Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 30
Re: No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 16, 2019 23:19

Irix
sarahunwin

Where is this video please?

Here: [iorr.org] .

Okay I thought he meant something different!

Date: May 16, 2019 23:45

Hairball
For what it's worth, there is still availability at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara on various sites, but the prices have jumped up quite a bit!

And Santa Clara on a week day. Sunday!!!

Correct?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 16, 2019 23:51

Just curious...why is this always coming up?

Trying from Europe/Germany. Using PC and have tried it on a Laptop.

Thanks for any info/advice.

Date: May 16, 2019 23:56

Daspyblows

Is Sunday in California not considered a week night ?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 17, 2019 00:04

There is no commute on Sunday, so no, it's a weekend. i suspect the 10:00pm weeknight curfew will not be in effect as the stated showtime is 7:30 and there will be an opening act.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a test with the local community as the city of Santa Clara and the stadium have lost a lot of revenue on the "no weeknight concerts" policy.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2019 00:12

jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
For what it's worth, there is still availability at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara on various sites, but the prices have jumped up quite a bit!

And Santa Clara on a week day. Sunday!!!

Correct?

Correct, but you might be better off if you stay a day or two early as rates are more reasonable.
On official Hyatt Regency site, staying just the 18th will cost apprx. $500/night.
But if you go here - Trip Advisor - and put in either 16-19 or 17-19 rates are much lower for both nonrefundable and refundable.
If you put in just the 18th, only the Hyatt site shows avaialbility, and you'll be paying an arm and a leg.
Like others here, last night I booked a refundable room at apprx. $117/night so am feeling quite lucky about that.

PS - They're going fast as we speak, and as Woz pointed out Sunday is not considered a week day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 00:20 by Hairball.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: May 17, 2019 00:24

Just saw a co-worker with Stones shirt. Large org didn’t know them , but I stopped and shared our joy. I hope Mick is ready, that’s the only thing that tempers my joy.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: May 17, 2019 00:38

35love
Denver, Colorado on a Saturday in August.................

Is that a good or a bad thing? Just wondering because I'm going to that show as well and have no clue what the weather will be like in Denver in August, I imagine it won't be as hot and miserable as some of the other locations.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 17, 2019 00:45

I watched the new tour teaser on facebook. They only show young people going crazy at Stones concerts. The only old people in the teaser are the band members. I find this a bit weird since their core audience is 60+ rockers.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: May 17, 2019 00:49

So far the No Filter tour has had 2 kinds of openings:
1. Sympathy, with drums/piano/flames intro, spotlight in Mick with the “please allow me...” line, Keith and Ron in at the chorus

2. Some berk shouting “ladies and gentlemen The Rolling Stones”, Keith walks out into JJF/SMU/SFM

As far as I could tell, the only reason to drop Sympathy was because the 2018 shows started in the daylight - all the US shows will start in the dark, so I really hope we get Sympathy back as an opener. It worked, it was new, and it didn’t involve someone better suited to introducing Price is Right contestants overdoing the start of the show.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 00:55

tommycharles
1. Sympathy, with drums/piano/flames intro, spotlight in Mick with the “please allow me...” line, Keith and Ron in at the chorus

2. Some berk shouting “ladies and gentlemen The Rolling Stones”, Keith walks out into JJF/SMU/SFM

As far as I could tell, the only reason to drop Sympathy was because the 2018 shows started in the daylight - all the US shows will start in the dark, so I really hope we get Sympathy back as an opener. It worked, it was new, and it didn’t involve someone better suited to introducing Price is Right contestants overdoing the start of the show.

What's wrong with Matt Clifford?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 17, 2019 00:55

NilsHolgersson

I watched the new tour teaser on facebook. They only show young people going crazy at Stones concerts. The only old people in the teaser are the band members. I find this a bit weird since their core audience is 60+ rockers.

Advertising lies .... winking smiley

The Tour-Teaser: [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 17, 2019 00:59

bv
It took me an hour to book all my remaining hotels this past hour. All cities should be easy except for Seattle, quite high priced near the stadium.

Some advices when booking hotels:

- If the portals like hotels.com say no availability, then try direct i.e. hilton.com hyatt.com marriott.com etc

- If one day is not available then try 2-4 days, often they open up for a longer stay.

- Always book with an option to cancel within 1d to 7d before the actoal stay, never pay in advance, there may be changes.

BV: check into hotels near the airport. there is a light rail stop right on International Blvd. (hwy 99) that goes directly to the stadium district. & it is cheap. also, if needed i would be willing to give you ride. i live between the airport & the stadiums. i would be honored to give you a hand!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 17, 2019 01:04

tommycharles

Actually, June has the longest days of the year, in fact, the opener on June 21st is on THE longest day of the year, so I don't know what you are talking about. But you're right, best done in darkness, as befitting the song.

And I love the announcer telling us to welcome the Stones. Most of the time, it is done in a voice that evokes "Here are the Living Legends, THE ROLLING STONES!!!!!!" to me. It evokes a certain majesty. And somehow it evokes respect for them and, at the same time, conveys excitement that we are going to hear some of the greatest rock n roll ever written and performed and have a GREAT TIME!!!

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 01:06 by timbernardis.

Date: May 17, 2019 01:12

Irix
NilsHolgersson

Not all lies, but sort of stretching the truth....took this screenshot from the video clip of three young gals from the '60's:

And here are they are today:

winking smiley

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: May 17, 2019 01:43

Hairball
Irix
NilsHolgersson

Not all lies, but sort of stretching the truth....took this screenshot from the video clip of three young gals from the '60's:

And here are they are today:

winking smiley

wonder if that chick on the far right still has charlie's drumstick?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 17, 2019 01:46

I have those ladies book, the BV recommendation, he rarely never does, so I bought it/ Awesome. Coolest gal pals ever.

Someone asked Colorado on a Saturday in August, sounds perfect.

I’m thrilled for a sunny Sunday N CA smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 02:12 by 35love.

Date: May 17, 2019 02:08

timbernardis
Actually, June has the longest days of the year, in fact, the opener on June 21st is on THE longest day of the year, so I don't know what you are talking about. But you're right, best done in darkness, as befitting the song.

And I love the announcer telling us to welcome the Stones. Most of the time, it is done in a voice that evokes "Here are the Living Legends, THE ROLLING STONES!!!!!!" to me. It evokes a certain majesty. And somehow it evokes respect for them and, at the same time, conveys excitement that we are going to hear some of the greatest rock n roll ever written and performed and have a GREAT TIME!!!

plexi

Yes, but because the U.S. is collectively further south than most of the places they played in '18, there's a far better chance it will be dark when almost all of these shows begin, even in June.

I wouldn't mind an understated matter-of-fact "ladies and gentlemen...' like in '72, but the way it's done these days it just sounds so corny, like they need to make sure the crowd is properly amped up. It's a Rolling Stones show. We will all go nuts when the Rolling Stones come out. It doesn't need the whole Used Car Salesman approach.

Date: May 17, 2019 02:19

(COPIED). Some berk shouting “ladies and gentlemen The Rolling Stones”, Keith walks out into JJF/SMU/SFM

It never sounds berserk (that what you meant?) nor like a jerk is saying itthumbs down
I also read your line as
Keith wafts out to JJF
In Paris 2 No Filter was expecting SFTD and instead
Out wafts Keith Richards from my right in a cloud of smoke
JJF
EPIC

Waft: to move or go lightly on or as if on a buoyant medium

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 02:24

Seriously folks? After fearing the tour being canceled, they could open with Melody or Cherry O Baby and I would be happy!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 17, 2019 02:29

tommycharles
timbernardis

plexi

Yes, but because the U.S. is collectively further south than most of the places they played in '18, there's a far better chance it will be dark when almost all of these shows begin, even in June.

I wouldn't mind an understated matter-of-fact "ladies and gentlemen...' like in '72, but the way it's done these days it just sounds so corny, like they need to make sure the crowd is properly amped up. It's a Rolling Stones show. We will all go nuts when the Rolling Stones come out. It doesn't need the whole Used Car Salesman approach.

Agreed, it won’t be dark until 9:00pm at any of these venues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 02:33 by Woz.

Date: May 17, 2019 02:41

35love
(COPIED). Some berk shouting “ladies and gentlemen The Rolling Stones”, Keith walks out into JJF/SMU/SFM

It never sounds berserk (that what you meant?) nor like a jerk is saying it

Sorry, that was my UK heritage showing through - I meant the word I used: [www.merriam-webster.com]

Date: May 17, 2019 03:33

tommycharles
35love

It never sounds berserk (that what you meant?) nor like a jerk is saying it

Sorry, that was my UK heritage showing through - I meant the word I used: [www.merriam-webster.com]

Noun. berk (plural berks) (Britain, slang, derogatory, sometimes affectionate) A fool, prat, twit.
‘Just Your Berk’ Blue & Lonesome
I’m just your berk, can’t help myself’

Date: May 17, 2019 04:00

TumblinDice76
Seriously folks? After fearing the tour being canceled, they could open with Melody or Cherry O Baby and I would be happy!

Agree, and even if for some oddball reason they decide to play an extended version of Streets of Love instead of Midnight Rambler, I will loudly applaud and cherish the moment. winking smiley

ps- pardon to everyone for posting the old lady pic/lame joke above haha...I'd been up since 4:00 AM w/two hours sleep to hear about the new rescheduled dates and was getting a bit goofy.
On with the show. thumbs up

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: May 17, 2019 04:30

Got new reservations for Landover and Foxborough, and I booked a room in New Orleans, too... Gonna string N.O. and Jacksonville together, hopefully!

Hard to be at work today with all the info flowing, now that there's new dates announced, but I'm happy with those 3 bookings. I leapt on Philly reservations last night with the rumor of 7-23 already floating, so when BV added it to the list, I pulled the trigger.

Felt lucky to at least have plans for Chicago 1, now opening night!!, and Oro-Medonte that didn't need tweaked.

I'm 99% sure I'll grab a refund for my single seat in Glendale and the 3 in Pasadena... What a shame... Great fun last week though, but bittersweet that the centerpiece gigs out West for me weren't to be...sad smiley

It's Only Rock'n'Roll, ain't it?

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 17, 2019 04:54

bv
It took me an hour to book all my remaining hotels this past hour. All cities should be easy except for Seattle, quite high priced near the stadium.

Some advices when booking hotels:

- If the portals like hotels.com say no availability, then try direct i.e. hilton.com hyatt.com marriott.com etc

- If one day is not available then try 2-4 days, often they open up for a longer stay.

- Always book with an option to cancel within 1d to 7d before the actoal stay, never pay in advance, there may be changes.

FIND A GOOD TRAVEL AGENT LIKE ME AND NO WORRIES!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 17, 2019 04:59

mickschix
I mentioned this in a previous post but it's worth restating: when booking a hotel, NEVER SAY you're coming in for the Stones concert! Many of you may already know this but I learned it the hard way...say you're coming in for a meeting, or a wedding because if the hotel thinks you're coming to see the Stones, your rate will TRIPLE! I was able to change my hotel reservation to the new dates for my hotel near Foxboro AT THE SAME CHEAP RATE by saying the wedding date had changed! The reservationist said " It's a good thing you're calling today because the Stones changed their dates to the same time as your WEDDING!" I laughed and said, " Oh NO, I have Stones fans to deal with!?" She laughed!! Joke is on YOU, lady! Hopefully the hotel won't catch on and jack up my rate...but I don't think they CAN..BV is right, never pay in advance and only book at a place where you can cancel up to the day before the show. See you all in Foxboro!smileys with beer

When you check in, ask if you can stay on a hotel floor with the Stones fans just to see what is like. What a scream!smiling smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 17, 2019 05:05

TumblinDice76

Everyone keeps saying the tour is / was "canceled" .. .....

The tour was POSTPONED folks ... POSTPONED .. (only the Jazz Fest appearance has been canceled). The tour has been rescheduled .. and
things are back on track.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 17, 2019 05:19

I said "fearing" it was cancelled. When someone has heart surgery nothing is guaranteed. When the Stones postponed the tour the announcement never said "no worries fans we 100% garuntee the tour will go on as planned". The postponed thread had over 100 pages of fans speculating and hoping A) that Mick would fully recover and cool smileythat the tour would go on as planned. Here we are less then 24 hours after the rescheduled dates,and we have fans already taking the band for granted.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 17, 2019 05:21

I have a dilemma and need some helpful suggestions:

I have a pair of Lucky Dips for Denver meant for my wife and I, but now we have decided to take our two daughters, our son-in-law and two of our grandchildren (both age 5), for a total of 7. We need to sit up in the stands, not on the field/pitch for obvious reasons.

Here's the catch: we want 7 seats all together, or if we HAD to, could be 4 together and 3 together so long as we are nearby each other. When I checked on TM today, the cheapest I could find in the stadium was $185. When my brother got them in November (through some kind of Broncos season ticket holder deal), he got them for $120. I would like to get them for $100-125 or so.

Of course, the advice is to wait and there will be the inevitable price drops as we all know there will be. But, will I be able to get SEVEN TOGETHER for a better price?? Or would it be best to just suck it up and pay $185 each and do it now? This may be the best or the last remaining time that I can get this type of ticket/arrangement and as time goes along, it may get more and more difficult to get several seats together like this.

So, what to do? What say any of you?

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-17 05:23 by timbernardis.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1621
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home