Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 21 of 24
Re: OT: Black Crowes 2020 reunion
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 15, 2024 20:57

Well that's the RS interview, can't see a reference to HD ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: January 15, 2024 21:26

"From the Led Zeppelin III ambition of "Cross Your Fingers" to the funked-out "Dirty Cold Sun" to the wistful album closer "Kindred Friend," it all would fit even better on Seventies AOR radio than, say, the Rolling Stones' Hackney Diamonds."

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 15, 2024 22:28

DandelionPowderman
"From the Led Zeppelin III ambition of "Cross Your Fingers" to the funked-out "Dirty Cold Sun" to the wistful album closer "Kindred Friend," it all would fit even better on Seventies AOR radio than, say, the Rolling Stones' Hackney Diamonds."

I’m not so sure that’s a feature rather than a bug.

Re: OT: Black Crowes stuff
Date: January 16, 2024 15:20

Ah ok, I thought it was something Richie had said about HD, that's just the journo drawing some kind of meaningless parallel, the Stones haven't sounded anything like the "Seventies" since, well, the Seventies. The Crowes on the other hand have always sounded like it's 71/72 in the South as seen by the Stones, nothing wrong with that mind you ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 22, 2024 18:44

JUST ANNOUNCED:
THE BLACK CROWES -
HAPPINESS BASTARDS TOUR

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 22, 2024 21:25

I'm a bit surprised they're coming back to Vancouver. Just saw them summer of 22 in Abbotsford just outside of Vancouver. Was a slow seller so I bought $25 tickets for the Ticketmaster concert week. They're playing the Queen Elizabeth Theatre this time which holds just under 3000.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 23, 2024 17:20

Does anyone know a presale code for the Nehterlands or any country in Europe? Thanks in advance

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 23, 2024 17:59

I found it, but guessed it too grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

BASTARDS

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 24, 2024 05:57

DGA35
I'm a bit surprised they're coming back to Vancouver. Just saw them summer of 22 in Abbotsford just outside of Vancouver. Was a slow seller so I bought $25 tickets for the Ticketmaster concert week. They're playing the Queen Elizabeth Theatre this time which holds just under 3000.

You won't get in for less than $100 at the QET.

Even though I shouldn't let it obscure the music, after reading former drummer Steve Gorman's book, I don't have much respect for either Robinson.

Will maybe consider going closer to show date. Saw them at the Orpheum in 2008, and was happy with it.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 25, 2024 02:50

mosthigh
DGA35

You won't get in for less than $100 at the QET.

Even though I shouldn't let it obscure the music, after reading former drummer Steve Gorman's book, I don't have much respect for either Robinson.

Will maybe consider going closer to show date. Saw them at the Orpheum in 2008, and was happy with it.

Amex presales, cheapest tickets are $79 ($59 plus fees).

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 25, 2024 04:02

bitusa2012
VoodooLounge13
Lien

Love it! Sounds great!!! Hearkens back to classic Crowes!!!

I agree. Fantastic track.

The first line of singing though, it sounds exactly like the first two lines of Jealous Again, melodically, no?

As I’ve posted on SHF, if the rest of the album is like this, tight songs with no extended meandering and jamming, I’ll be all over this!!

Absolutely.

However.

It sounds like where they left off after SOUTHERN.

I know it's not the same people playing and it's completely different from even BEFORE THE FROST...

But as how Plundered My Soul sounds a lot like Tumbling Dice...

It's bound to happen. Yeah I know, at least those two were within the same couple of years.

Date: February 10, 2024 10:14

Yeah where Southern left off and to some extent where Exile left off, what's not to love ? I'm glad the Stones moved on long ago but it's great to have some guys keeping the flame alive and the other new track they just played "Bedside Manners" is in the same vein :

--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-10 15:27 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 10, 2024 18:49

They sound great here!
Luv the new stuff!
thx for posting.

Date: February 15, 2024 20:04

Full KLOS 30'+ show, Pro-Shot with two new songs, "Bedside Manners" and "Wanting and Waiting" and the evergreen "Remedy", firing on all cylinders, can't wait to see them live in May !

--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-15 22:09 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: BlueLands ()
Date: February 16, 2024 02:47

Huuuuge Crowes fan here. Next to the Stones, I've seen the Crowes many many times... (Wembley 1995 !!) Dreams do come true.

tbh, I'm not a fan of their new music. I can write better and play more complicated chord progressions.

I was really hoping for a proper sequel to Southern Harmony (their best record), but this new stuff sounds like "Go Faster" and "Horsehead" off By Your Side.

Chris tends to over-sing the lyrics now, and well, it seems all too shtick/shmaltzy. They were fantastic around 1994 - 1999. Yeah~

Date: February 16, 2024 08:24

NashvilleBlues
NashvilleBlues
New interview. Mentions HD and Keith...

[www.msn.com]

This link didn’t work?

This is MSN for ya:

Happiness B*******

They're such prudes they censor BASTARDS.

What a load! WTH. In 2024!!!???

Weak.

Date: February 16, 2024 08:45

gotdablouse
Full KLOS 30'+ show, Pro-Shot with two new songs, "Bedside Manners" and "Wanting and Waiting" and the evergreen "Remedy", firing on all cylinders, can't wait to see them live in May !

They sound fantastic!

Date: February 16, 2024 13:43

New Single :

--------------

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 16, 2024 15:09

I'll stick with their first two albums I think.

I haven't been too enamoured of anything they've done since...either collectively or individually.

[I bought that first Magpie Salute album for example...and played it twice ]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 16, 2024 15:28

Spud

I haven't been too enamoured of anything they've done since...either collectively or individually.

Ever try Lions? That’s one of my favorites.

Date: February 16, 2024 19:42

Spud

You better check out Before The Frost.

Date: February 16, 2024 20:11

DandelionPowderman
Spud

Yes!

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: February 20, 2024 20:23

Love the Black Crowes. Hoping to catch them in London in May!

Date: February 20, 2024 21:35

tomcat2006
Love the Black Crowes. Hoping to catch them in London in May!

Seeing them at The Opry on April 2 (tour opener!) and whenever they open for Aerosmith after they announce the Nashville make-up date. Looking forward to hearing some of the new songs live.

Date: February 22, 2024 10:47

NashvilleBlues
DandelionPowderman
Spud

Yes!

I'll give that a go then.

[But I must confess, all those years ago, to being initially attracted to this band chiefly on the basis of their early enthusiastic, exuberant and unashamed homage to the Stones, The Faces and a bit of Zep.

Most "Rock Music" in the wider market had become far too refined and polished ... with the Crowes delivering a very welcome antidote. ]

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 22, 2024 13:35

Spud
NashvilleBlues
DandelionPowderman
Spud

Yes!

I'll give that a go then.

[But I must confess, all those years ago, to being initially attracted to this band chiefly on the basis of their early enthusiastic, exuberant and unashamed homage to the Stones, The Faces and a bit of Zep.

Most "Rock Music" in the wider market had become far too refined and polished ... with the Crowes delivering a very welcome antidote. ]

Frost is a must, but also Amorica and Snakes are extremely good albums. And Lions too. The only albums I find to be sub par are By your side and Warpaint. They both have good songs, but drag as a whole.

True what you say about them being strongly influenced by Stones, Faces etc, but I think that in retrospect, they are way way more original than derivative.

C

Date: February 22, 2024 15:09

liddas

...True what you say about them being strongly influenced by Stones, Faces etc, but I think that in retrospect, they are way way more original than derivative.

C

Not arguing with that at all...but I think it was perhaps the more derivative side of them I liked best grinning smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 22, 2024 18:44

I'd just add that you should listen to Frost in the LP track list order, not the 2CD order - COMPLETELY different vibe for the whole thing, though both contain all the same songs in a very different order. The LP version is sublime, and is for me, one of the best albums ever recorded by anyone.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 23, 2024 19:55

The Marc Ford era was the best. Much like the Taylor era for the Stones. Glad I got to see them in 90 and 96. Most excellent shows.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2024 22:32

DGA35

I bought a pair of those $25 Abby tickets and then wasn't able to go!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 21 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2274
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home