak of my anti-establishment arrogance ...

C

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 18, 2023 18:55

MelBelli
Man. I wish I could travel back in time and show Chris and Rich, at the peak of their anti-establishment arrogance, their future aging selves performing a song by Hootie and the Blowfish on Country Music Television.

Wonder what the late 60s/early 70s Stones would think if they saw themselves touring in 2022?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 18, 2023 20:03

MelBelli

Those vocals from the Hootie singer have always been grating to my ears...similar to the grunting and growling of Springsteen.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 11, 2024 00:32

They're coming back and they sound Grrrr...eat (you'll see what I mean when you see the "cover art")

" The Black Crowes are leaving the ******** in the past. 15 years after their last album of original music, the Robinson Brothers present'Happiness Bastards'- their 10th studio album. Some may say the project has been several tumultuous years in the making, but we argue it's arriving at just the right time. Call it brotherly love or music destiny that brought them back together, the highly anticipated record consecrating the reunion of this legendary band just may be the thing that saves rock & roll. In a time where the art form is buried beneath the corporate sheen of its successors, The Black Crowes are biting back with the angst of words left unsaid penned on paper and electrified by guitar strings, revealing stripped, bare-boned rock & roll. No gloss, no glitter, just rhythm and blues at it's very best - gritty, loud, and in your face.

Since The Black Crowes reunited in 2019, they've made a triumphant return to form with over 150 shows spanning 20 countries worldwide, celebrating the 30th anniversary of'Shake Your Money Maker', the album that put them on the map. Upon their return from the road, they knew they needed something new to show for their lost time. The Robinson Brothers and longtime bassist Sven Pipien headed to the studio with producer Jay Joyce in early 2023 and the experiences of years past transcribed themself through the music as the band found their way back to their roots. And it's finally here -'Happiness Bastards' is out March 15, 2024.

Tracklisting

Side 1
1. Bedside Manners
2. Rats and Clowns
3. Cross Your Fingers
4. Wanting and Waiting
5. Wilted Rose f/ Lainey Wilson

Side 2
1. Dirty Cold Sun
2. Bleed It Dry
3. Flesh Wound
4. Follow the Moon
5. Kindred Friend "

Brief excerpt of the single here : [drive.google.com]

Great groove !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 11, 2024 03:03

Hard to hear the snippet there, but Friday's only 2 days away! THis is exciting! Wish Luther was onboard as well, but We shall see. Hoping it's better'n 1972!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 11, 2024 13:34

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
Where are they going? It's just the 2 of them at this point. They've given us some divine music over the years, but that last lil covers ep was rather forgettable. The VINYL of Before The Frost...Until The Freeze is quite possibly one of THE best albums ever recorded. I just listened again the other day. Absolutely exquisite. Appaloosa is one of my all-time favorite songs by anyone. If they could give us another one of those albums, I'd be happy as all get out, but it was a once in a career kind of album I think.

Although SOUTHERN is excellent, FROST etc is their best ever. It's too bad they couldn't keep that together.
I agree with you."Before the frost" is an amazing record. I believe it was recorded live at Levon Helm's barn. There is a video of the show on youTube.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: January 11, 2024 14:53

rollmops
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
Where are they going? It's just the 2 of them at this point. They've given us some divine music over the years, but that last lil covers ep was rather forgettable. The VINYL of Before The Frost...Until The Freeze is quite possibly one of THE best albums ever recorded. I just listened again the other day. Absolutely exquisite. Appaloosa is one of my all-time favorite songs by anyone. If they could give us another one of those albums, I'd be happy as all get out, but it was a once in a career kind of album I think.

Although SOUTHERN is excellent, FROST etc is their best ever. It's too bad they couldn't keep that together.
I agree with you."Before the frost" is an amazing record. I believe it was recorded live at Levon Helm's barn. There is a video of the show on youTube.
Rockandroll,
Mops

It's gotta be the vinyl though. The way the album flows on the LPs is completely different than the CD, even if one downloaded the 2nd Disc. It's so laid back and sublime. Just goes to show what proper track listing can do for an album when one does it with a LP in mind!!!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 11, 2024 15:20

rollmops
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

Rockandroll,
Mops

Yes an underated classic. My first impression was 'Chris took some vocal lessons', but besides that great all around double album (need to get the 2nd downloadable half if you have the CD).

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 11, 2024 15:25

NashvilleBlues
MelBelli

Wonder what the late 60s/early 70s Stones would think if they saw themselves touring in 2022?

I think they'd be quite impressed with themselves!

Date: January 11, 2024 17:15

gotdablouse
They're coming back and they sound Grrrr...eat (you'll see what I mean when you see the "cover art")

" The Black Crowes are leaving the ******** in the past. 15 years after their last album of original music, the Robinson Brothers present'Happiness Bastards'- their 10th studio album. Some may say the project has been several tumultuous years in the making, but we argue it's arriving at just the right time. Call it brotherly love or music destiny that brought them back together, the highly anticipated record consecrating the reunion of this legendary band just may be the thing that saves rock & roll. In a time where the art form is buried beneath the corporate sheen of its successors, The Black Crowes are biting back with the angst of words left unsaid penned on paper and electrified by guitar strings, revealing stripped, bare-boned rock & roll. No gloss, no glitter, just rhythm and blues at it's very best - gritty, loud, and in your face.

Since The Black Crowes reunited in 2019, they've made a triumphant return to form with over 150 shows spanning 20 countries worldwide, celebrating the 30th anniversary of'Shake Your Money Maker', the album that put them on the map. Upon their return from the road, they knew they needed something new to show for their lost time. The Robinson Brothers and longtime bassist Sven Pipien headed to the studio with producer Jay Joyce in early 2023 and the experiences of years past transcribed themself through the music as the band found their way back to their roots. And it's finally here -'Happiness Bastards' is out March 15, 2024.

Tracklisting

Side 1
1. Bedside Manners
2. Rats and Clowns
3. Cross Your Fingers
4. Wanting and Waiting
5. Wilted Rose f/ Lainey Wilson

Side 2
1. Dirty Cold Sun
2. Bleed It Dry
3. Flesh Wound
4. Follow the Moon
5. Kindred Friend "

Brief excerpt of the single here : [drive.google.com]

Great groove !

Sounds good! The verse is suspiciously similar to Jealous Again, though smiling smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 11, 2024 17:35

That is excellent news.
Curious if a Jay Joyce production will work;
with his other artists it does more often than not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-11 17:36 by BowieStone.

Date: January 11, 2024 18:26

Their run at the Fillmore back in 2010 was superb!!! Ending with the Stones encore on the final night!!!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 11, 2024 20:48

New single annouchment
[youtu.be]

Date: January 11, 2024 21:17

Sounds pretty freakin good!!!

Date: January 11, 2024 22:16

Richie's still got it ! Writing guitar led songslike it's still 1992...er 1972 ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 12, 2024 10:47

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 12, 2024 10:55

MelBelli
NashvilleBlues
MelBelli

I think they'd be quite impressed with themselves!

...especially with their bank balances winking smiley

Date: January 12, 2024 15:04

Lien

Love it! Sounds great!!! Hearkens back to classic Crowes!!!

Date: January 12, 2024 18:22

New interview. Mentions HD and Keith...

[www.msn.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-12 18:23 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: laf848 ()
Date: January 12, 2024 21:27

Awesome, Sounds Excellent !

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: January 12, 2024 22:26

The artwork looks like Gotta Get a Grip.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: January 13, 2024 03:43

solid tune. Simple riff made very sweet by how Rixh plays it. Overall sound is good. Classic Crowes blues rock tune, almost sounds like I heard it before. Its a weak single though. The pre-chorus should have been the chorus with the faster beat and the Chorus line isn't that catchy. I'm kind of over that type back up singing.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 13, 2024 06:05

VoodooLounge13
Lien

Love it! Sounds great!!! Hearkens back to classic Crowes!!!

I agree. Fantastic track.

The first line of singing though, it sounds exactly like the first two lines of Jealous Again, melodically, no?

As I’ve posted on SHF, if the rest of the album is like this, tight songs with no extended meandering and jamming, I’ll be all over this!!

Rod

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 13, 2024 06:07

Markdog
solid tune. Simple riff made very sweet by how Rixh plays it. Overall sound is good. Classic Crowes blues rock tune, almost sounds like I heard it before. Its a weak single though. The pre-chorus should have been the chorus with the faster beat and the Chorus line isn't that catchy. I'm kind of over that type back up singing.

You HAVE heard it before I reckon. Jealous Again is the same vocal melody I reckon!

Rod

Date: January 13, 2024 16:17

I was reading an interview with Rich Robinson the other day and I never realized that he plays a lot of his songs in Open G. No wonder why I love the Crowes so much!!!

Date: January 13, 2024 17:03

VoodooLounge13
I was reading an interview with Rich Robinson the other day and I never realized that he plays a lot of his songs in Open G. No wonder why I love the Crowes so much!!!

He does indeed smiling smiley

Date: January 14, 2024 22:47

A recent interview? Got a link?

Here's the interview just gave to RS with some discussion of the new tracks [www.rollingstone.com]

--------------

Date: January 14, 2024 23:25

NashvilleBlues

[www.msn.com]

This link didn’t work?

Date: January 14, 2024 23:42

gotdablouse
A recent interview? Got a link?

Here's the interview just gave to RS with some discussion of the new tracks [www.rollingstone.com]

Can't seem to find it again at the moment, but no I don't believe it was recent.

Date: January 14, 2024 23:43

NashvilleBlues
NashvilleBlues

[www.msn.com]

This link didn’t work?

It worked. Thanks for posting thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 20 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1766
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home