Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 30
Re: No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 17, 2019 17:54

anyone recommend any reseller other than stubhub?

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 17:54 by timbernardis.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: May 17, 2019 18:03

Seller does not want only 1 ticket left.

I would not use other resellers, stubhub is the best of the worst.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 18:06

coloradocanyons
Seller does not want only 1 ticket left.

I would not use other resellers, stubhub is the best of the worst.

I agree. Of the biggies, only them and the truly awful Viagogo remain. Ticketmaster wholly owned Seatwave and Getmein until last November, an absolute racket if ever there was one, especially for shows where they were the primary seller. Oddly enough, they haven't closed Ticketmaster Platinum though and Ticket Exchange/Verified Fan Resale is pretty much Seatwave and Getmein in new clothing. Have a read.

[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 18:12 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 17, 2019 18:13

VPN i.e. IP control in case you struggle with IP address issues:

[www.hidemyass.com]

Bjornulf

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: May 17, 2019 18:14

I actually have no issues at all with Stubhub. You are guaranteed to get what you pay for. The overall price is set by the seller, not by Stubhub. Stubhub just has very high fees but that's how they make money, the vig if you will. I use them all the time and have never had a single issue. If the fees make the price too high, I just don't buy the ticket or buy a cheaper one. Very simple.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 17, 2019 18:18

keefmick
I actually have no issues at all with Stubhub. You are guaranteed to get what you pay for. The overall price is set by the seller, not by Stubhub. Stubhub just has very high fees but that's how they make money, the vig if you will. I use them all the time and have never had a single issue. If the fees make the price too high, I just don't buy the ticket or buy a cheaper one. Very simple.

I agree 100% - I love Stubhub, use it all the time for baseball and basketball games. Never had a problem and have gotten tremendous deals and also paid a lot of money-but that is/was my choice.

Date: May 17, 2019 18:21

Woz
keefmick

I agree 100% - I love Stubhub, use it all the time for baseball and basketball games. Never had a problem and have gotten tremendous deals and also paid a lot of money-but that is/was my choice.

They're very good for last gasp fire sales. I got a ticket to see Jeff Lynne in London on Show Day last October at about 70% off face. £45!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2019 18:58

grzegorz67
Woz
keefmick

They're very good for last gasp fire sales. I got a ticket to see Jeff Lynne in London on Show Day last October at about 70% off face. £45!

Same here for Desert Trip wkd.2 and *Vegas '16, and in the case of DT it wasn't even really a "last grasp" as they were dumping tickets several days before the event. Prior to that, tix were being discounted on Costco. Not sure we'll see any Groupon deals as was the case with the previous legs of this tour, but more than likely will see some dumps on stubhub for some of these upcoming shows - especially the slow selling Glendale where Pits can still be had for $442+fees which I'm very tempted to get. But somthing tells me they will eventually be avaialable below face - probably as a last grasp on stubhub. And having Lucky Dips, maybe my chances of truly getting 'lucky' are good.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 17, 2019 19:16

timbernardis

plexi

I try everything in my power to avoid resellers, but have used Stubhub on occasion with no problems. My daughter has used CashorTrade (https://cashortrade.org/the-rolling-stones-tickets/) for Pearl Jam and Grateful Dead with great success. It might be worth checking out!

Best of luck to you!

Date: May 17, 2019 19:46

Hairball
grzegorz67
Woz
keefmick

Same here for Desert Trip wkd.2 and *Vegas '16, and in the case of DT it wasn't even really a "last grasp" as they were dumping tickets several days before the event. Prior to that, tix were being discounted on Costco. Not sure we'll see any Groupon deals as was the case with the previous legs of this tour, but more than likely will see some dumps on stubhub for some of these upcoming shows - especially the slow selling Glendale where Pits can still be had for $442+fees which I'm very tempted to get. But somthing tells me they will eventually be avaialable below face - probably as a last grasp on stubhub. And having Lucky Dips, maybe my chances of truly getting 'lucky' are good.

Chicago 1, my only show of this tour might be a little tougher as a tour opener. But there's always a way. There will certainly be late production seats released. The place holds 55,000. Hamburg 2 years ago was supposedly a fast sellout yet there were loads of tickets going for well below face on German eBay in the last few weeks. I've set myself a max budget of $200 and will get the best last gasp ticket I can get for that price.

I remember the Desert Trip prices dropping like a stone in the last few days before and your account of how you pounced and nabbed one. For anyone living within travelable distance like yourself, it was a great opportunity. Though I'm a Scot, I live 80 miles west of London straight along the M4 motorway so I'm well placed to take advantage of any last gasp drops there and I've done so several times. I went ticketless to London O2 Show 1, 2012,the very concert which kicked off the whole 2012-2019+ unprecedented golden era of touring every year and got in for £100, though missed the start. Still well well worth it, as always thumbs up.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 17, 2019 20:18

Gentlemen, with all due respect, this ain't just an opener, it's Mick's welcome back!

I'm just annoyed cuz I bought a ticket for the wrong show at first and then couldn't get where I wanted for Chicago 1. I'm in, but still looking...not a close distance away. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 17, 2019 20:48

I HATE STUBHUB! No refunds ever unless the show is cancelled. I did find that you can refuse to pay their absurd, excessive " processing fees" by simply saying I won't buy unless you lower the fees...which I did and they cut the fee in half. My ticket was $612 with the fees which totalled $135!!! I asked to speak with a supervisor and negotiated it down to around $62...still ridiculous but better than the $135! Never accept fees without a fight!

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 20:49

TooTough
blutsvente66
TooTough
Just curious...why is this always coming up?

Trying from Europe/Germany. Using PC and have tried it on a Laptop.

Thanks for any info/advice.

Try another Browser. In my case it was helpfull.

Thanks, it seems to be working. smileys with beer

Achso: Was macht ihr jetzt? Miami am Schluss??

Miami am Schluss, Jacksonville haben wir gecancelt.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 17, 2019 21:05

angee
Gentlemen, with all due respect, this ain't just an opener, it's Mick's welcome back!

I'm just annoyed cuz I bought a ticket for the wrong show at first and then couldn't get where I wanted for Chicago 1. I'm in, but still looking...not a close distance away. cool smiley

You are so right! Just imagine how deafening the crowd will be when Mick first hits the stage!

Stones Karma to you with your ticket upgrade!

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 21:11

timbernardis

plexi

I have used tickpick before and it's been fine - and no buyer fees (probably just baked in though). I did once got a message after buying tickets that they weren't available or as listed (I don't recall exactly) so the transaction was canceled. Not a big deal, it was within minutes and I simply bought different tickets. Worth checking out if nothing else.

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: May 17, 2019 21:37

timbernardis

plexi

Seatgeek and FlashSeats are fine, both have established partnerships with many sports teams and venues.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 17, 2019 21:43

timbernardis

plexi

I have had good experiences with Epic Seats.

[www.epicseats.com]

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 17, 2019 21:45

I like StubHub. Have got most of my tickets there cheaper than TM and the customer service especially by phone is great!

Of course if TM actually sold face value tickets it might be a different story!

Date: May 17, 2019 21:46

I think I'm beginning to understand the psychology of all these different ticket packages and prices, platinum, and flex pricing etc. As I sat actually pondering grabbing a pair of decent field tix, Brown Sugar package for $849 BEFORE fees I had a chuckle... I am only doing that because that $849 price actually looks reasonable stacked up against all the other completely ridiculous ticket prices. Otherwise, I'd not have ever given $849 field tickets a look at all and I bet that's exactly the strategy. eye rolling smiley

Date: May 17, 2019 23:12

mickschix
I HATE STUBHUB! No refunds ever unless the show is cancelled. I did find that you can refuse to pay their absurd, excessive " processing fees" by simply saying I won't buy unless you lower the fees...which I did and they cut the fee in half. My ticket was $612 with the fees which totalled $135!!! I asked to speak with a supervisor and negotiated it down to around $62...still ridiculous but better than the $135! Never accept fees without a fight!

I have found a way, I THINK, to get the 7 tix that I want for Denver in uppers right below my brother. I can buy one on Stubhub and six on TM, it is the same set of tix on both. However, the Stubhub tick is more expensive than those on TM, but it is better than buying 8 tickets, will save 200/250, somewhere in there.

Do you think Stubhub will negotiate for lower fees for just the one ticket, or maybe for all 7 if I were to buy from them?

Another weird thing that happened a couple of hours ago that I have never experienced before -- I got a call from area code 415 which is San Francisco and some parts of Marin County and the call was from a Stubhub rep calling from SPAIN of all places. She claimed they have huge offices there and in the UK. I said not the UK as last year when I was looking into tix for London, UK people here on this board said they don't have much of a presence in the UK. Have they upgraded their business in the UK in just the last year??

Anyway, she said she saw I was looking at Stones Denver tickets in section 535 and that, being the Stones, I should get them soon. As expected. I guess I shouldn't have logged in when I was searching. I told her what I was trying to do, to get 7 and such and I might buy one from them and 6 from TM and I asked her if this was possible and she said she didn't know, then proceeded to tell me about different options I might get with them such as get six in one row and one in the row one up from the one I want and other possibilities. I just then got a call from Mrs. Plexi asking if I was at the elementary school to see our granddaughter performing in some Native dances. I was already late so I had to cut the rep off and told her to call me later. She tried to hang on but I told her I had to go. Being the idiot that I am, I had told her of my love of the Stones, that Denver would be my 57th show, yada yada, that we would be bringing our five year old granddaughters and that it would be one big family event. I am sure she put it in their computer files that I was a sucker and not to negotiate down with me and so on. I hate myself sometimes.

So there you have it.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 23:15 by timbernardis.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 17, 2019 23:21

Plexi - try calling StubHub customer service when you have time and see if they can help you over the phone

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 23:23

Thu, May 16, 4:16 PM (1 day ago)
Is there a time limit to be able to ask for a refund for The Rolling Stones show in Miami for Aug 31st? --- Ticketmaster iPhone69 App v1.55.0 iOS12.3 Sent from

DoNotReply@ticketmaster.com
Thu, May 16, 4:18 PM (1 day ago)
Hello, Thanks for reaching out to us today. We wanted to confirm we have received your email, and a Fan Support representative will get back to you within the n

customer_support@ticketmaster.com
4:19 PM (3 minutes ago)
to me

Hi JH,

Thank you for reaching out! I truly am sorry for any inconvenience. To answer your question, you have until 72 hours prior to the new date to let us know.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Jason

Ticketmaster Fan Support

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 17, 2019 23:43

Stubhub>Ticketmaster

Date: May 18, 2019 00:11

sarahunwin
Plexi - try calling StubHub customer service when you have time and see if they can help you over the phone

I just did now and they won't negotiate. I told them that I KNOW that they negotiate on fees. And as mickschix suggested, I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said they were all gone (it is nearly 11 pm in Spain) and that they wouldn't be back til Monday. I said if that's the case, I would call a supervisor in the States. She said OK and that was it.

I guess I can still take 6 from TM for $1,887.60 including fees and 1 from Stubhub for $305.21 including fees for a grand total of $2,192.81 out the door. That's $313.26 per ticket in uppers. My brother says he got them in the original sale for about $120. That's about $200 more per ticket.

plexi

Date: May 18, 2019 00:13

Woz
Stubhub>Ticketmaster

What? Explain.

plexi

Date: May 18, 2019 00:20

timbernardis
sarahunwin

I just did now and they won't negotiate. I told them that I KNOW that they negotiate on fees. And as mickschix suggested, I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said they were all gone (it is nearly 11 pm in Spain) and that they wouldn't be back til Monday. I said if that's the case, I would call a supervisor in the States. She said OK and that was it.

I guess I can still take 6 from TM for $1,887.60 including fees and 1 from Stubhub for $305.21 including fees for a grand total of $2,192.81 out the door. That's $313.26 per ticket in uppers. My brother says he got them in the original sale for about $120. That's about $200 more per ticket.

plexi

Maybe check tickpick, 8 in 535 row 7 @ $299 ea.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 18, 2019 00:22

timbernardis
sarahunwin

plexi

You have gone thru all this trouble, you are taking your whole family,
get the tickets and be done man.
(I meant that helpfully)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-18 00:35 by 35love.

Date: May 18, 2019 00:35

35love
timbernardis
sarahunwin

plexi

You have gone thru all this trouble, you are taking your whole family,
get the tickets and be done man.

only if I can meet u on tour honey.

plexi

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 18, 2019 00:50

grinning smiley. Happy Friday!

Date: May 18, 2019 01:08

I just found the best price of all at Tickpick, then started checking the other sites people have mentioned on this page, but when I tried to go back to Tickpick, suddenly row 7 in sec 536 is just GONE, no matter which browser I try nor even on my cell phone. Are the tix still there, well, according to TM, they are.

What do I do to get this back?

plexi

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home